Close
Photo

Whats your OTP now that NS was given the pipe?

• Please log in to reply
1512 replies to this topic

#1021 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:28 PM

For a much more recent thing (and ongoing) - Nishikita and Takagi in Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san.

2e5.gif

#1022 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:34 PM

For a much more recent thing (and ongoing) - Nishikita and Takagi in Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san.

They are great. I love the spinoff where they are adults.

#1023 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 26 February 2018 - 05:25 PM

Zero Two and Hiro in Darling in the Franxx:

3d4447e415ac274de6e40d5650c8921c.jpg

I was also reminded of another favorite of mine - Joe x Lina from Stan Lee's first anime, Heroman:

4-4753-16694-CrunchySubsHeroman12720pmkv

heroman26-3.jpg

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#1024 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 07:53 PM

Oh hey I'm starting to really like that anime, Darling in the Franxx. I'm reading the manga right now but I'm getting to the anime soon :happy:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#1025 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:27 PM

Zero Two and Hiro in Darling in the Franxx:

3d4447e415ac274de6e40d5650c8921c.jpg

I was also reminded of another favorite of mine - Joe x Lina from Stan Lee's first anime, Heroman:

4-4753-16694-CrunchySubsHeroman12720pmkv

heroman26-3.jpg

TIL Stan Lee made an anime. Is it good? How's the romance?

#1026 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:33 AM

TIL Stan Lee made an anime. Is it good? How's the romance?

Yup, he co-produced it with Studio Bones back in 2010 and for his first anime, it's pretty good IMO.  It's essentially an anime superhero version of Iron Giant(with a subtle but noticeable influence from Gurren Lagann, especially towards the last episodes of the series) with a colorful rogues gallery and a decent overarching plot.  The romance  between Joey and Lina is well-handled and adorable, not to mention it's refreshingly straight-forward.  It also has sprinkles of the Peter/MJ relationship. It's a shame that it never did come westward(or at least, not yet given the mixed reports I get about its localization).  

Edited by Kagomaru, 02 March 2018 - 12:34 AM.

#1027 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:55 AM

Yup, he co-produced it with Studio Bones back in 2010 and for his first anime, it's pretty good IMO.  It's essentially an anime superhero version of Iron Giant(with a subtle but noticeable influence from Gurren Lagann, especially towards the last episodes of the series) with a colorful rogues gallery and a decent overarching plot.  The romance  between Joey and Lina is well-handled and adorable, not to mention it's refreshingly straight-forward.  It also has sprinkles of the Peter/MJ relationship. It's a shame that it never did come westward(or at least, not yet given the mixed reports I get about its localization).  

Probably would be better to watch the sub anyway. Good to know about the romance. I'm a junkie for a good romance sub plot when its not the main focus. I love me some romance.

#1028 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:26 PM

Oh there is a recent one I forgot to mention. MCU! Thor and Valkyrie. I mean sure the director stated Thor wasn't looking for a relationship at the time of the film, and they don't hook up but The moments are there and I feel that she'd be a WAY MORE interesting partner for him than Jane of even Lady Sif lol. :excited: Even thor it Is Sif that is his love interest in the comics :yes:

Edited by Phantom_999, 10 March 2018 - 06:26 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#1029 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:43 PM

Oh there is a recent one I forgot to mention. MCU! Thor and Valkyrie. I mean sure the director stated Thor wasn't looking for a relationship at the time of the film, and they don't hook up but The moments are there and I feel that she'd be a WAY MORE interesting partner for him than Jane of even Lady Sif lol. :excited: Even thor it Is Sif that is his love interest in the comics :yes:

Yeah, I was kinda annoyed they wrote Sif out. This version of Valkyrie was cool and all, but I think she was better with Hulk. lol

Though the worst pairing in the MCU has to be Bruce Banner and Black Widow. That came out of nowhere. I was really disappointed with that development after Winter Soldier. Black Widow and Steve Rogers had such great chemistry in that movie. I know they added Sharon Carter, but she's so kittening bland in these movies. 

#1030 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:08 PM

Still one of my top favorite Disney romances along, though I think Starco and Wildehopps are clashing for #1.

And since I'm on a roll with old OTPs, I'm going to add Orphen x Cleo from Sorcerer Stabber Orphen:

render__sorcerous_stabber_orphen___orphe

I think they are two of the most harmoniously volatile couples I have ever seen in an anime or manga...and I freaking love them for it!   :wibble:

Did Orphen and Cleo end up together ?

