31571 replies to this topic

#26681 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 07:30 PM

Idk what you're discussing here but I feel like this forum thinks Hinata got the long end of the stick and I disagree. I just thought of it and getting it off my chest will be good. Kishi treats Hinata like garbage - he literally called her the "boob-character" when he was asked about her in an interview.

Sakura was never allowed to get over Sasuke because that's not what a good woman does, and I put Hinata in the same box. It is so very spineless no-balls of him to reduse her to something lesser than he wrote her as, only because he's mad at her fans. She's his creation not theirs and he once said all characters have something of him in them. In a good story the side characters are main characters too, they have independent full lives that cross paths with one another and there you have a plot.

Naruto is such a basic series.

ナルサク

#26682 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:57 PM

If Naruto ever got rebooted, you know it would be tailored to NaruHina and SasuSaku. To this day, Studio Pierrot clings to think belief that they did the right thing. 
In fact, they'd probably shove Hinata into the heroine status from the beginning.

Apparently there's incoming merch. or some event featuring Naruto's bonds. Guess who's there and who isn't?  :fu: 
The fans are asking where Sakura is. Naturally they're upset. Here's the picture in question:

Warning: Side effects may induce justified rage

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#26683 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 09:05 PM

Idk what you're discussing here but I feel like this forum thinks Hinata got the long end of the stick and I disagree. I just thought of it and getting it off my chest will be good. Kishi treats Hinata like garbage - he literally called her the "boob-character" when he was asked about her in an interview.

Sakura was never allowed to get over Sasuke because that's not what a good woman does, and I put Hinata in the same box. It is so very spineless no-balls of him to reduse her to something lesser than he wrote her as

You talk as if Kishi ever injected value into her to begin with. He's a mangaka who was kittening heartless to all his characters. He killed Neji off because it was convenient and because someone told him to do that (?)

But with the other characters there was development that was wasted. Hinata was never treated with respect or even paid the least amount of attention by him, so to sabotage characters who were actually worth something for a pairing involving her was beyond the pale.

Edited by DrK, 19 November 2018 - 09:11 PM.

#26684 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 04:48 PM

Sakura was never allowed to get over Sasuke because that's not what a good woman does, and I put Hinata in the same box. It is so very spineless no-balls of him to reduse her to something lesser than he wrote her as, only because he's mad at her fans. She's his creation not theirs and he once said all characters have something of him in them. In a good story the side characters are main characters too, they have independent full lives that cross paths with one another and there you have a plot.

You're right, she didn't get the long end of the stick, BUT...she did get treated more kind than any other character in the series including Naruto himself. They gave her everything and then some. So, no, Hinata drew the short end of the stick, but to make it seem like she did pull the long one they just broke everyone else's stick until Hinata's was the biggest. Even bigger than Naruto's.

Like I said, way in the past. They couldn't raise Hinata's bar, so they just lowered everyone else's to the point that Hinata looked good.

Hinata got the guy she wanted, the life she wanted, and all her problems were magically wiped away. Hyuga civil war? Pff, what civil war? Her cousin hated her? He sacrifices himself for her sake. Not strong enough to be the queen of the Hyuga? Create a villain that takes out her sister who was more worthy of the throne and make her look weak.

Take any situation about Hinata and you will see that it was not Hinata who got smarter, stronger, and better. It was that everyone else got dumber, weaker, and worse. And the fanbase made excuses for it.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#26685 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 01:14 AM

It really doesn't matter that Kishimoto didn't care about Hinata, because SP more than made up for it, and made the ending entirely about her.

#26686 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 06:35 PM

Correction. Hinata never "got the long end of the stick", Everyone and I MEAN EVERYONE was handing it to her. Take a look at the so called "canon movie" to the manga and what do you see? Every named and relevant character in the village telling Naruto Nardo he must bury his face in Hinata's ample marshmallows because she always had feelings for him or it would benefit himself to do so. (So apparently she confessed to him during the Pain arc, and for at least two whole years it was never brought up) What was the point of the villain in that movie? To make Naruto a crazy, clingy, possessive boyfriend that "fights to have his woman" plus was despairing over her initial rejection that he wouldn't lift a finger to save the world prior to that. Does that sound like the Naruto that we rooted for all these years? How did Naruto fall in love with Hinata? He was FORCE FED a genjutsu to show how "faithful and patient" Hinata was in her devoted love throughout the years and told himself he had to give his love for her patience. It was not that he was full of thoughts of her, that she inspires him for any of his goals in life, was a comfort to him, or you know, anything typical for falling for someone in the first place. He GAVE HER A PITY ACCEPTANCE of her feelings and it was not even another confession of love straight from her mouth.

