Close
Photo

Do the confirm pairings destroy Naruto and Sakura's character?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:35 AM

Yes — but more so with Sakura's character. She was purposely torn down by SP and swept aside like dust to make way for their new "heroine". 

I have a love-but-mostly-hate relationship with SasuSaku. With SS, you cannot deny that Sasuke's violent departure triggered something inside of Sakura. He was part of the reason why she began to better herself; in order to protect both him and Naruto, as well as to make a name for herself. His absence has made her so much stronger. This is why I tolerated SS just a tiny bit more than NH just before the war arc. But I also notice that his presence has made her weaker in turn. Then that chapter 600-whatever came out where he just stuck his hand in her chest & was willing to let her fall to her death, making her look like an absolute fool. My face ached at the amount of cringe it took when I saw what a mess she was becoming...

As for Sasuke, he's still entirely his own independent character. His wife and child has zero effect on him and the decisions he's made thus far. And because of the countless passes and "oh my poor bby he's been through SOO much" excuses he's received by dedicated fans and Kishimoto, his character is completely unscathed and unchanged. Sasuke is so bulletproof that he could suddenly assassinate Naruto and he'd still be loved and praised, I 1000% guarantee you that.

Then there's NaruHina. NH is a Hinata-centric pity ship. Her demure personality and infatuation with him amplifies this feeling of sympathy towards her. She is guarded and protected because of her meek nature; because she cannot stand up for herself. And because she is coddled, she has not improved herself in order to stand beside Naruto, so Naruto instead has to take steps back in order to meet her. 

Hinata doesn't challenge him in anyway or makes any effort to know what he wants, what he likes, his dreams, his goals, likes, dislikes, nothing. It's what she wants. NH does not take into consideration of what Naruto—the main hero of his own manga—wants or feels. He's shown no interest in her up until she was shoved in his face on The Last. Naruto's character went downhill as soon as he made contact with her till then, as Kishi has to actively rework Naruto's character to be compatible with hers, changing him drastically and dulling him down for them to seem relatable.

All of this could have been prevented if someone who knew how to write women took the helm instead, real talk.

#22 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:06 AM

I'd love to see you reviewing that crappy movie (I'm not sure if you already did it, but it would be great)

I sort of did. Want to check?

#23 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:55 AM

bringing Sasuke back in my opinion would have been good for the romantic subplot and that's it and of course reinforcing that Naruto never gives up. Other than that, he's a afterthought.

Pretty sure they could have found another way to show he never gives up that didn't involve sasuke.

#24 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:59 PM

Pretty sure they could have found another way to show he never gives up that didn't involve sasuke.

Yeah, he should have did it solely for Sakura-Chan and her happiness, or what he believed is her happiness and never gave up until he brought him back for her and her "happiness" with him. As for the romance subplot, him being there would be good since it would further show Naruto that she's choosing him over Sasuke even when he's there. Showing him that she truly loves him even while Sasuke is there in the flesh right in front of her. Other than that, he's just a figure of ink to me unlike Naruto and Sakura-Chan.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#25 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:16 PM

Yeah, he should have did it solely for Sakura-Chan and her happiness, or what he believed is her happiness and never gave up until he brought him back for her and her "happiness" with him. As for the romance subplot, him being there would be good since it would further show Naruto that she's choosing him over Sasuke even when he's there. Showing him that she truly loves him even while Sasuke is there in the flesh right in front of her. Other than that, he's just a figure of ink to me unlike Naruto and Sakura-Chan.

I am confused about that first part, before the romance subplot. Can you explain that better please.
I though him doing that was for sakura and happiness but now naruto and I mean real Naruto can see she's not happy.

#26 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:47 PM

I am confused about that first part, before the romance subplot. Can you explain that better please.
I though him doing that was for sakura and happiness but now naruto and I mean real Naruto can see she's not happy.

Remember he claimed that he wasn't doing it only for the promise he made to her anymore, but that he was bringing Sasuke back for himself as well, even though 693 proved that wrong when he told Kakashi he was bringing Sasuke back for her. But anyways, he should have just did it for her and her alone. If it was the real Naruto, I could imagine he would bring him back not only for her happiness but as a way to get into her heart as well.

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

#27 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:46 PM

There's nothing I can really say that hasn't already been said. But yeah. They did. Maybe not Sakura as much but in general, yes.