#1031 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:52 PM

Yup. They got married and Orphen bought an estate in the countryside where he became the founder of his own magic school called Ma-Oh. Majic teaches there (and he is nationally recognized as one of the most powerful sorcerers on the continent) while Cleao is in charge of self-defense classes(and acts as Orphen's unofficial bodyguard when they travel). They have three daughters known as Edge, Ratsbane and Hatchet, who have also received their spin-off series.

#1032 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:54 PM

Yep.

#1033 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:56 PM

Yup. They got married and Orphen bought an estate in the countryside where he became the founder of his own magic school called Ma-Oh. Majic teaches there (and he is nationally recognized as one of the most powerful sorcerers on the continent) while Cleao is in charge of self-defense classes(and acts as Orphen's unofficial bodyguard when they travel). They have three daughters known as Edge, Ratsbane and Hatchet, who have also received their spin-off series.

Yep.

I'm interested in watching the series. I like these kind of settings a lot in an anime.

Edited by T XD, 11 March 2018 - 05:56 PM.

#1034 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:23 PM

Yeah, I was kinda annoyed they wrote Sif out. This version of Valkyrie was cool and all, but I think she was better with Hulk. lol

Though the worst pairing in the MCU has to be Bruce Banner and Black Widow. That came out of nowhere. I was really disappointed with that development after Winter Soldier. Black Widow and Steve Rogers had such great chemistry in that movie. I know they added Sharon Carter, but she's so kittening bland in these movies. 

I wouldn't really say it's "bad", but yeah, it was out of nowhere. I can only guess it was done because, with the discontinuation of any solo Hulk films, I guess they didn't want Bruce to be the odd man out more than he already is, and if anyone really NEEDS someone by his side and supporting him, it's Bruce.

2e5.gif

#1035 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:36 PM

I wouldn't really say it's "bad", but yeah, it was out of nowhere. I can only guess it was done because, with the discontinuation of any solo Hulk films, I guess they didn't want Bruce to be the odd man out more than he already is, and if anyone really NEEDS someone by his side and supporting him, it's Bruce.

What they should have done is introduce Caiera in Thor Ragnarok. 

#1036 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:36 PM

Izuku and Ochako, they are innocent and so freaking pure it hurts my heart. 

tumblr_op8ao96LnI1v8y66vo1_500.gif

Edited by Konohakitten, 13 March 2018 - 02:36 PM.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#1037 winter-serenade

winter-serenade

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:40 PM

Miki Makimura x Akira Fudo from Devilman
Eren x Mikasa from SnK
I have no clue why, but I like pairing Sailor Moon characters with DBZ characters. Gohan x Chibiusa, Goku x Usagi, Rei x Vegeta. It's weird but I can't help it...

#1038 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 02:01 PM

Izuku and Ochako, they are innocent and so freaking pure it hurts my heart. 

tumblr_op8ao96LnI1v8y66vo1_500.gif

I know she "sealed away" her feelings to focus on being a hero, but THEY BETTER GET TOGETHER IN THE END!

#1039 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 06:46 PM

Miki Makimura x Akira Fudo from Devilman
Eren x Mikasa from SnK
I have no clue why, but I like pairing Sailor Moon characters with DBZ characters. Gohan x Chibiusa, Goku x Usagi, Rei x Vegeta. It's weird but I can't help it...

I personally saw Gohan with either Ami (similar to him in being smart, but also a strong fighter when need be) or Makoto (someone like Videl who could keep him grounded). Sometimes even (an older) Hotaru, like Gohan helping her over the fear of her power like he was initially. I also have fun (crack)shipping with a Haruka and Michiru sandwich, lol.

2e5.gif

#1040 winter-serenade

winter-serenade

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:08 PM

I personally saw Gohan with either Ami (similar to him in being smart, but also a strong fighter when need be) or Makoto (someone like Videl who could keep him grounded). Sometimes even (an older) Hotaru, like Gohan helping her over the fear of her power like he was initially. I also have fun (crack)shipping with a Haruka and Michiru sandwich, lol.

Although Gohan seems to be pacifistic that he doesn’t need someone to keep him grounded. But I’ve seen some good edits with Gohan and Chibiusa so that why I said them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 1 anonymous users