#81 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE (Unknown Entity @ Apr 8 2009, 01:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oilers loss coupled with St. Louis win finally destroys Oilers playoff hopes this season.

3rd straight season of missing the post-season.

If I don't see some radical change next season... I'm going to be angry...

Think of it this way: When you finally do get back to the playoffs, it will feel like you've won the Stanley Cup. (As a Caps fan who's had to endure the Bruce Cassidy\Jagr debacle followed by the complete destruction of our team in order to rebuild followed by our recent success, I know what I'm talking about. Of course, after making the playoffs last year, we aren't going to be satisfied with a one-and-done any more... even if our Defense isn't really cup-worthy)

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#82 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Video games, and band.

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:06 PM

Okay I just had to show you this. With the Stanley Cup Playoffs just around the corner I chose to make a video for the St. Louis Blues. Now being the idiot that I am I get idiotic ideas. So this is a Cosplay Karaoke video with The Good Ole hockey Game by Stompin' Tom Conners with me in my Naruto cosplay (sorta). It's just me with the whisker marks and the wig but I do have my Blues t-shirt on.

Spock it, lock it, rocket, explode it, reload it.

#83 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 03:48 AM

Blues win 3-1 tonight and are in the Playoffs! I can't tell you how happy I am right now.

#84 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Hockey, Drawing (even though I suck something awful), Photography, Video Games, etc.

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:04 PM

Congrats, Raven! Blues certainly deserve it.

Meh...hopefully the next season the Avs can pull it out, and this is a one time thing. Just need to solve some problems in the office methinks...*cough*GM*cough*.

I'm also bummed the Panthers missed the playoffs...they were a good team this year. They could have made it. But then again, they took a step forward with their new coach, who's been VERY good in his first year.

#85 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Hockey, Drawing (even though I suck something awful), Photography, Video Games, etc.

Posted 12 April 2009 - 02:18 AM

(I know this isn't technically NHL talk but...)

Anyone else catch the Division I Men's final between Miami (OH) and BU?

Truly spectacular...BU with two goals in the final minute to tie, then the overtime winner. It was a great game, and just tells me I gotta watch some more college hockey. tongue.gif

#86 IntrepidSpacemanSpiff

IntrepidSpacemanSpiff

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 03:35 AM

Canucks clinch NW division with a win today over the Avs.

Really got to thank the Oilers for their pummeling of the Flames the other day.

Got my playoff tickets today, stoked!

#87 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:01 AM

The Blues finished the season in Colorado by beating the Avalanche 1-0 today so we got the 6th spot in the playoffs. That means we face Vancouver in the first round. We've played well against them and I'd rather see them than San Jose. Get ready Vancouver, St. Louis has karma going for them!

#88 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:14 AM

Both the Sabres and Rangers miss they playoffs again.... sad.gif

uc.png

#89 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Apr 12 2009, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Both the Sabres and Rangers miss they playoffs again.... sad.gif

Um, what? The Caps are playing the Rangers in the first round of the playoffs, so the Rangers didn't miss it. (They won't be in them very LONG, mind, tongue.gif but they're in it)

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#90 Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity

Abandoned

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 04:34 AM

Blue Jackets first appearance in the playoffs... pretty exciting.
Pretty bored.

#91 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE (desaix @ Apr 12 2009, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Um, what? The Caps are playing the Rangers in the first round of the playoffs, so the Rangers didn't miss it. (They won't be in them very LONG, mind, tongue.gif but they're in it)

Well still....the Sabres aren't in. arg.gif

uc.png

#92 Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity

Abandoned

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 06:04 AM

Ah, right! I forgot to mention...

Franzen signs with Detroit for 11 years at 3.95 million a year !

How does Detroit keep doing it?!

If they can get Hossa to sign... man...

Although they don't have much cap room left and some free agents (other than Hossa) they need to try to resign.
Pretty bored.

#93 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:39 PM

Detroit's method of bringing up and keeping players is really what makes them an astounding team. They get their players the old fashioned way (with the recent exception of Hossa), by scouting talent and developing them in the minors, and then secure them for long-term deals. Detroit knows what they need, and secure the asset for years to come, as they did with Franzen. They're really smart with their players, I envy them!

#94 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:17 PM

Flyers are playing the Penguins, rematch of last years semis. VENGEANCE NOWZ
\

#95 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:25 PM

Throw down some brackets! --Click here to view--

Also, Francois Giguere was fired today, which makes me glad. Its a good thing that the organization is acting quickly to fix up the mess in Colorado.

Edited by Zatren6, 13 April 2009 - 08:26 PM.

#96 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Apr 13 2009, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Flyers are playing the Penguins, rematch of last years semis. VENGEANCE NOWZ

We should have Home Ice against them, but it wouldnt be philly without some good ol fashioned choking

#97 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:43 AM

My picks (round one):
West:
Ducks
Red Wings
Canucks
Push, leaning towards Calgary
Sharks will choke (as always), and the Ducks are built more for the playoffs than the regular season.
Columbus has made leaps and bounds this season, but they aren't ready to beat the defending cup champions in a best-of-seven playoff series.
Canucks are slightly stronger than the Blues, but I think they're actually the two weakest teams in the West.
I think Calgary and Chicago are about on par talent-wise; I feel Age and Wisdom still beats Youth and Enthusiasm, at least when everything else is a push.

East:
Bruins
Caps
Devils
Flyers
Montreal is the weakest of the East's playoff teams, despite all the 'all stars' on the team. rolleyes.gif
I'm somewhat biased, but I think the Caps are a much stronger team than the Rangers, and they match up better against them than almost anyone in the playoffs.
Carolina is okay, but they're essentially only strong enough to go as far as Ward will take them, and I don't think Ward can beat the Devils.
Flyers are better built for the playoffs than Pittsburg, and this year they haven't worn themselves down before facing them.

(I only make predictions round by round, so I'll wait a while before the next round)

Edited by desaix, 14 April 2009 - 07:24 AM.

-Tonbo

#98 Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity

Abandoned

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:39 AM

I'm usually pretty bad at playoff pools... but those are my picks. I'll be back every round to update it.
Pretty bored.

#99 IntrepidSpacemanSpiff

IntrepidSpacemanSpiff

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:58 AM

Here are my picks:

West:
Sharks in 7 (The Ducks are looking like the Ducks circa '07, which will be scary thing for the Sharks. But I think SJ is out looking to prove something)
Jackets in 7 (What can I say, the Jackets have had the Wings' number all year. Goaltending for Detroit looks too inconsistent, while for Columbus it's inexperience. This one will probably go the distance.)
Canucks in 6
Blackhawks in 5 (Injuries and inconsistent play are ravaging the Flames, and I don't see how that'll change in the next few weeks)

East:
Bruins in 5
Caps in 5 (Offense is too much, even with King Henrik in net)
Canes in 7 (Hottest team in the NHL will continue on their roll, IMO)
Penguins in 7 (This will be the most exciting series in round one, and maybe in the playoffs. I think with the experience the Pens gained last year and the addition of Kunitz and Guerin will help Pittsburgh pull through in the end. Big question is if Marty Biron will hold up)

#100 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:36 PM

Well I guess the wild will need a new coach. And they didn't even make the playoffs. shamefulcry0js.gif

Edited by L.I.D., 14 April 2009 - 10:36 PM.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users