756 replies to this topic

#661 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 11:49 PM

That's like admitting "Oh, Naruto was my true love, but I felt "bad" for Hinata because of the writers."

I truly hate this, wait that's too soft to say. I truly DESPISE this. The whole" Sakura feeling sorry for Hinata because she loves him". So what does she do? She hands down Naruto on a pedestal for Hinata to take. Because that's basically what Pierot did in the Last. I also hate the logic that she probably feels not worthy to love Naruto because of all the pain she put him through, Nothing but BS on a higher level. I can't stand this.  :down:

Though I can be a hypocrite considering I have written stories with Sakura feeling that way. :sweatdrop:  But I still hate it.

Edited by Gravenimage, 19 March 2018 - 12:25 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#662 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 12:06 AM

I truly hate this, wait that's too soft to say. I truly DESPISE this. The whole" Sakura feeling sorry for HInata because she loves him". So what does she do? She hands down Naruto on a pedestal for Hinata to take. Because that's basically what Pierot did in the Last. I also hate the logic that she probably feels not worthy to love Naruto because of all the pain she put him through, Nothing but BS on a higher level. I can't stand this.  :down:

Though I can be a hypocrite considering I have written stories with Sakura feeling that way. :sweatdrop:  But I still hate it.

That infuriates me. Yes, she did, but not really intentionally. He did it because he loved her. If that was really her logic, then she gave up her true love to be with a guy who tried to murder her and severely neglects her.

#663 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 02:30 AM

I also hate the logic that she probably feels not worthy to love Naruto because of all the pain she put him through,

I want her to feel that way but I don't want her to give him to Hinata as a result. That would just put him through even more pain.

#664 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 12:30 PM

I want her to feel that way but I don't want her to give him to Hinata as a result. That would just put him through even more pain.

Exactly and also it's not up to Sakura to decide what's best for Naruto that's up for Naruto to decide NOT her. He has love Sakura from the very beginning and he has shown through the 15 years of the manga that he still does loves her. He should have confessed to her and I know she would have said yes if it wasn't for the stupid NH fandom and crazy Pierot that wanted Naruto with Hinata. And they made SS for the sake of NH to have some relevance. To all professional managaka take notes from Kishimoto to what NEVER do in a story. 

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#665 griff142

griff142

Member of Kishi's execution squad

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:I love anime. I am also a football geek and video game nerd.

Posted 19 March 2018 - 01:48 PM

Exactly and also it's not up to Sakura to decide what's best for Naruto that's up for Naruto to decide NOT her. He has love Sakura from the very beginning and he has shown through the 15 years of the manga that he still does loves her. He should have confessed to her and I know she would have said yes if it wasn't for the stupid NH fandom and crazy Pierot that wanted Naruto with Hinata. And they made SS for the sake of NH to have some relevance. To all professional managaka take notes from Kishimoto to what NEVER do in a story.

Yeah, it kind of reminds me of the fallout of Metal Gear with Kojima and Konami. Konami wanted to have complete control of what would happen and Kojima had to constantly butt heads with them to back off. I had to believe at the beginning Kishi did try to fight SP off. The difference though between Kojima and Kishimoto is that Kishi eventually caved in and wanted the money. He eventually got lazy and his work suffered as a result. On the other hand, Kojima didn't and when he had enough decided to leave and said screw you to Konami. Kojima would rather see his creation die then had to force to bend the knee. Kishi should have done this too but no and his credibility as a writer is tarnished forever in my eyes.

#666 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:56 PM

So a guy posted a long review for an old story I wrote, this is part of it. He really, really hated the story.

Which Naruto have you written about anyway? You think Naruto wasn't self-aware when Sasuke said to his face that Sakura should be left behind (in the barrier) to get vapourized by Jubi-Jin Obito's Bijuu-Damas? You believe he was out of it when Sasuke dragged him away and left Sakura and Kakashi to burn to death in the lava-pit? You reckon that Naruto was delirious when he had 'just' saved Sakura from a moral attack from the poisoned kunai in Sasuke's grasp? You assume that Naruto was a cold-turkey when Sasuke launched a direct assault on Sakura at their reunion, and then proceeded on to nearly finish the job with Kirin? But a mere Genjutsu is what pushes him over the edge?