His most significant bonds, Iruka and Sasuke were not within viewing distance of his vicinity because NO ONE can be more precious and significant to to him than his "sexy, boing boing goddess" wife to be, Hinata. And Sakura, his most significant opposite sex bond and practically best friend told him he was only lusting after her as a "rivalry game" with Sasuke and never had any genuine feelings of love for Sakura. So there you go, All of Naruto's most precious bonds had the bridges between them burned to oblivion because Naruto can only think of Hinata, dream of Hinata, and imagining himself "doggy-styling" Hinata. :banana: 

It is REALLY insulting to Both the story and the readers when you think about it. So no, Hinata never got the long end of the stick. her worshiper cult HANDED HER the long end of the stick because they thought she deserved it. And in doing so, decided to paint the once good, selfless Protagonist into a a shallow and self-serving prick, the actual heroine of the series is now joining the mindless masses of Naruto X Hinata shippers that emphasize what a cute couple they would make and how beautiful/perfect their babies would be(plus twisting the knife further, DEGRADED Naruto's feelings for her in one fell swoop), and ultimately the theme of bonds in the story was "sunk to the bottom of the ocean" to accommodate the believability of How "Hinata Hyuga got her dream man that never noticed her until now, in to her hot-pants".

Edited by Phantom_999, 29 January 2019 - 07:02 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#26687 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 10:35 PM

You're right, she didn't get the long end of the stick, BUT...she did get treated more kind than any other character in the series including Naruto himself. They gave her everything and then some. So, no, Hinata drew the short end of the stick, but to make it seem like she did pull the long one they just broke everyone else's stick until Hinata's was the biggest. Even bigger than Naruto's.

Like I said, way in the past. They couldn't raise Hinata's bar, so they just lowered everyone else's to the point that Hinata looked good.

Hinata got the guy she wanted, the life she wanted, and all her problems were magically wiped away. Hyuga civil war? Pff, what civil war? Her cousin hated her? He sacrifices himself for her sake. Not strong enough to be the queen of the Hyuga? Create a villain that takes out her sister who was more worthy of the throne and make her look weak.

Take any situation about Hinata and you will see that it was not Hinata who got smarter, stronger, and better. It was that everyone else got dumber, weaker, and worse. And the fanbase made excuses for it.

Case in point, just look at ranks. Just a reminder, ninja rank isn't a measure of power. It's a measure of how of how you're viewed by the village, with higher ranks being given more duties and responsibilities like teaching or doing black ops.

Hinata originally retired at Chunin rank, meaning the village viewed her abilities and judgement to the degree that she could be trusted off the leash with some mid-rank duties and teaching at the academy. Now they're claiming she's Jonin rank, an elite of the village who trained her kids. So, two retcons there as Hinata is stated as never training Boruto prior to this.

Then we have Naruto. He never made Chunin, the eternal genin. In other words, the village never trusted him with jobs that he wouldn't be under supervision. For years after Kaguya, he stayed at this rank while getting married and having kids. But then he's supposed to lead the village now, despite him never being viewed as capable of teaching students.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#26688 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 23 November 2018 - 11:24 PM

Well many died before the ending or in the Last which we have Hinata to thank for, because she needed to be happy or get her happy ending.
Well at least the real Sakura doesnt have to see her home destroyed, yeah I still think that Sakura is dead and Sasuke killed her in that desert world and created a fake Sakura.

actually that makes too sense and would explain alot. 

Wait wait wait....so, let me get this straight.
Kishimoto can't write women correctly, has no idea what happens to the tailed beasts, has no clue why Sasuke and Sakura a couple, couldn't figure out how to have Madara be defeated, and is now saying that he has trouble writing the Pain Arc cause he had no idea how he wanted to end it.....BUT we are told to believe that Naruto and Hinata was decided even before the manga ever started being written and that NS being a red herring was all on purpose and planned?

