56 replies to this topic

#21 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:04 PM

Yeah I always thought that not using honorifics like san/kun/chan meant that you were closer to that person. She only ever called him Naruto.

This is the confusing part because I have heard it both ways. It can either be that the person is close or they wanted to insult the person by not using honorifics. I guess it depends on the situation.

However, we can prove that Sakura does it out of caring and closeness to Naruto by one simple thing...Sai. Sai actually asks about it and mentions that they are close and why Sakura doesn't use honorifics. I don't think this scene was just a coincidence and since Sai basically plays what we call "The straight man" it would make sense.

For those who don't know, the "Straight man" in stories is not sexual orientation, but rather the emphasis that the person is meant to set up something. They are usually more for compedy, but I feel they can set up anything. They are the outsider looking in pointing out the obvious. I believe Sai was supposed to be the Straight man to NS getting together because we knew Naruto and Sakura weren't doing it on their own due to their personalities in conflict of wanting to make the other happy and thinking they themselves cannot make the other happy which is the opposite. If this was Sai's original intention, then it would make sense for all the scenes with him setting up NS or pushing a NS narrative like th confession scene.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#22 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:18 PM

This is the confusing part because I have heard it both ways. It can either be that the person is close or they wanted to insult the person by not using honorifics. I guess it depends on the situation.

However, we can prove that Sakura does it out of caring and closeness to Naruto by one simple thing...Sai. Sai actually asks about it and mentions that they are close and why Sakura doesn't use honorifics. I don't think this scene was just a coincidence and since Sai basically plays what we call "The straight man" it would make sense.

For those who don't know, the "Straight man" in stories is not sexual orientation, but rather the emphasis that the person is meant to set up something. They are usually more for compedy, but I feel they can set up anything. They are the outsider looking in pointing out the obvious. I believe Sai was supposed to be the Straight man to NS getting together because we knew Naruto and Sakura weren't doing it on their own due to their personalities in conflict of wanting to make the other happy and thinking they themselves cannot make the other happy which is the opposite. If this was Sai's original intention, then it would make sense for all the scenes with him setting up NS or pushing a NS narrative like th confession scene.

Yeah for any sane person looking at the story, alot doesn't make sense. Aside from shipping wishes, I bet know one thought it would end as badly as it did. Naruto and Sakura were built up way too damn much.

#23 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 06:52 AM

Yeah for any sane person looking at the story, alot doesn't make sense. Aside from shipping wishes, I bet know one thought it would end as badly as it did. Naruto and Sakura were built up way too damn much.

it's sad when you realize Naruto had told Konohamaru, Shikamaru, Gaara, the Frogs, Sai, Minato, and even maybe Jiriaya that he was in love with Sakura the whole entire series. I got tired of pro-enders telling "Show me where Naruto said he loved Sakura" and they ignore such as the Frogs calling Sakura Naruto's *this* and holds up the pinky finger. Konohamaru said the same thing. Sai asked him directly and Naruto confimed it. "How can I when I can;t even keep my promises?" with a sad smile to him.

Like, how can they not see these moments? If they were in other Shonen manga they would agree that it was the most obvious things, but here in Naruto, because they love Hinata so much, they ignore these or downplay them.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#24 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:20 PM

it's sad when you realize Naruto had told Konohamaru, Shikamaru, Gaara, the Frogs, Sai, Minato, and even maybe Jiriaya that he was in love with Sakura the whole entire series. I got tired of pro-enders telling "Show me where Naruto said he loved Sakura" and they ignore such as the Frogs calling Sakura Naruto's *this* and holds up the pinky finger. Konohamaru said the same thing. Sai asked him directly and Naruto confimed it. "How can I when I can;t even keep my promises?" with a sad smile to him.

Like, how can they not see these moments? If they were in other Shonen manga they would agree that it was the most obvious things, but here in Naruto, because they love Hinata so much, they ignore these or downplay them.

And it doesn't help Studio Pierrot basically had tried to hide those factors in many different ways with all their stupid filler stuff, James. That's another reason we can chalk it up to people ignoring what Naruto has said about his feelings for Sakura besides the fact pro-enders just hate Sakura because, as you said, they love Hinata so much, so they ignore or downplay anything that is important, and you can tell even in the post-ending stuff Kishimoto has done, he has shown he has serious regret and shows how unhappy Naruto and Hinata as well as Sasuke and Sakura really are with their actions and expressions as well as how Karin is Sarada's biological mother and obviously the one person Sasuke loved enough to bear a child, but they don't give a crap, so they deserve to be ignored or to constantly have that evidence shoved into their faces to try to get them to shut up.