You do realize that Naruto never gave a kitten about Sakura to this degree, right? All of these (canonical) incidents take place before this canon divergence you've gone with. You've practically butchered Naruto's character (I won't say anything about Sasuke as he requires skill and craft to pen-the kind Naruto-fandom scarcely possesses), and I don't even like the guy.

He also complained that Naruto stated he wasn't trying to bring back Sasuke for Sakura. You can see the obvious problem that I would have in responding to his review to address his points. It's a problem you always run into when you try to do anything of merit with Kishi's manga.

He's right. He's totally right. Naruto treated Sakura like kitten in favor of Sasuke. So a Naruto that acted via anger based on what he felt for Sakura is wholly, and if we want to stick to canon, unforgivably, out of character, based on what Kishi wrote. If the Pain arc and before didn't exist, this would really be a horrible crack pairing. It would be almost as bad as SS.

#667 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:21 PM

So a guy posted a long review for an old story I wrote, this is part of it. He really, really hated the story.

Which Naruto have you written about anyway? You think Naruto wasn't self-aware when Sasuke said to his face that Sakura should be left behind (in the barrier) to get vapourized by Jubi-Jin Obito's Bijuu-Damas? You believe he was out of it when Sasuke dragged him away and left Sakura and Kakashi to burn to death in the lava-pit? You reckon that Naruto was delirious when he had 'just' saved Sakura from a moral attack from the poisoned kunai in Sasuke's grasp? You assume that Naruto was a cold-turkey when Sasuke launched a direct assault on Sakura at their reunion, and then proceeded on to nearly finish the job with Kirin? But a mere Genjutsu is what pushes him over the edge?

You do realize that Naruto never gave a kitten about Sakura to this degree, right? All of these (canonical) incidents take place before this canon divergence you've gone with. You've practically butchered Naruto's character (I won't say anything about Sasuke as he requires skill and craft to pen-the kind Naruto-fandom scarcely possesses), and I don't even like the guy.

He also complained that Naruto stated he wasn't trying to bring back Sasuke for Sakura. You can see the obvious problem that I would have in responding to his review to address his points. It's a problem you always run into when you try to do anything of merit with Kishi's manga.

He's right. He's totally right. Naruto treated Sakura like kitten in favor of Sasuke. So a Naruto that acted via anger based on what he felt for Sakura is wholly, and if we want to stick to canon, unforgivably, out of character, based on what Kishi wrote. If the Pain arc and before didn't exist, this would really be a horrible crack pairing. It would be almost as bad as SS.

I hope you are being sarcastic at the end there, dude, and not really giving up, DK.

#668 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:30 PM

I hope you are being sarcastic at the end there, dude, and not really giving up, DK.

Well no, but I've always felt like this. The manga after Pain twists everything so badly. I would be a hypocrite to say as I did in this thread that well, the ending they used was unacceptable because of these scenes with Naruto and Sakura, while not acknowledging that if Naruto ended up with Sakura, the other side would be able to ask why Naruto was willing to let Sakura suffer and/or die in those situations.

I do think that nothing about his indifference would support NH or SS in any event. But it is still a big problem and I can't ignore it no matter how much I want to. Sakura was able to overcome her "love" for Sasuke to help Naruto, so why wasn't Naruto able to do the same?

Edited by DrK, 19 March 2018 - 04:34 PM.

#669 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:41 PM

Well no, but I've always felt like this. The manga after Pain twists everything so badly. I would be a hypocrite to say as I did in this thread that well, the ending they used was unacceptable because of these scenes with Naruto and Sakura, while not acknowledging that if Naruto ended up with Sakura, the other side would be able to ask why Naruto was willing to let Sakura suffer and/or die in those situations.