I can't even anymore. The only thing that is believably true about Naruto planning is Kishimoto purposely made Sasuke and Naruto have a rivalry that would last the entire manga until the end. Everything else clearly shows that he either had no idea what he was doing or someone else made a decision for him.
I'm done. I don't get why the American fanbase stills thinks all of the NH stuff was on purpose meanwhile everything else Kishimoto didn't have a clue.

Basically this. It was not the fact that the females became housewives. It was not the fact that females became mothers or anything that trivial. The issue was that most of these characters had dreams and desires that they abandoned simply to make babies and become mothers. They gave it all up with the excuse that having babies was critical to their existence. It feels like they were told that nothing else matters. Even Kurenai faced this.

If anything, the way the characters become in Naruto is extremely stereotypical and actually regresses character types.

hell Izumi from full Metal alchemist boasts about being a housewife and 1,000 times more badass that any girl in Naruto currently and here's a shocker she matters to the plot even though she's not in it that much, seriously she threw sloth over her shoulder like nothing and dude is massive let's seen Hinata or any girl in Naruto do that, at most Sakura or tsunade could do that.

#26689 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 23 November 2018 - 11:37 PM

Case in point, just look at ranks. Just a reminder, ninja rank isn't a measure of power. It's a measure of how of how you're viewed by the village, with higher ranks being given more duties and responsibilities like teaching or doing black ops.

Hinata originally retired at Chunin rank, meaning the village viewed her abilities and judgement to the degree that she could be trusted off the leash with some mid-rank duties and teaching at the academy. Now they're claiming she's Jonin rank, an elite of the village who trained her kids. So, two retcons there as Hinata is stated as never training Boruto prior to this.

Then we have Naruto. He never made Chunin, the eternal genin. In other words, the village never trusted him with jobs that he wouldn't be under supervision. For years after Kaguya, he stayed at this rank while getting married and having kids. But then he's supposed to lead the village now, despite him never being viewed as capable of teaching students.

Good point Naruto was always a genine and never moved so ya he's not great at being hokage.
Odds are if Hinata was in charge of a squad she'd get them all killed.

#26690 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 12:59 AM

Good point Naruto was always a genine and never moved so ya he's not great at being hokage.
Odds are if Hinata was in charge of a squad she'd get them all killed.

Hinata would abandon them to go "save" Naruto when he's facing off against Kage-tier enemies.

Dear Sir or Madam,

It is with a heavy heart we write to inform you that your child. (insert name here), died during their mission to (gather herbs in the mountains) when (they ate poisonous mushrooms). Their genin instructor, Hinata Uzumaki, apparently left them to their own devices for three days while because she believed her husband, Hokage Naruto "Goddamn it Naruto" Uzumaki, was in danger of starving to death while she was out of Konoha. The irony is lost on them, but not to us. Trust us, we would LOVE to prosecute her for this and other incidents with her previous teams, but her husband was put in charge of the village by the previous Hokage, Naruto's teacher Kakashi Hatake. Not to mention, Mrs. Uzumaki's father is the head of the Hyuuga clan and he would be breathing down our necks if we punished her despite how her actions would disgrace any other clan.

Enclosed is a small amount in order to keep your silence on this matter. As far as the village is concerned, your child and his teammates never existed. Just like how the Uchiha clan genocide is something we've decided to cover up. If you want, however, we could have Orochimaru (here because of our glorious leader) clone your child and have the clone assigned to another team.

Yeah, this village is screwed. I'd recommend getting out.

Yours,

Shikamaru "Too young for this troublesome crap, Nara.

iSP2FNe.png

#26691 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 01:40 AM

About Naruto's ninja rank; I think it was implied early in part two that Naruto probably would have become chunin -like everyone else in his age group that stayed in the village- if he didn't go off with Jiraiya for 2 1/2 years of training. But, because he did that his missed out on both experience from missions as well as being able to take the chunin exam again. So, he was stuck as a genin for the rest of the story. Though, it was assumed by most people that he would get the hokage position at a fairly young age after the war, and would would receive on the job tutelage from people like Tsunade.

