28 replies to this topic

#21 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:15 PM

SMH @ this. Typical biased NH fan writing an article that made no sense or even tryed looking at this pairing problem neutrally. says NS was most accepted as brother and sister i nthe manga at one point by most fans. complete kitten, their relationship NEVER came off as bro/sis or even implied.  she simply didn't get the manga facts right. disgusting

#22 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:19 PM

Found this quote in the discussion section.  Glad to know some people have sense

icon_minipost.gifPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:40 pm icon_quote.gif This article is certainly well written, and Amy McNulty doesn't show any ill intentions toward NS shippers or the like. However, no matter how much I try, I can never fully side with NH reasoning. Maybe because I was an NS shipper, and how the pairing itself was handled in the last chapter and in The Last, but no matter how long I think about it, the less and less NH makes sense to me. There's just too many contradictions to make it work for me, to many convolutions to ultimately make the pairing work in the end.

I'm not trying to be mean-spirited here (though honestly I have plenty of negative emotions with this subject matter, which I'm trying to suppress), but the article's main defense about how Naruhina works doesn't make sense to me. The author of the article is not being mean, or doesn't come across as unknowledgeable about the subject matter, it just doesn't really add up to me. Yes, in real life you wont end up liking the same person as you did as a kid. It is a part of growing up, it is when we mature and discover what we truly like.

Yet I call shenanigans on that because the world of Naruto was never an accurate depiction of the real world. In world where Ninjas have incredible powers to destroy mountains, it couldn't be farther to our own reality. But it doesn't mean we can't find similarities to our own world with it, so the theme of maturing and liking someone else can still be prevalent... except that theme is consist with the other character. As the author pointed out, Sakura still ends up with her childhood crush, she didn't grow out of it and there is even LESS justification for that pairing to get together. Further, Minato and Kushina knew each other since childhood and were teenage sweethearts. FURTHER further more, Jairaya has had a crush on Tsunade since they were young, and he never let go of it. It was never shown in a negative light, so readers were never under the assumption he needed to let go unless thought about it critically, as it can be looked as a problem since he never moved from it. EXCEPT it was implied right before he died that Tsunade was finally going to reciprocate those feelings. FURTHER further further more, the whole thing with the parallels with Obito and Naruto is now frustrating inaccurate, even though the Kishimoto made great strides to point out the connection between the two. Obito did everything because Rin died, because he loved her, which could have been seen as a negative way to show what happens if you keep hold of your childhood crush... EXCEPT he still gets with her in the afterlife!!!

Then there is the whole thing with The Last, which almost feels like Kishi's way of trying to make NH work outside the manga. I haven't seen it so wont make any judgements on the actually quality of the work, but it is just frustrating to me he needed to have movie made after the fact to justify Naruto and Hinata getting together. If it was really important in the first place, then there should have been more panel time with it in the actual manga. Road to Ninja, which also had Kishi's involvement, makes things even more confusing as that was a very Naruto and Sakura focus movie. While not romantic per se, there was still some interesting parallels between NS and Naruto's parents. It also came off as pretty anti-Sasusaku. Yes I know Road to Ninja is "not Canon", it's just weird that Kishi would be involved with something like Road to Ninja and than go on to make The Last.

The last paragraph was me going off on a tangent, though to also point out how the Naruto "romance" doesn't really work, unless not to me. Another major point that Amy points out as the reason why she is glad that NH became canon is the fact that she liked Hinata and is glad she got what she wanted. I see this all the time, and I can't essentially disagree with it. If you like Hinata, then of course you would be more likely to like the outcome of Naruto. Not only that, NH end pairing does give other shy girls/women hope and courage that they too can be get someone to like them through courage.

There's definitely a moral that can be view with NH, however I can't believe it in myself because I want another pairing to win out and the fact that it does contradicts many elements from the manga. Though, to be fair, the manga has many, MANY other contradictions. So in the end, I do disagree with this article, strongly in fact, but that doesn't mean it is wrong. It is just her perspective on a manga she obviously loves, a series that also loved, yet I feel I can never see a single image of it again for how it was handle (and I didn't talk about my issues with Sasusaku and the other issues with the final chapter). I just wish Amy showcase more on the NS side of things, but then again you can't please everyone.

(By the way, Naruto and Hinata have known each other since childhood too, so they still ended up with people they knew since they were young. Also, HINATA NEVER GREW OUT HER CHILDHOOD CRUSH EITHER, JUST LIKE SAKURA. Sure it isn't as bad as Sakura, but still...)

Is there anymore comments like this? could you post them here? i'm just happy people are calling this biased hack writer out.

#23 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:05 PM

-sigh- Another article written by another once again NaruHina fan who is "happy with the ending because NH is canon." I love how the writer says "even though we didn't get a full in depth relationship" or something and this doesn't bother him.