I do think that nothing about his indifference would support NH or SS in any event. But it is still a big problem and I can't ignore it no matter how much I want to. Sakura was able to overcome her "love" for Sasuke to help Naruto, so why wasn't Naruto able to do the same?

As the ending was, honestly, I can see why since so much of it is just... I dunno, it just contradicts what was established before the post-Pain stuff did.

#670 griff142

griff142

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:33 PM

As the ending was, honestly, I can see why since so much of it is just... I dunno, it just contradicts what was established before the post-Pain stuff did.

That was when Kishi officially sold his soul to his overlords and part of me believed he thought or at least SP/SJ thought nobody would notice how the story was changing. That War arc was long and ridiculous. Easily one of the worst arcs in Naruto.

#671 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:39 PM

That was when Kishi officially sold his soul to his overlords and part of me believed he thought or at least SP/SJ thought nobody would notice how the story was changing. That War arc was long and ridiculous. Easily one of the worst arcs in Naruto.

Yeah, the war was highly unnecessary. It was just a way for them to use that Resurrection jutsu to bring back a bunch of callback characters. Madara should have been the final bad guy, and it was dumb to introduce those moon demons? Whatever Kaguya was. 

#672 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:42 PM

It's been awhile, but wasn't the main reason for him wanting to bring Sasuke back was so Sakura would smile again? 

#673 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:43 PM

It's been awhile, but wasn't the main reason for him wanting to bring Sasuke back was so Sakura would smile again? 

In the Land of Iron he takes it back, he says it has nothing to do with his promise to her. Although the fact that it did to begin with wasn't stated in an iron-clad way IIRC.

#674 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:13 PM

In the Land of Iron he takes it back, he says it has nothing to do with his promise to her. Although the fact that it did to begin with wasn't stated in an iron-clad way IIRC.

Even though it clearly still did. 

#675 griff142

griff142

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 01:31 PM

Even though it clearly still did.

Of course it did. He may have wanted to save Sasuke but his promise gave him the drive to succeed for Sakura. He would have done anything for her.

#676 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 04:14 PM

Even before Pein, things were being contradicted, especially with the "Child of Destiny" crap. Sure, Jiraiya himself may have believed it to be potentially others, but we all know it was meant to apply to Boruto's dad.

2e5.gif

#677 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 05:28 PM

Even before Pein, things were being contradicted, especially with the "Child of Destiny" crap. Sure, Jiraiya himself may have believed it to be potentially others, but we all know it was meant to apply to Boruto's dad.

Which is why in The Demon Within, there isn't a Child of Destiny, but rather the story Jiraya is told by Gamamaru is that he would train a ninja who would potentially change the world, which basically leads Jiraiya to first think it's Nagato, then Minato.

#678 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:34 PM

Which is why in The Demon Within, there isn't a Child of Destiny, but rather the story Jiraya is told by Gamamaru is that he would train a ninja who would potentially change the world, which basically leads Jiraiya to first think it's Nagato, then Minato.

But Naruto hasn't changed the world so they kittened up the Jiraya story even more.

#679 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 10:18 PM

But Naruto hasn't changed the world so they kittened up the Jiraya story even more.

He did change it. It used to be that evildoers such as Sasuke or Orochimaru were made missing nins that got killed on sight. Now they get to do whatever they want. That is a serious shift in the status quo that we have to give him credit for. It also used to be that the Kage was someone who everyone admired. Now his own parents aren't even going to like him. It used to be that people would actually pursue their own happiness. Now they want to be miserable. He made a ton of changes. I dunno what you are on about.

#680 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 12:27 AM

He did change it. It used to be that evildoers such as Sasuke or Orochimaru were made missing nins that got killed on sight. Now they get to do whatever they want. That is a serious shift in the status quo that we have to give him credit for. It also used to be that the Kage was someone who everyone admired. Now his own parents aren't even going to like him. It used to be that people would actually pursue their own happiness. Now they want to be miserable. He made a ton of changes. I dunno what you are on about.

lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users