• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 02:00 PM

Hello guys. I've been working on something that MIGHT be coming out this year? It's a Naruto rewrite, but technically not. In fact, it can be considered a work of it's own despite using some characters and concepts from the series of Naruto.

This real story starts when the main character is about 19 years old and he moves back to his home town to attend the well-known university there while also passively searching for his parent's identities. (though he was raised by his god-father who he considered his grandpa and lovingly calls gramps)

That's all I want to say as I don't want to spoil anything, but below I'll start posting bits and pieces of information. This is going to be a webcomic and it'll have its own reading site and everything. So, I'll update peoples when that happens too. I'm not sold on what I'll name this yet, hence I'll just call it "Project: Rewrite" here. If you have any questions, let me know~

Locations:

Coming soon~

Characters:

Hinoyama Natsuo

Attached File  natsuo3.png   44.67KB   1 downloads

Hanazono Sakine

Attached File  sakineconcept1s.png   48.16KB   2 downloads

More coming soon~

5 Great Demons:

Akane

Attached File  akane.png   92.73KB   1 downloads

Lesser Demons:

Coming soon~

Posted Image

Sig made by me though. XD

Check out my father and son Minato and Naruto group on FF.net
http://www.fanfictio..._No_Yaoi/74936/

#2 Advaith

Advaith

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 02:22 PM

Great. :excited:

I'm so thankful that we have people like u kirabook with us.

Characters looks great 

Ur story will be a success and well known.

I wish u all the best kirabook.

#3 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 20 February 2016 - 03:54 PM

Hmm that sounds really interesting can't wait to read it. 

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#4 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 21 February 2016 - 12:20 AM

I'm really interested! Keep it up! I can't wait to see it!

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#5 Anthony

Anthony

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 04:14 AM

ara, ara (hit me up if you need any help)

#6 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 04:43 AM

Seems interesting! Keep us informed about it, please

Edited by Nar123, 21 February 2016 - 04:43 AM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#7 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,078 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 21 February 2016 - 09:27 AM

Awesome. I knew someone out there would do a comic Naruto rewrite. Glad I'm not the only NS author out their there that is doing something like a Naruto rewrite. I wish you good luck, Kira.

Edited by Konoha'sCrimsonFox, 24 February 2016 - 12:04 PM.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#8 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 08:39 PM

Oooo definitely going to read this

#9 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 03:48 AM

More preliminary character designs that might change over time. (Sorry, I'm too lazy to resize these to a reasonable post size) Some characters have names, but I won't say what they are till it's their time in the story. Any character names I give away is purely because they're introduced in the first few chapters.

Again, although there's a lot of Naruto themes and obvious character influences.. some characters are gonna look a lot different. But I'm sure you can guess who is who without me telling you.

???

_secret_title______by_kirabook-d9sru9r.p

Akamatsu Kei

__secret_title___akamatsu_kei_by_kiraboo

Fujiwara Isami (renamed)

_secret_title___fujiawara_isami__renamed

???

__secret_title_______by_kirabook-d9swbr4

Edited by kirabook, 20 March 2016 - 02:42 AM.

Posted Image

#10 Advaith

Advaith

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 06:56 AM

Looks great kira.

Go forward u have my full support.

#11 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,078 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:47 AM

Yeah. Kira does have a chance to become successful as One did with his One-punch webcomic that became so popular that it got an anime and manga adaption. 

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#12 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:56 PM

tumblr_o3c90jWXGZ1ux31rxo1_1280.png

When you read comics (manga), professional or not, what quality are you looking for? Take the image above for example, would you read an entire series that looks like that? (a little more cleaned up of course with proper text and boxes) Or the image below:

tumblr_inline_o3c8z3htHC1tmk8op_540.png

Are these images of reasonable quality (again, with properly drawn boxes and text)? Or do you prefer reading more cleaned up crisp series? I do want to reach a lot of people, but I also want to be able to finish this series in a reasonable amount of time (less than 10 years). Overexerting myself and trying to accomplish a style that I am incapable of or unnatural to me will slow down this project.

Discuss please!

Posted Image

#13 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 02:45 AM

You know, I really love the sketchy look. Cleaned up, of course, is nice. But I like the feeling that it is really a creation of a single author, rather than a comic that is written and edited, cleaned up, inked and colored, and passed through many hands before a reader ever sees it. 

The sketchy, more informal look doesn't take away from the manga, to me. Instead it adds movement to the story and characters, and lets me see a little into what the artist was thinking when they were sketching. 

And yeah...it lets the artist move through the story quicker when they don't have to stop and meticulously clean every single panel! So that's a great plus! And it will definitely make your work stand on its own. No comparisons that you are trying to duplicate Naruto's style, or any other manga/comic. It will look like your own work. Go sketchy - I love it!

