Close
Photo

What will you do after NaruSaku becomes canon?

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#41 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:36 AM

If it does end, maybe after the fallout could we get sanity back into the fanbase? Or is it way to far gone now?

I mean this stuff drives people to do some insane stuff, I mean the t-shirt contest, been looking at some and I just want to barf when I see page after page just being NaruHina. One description was "how could you not love this pairing" I was so tempted to just write, "Easy because its so overrated and blown out of proportion that most fans treat it like a religion and when you are not part of that religion or you speak against it, you get labeled as a heretic. Most of these fans think that you cannot be a fan of Naruto unless you like this pairing."

There are bad NS members out there, but I never see it as active as NH ones. This fan war has gone on too far. After looking at the t-shirt designs, seeing stuff like this, I seriously want to barf because all I know is, no matter what happens in Naruto now, it will go down in history for having a simple minor character who's simple purpose and design became something so outrageous and blown out of proportion, its literally one of the stupidest things ever. I cannot name any other anime with a minor character with a simple purpose who got such an outrageous amount of reception. Seriously, I still stand by my statement, perriot could make a picture of hinata taking a crap or picking her nose and fans would still buy it more than anything with any picture of Sakura on alone or in a group. The fanbase stuff has gotten too far out of control, I kinda feel its a poetic justice if NS becomes canon and the meltdown of 1000 cries fills the internet with sadness, anger, and confusion. I would not even reply, it would not be worth any words to waste to see their meltdown. This is one reason I sadly want NS to become canon, not to brag but for their realization that something they want could case damage to the story. I want NS in effort mainly because that is what the story built up with. I don't want to see the story get butchered like any fan, but those asking for NH or SS are asking for a butchering of the story.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#42 Sojobo

Sojobo

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

In the beginning I was like "man, will laugh about those XXshippers who were arrogant and self confident about them, like confirming a wedding in the end of the manga because of holding hands part", but now I'm like "I don't care about them, they will probably realize themselves that they didn't understood a kitten about the manga story and Naruto's feelings.

I will be releaved after NS will be cannon, for sure.

Edited by Sojobo, 06 May 2013 - 11:41 AM.

#43 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

Put on a NS football uniform and run around headbutting footballs.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 06 May 2013 - 01:29 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#44 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:33 PM

Probably gonna drink some champagne and try to keep calm.

#45 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

I could imagine a scenario with an internet meltdown big enough to be labeled "The Great NaruSaku sh*tstorm of *Whatever Year an Official Couple is Finally Picked*".

It will be glorious. Assuming we win, that is.

#46 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ May 6 2013, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I could imagine a scenario with an internet meltdown big enough to be labeled "The Great NaruSaku sh*tstorm of *Whatever Year an Official Couple is Finally Picked*".

It will be glorious. Assuming we win, that is.

^ Somethings telling me that this will be a world wide internet tread. Oh the horror shamefulcry0js.gif

This site, naruto forums, NS tumbler will most likely crash for 2 days if its really intense it might last up to 2 weeks. unsure.gif

#47 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE (rikakim94 @ May 6 2013, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^ Somethings telling me that this will be a world wide internet tread. Oh the horror shamefulcry0js.gif

This site, naruto forums, NS tumbler will most likely crash for 2 days if its really intense it might last up to 2 weeks. unsure.gif

I would say the admins should lock down the site from the nerdrage storm the insane fans would do in anger and revenge to see that their pairing did not happen.

#48 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:51 AM

If it does end, maybe after the fallout could we get sanity back into the fanbase? Or is it way to far gone now?

No, we can not. And yes, it is.

In all seriousness, though, I'm afraid sanity and the fanbase parted ways long ago, and it will be even longer until they meet again. In other words, the fallout will last long. Personally I think it'll only dwindle down when the very fanbase begins moving on. Nowadays, if you say that you ship Character A and Character B of a seventies show and it is totally canon, nobody gives a damn, even if they ship other pairing or your shipped pairing is actually non-canon.

Now, if you ship comes from an eighties or nineties show... most fans are apathetic, but you still find vocal haters and bashers.

So... I reckon that Naruto fanbase will be relatively calm and respectful twenty years from now.