Instead due to the changes in order for the nH to happen: because they wanted Kakashi as hokage for promotional material to get more sales but they removed Tsunade from the position to do it and pushed Naruto back to justify it, in the novels they keep Naruto away from any important matters other then plowing Hinata and left the running of the villages to Kakashi and his adviser Shikamaru, the inauguration one-shot made it clear Naruto only became hokage because Kakashi was retiring and he wanted the job -also nepotism- despite never being train for it, and the Boruto movie made it clear he was utterly overwhelm in a job he is not capable of doing and was neglecting his family in order to add drama into Bolt's story.

About Hinata; again that's the difference between how Kishimoto saw Hinata, and how SP saw Hinata. Now let's talk about what the ninja ranks seemed to mean in the story. Jounin are the most important elite and competent members of the village. Most of the ninja characters we meet are generally Jounin because outside the characters that are Naruto's age group where generally dealing with the most important people of their village (even the villains.) Chunin are the back-bone of the village they are the foot soldiers and except for a few are background characters of the story. Genin are the children of the village watch over and taught by an elite to get them ready to take an exam that would make them chunin/adults.

From what we should have saw from the manga it actually an embarrassment to still be genin after a certain age; as well as unusual -part of the reason Kabuto's cover was blown is because he was getting too old to be a genin-. "The eternal genin," a nickname given to different characters in both the anime and the manga, but lets focus on the manga one. Might Gai's father despite his heroic last moments, spent most of his life being mocked as a failure for being unable to become chunin because he couldn't use any ninjutsu. What I'm getting at is that it is expect for genin to be able to become chunin by a certain age -again Naruto didn't become a chunin along with everyone else was due to the fact the went on a two-and-a-half year training trip-, and if its clear they can't; then they are expected to retire because they are clearly not competent or capable enough to be ninja. Hell, according to Sakura in the road of the ninja movie her parents' were unable to make it to Jounin. So, they retired to being merchants. So, all Hinata being a chunin says is that she is competent enough to be at least a foot solider, and when kishimoto had her retire to being Naruto's housewife as a chunin was that she wasn't competent enough to become anything more because that's all she was to him. But to SP she their goddess so of course she must be a Jounin.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 03 March 2019 - 11:26 PM.

#26692 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 04:45 AM

Didn't they do a filler episode where Naruto attempted to retake the Chunin exams, but was disqualified because he used his Sage Chakra. Again, SP filler but they're the ones running the show now and what they write about Naruto ends up having more weight. To me, that still shows something is wrong with Naruto. That he is lacking in the ability to do his research and think ahead, instead relying on rushing in and brute force. Shikamaru got his promotion despite surrendering because of his planning and understanding his own limitations. The complete opposite of Naruto, who will scream for someone to never give up and continue pushing themselves after they've clearly lost.

iSP2FNe.png

#26693 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 05:28 AM

Didn't they do a filler episode where Naruto attempted to retake the Chunin exams, but was disqualified because he used his Sage Chakra. Again, SP filler but they're the ones running the show now and what they write about Naruto ends up having more weight. To me, that still shows something is wrong with Naruto. That he is lacking in the ability to do his research and think ahead, instead relying on rushing in and brute force. Shikamaru got his promotion despite surrendering because of his planning and understanding his own limitations. The complete opposite of Naruto, who will scream for someone to never give up and continue pushing themselves after they've clearly lost.

I prefer not to count SP's ova as canon, I think Naruto proved he could think of a strategy when he fought Neji. 

#26694 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 05:33 AM

It was an OVA, and it was a joke fight between him & Konohamaru. Same as the sport festival one where Naruto couldn't use the restroom. Naruto doesn't rely just on brute force he does have at the very least a low cunning it just some times they don't use it. The Kage role always seemed to be based on strength, charisma, and acclaim more then anything else. 

#26695 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 09:10 AM

They really can't make up their minds, can they?

You know, after years from the NH fans accusing us of not respecting Kishimoto's vision, I think they're pointing the finger at the wrong people: it's SP that's not respecting his vision. 

I suppose this is a given, but I'm pretty sure the final databook classified Hinata as a chunin. Now SP claims she's a jonin. They're really not happy with what they're given. The Last didn't seem to work out for them, so they had to make the final episode about the wedding and change Hinata's personality. Kishimoto himself doesn't sex up Hinata much, so they do it themselves.

I also recall during the time of the Last most were describing Naruto as having moved up to Jonin. Mistuki, if I recalled, described Team 7 AND Hinata as Elite Jonin by birth (I guess that falls in line with that video regarding Naruto being about entitlement). 