I feel like Sakura got the least amount of damage to her character. Yes, she reverted to her 12 year old self, but only around Sasuke. Otherwise, she's still a super powerful and responsible woman. However, what does ruin her character is that 12 year old self. She was supposed to grow out of that and she was for a while. Until the ending, obviously. By extension, her 12 year old self doesn't care that Sasuke is never home, doesn't care that the only sign of physical affection he had ever given to Sakura was a forehead poke (You could argue the sex to make Salad but sex without actual love is a very common thing.), doesn't care that she is in debt and super stressed out being a single mother, doesn't care that Sasuke doesn't even contact them or makes any attempts to visit his only child. Ect ect. 
That's what her blind, 12 year old crush has done to her.

Naruto...what else can be said? Our lovely ball of sunshine has been destroyed by Hinaturd. Or more like, he had to be destroyed so he could end up with her. He had to give up the woman of his dreams (Sakura), they had to rewrite his history and entire core of character (Always alone as a child; SP be like "NUH HINATATATA WAS ALWAYZ THER!1!!" and the fact that he understood emotions and love more than any other character; SP be like, "LOVE AND RAMEN ARE THE SAME RITE?!?!?!?!?!" and "EVEN THOUGH I GREW UP WITHOUT THE LOVE OF PARENTS OBVIOUSLY I SHOULD GIVE MY KIDS THE SAME FATE". Many would say that Hinaturd is there, but does she really care? The movie suggests no. Considering she bailed on her 12 year old children for her boy toy and even asked Burrito to take care of her boy toy instead of telling him to be safe. Not to mention she's a crap parent. Sorry, the Burrito animation is filler. Not canon. That's them trying to cover the fact that instead of scolding her children and disciplining them, she just cries like the waste of ink she is.)

Gall...the people who deny these facts are so deep in denial... :facepalm: I can't even talk about the ending without getting super p.o'd. The pro-enders can call us salty and jealous all they want and no matter how much they deny the truth, it doesn't stop the truth from existing.

A perfect representation from one of my favorite comic artists:

f0671c2e-confidence.jpeg

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#28 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:19 PM

This manga had gotten so bad to the point where the pairings were the only reason I was reading. Pretty much the entirety of the timeskip destroyed Naruto's character. His single minded obsession with Sasuke eviscerated ALL of the qualities that made him such a likable and relatable protagonist in the first place. Sakura's character had shown great strides, but after her fake confession, he character took a complete nosedive as we once again saw the version of Sakura who was single minded and obsessed with Sasuke. Honestly, the pairings were not what destroyed Naruto and Sakura's character. The writers strange fixation with Sasuke did that. The pairings was merely the antidote to the disease that had been infecting both characters for the final third of the manga. An antidote which, although wouldn't have cured the garbage storytelling which made up the entire 4th shinobi war story arc, would have at least given the hero and heroine the much needed catharsis that one would expect them to have.

That actually is a good point. I've said this before, the story is what ruined the series for me not the pairings per say. Hear all the idiocy out of the rear during the  the fourth great Shinobi war. "Uchiha's love too much" Naruto is a reincarnation of one of the Sages of Six path's sons, the Ten Tails is is a trees that wants to take back all chakra distributed to people, The SoSP's mother is the Originator of Chakra that gave it to the people, Blablablablabla, etc. The story was SO inconsistent by that point I really wonder what the hell I was reading, and literally I was just waiting to see if NS would become canon because I wasn't even enjoying the story anymore. The BS that we got in Chapter 699 & 700, including the random last minute pair offs was the last nail in the coffin for sure :superior:

Edited by Phantom_999, 08 June 2017 - 11:35 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#29 Yojeveka

Yojeveka

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, Pokémon, Nuzlockes, Voice Acting

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:41 PM

I sort of did. Want to check?

Sure thing!

2r2sxtg.gif

*Needs an English Talker*

#30 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:30 PM

Remember he claimed that he wasn't doing it only for the promise he made to her anymore, but that he was bringing Sasuke back for himself as well, even though 693 proved that wrong when he told Kakashi he was bringing Sasuke back for her. But anyways, he should have just did it for her and her alone. If it was the real Naruto, I could imagine he would bring him back not only for her happiness but as a way to get into her heart as well.

Ok that makes more sense. Ya it would be better if Naruto was doing it just for sakura.

#31 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:33 PM

Sure thing!

Here you go! :)

http://sparda3g.tumb...pter-2-the-last

#32 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:28 AM

I honestly feel sorry for Naruto the most. Not just because he's my favorite character in Naruto, but because of what he went through as a child and still ended up going through again as an adult.

1. He watched the woman he has been in love with since diaper days get swept up off her feet right in front of him, even after he worked his ass off to prove himself to her. Then he did something we didn't think he would do. He gave up on her. I always imagined he would step aside for her happiness, while meanwhile always trying  to find a way to win her over until he did.