#14 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 01:14 PM

tumblr_o3c90jWXGZ1ux31rxo1_1280.png

When you read comics (manga), professional or not, what quality are you looking for? Take the image above for example, would you read an entire series that looks like that? (a little more cleaned up of course with proper text and boxes) Or the image below:

tumblr_inline_o3c8z3htHC1tmk8op_540.png

Are these images of reasonable quality (again, with properly drawn boxes and text)? Or do you prefer reading more cleaned up crisp series? I do want to reach a lot of people, but I also want to be able to finish this series in a reasonable amount of time (less than 10 years). Overexerting myself and trying to accomplish a style that I am incapable of or unnatural to me will slow down this project.

Discuss please!

For quality, the plot and story is top priority over art (comics) and writing styles (books/novels) for no matter if its professional or not.

I think most important is write/draw in your comfort zone and don't get too stress out about your work not being top notch professional and focus more on the plot, characters and your universe. You have higher chances of reaching a vast audience  and even have professional comic artist stumble upon your work, begging for your work. Here's a prime example according to my previous post.

One-Punch Man Webcomic by One (Original)

Redrawn by Murata (Manga)

I think you will do just great. But I do highly recommend just for a precaution to be prepare for a possible flames a backlash from Naruto pro-enders no matter if it happens or not. I hope you don't cave in because of that. 

#15 Advaith

Advaith

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 01:23 PM

I love the sketches.Great work

I say what tricksie and konoha said. :yes:

You know, I really love the sketchy look. Cleaned up, of course, is nice. But I like the feeling that it is really a creation of a single author, rather than a comic that is written and edited, cleaned up, inked and colored, and passed through many hands before a reader ever sees it. 

The sketchy, more informal look doesn't take away from the manga, to me. Instead it adds movement to the story and characters, and lets me see a little into what the artist was thinking when they were sketching. 

And yeah...it lets the artist move through the story quicker when they don't have to stop and meticulously clean every single panel! So that's a great plus! And it will definitely make your work stand on its own. No comparisons that you are trying to duplicate Naruto's style, or any other manga/comic. It will look like your own work. Go sketchy - I love it!

this

For quality, the plot and story is top priority over art (comics) and writing styles (books/novels) for no matter if its professional or not.

I think most important is write/draw in your comfort zone and don't get too stress out about your work not being top notch professional and focus more on the plot, characters and your universe. You have higher chances of reaching a vast audience  and even have professional comic artist stumble upon your work, begging for your work. Here's a prime example according to my previous post.

One-Punch Man Webcomic by One (Original)

Redrawn by Murata (Manga)

I think you will do just great. But I do highly recommend just for a precaution to be prepare for a possible flames a backlash from Naruto pro-enders no matter if it happens or not. I hope you don't cave in because of that. 

and this

Edited by Advaith, 03 March 2016 - 03:42 PM.

#16 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 02:46 AM

Some new concept art, and a few I got commissioned to help me with visualization

__secret_title___natsuo_the_country_boy_

__secret_title___isami_and_sakine_by_kir

tumblr_o4b8mf6e8m1v6nthwo1_1280.jpg

comm__kirabook_by_kaleta-d9v3fqq.png

http://kirabook.devi...abook-596424050

On another note, this is the style I'm aiming for when the comic releases. (not just rough drafts like I showed before, but what I actually do want them to look like) So I ask one more time, just to make sureeeee, would you read an entire web series in this style?

egrsf_by_kirabook-d9vuqze.pngergfw_by_kirabook-d9vuqzm.png

Posted Image

#17 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 12:47 PM

If its in your comfort zone and won't delay you from publishing your chapters.

#18 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 02:03 AM

tumblr_o63yc2HBYP1v6nthwo1_1280.png

tumblr_o625564Ul51v6nthwo1_1280.png

tumblr_o56oygn8Ob1v6nthwo1_1280.png

tumblr_o4vlvpxFjQ1v6nthwo1_1280.png

tumblr_o4q638b1ct1v6nthwo1_1280.png

tumblr_o4iq6kxL5X1rrhon6o1_r2_1280.png

tumblr_o4d0qiv9Tj1v6nthwo1_1280.png

Posted Image

#19 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:20 AM

Are teaming up with kaleia?

#20 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:53 PM

I have small updates for this, mostly cause everything is under wraps.

- The plot is coming along very nicely. More and more this is moving away from its origins in Naruto. I can now say it's more of a compilation of all my favorite things.

- I've decided on the programs I'll be using to develop and show off this project. It's nowhere near ready to show off yet.

Here is a peek at what I'm aiming for in terms of... uh... style? design? Format? XD Whichever word is appropriate

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rewrite, rework, redo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users