Now he's been a genin for years before becoming Hokage, which makes no sense! If the village acknowledged him as being worthy of Hokage, he should have been steadily moving up in the ranks. If he couldn't make it past genin, well, I think he should have been kicked off the ninja force entirely. Genin start with low paying jobs, and in theory should be the most numerous in a ninja village. On top of that, everyone starts out as a genin when they are children, and by their late teens are expected to become chunin. So them keeping Naruto as a genin is basically admitting he's a man-child.

Well, it wasn't canon, it was more of a joke. Even so, I call BS on Konohamaru being good enough to force Naruto to use Sage Mode. Also, if Sage Mode was forbidden...why didn't they inform Naruto of this beforehand? Was he even paying attention?

Hell, why was Sage Mode even forbidden to begin with? The original chunin exams allowed the contestants to kill each other (though the referees would try to prevent that). Why would they forbid the use of such a rare skill when it presented no danger to the user or the innocent bystanders watching the fight? This wasn't a karate tournament with rules to win a trophy, this was a test of NINJA skill. And ninjas KILL. They don't fight for sport, nothing in real ninjutsu is passable as a combat sport because of it's use of deadly weapons and hand to hand combat skills meant to cripple or kill.

Funny thing is, by doing this, SP is actually UNDERMINING NH. They keep playing up this card for Naruto being an idiot to get some laughs out of the audience. We know from the filler he's not a genius in any shape or form, completely incapable of advancing on his own. He doesn't make very good decisions when it comes to his family. He forgives EVERYONE without having any of them face justice and seems to ignore obvious red flags.

In light of this, it almost feels like being married to Naruto is a punishment for Hinata. Some say NS won by not becoming canon...if this was what was going to happen, then YES. We SHOULD be thankful.

Edited by KClaws_2, 24 November 2018 - 09:11 AM.

#26696 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 09:39 AM

They really can't make up their minds, can they?

You know, after years from the NH fans accusing us of not respecting Kishimoto's vision, I think they're pointing the finger at the wrong people: it's SP that's not respecting his vision. 

I suppose this is a given, but I'm pretty sure the final databook classified Hinata as a chunin. Now SP claims she's a jonin. They're really not happy with what they're given. The Last didn't seem to work out for them, so they had to make the final episode about the wedding and change Hinata's personality. Kishimoto himself doesn't sex up Hinata much, so they do it themselves.

I also recall during the time of the Last most were describing Naruto as having moved up to Jonin. Mistuki, if I recalled, described Team 7 AND Hinata as Elite Jonin by birth (I guess that falls in line with that video regarding Naruto being about entitlement). 

Now he's been a genin for years before becoming Hokage, which makes no sense! If the village acknowledged him as being worthy of Hokage, he should have been steadily moving up in the ranks. If he couldn't make it past genin, well, I think he should have been kicked off the ninja force entirely. Genin start with low paying jobs, and in theory should be the most numerous in a ninja village. On top of that, everyone starts out as a genin when they are children, and by their late teens are expected to become chunin. So them keeping Naruto as a genin is basically admitting he's a man-child.

Funny thing is, by doing this, SP is actually UNDERMINING NH. They keep playing up this card for Naruto being an idiot to get some laughs out of the audience. We know from the filler he's not a genius in any shape or form, completely incapable of advancing on his own. He doesn't make very good decisions when it comes to his family. He forgives EVERYONE without having any of them face justice and seems to ignore obvious red flags.

In light of this, it almost feels like being married to Naruto is a punishment for Hinata. Some say NS won by not becoming canon...if this was what was going to happen, then YES. We SHOULD be thankful.

The Last was SP Naruto animation teams' dream, and it flopped very hard. It not just the final databook from what I recall the Last info cards people get at the screening said Sakura was a Jounin, and Hinata was a chunin...Naruto was still a genin from what I can remember. Like I said Naruto should have moved up the ranks already if he didn't go off with Jiraiya, and was probably suppose to become Hokage quickly after the ending. but Kakashi-Kage pushed him back to justify it. He still the strongest ninja in the village. So it likely he still sent on important missions as muscle. However, because of the incompetence of the people working on it they didn't have Naruto learn to become hokage, and instead focus on trying to justify nH in the novels when he was around. Well look at the inauguration one shot despite making him the next hokage Kakashi and Shikamaru have no faith in him, and have a plan b replacement on hand.

