Close
Photo

When it's done, would you want a new series about Naruto's kids?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

Poll: When it's done, would you want a new series about Naruto's kids? (43 member(s) have cast votes)

When it's done, would you want a new series about Naruto's kids?

1. Yes (12 votes [27.91%])

Percentage of vote: 27.91%

2. No (31 votes [72.09%])

Percentage of vote: 72.09%

Vote

#41 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Jan 4 2012, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would be interested in a short arc about the future generations. Not super long, but hey, I'd read it.

However, I would definitely read another manga about Kushina/Minato/previous generation shinobi. In fact, I'm almost expecting it. There has been so much background info on the whole world leading up to Naruto's generation that it seems likely.

The introduction of new character or the background has mostly centered around older characters, not younger. So it's not like the reader will be coming out of reading Naruto wondering about this whole new cast of younger characters that the Konoha 11 have met from the other countries. There are a few, but outside of Gaara and those few, everyone is older.

Which is surprising, when you think about it. Because the other countries should also have their young guns as well. But to introduce same-age competition/talent would dilute the storyline, blur it's focus. Naruto might have other rivals, Sakura might have other love interests, etc. Anyway, for a manga that focuses on surpassing generations, it sure is bogged down with the last generation of characters! laugh.gif

I'd feel a bit cheated if we just got the standard single epilogue timeskip chapter, but that's highly likely what will happen. I'd like to see an epilogue timeskip volume (around 10 chapters) there's enough left hanging after the war is over, Naruto and Sakura get together (and which other ones of the Konoha 11 generation Kishimoto chooses to show.) I want to see how this change Naruto makes alters the world, and want to see Naruto and Sakura and the Konoha 11 in their 20's dealing with parenthood and the new world they live in. That it's not the perfect utopia but it's a much better world than what they grew up in, with more mundane type conflicts between the various countries and the diplomatic efforts to resolve those conflicts.

I definitely hope we get a Minato and Kushina prequel series to follow this.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#42 LegendaryArcanine42

LegendaryArcanine42

'TIS LEGENDARY BRO!!!

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Music<br />Anime/Manga<br />Storywriting<br />Songwriting<br />Kicking butt and taking names! &gt;:D

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:21 AM

Yeah, a new series would be perfect! We could call it Naruto GT and make it about Naruto being completely Nerfed and having to shrink Minato back to kid form and get carried away by the mythical dragon, Ebisu-sensei! biggrin.gif

HECK NO!!! JUST NO!!!

Naruto is the be all and end all, if you want a sequel read some fanfics!

My god, what is it with you people and dragging a story to it's death... NARUTO IS ALREADY A FRANCHISE, STOP MAKING IT DBZ VER 2.0!!!

Instead, I would love Kishimoto to do a story that isn't based off a stereotypical shounen manga... I wanna see him, expand his horizons, like Kubo-sensei biggrin.gif

#43 goshadowking

goshadowking

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE (Jenskott @ Feb 28 2012, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. I think it would feel like if the plot was being artificially lengthened beyond the point where it should have stopped. Many fine series are cautionary instances of jumping the shark because the creator did not know where and when stopping.

And honestly I think the story has dragged out too much like it is.

Yeah I agree with you.

#44 Rainy Daze

Rainy Daze

#1 Supporter of Akise Aru

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:ALLLLLL the interests. Yeah, I'll update this later.

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:41 AM

Nyeh, nah. I think it would be kind of boring.

Yours is the epitome of unadulterated love. You are willing to carry out an act of justice in the name of said love, and hell you are still walking around trying to get to your beloved after your head has been chopped clean off your shoulders? You sir, are a kittening winner in my book.
Congratulations.

"...my beloved Yukiteru-kun..."

#45 Sukie-Chan

Sukie-Chan

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

Probably not, the series has already dragged on for so long. A new geraration would the anime even longer. Maybe a squeal would work but otherwise no new series.

#46 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:11 AM

In retrospect, a sequel wouldnt be bad

#47 light.keyblade.master

light.keyblade.master

Jimi Hendrix Wannabe

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Chess, Guitar, NARUTO, Video Games, Basketball, running, biking, writing, swimming, hangin with friends etc. Like to listen to my birds make music. Also PJ's.

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (SakuraHarunoChan @ Jan 3 2012, 06:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And if so, would you want the parents to make small cameos or be a big part of it, or even completely absent?

NOOOO!!!! Dude over 500 chapters... I can't handle another manga like naruto AGAIN. Regardless if its awesome. Plus after Naruto wraps up i don't think there will be plot left to do...
Ah Daniel. #7. He always was my favorite.

#48 Kageteiou

Kageteiou

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:04 AM

I vote no...as much as it would be cool to see Naruto's offspring, I can't really see a whole series about them. at most a chapter or two at the end or even a single picture (like fullmetal alchemist) would suffice.

#49 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:17 AM

Maybe for a couple of filler episodes would be nice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users