#25 NaruSaku122

NaruSaku122

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:51 AM

And it doesn't help Studio Pierrot basically had tried to hide those factors in many different ways with all their stupid filler stuff, James. That's another reason we can chalk it up to people ignoring what Naruto has said about his feelings for Sakura besides the fact pro-enders just hate Sakura because, as you said, they love Hinata so much, so they ignore or downplay anything that is important, and you can tell even in the post-ending stuff Kishimoto has done, he has shown he has serious regret and shows how unhappy Naruto and Hinata as well as Sasuke and Sakura really are with their actions and expressions as well as how Karin is Sarada's biological mother and obviously the one person Sasuke loved enough to bear a child, but they don't give a crap, so they deserve to be ignored or to constantly have that evidence shoved into their faces to try to get them to shut up.

Wait, it was confirmed that Sarada is Karins daughter? i means it's obvious but i wouldn't have thought they'd actually confirm it

Edited by NaruSaku122, 18 June 2018 - 02:52 AM.

#26 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 03:07 AM

Wait, it was confirmed that Sarada is Karins daughter? i means it's obvious but i wouldn't have thought they'd actually confirm it

Here's what I've heard. When Kishimoto was writing the gaiden the SS fanbase was freaking out because the way it was written made it seem very clear kishi may very well go for Salad is SK's daughter. So they sent in a large number of letters saying that if that happened they would never buy anything SJ related again. People freaked out and the editors stepped in. When Kishimoto was later asked in an interview if Salad was Sakura or Karin daughter he said, "he leaves it up to the readers interpretation." Instead of saying, "yes, Salad is Sakura's daughter."

So it up to you if you think that's the case or not.

To me; I think Kishimoto hated the end pairings so much by that point he wanted to get back at them to the point he considered making SK happen. But what happened above happened the editors put their foot down, so he just settled on making both pairing terrible marriages instead.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 24 June 2018 - 09:49 AM.

#27 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 03:10 AM

Here what I heard. When Kishimoto was writing the gaiden the SS fanbase was freaking out because the way it was written made it seem very clear kishi may very well go for Salad is SK's daughter. So they sent in a large number of letters saying that if that happened they would never buy anything SJ related again. People freaked out and the editors stepped in. When Kishimoto was later asked in an interview if Salad was Sakura or Karin daughter he said he leaves it up to the readers interpretation. Instead of saying yes Salad is Sakura's daughter.

So it up to you if you think that's the case or not.

To me; I think Kishimoto hated the end pairings so much by that point he wanted to get back at them to the point he considered making SK happen. But what happened above happened the editors put their foot down, so he just settled on making both pairing terrible marriages instead.

Karin would make way more sense. It would also be sadder for Sakura. She's married to a man who neglects her while raising his love child. We seriously need a retcon to Naruto.

#28 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 04:36 AM

Karin would make way more sense. It would also be sadder for Sakura. She's married to a man who neglects her while raising his love child. We seriously need a retcon to Naruto.

Sakura is just a total loser. Because she chose to be one. She chose to be with Sasuke because of Hinata who was never her friend.

Because of Hinata:

Sakura chose to be with Sasuke

Neji chose to die

Sasuke chose to be with Sakura and then leave the village for 12 years instead of being around Naruto who is the only living person he cares for

Naruto lost both Sasuke and Sakura. Completely.

Karin chose to become friends with Sakura which is something she would never do, and was not able to be with Sasuke or have a family as a result.

Tsunade's legacy was not only destroyed, but given to a family that was at war with and responsible for many deaths of her ancestors

Kakashi and many others became kittening terrible hypocrites.

Gaara was given a minor role in a crap movie where he acts totally OOC disinterested in regards to Naruto. To hell with that garbage.

Kiba became a useless loser.

Ino became completely pathetic woman who, despite being married to someone else, still longs for someone who never even looked her in the eyes

Sakura's parents are probably completely miserable.

Naruto's parents are probably miserable (in the afterlife)

Same with Jiraiya and other more minor characters like Zabuza, Nagato, even Itachi et al. who died believing in Naruto

Naruto is a scumbag alcoholic with no values

Naruto didn't get to attend his own Hokage ceremony.

Edited by DrK, 18 June 2018 - 04:38 AM.

#29 NaruSaku122

NaruSaku122

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:33 AM

Sakura is just a total loser. Because she chose to be one. She chose to be with Sasuke because of Hinata who was never her friend.

Because of Hinata:

Neji chose to die

Sasuke chose to be with Sakura and then leave the village for 12 years instead of being around Naruto who is the only living person he cares for

Karin chose to become friends with Sakura which is something she would never do, and was not able to be with Sasuke or have a family as a result.