Can I get once article....JUST ONE ARTICLE written by a NS fans that lays down the truth of the story?

If only I worked at a known published site...

#24 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:13 PM

NH does make sense. It makes sense if you independently do all the mental work needed to develop Hinata's character and fill in the huge gaps left in their relationship... But based on what's actually provided in the manga....

#25 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:30 PM

It's not matter of if it makes sense, rather what tally up to its result.

#26 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:43 PM

NH does make sense. It makes sense if you independently do all the mental work needed to develop Hinata's character and fill in the huge gaps left in their relationship... But based on what's actually provided in the manga....

Exactly, it's the same way how Kakashi and Shizune is the best love story that never happened, if only Kakashi's wayward eye never fell on Anko's mesh covered breasts, and Shizune was not so loyal to Tsunade. It would have been a great love story, but if only if they talked things through....lol

NH worked out in the minds of NH fans mind, and let's face it if a studio that has adapted the manga for 15 years, that had access to the writer and his editors to create a love story betwen Naruto and Hinata could not do a convincing job, and have to resort fo emotional blackmail, charactor assasination, and shoehorned in events that made no sense in the actual content of the manga, what does that say about the state of NH at the end of chapter 698?

iAnby7W.gif

#27 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,554 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:28 PM

SMH @ this. Typical biased NH fan writing an article that made no sense or even tryed looking at this pairing problem neutrally. says NS was most accepted as brother and sister in the manga at one point by most fans. complete kitten, their relationship NEVER came off as bro/sis or even implied.  she simply didn't get the manga facts right. disgusting

Is this article written by the same person who did the final volume review, or was that someone else? Because that person couldn't help but bring up the excuse that NS was a "sibling relationship" to justify why their relationship could never happen cause you know incest.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 06 November 2015 - 10:29 PM.

#28 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,554 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:48 PM

You wanna know what Hinata confession was (lke most of her scene's) do you know the guy who reviewed the star wars prequel on red letter media did a podcast where again reviewed the phantom menance for the theater release?

Well do you all remember the scene where aniken is working on the pod then jin give him a gadget he puts on the pod and if fires up and aniken starts going "IT'S WORKING!" "IT'S WORKING"  and the emotional music play while it starting up. While the guy points out how odd it is since this is the first time we saw this pod but were being told by the movie that that the pod running properly was a big emotional success. Then he went on to say clearly lucas wanted to have the scene like in those old kid racing movies where they have to fix a go cart to race down the hill but for half the movie it always breaks down until the last moment right before the big race where the gokart suddenly finally works and the boy races down the entire hill. But since we just saw the pod for the first time that scene we don't get the big emotional moment they were trying for because there was no build up to that scene. Cause the scene to fall flat.

It's the same thing with the hinata love confession by the fans the scene is treat by both the anime and the nH fans like it this big scene that like the entire manga has been building up to that like the nH romance is the actually core story while everything else is filler and we just saw the big pay off of hundred of scenes building up to it. When really it was a red lip alligator moment that only makes sense now because we have learned that the editors were forcing hinata on kishi at the time. But the nH fan and causal eat it up like it was a big scene and have never let go of it, because they are just assuming the build up happened.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 07 November 2015 - 02:10 AM.

#29 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 08 November 2015 - 08:18 PM

I saw this on ANN. Had a NaruHina picture for the thumbnail and everything. Naturally written by a bias fanboy/girl who doesn't care about the series or characters. Just Hinakittens-sama-chan-hime-goddess-san-senpai and her boy toy.

This is all just painful. Even after a full year, it's painful. This ending should have never happened. The sheer destruction of characters because of Hinaturd and Sasuke is just...disgusting. What's even more disgusting is the amount of people who eat this shiz up like a kid with a bag of candy. 

R.I.P Naruto. You were, in the end, the victim. Had his character completely destroyed, had his beliefs, traits and morals contradicted and was the -only- one who didn't get everything he ever wanted nor did he get the girl of his dreams. Even though he was the main character, no one gave a flying frig about his feelings. Just Hinaturds cuz she has big bewbs and she's so kawaiidezu and shy and uguuu~

And then the people who thought Sakura was 'in love' with Sasuke even though Kishimoto said she's like a heroin addict with Sasuke. Unhealthy relationship. Unhealthy af. But it's ok. They don't care. They're too blind to see the flaws. Can't pry those shipping goggles off ya know. That would hurt too much after super gluing them on.

They need articles of unbiased authors who -care- about the story and character and understand that filler episodes are not canon. Also to acknowledge that, oh, you know, The Last didn't involve the original author at all?

Speaking of the last, I saw it on dvd at a store the other day. I nearly lost my lunch.  :sick:

Edited by Moon_Girl, 08 November 2015 - 08:19 PM.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users