The elite Jounin at birth thing is from the one shot chibi from around the time of the Boruto movie.

That's large due to SP incompetence. After the Chunin exam they could have stopped Naruto is a bad father/hokage but instead they keep going. Not only that but they decided to make their own justification for Cups which led to the worst thing Naruto has ever done. They also have a problem of over-exaggerated their characters to much that they become disconnected to what the character is in the manga. in the manga Naruto is a bit dim due to poor education but does have some cunning, but eventually in the anime Naruto eventually became a complete more that any moment of brilliance seem plot contrived instead of natural. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 24 November 2018 - 09:39 AM.

#26697 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 05:45 PM

A kid that able to make a stone cold mass murderer like Zabuza cry.

It's really sad what this kid turn into now.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#26698 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 03:16 AM

But...but...we're supposed to feel SO badly for her because of her kidnapping as a small child!....That she didn't even really SEE anything of, much less understand anything going on in order to suffer any sort of trauma...Neji suffered more from that incident than Hinatatas could ever imagine.

....but maybe because her father isn't a perfect loving father to her!....Even though he HAD to train her hard because she was being expecting to succeed him as CLAN LEADER, meaning she HAD to be strong both in combat AND in clan politics in order to prevent possibly being overthrown by some (Branch Family) upstart or someone like that, as well as the fact that her words, actions, strength and such would reflect on him and the Hyuga Family as a whole, including the Branch Family, so if she shows to be weak in combat, weak in spirit, weak in almost every aspect, of course he's going to be disappointed and choose the more capable sibling. It's how big name families tended to work in such settings.

....but maybe because the man she "deserves" isn't paying attention to her 24/7!.....What the heck does that have to do with ANYTHING in the story, much less her kunoichi career? Even within the story, there have been kunoichi who were in love with someone, but it never fully went anywhere BECAUSE of the job in one way or another - either they move on because they focus more on their career up to themselves and/or the one they liked getting killed. If "love" is SO much more important, than she should never have become a kunoichi to begin with. This only further shows how her character concept was initially just as a civilian girl.

And even then, Hinatatas has never been shown, before or during part two, to even possess any Chunin qualities. Becoming Chunin, as the Chunin Exams themselves showed us, is not so much about raw power as opposed to being smarter, more intelligent, and being shown to be trustworthy enough to lead a squad hence why Shikamaru was the only one to be promoted to Chunin based on the exams despite others like Naruto, Neji, Sasuke, etc. showing a lot of power and, in Neji's case, even intelligence, but just really lacked the mental qualities, attitude, and trustworthiness of leadership. Hinatatas being Chunin was more than likely less about her realistically proving herself to be a Chunin between parts one and two as opposed to just being handed the label simply because she's part of the rookies and it "made no sense" to have her be held back...even though Naruto himself was already still held back.

In the end, anything that actually had any semblance of established structure is just thrown out the window when convenient for anyone, not even just for Hinatatas.

I prefer not to count SP's ova as canon, I think Naruto proved he could think of a strategy when he fought Neji. 

Not so much "think of a strategy" in that sense as much as being able to think quickly on his feet, which is a bit different IMO. "Strategy" is more like Shikamaru, Kakashi, and other smarter people / leaders who are able to really plan things out ahead of time whereas Naruto is more about just making impulsive, split second decisions in the heat of the moment which may or may not work.

2e5.gif

#26699 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 03:18 AM

If Naruto ever got rebooted, you know it would be tailored to NaruHina and SasuSaku. To this day, Studio Pierrot clings to think belief that they did the right thing. 
In fact, they'd probably shove Hinata into the heroine status from the beginning.

Apparently there's incoming merch. or some event featuring Naruto's bonds. Guess who's there and who isn't?  :fu: 
The fans are asking where Sakura is. Naturally they're upset. Here's the picture in question:

Warning: Side effects may induce justified rage

Oh, goddammit. X_X

#26700 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 03:43 AM

Oh, goddammit. X_X

Kurama represents the fans (Neji is likely thinking why did I die for this kitten)

Edited by totherpage95, 25 November 2018 - 03:43 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)