Tsunade's legacy was not only destroyed, but given to a family that was at war with and responsible for many deaths of her ancestors

Gaara was given a minor role in a crap movie where he acts totally OOC disinterested in regards to Naruto. To hell with that garbage.

Ino became completely pathetic woman who, despite being married to someone else, still longs for someone who never even looked her in the eyes

Same with Jiraiya and other more minor characters like Zabuza, Nagato, even Itachi et al. who died believing in Naruto

wow that sounds horrible. am i lucky to have stopped watching after the Pain arc?

They way people describe naruto these days makes me a little big sad because of what it could have been. There was so much potential just wasted.

#30 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:24 AM

wow that sounds horrible. am i lucky to have stopped watching after the Pain arc?

They way people describe naruto these days makes me a little big sad because of what it could have been. There was so much potential just wasted.

I could have gone on longer. It's a farce that words can't really do justice to.

#31 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:19 PM

Because of Hinata:

Neji chose to die

So wait, she still has her crush on Sasuke even after marrying his replacement?

#32 griff142

griff142

Member of Kishi's execution squad

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:I love anime. I am also a football geek and video game nerd.

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:40 PM

Because of Hinata:

Neji chose to die

Yeah, Kiba reminds me so much of Yamcha when it comes to being useless. Neji dying was the best thing because at least his character didn't have to suffer like everybody else. The 2 main characters of the story easily had the worst changes in the series.

#33 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 12:40 AM

So wait, she still has her crush on Sasuke even after marrying his replacement?

Yes. This is the ending where no one gets to be happy, but Hinata.

Edited by Nostradamus, 19 June 2018 - 12:41 AM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#34 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:23 AM

WTF. I feel horrible for Sai then. He is a literal substitute for a man who neglects his family and I bet you Sai is a much better father and husband.

Edited by jak123, 19 June 2018 - 01:24 AM.

#35 NaruSaku122

NaruSaku122

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:27 AM

The question is, is Hinata really happy despite knowing her marriage is a farce? i doubt that. I just can't imagine someone being happy despite knowing that they aren't loved by their spouse.

#36 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:37 AM

The question is, is Hinata really happy despite knowing her marriage is a farce? i doubt that. I just can't imagine someone being happy despite knowing that they aren't loved by their spouse.

I knew you or someone else was going to say that. That's why I even left something out the first time. :D

The thing with Hinata is that she was the type of character that wasn't interested in love or happiness. Her mentality was just "I want it because I want it and I have to have it."

She was basically a brat that never grew up, along with her fanbase. :D

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#37 NaruSaku122

NaruSaku122

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 02:21 AM

WTF. I feel horrible for Sai then. He is a literal substitute for a man who neglects his family and I bet you Sai is a much better father and husband.

And he's a better friend. Sai was more of an friend to Sakura/Naruto than Sasuke ever was. 

#38 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 02:47 AM

A confession is a statement – made by a person or by a group of persons – acknowledging some personal fact that the person (or the group) would ostensibly prefer to keep hidden.

Not all confessions reveal wrongdoing, however. For example, a confession of love is often considered positive both by the confessor and by the recipient of the confession, and is a common theme in literatur

So if Sakura was lying why is the chapter called "Sakura's confession" and not "Sakura's deceit" or "Sakura's lie" or even "Sakura's plan."

Meanwhile, Hinata's "confession" is not called "Hinata's confession," but rather "The confession."

Am I going anywhere with this?

Honestly, there is no such thing as "fake confession," as that is a oxymoron. That's like saying "real life ghost" or "more perfect." How can you be more perfect? You are either perfect or you are not. "Fake confession" is basically saying "A fake fact." Yeah you can say it, but it is not grammatically correct and it really doesn't exist.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#39 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:05 AM

It was a confession with an ulterior motive. There isn't really a good one word adjective for that. People say it was fake because a confession should not be about something other than the confession. Also because while Sakura clearly loved Naruto she might not have actually thought that she did. It may have been her view as well that she was lying to him. I don't know. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter.

Edited by DrK, 19 June 2018 - 03:07 AM.

#40 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:52 AM

In the movie she is miserable because Bolt is throwing it in her face that Naruto is not interested in her family she made from him. But she is hinata so she just brushes it off.

And he's a better friend. Sai was more of an friend to Sakura/Naruto than Sasuke ever was. 

There is a reason why the third teammate of the new team is a clone of Sai (Cups), while the clone of Sasuke (Nail) is presented to us at the very start as a villain.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 19 June 2018 - 03:15 PM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users