Regardless, what I'll do will be get glad and happy and I'll move on to another series. I could not care less about other boards and their reactions.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#49 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

I feel like I seen this thread before, like back when I first joined... oh well

Uh, I don't know what I'd do... probably go get popcorn and read every negative comment from our rivals in the pairing department. It's disturbing I know, but I enjoy reading about other peoples misguided misfortunes over little things like sports and manga's

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#50 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

If NaruSaku becomes canon, I would have to use this video to many haters if I felt it was needed:

This message would resonate with those who doubted NaruSaku,

#51 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE (rikakim94 @ May 6 2013, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think you're seriously overestimating how many people care about pairings in Naruto.

i expect a huge flow of traffic to H&E forums though

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#52 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:20 PM

fandoms are never really overestimated. trust me fu.png

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#53 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ May 8 2013, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fandoms are never really overestimated. trust me fu.png

you act as if the majority of naruto fans were also pairing fans, in my experience most of them dont care

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#54 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (Branden @ May 7 2013, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i think you're seriously overestimating how many people care about pairings in Naruto.

i expect a huge flow of traffic to H&E forums though

I expect a lot of NS fans joining and mostly of the NH/SS pretending that never read Naruto.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#55 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Interests:Honestly, western sakura haters are pathetic (if your wondering why I say western, its because thats where all the sakura haters are) they hate sakura for the stupidest reasons, makes me wonder if they even read the manga for anything besides illogically hating on her, and even more so if they even read the same manga. Seriously they really are blind if they think sakura isn't the most popular female character in naruto and has a huge fanbase in japan, kishimoto-sensie's main fanbase. Honsetly, they aren't true naruto fans because they're practically bashing the main heroine of the series who has had AMAZING and deep emotional development, both romace-wise , character-wise and-power wise, and the love interest, Haruno sakura, of the main hero, Uzumaki Naruto. That alone is an insult to kishimoto-sensie's work. Not to mention they rub off the japanese culture, which is important to know if you wanna 100% understand the details of the manga.

My hobbies are drawing, and reading awesome facts about anything I love! Oh and how could I forget, I love playing on my PS3, my favourite online game is Team Fortress 2, favourite character to play with is the scout! (Although I love all of 'em).
    Bless the PS2 era...and all those awesome games... (applause to you if you were part of that gaming age, jack and daxter, sly, spyro, crash etc.)

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:49 PM

When it becomes cannon im gonna rub it in my big sisters face since she thinks hinata belongs to naruto, shes not a nh fan but thats what she thinks, although she knows its gonna be ns, and im just gonna rub it in her face, talk about it withy brother, kick some hinata-fan ass on the internet, and enjoy the major break down in the hinata fandom. happy.gif

13080302030649702.gif~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ナル~サク 4/3 The day he fell in love with her ♥ 豪傑 そて 婦 hero, great man and heroine, brave woman°°°★Official Top Ten overall NARUTO characters: 1. Kakashi 2.Naruto 3.Sasuke 4.Iruka 5.Shikamaru 6.Gaara 7.Sakura 8.Neji 9.Itachi 10.Lee★°°° <p>Best ofナル~サク

#56 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (Branden @ May 9 2013, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you act as if the majority of naruto fans were also pairing fans, in my experience most of them dont care

The majority may not be pairing fans, but the pairing fans seem to make the bigger racket.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 10 May 2013 - 05:54 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#57 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

I'll turn heel for one day and well, I don't need to explain any further. ninja.gif

#58 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

I think I found the perfect metaphoric video for if NS became canon.

Nelson is the insane NH fanbase laughing and insulting all others.
The tall man represents NS as its the most developed.
Kishimoto represents the small car.
The guy coming out of the car is the moment NS becomes canon and the NH fanbase realizes its in trouble
The NS fanbase looks for the NH fanbase and its represented when the tall man (NS) takes Nelson (NH) out of the manhole.
NH was trying to hide from the fear of a bigger truth, NS then gives them an honest talk about the stuff and how Kishimoto (the car) does what it must and got the story to where it should be, and then the NS fanbase wants to sees how the NH fanbase would like it if their fanbase was ultimately insulted.

The poetic justice in this is after the events of 615 and if NS became canon NH must face the biggest embarrassment of their ship sinking. All the other people laughing are the other fanbases of anything or any other pairing laughing at NH because of everything they have done.

I don't know why but this makes sense when you think about it.

Edited by Inferno180, 12 May 2013 - 01:40 AM.

#59 Ex-psych75

Ex-psych75

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

I cannot find a better metaphor than this, this is great Inferno biggrin.gif

tumblr_inline_miqm96XVxj1qz4rgp.gif

#60 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

Lol, perfect Inferno. laugh.gif Really sums up the fandom when NaruSaku becomes canon.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users