2. After working his ass off to become the Hokage, his big moment was resorted into "comedic relief." Got knocked out by his own "daughter" and both Kakashi and Konohamaru became the Hokage before him.

3. He fought to get out of loneliness as a child, just to go back into loneliness as an adult.

4. He has to live a life with a woman he doesn't love and ultimately most likely kids he doesn't want, but has to put up with because they are his children.

5. He has to walk around the village, running into Sakura-Chan and knowing that she isn't his wife and mother of his kids.

6. He was reduced to a alcoholic and liar. Not to mention a quitter and a hypocrite, constantly lying to himself.

7. He didn't achieve a single dream he had. He failed at every single one at the expense of Hinata and Sasuke.

I can go on and on, and on and on. *takes deep breath* and on and on and on. But I don't want to sit here for the next 90 centuries.

Edited by Illnevergiveup3, 09 June 2017 - 03:32 AM.

#33 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:50 PM

I honestly feel sorry for Naruto the most. Not just because of he's my favorite character in Naruto, but because of what he went through as a child and still ended up going through it again as an adult.

1. He watched the woman he has been in love with since diaper days get swept up off her feet right in front of him, even after he worked his ass off to prove himself to       her. Then he did something we didn't think he would do. He gave up on her. I always imagined he would step aside for her happiness, while meanwhile always trying   to find a way to win her over until he did.

2. After working his ass off to become the Hokage, his big moment was resorted to "comedic relief." Got knocked out by his own "daughter" and both Kakashi and Konohamaru became the Hokage before him.

3. He fought to get out of loneliness as  child, just to go back into loneliness as an adult.

4. He has to live a life with a woman he doesn't love and ultimately most likely kids he doesn't want, but has to put up with because they are his children.

5. He has to walk around the village, running into Sakura-Chan and knowing that she isn't his wife and mother of his kids.

6. He was reduced to a alcoholic and liar. Not to mention a quitter and a hypocrite, constantly lying to himself.

7. He didn't achieve a single dream he had. He failed at every single one for the expense of Hinata.

I can go on and on, and on and on. *takes deep breath* and on and on and on. But I don't want to sit here for the next 90 centuries.

Well say cause it's all true, I feel bad for Naruto and Sakura. So naruto accomplished nothing in the series what a shock. I like the one with him walking through the village seeing Sakura and getting sad there not together whIle they waste there lives in unhappiness.

#34 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 09 June 2017 - 01:25 AM

I honestly feel sorry for Naruto the most. Not just because of he's my favorite character in Naruto, but because of what he went through as a child and still ended up going through it again as an adult.

1. He watched the woman he has been in love with since diaper days get swept up off her feet right in front of him, even after he worked his ass off to prove himself to       her. Then he did something we didn't think he would do. He gave up on her. I always imagined he would step aside for her happiness, while meanwhile always trying   to find a way to win her over until he did.

2. After working his ass off to become the Hokage, his big moment was resorted to "comedic relief." Got knocked out by his own "daughter" and both Kakashi and Konohamaru became the Hokage before him.

3. He fought to get out of loneliness as  child, just to go back into loneliness as an adult.

7. He didn't achieve a single dream he had. He failed at every single one at the expense of Hinata and Sasuke.

You're not the only one. It makes me angry, just plain angry, that Naruto has to go through that because his whole entire personality and development has to be "assassinated" by the crazy Hinata waifu fans to make their pairing "canon" from a damn movie. As a true Naruto fan, its very heart-breaking to see it and Masashi and the studio just ignoring it. If I was an author (or if I was Masashi with a damn brain and backbone), I will go on an interview and said, "The Last is not canon" and talks about how I felt about the movie. Hell, I would've slap the writer of the movie with the volumes (didn't I heard that the person who wrote the screenplay didn't do research first by checking the source materials? Because I remember the first warning sign was Naruto performed a Shadow Clone when he was in the Academy).

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#35 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 01:33 AM

You're not the only one. It makes me angry, just plain angry, that Naruto has to go through that because his whole entire personality and development has to be "assassinated" by the crazy Hinata waifu fans to make their pairing "canon" from a damn movie. As a true Naruto fan, its very heart-breaking to see it and Masashi and the studio just ignoring it. If I was an author (or if I was Masashi with a damn brain and backbone), I will go on an interview and said, "The Last is not canon" and talks about how I felt about the movie. Hell, I would've slap the writer of the movie with the volumes (didn't I heard that the person who wrote the screenplay didn't do research first by checking the source materials? Because I remember the first warning sign was Naruto performed a Shadow Clone when he was in the Academy).

