#101 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:46 PM

You know...

Boruto Volume 2 is out now. If it's placed in top 2, that's something. Actually, in case you missed it, they released the annual sales of manga sales, series and individuals. Boruto only sold around 430,000, which is technically good but over 50% drop from the predecessor. We'll see how the second one sells.

#102 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 03 December 2016 - 08:01 PM

Y

You know...
Boruto Volume 2 is out now. If it's placed in top 2, that's something. Actually, in case you missed it, they released the annual sales of manga sales, series and individuals. Boruto only sold around 430,000, which is technically good but over 50% drop from the predecessor. We'll see how the second one sells.

Yeah but that's the overal monthly sale. The second to the last Naruto volume sold just over a million in its first week alone. That is a gargantuan decrease in sales.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#103 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:18 PM

So hanami is more likable than himawari and young hanami is so cute.

Yeah, she's cuter. I saw her XD

#104 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:52 PM

Y
Yeah but that's the overal monthly sale. The second to the last Naruto volume sold just over a million in its first week alone. That is a gargantuan decrease in sales.

Actually, the number I gave you is a yearly sale. Volume 1 was out since August, so it had 4 months to sell more than it was last listed in its first week. The best you can compare is Gaiden itself and the drop from that is over 50%.

#105 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:39 PM

Actually, the number I gave you is a yearly sale. Volume 1 was out since August, so it had 4 months to sell more than it was last listed in its first week. The best you can compare is Gaiden itself and the drop from that is over 50%.

So it's not doing well.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#106 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,248 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:14 PM

So it's not doing well.

Looks like it and the cash cow naruto is has been drying up for the past two years. Soon it will be gone.

#107 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:15 PM

So it takes a boruto manga about 17 weeks to make half of what Naruto made in it's first week even when it was long past its prime.

So it's not doing well.

Pretty much. I seriously wish someone would just leaked the information of who is keep this franchise going.

#108 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:34 PM

So it's not doing well.

Music to my ears :kukuku:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#109 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,248 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 04 December 2016 - 12:04 AM

Music to my ears :kukuku:

So really there is no saving this series right, gosh I wander why the manga is failing.

#110 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:12 AM

So really there is no saving this series right, gosh I wander why the manga is failing.

They could save the franchise but not with their current course.

#111 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:18 AM

A yearly sale? That's even more worse than I thought. I think even the mid-pro manga can gross more that.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#112 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:36 AM

I'm not good at marketing stuff but the bottom line is ... without the contract the anime is dead?? and they basically still airing the anime because of contract even though the sales is bad??

Is that what you guys saying?

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#113 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 04:46 AM

I assume that to be the case. I don't see any other reason the anime would be airing. Profits don't seem to remotely breaking even. At least in Japan. But again, anime in Japan  does not make profit from viewership

Edited by Phantom_999, 05 December 2016 - 07:55 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#114 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,248 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 12:41 PM

They could save the franchise but not with their current course.

Really how could they save this series that has been buttkittened beyond repair. Here's the real question do you think they care enough to save it or Can they save it. If this series could be saved they would done so after the failure of the last and gaiden. Also does anyone even care about the next generation of naruto with their kids cause they their just rip offs of their parents only with slightly different designs and gender swapping. Is anyone really caring about bolt and his daddy issues and his worthless little sister and his supposed forced girlfriend. I mean if this were shinachiku this would be good cause the daddy issues would be their and we'd see him find his own path that's not like his father's and the sarada/shinachiku relationship would have been better.
To quote linkara from his battle for bulhaven "nobody cares about bolt, nobody cares about himawari, nobody cares about sarada, nobody cares about the next-generation of naruto, nobody cares about naruto, sasuke or hinata, you have 15years to make hinata have a point kishi, but you blew it" I add more to that but this along the same lines.

#115 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 05:49 AM

To be confirmed: Boruto volume 2 is selling less than the first. It's currently losing to Haikyuu (expected) and World Trigger (surprising). World Trigger is not a huge seller (nothing against it), so losing to it is a bad sign for Boruto. Wednesday and perhaps next week should be interesting.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 05 December 2016 - 05:51 AM.

#116 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 06:17 AM

To be confirmed: Boruto volume 2 is selling less than the first. It's currently losing to Haikyuu (expected) and World Trigger (surprising). World Trigger is not a huge seller (nothing against it), so losing to it is a bad sign for Boruto. Wednesday and perhaps next week should be interesting.

Who didn't see that one coming? Oh wait, they didn't. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I did say it's going to fail, but did they listen?

tumblr_lz416gdtev1qiv5yk.jpg

Edited by Nostradamus, 05 December 2016 - 06:28 AM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#117 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:12 AM

Really how could they save this series that has been buttkittened beyond repair. Here's the real question do you think they care enough to save it or Can they save it. If this series could be saved they would done so after the failure of the last and gaiden. Also does anyone even care about the next generation of naruto with their kids cause they their just rip offs of their parents only with slightly different designs and gender swapping. Is anyone really caring about bolt and his daddy issues and his worthless little sister and his supposed forced girlfriend. I mean if this were shinachiku this would be good cause the daddy issues would be their and we'd see him find his own path that's not like his father's and the sarada/shinachiku relationship would have been better.
To quote linkara from his battle for bulhaven "nobody cares about bolt, nobody cares about himawari, nobody cares about sarada, nobody cares about the next-generation of naruto, nobody cares about naruto, sasuke or hinata, you have 15years to make hinata have a point kishi, but you blew it" I add more to that but this along the same lines.

Their is always away to save a franchise. I've seen several franchise once they had someone else take the wheel that knew what they were doing turn it around. the main problem is whoever is keeping this trainwreak going forward is determined not to turn back or think of anyway to actually save the franchise. 

That's to be expected. One) it was the first volume and those always sell like hotcakes. Two) lets face it, some people may have been hoping after they set up boruto they would just skip most of the movie and go onto original stories instead of rehashing the movie frame for frame. Three) people are getting tired of nothing new happening since the first chapter and nothing but rehashing going on. You know if this was any-other series it would probably be canceled by now cause everyone could see the writing on the wall. But its Naruto so they are just going to keep going till they hit rock bottom.

#118 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:18 AM

Well I'm just used to first volume being slow but second is the rise.

#119 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,248 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:56 AM

Their is always away to save a franchise. I've seen several franchise once they had someone else take the wheel that knew what they were doing turn it around. the main problem is whoever is keeping this trainwreak going forward is determined not to turn back or think of anyway to actually save the franchise. 

That's to be expected. One) it was the first volume and those always sell like hotcakes. Two) lets face it, some people may have been hoping after they set up boruto they would just skip most of the movie and go onto original stories instead of rehashing the movie frame for frame. Three) people are getting tired of nothing new happening since the first chapter and nothing but rehashing going on. You know if this was any-other series it would probably be canceled by now cause everyone could see the writing on the wall. But its Naruto so they are just going to keep going till they hit rock bottom.

That is true but do you actually think anyone who is doing this series will do that I think not. They'd have to be Chris Claremont levels of good who the guy undid avengers #200 the worse avengers story ever that ruined Carol Danvers character til Claremont undid that story.

#120 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:16 PM

Still losing to the ones I said earlier. Really curious on the sales now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users