That makes sense that the jerkass who wrote the last didn't know the source material or continuity, given the opening with Naruto knowing shadow clone at the Academy.
Agree on everything you said.
I'd like to smack kishi up side his head with the volumes of naruto endlessly til he grows a brain and balls to admit he kittened up.

#36 elishalicious

elishalicious

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:55 AM

*Reads topic*

Girl...don't get me started....

15zqerk.gif

#37 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 07:07 AM

Most of the canon pairings are nonsense.

Shikamura and Temari are the only pairing that made some sense.

The rest? Forget about it.

#38 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:33 PM

The creator of the series being too stupid is what killed the series and the ships he originally intended  This is the guy that admitted that he thought drawing sakura better would make her popular and he dosen't understand of how  basic human emotion work or know any writing basic skills..

He is NOT cut out to be manga author.  

I also think thats why naruto remained stupid because his creator is just as stupid and weak minded.    

Edited by rikakim94, 09 June 2017 - 03:34 PM.

#39 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:51 PM

Naruto--No.

Sakura--Yes.

Naruto: As cringe worthy as the Last was about his feelings for Sakura, Naruto's character was already a mess by then. His worst moment as a character was gloss over Obito's numerous crimes. As much as I hate the Gedo Mazo, at least Naruto struggle with letting Pain live. It took the matter seriously (even though it bailed him out). However, after that Naruto became a person who saved and redemeed people and that's just what he did. He held no on accountable and was willing to glass over some pretty awful stuff rather than have to grapple with any of the counter arguments. It's was one-sided and became a stale, direction-less, self-parody. He could have been with Sakura or Hinata and this elephant would have still been standing in the room. I also have no faith that had they stuck with NS, the current writer;s would have just written the same story line with workaholic Naruto. There is nothing about Hinata or being paired with Hinata that is dependent on any of his behavior. I have no reason to think that the writer's would have done anything different had it been NS and even if they had, it's the reduction of Naruto's ethos to parody that ruined his character long before he got paired with anyone.

Sakura: In Sakura's case, yes it did. This is even true is you overlook the numerous attempts on her life and the fact that she was the one who saved Karin after Sasuke left her for did. I could ignore all that an SS would still have completely ruined her character. To make SS happen the had Sakura subordinate herself to him and repeated, straight, her weakest moment in the manga. Her ineffectiveness in stopping Sasuke (and Naruto nearly getting killed in furtherance of it) were what resolved her to change. When the scene repeats itself in 693, she's reduced to the same feeble, ineffective girl she was in 181. What was the point of her character journey, if this was going to happen? Usually, when you parallel a scene like that, the character overcomes their initial weakness and is able to now stand when they previously fell. But Sakura? Nope. After the Pain arc, she, like Naruto, seemed to lose her role and got sidelined. This was an issue, but nothing compared to rendering her character journey pointless. She wanted to stand with them, but whilted in the face of Sasuke. Again. The quick thinking medic-nin who had saved a dying Naruto was replaced with the same ineffective girl from 191. If Naruto had not been so willing to gloss over Obito's murderous past and decision to start a world war, 693 would be the worst chapter in the series.

#40 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:06 PM

Naruto--No.

Sakura--Yes.

Naruto: As cringe worthy as the Last was about his feelings for Sakura, Naruto's character was already a mess by then. His worst moment as a character was gloss over Obito's numerous crimes. As much as I hate the Gedo Mazo, at least Naruto struggle with letting Pain live. It took the matter seriously (even though it bailed him out). However, after that Naruto became a person who saved and redemeed people and that's just what he did. He held no on accountable and was willing to glass over some pretty awful stuff rather than have to grapple with any of the counter arguments. It's was one-sided and became a stale, direction-less, self-parody. He could have been with Sakura or Hinata and this elephant would have still been standing in the room. I also have no faith that had they stuck with NS, the current writer;s would have just written the same story line with workaholic Naruto. There is nothing about Hinata or being paired with Hinata that is dependent on any of his behavior. I have no reason to think that the writer's would have done anything different had it been NS and even if they had, it's the reduction of Naruto's ethos to parody that ruined his character long before he got paired with anyone.

I think Naruto's worst moment is actually that pre-war arc bit where he talks about wanting to die with Sasuke. That was awful and by far a complete rejection of everything the character had ever stood for.  Even worse was how Sakura and even Kakashi (though to a lesser extent, since he at least voiced an objection, albeit brief/unnoteworthy) just stood there in awe about how great Naruto was for saying this bull-sh-t. It was at that moment that I had a lingering suspicion that we were on the path to vastly dissatisfying ending.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users