• Please log in to reply
3333 replies to this topic

#641 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:53 AM

Um... ok. WHAT???? That first exposes a romantic view of how creatives interact wtih the world. It's nothing as nice as that.

In most industries, as a creative you're hired to do a specific job. If you don't do it, then you don't get paid. Once you've done that work, it belongs to the company. This is how it goes. Photographer at a newspaper? That photo belongs to the paper. Artist for a rock band? That art belongs to the record label. It is now their intellectual property, not the original creators because s/he was already compensated for it.

Kishimoto is paid by fill-in-the-blank corporation. His work belongs to them. And it has from the very first moment he won that contest in 1998. He can no longer go back and change things, or reprint it with a different ending. And yes, he most definitely is contractually obligated to support whatever direction they ask him to go with it. Or he will be violating his contract. This is the deal that he signed to make money and become internationally famous, instead of having his manga copied at the corner shop and handing it out to his friends. 

Lastly, writers fight their editors all the time. Artists fight their art directors all the time. ALL THE TIME. And new writers are the frickin worst.

The franchise launched a next phase with NH. It was the best decision for a lot of reasons — which I've named in previous posts — and if i had been in the room I'd have made the same choice. But what's best for a multi-million dollar franchise isn't always what the artist wants, and that's why I said that artists — being the sneaky little control freaks that they are — will always try to slip in some item, some input, some whisper of what they really intended. Thus, the chaper entitled "The True End." 

I get what your saying. But I'm thinking more along the lines of Kishimoto was 20 when he started, unmarried, young and didn't care about families, even as he wrote about them. There's a big difference between him then and now — 40s with kids and taking the long view of life. Couple that with some social mores and the fact that Hinata is very much represents a popular Japanese ideal that is scattered all over anime and manga, then I can see why Kishimoto may have just shrugged and said 'eh, either one.' I don't think he ever cared about shipping, Hinata seemed just as good as Sakura (and didn't make waves as much as Sakura did), and an NH ending is 'going out with a surprise' that then launched the new era with the kids. I think that the part where he based Sakura off his wife was nice and probably true. But in the end, NH was better for the extending of the series and more well-received by those around him and in Japan. 

I just think that — with some distance from the ending — there are more reasons for him to turn to NH than I originally realized. 

That's what they called "work to hire". By all means if that what Kishi's contract states that then he has "no copyright" and any ownership over the Naruto  despite being the original creator/author himself. Definitely there's nothing he can do to change the ending at. However, going by the western standard in the publish industry. Every author and artist has sole ownership over his and her work until they either sale the rights and grant full copyright/owner to company of an individual. The publishing, filming and music industry will always have the leverage when comes to stipulating the agreements. For instance: the royalties and what the author/creator is restricted from doing while under contract.

It's been proven that Kishi can do doujin like the Mitsuki doujin. The question is that does he need to be granted permission by Shuiesha and the magazine to print doujin (normally this means self-publishing in Asia  if you are not a fan). Another restriction to bare in mind . Is he allow to share any non profiting art gallery to the public rather if its on internet, at a convention or out on the streets.

Based on the last paragraph. I have mixed feelings and its more or less because how the way he behaved and reacted in his countless interviews, leading up to his trip to the US at the NY Comcon.  

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#642 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:40 PM

Honestly, if you're not attached to someone or willing to give them a chance after they've risked everything for you, and nearly died in the process...I think that might be just a tad bit on the selfish side. But what do I know? 

#643 Qia

Qia

Little Weasel

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name

Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:56 PM

Honestly, if you're not attached to someone or willing to give them a chance after they've risked everything for you, and nearly died in the process...I think that might be just a tad bit on the selfish side. But what do I know? 

Except...it would make those actions of Naruto selfish don't you think? To think "Well I did all of this for you, so you owe this for me now" is not something that sits well with me. The most Sakura owes him, or anyone in a situation where someone does something for you with selfless intentions is gratitude. That's it. How someone chooses to show that gratitude should be entirely up to that person as well.  

And you make it seem like she didn't give Naruto the time of day or ease up on him a little after when the first thing they both agree to do is go on a date after he asked her out after the 3 year time skip. Granted, she teased him a little by saying that he would have to pay, but it's definitely different than him being straight out rejected or punched in the face. Sakura also started showing more concern for him, more than usual compared to part 1 and even expressed that she wished she could do more for him during the Sasuke retrieval arc. And I can go on and on about it and mention other moments where Sakura did try to get close to Naruto, like offering to feed him ramen, but I think I'll stop here xD since this isn't about the thread topic. 

Edited by Qia, 15 September 2017 - 12:58 PM.

single-cherry-blossom-tree-4k-high-quali

#644 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 01:01 PM

Except...it would make those actions of Naruto selfish don't you think? To think "Well I did all of this for you, so you owe this for me now" is not something that sits well with me. The most Sakura owes him, or anyone in a situation where someone does something for you with selfless intentions is gratitude. That's it. How someone chooses to show that gratitude should be entirely up to that person as well.  

And you make it seem like she didn't give Naruto the time of day or ease up on him a little after when the first thing they both agree to do is go on a date after he asked her out after the 3 year time skip. Granted, she teased him a little by saying that he would have to pay, but it's definitely different than him being straight out rejected or punched in the face. Sakura also started showing more concern for him, more than usual compared to part 1 and even expressed that she wished she could do more for him during the Sasuke retrieval arc. And I can go on and on about it and mention other moments where Sakura did try to get close to Naruto, like offering to feed him ramen, but I think I'll stop here xD since this isn't about the thread topic. 

Fair enough. Yeah, I forgot she fed him ramen a second time, or at least attempted to.

But still. I think some of my points still stand. 

#645 The Doctor forever

The Doctor forever

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:50 AM

Well I found this guys on what someone else thinks on Boruto.

http://fandom.wikia....dium=wikia-rail

#646 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:00 AM

Well I found this guys on what someone else thinks on Boruto.

http://fandom.wikia....dium=wikia-rail

Looks like people are finally seeing the light. The truth of Boruto. Yes it's nothing but a cash grab series. 

I love the words they put to describe the series. 

WEAK, BLAND STORYTELLING

ALL FILLER, NO KILLER

There is a God Hallelujah.  :woot: 

Edited by Gravenimage, 16 September 2017 - 02:05 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#647 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:05 AM

"Essentially, its the adventures of Ninja middle school."

And he's right as well. Where Naruto had meaningful themes and motifs that everyone can empathize with---like revenge, love, friendship, and forgiveness---, Boruto is more of a boring slice of life IV'd to the success of it's predecessor.

Because Boruto is exactly what a cash grab looks like. There isn't a point for this series, nor is there nothing to be learned from it. Cause there's isn't anything too sentimental about a bratty kid with daddy issues. Not many people can relate to that either.

#648 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:03 PM

*Sighs* If only Mecha-Naruto was canon. NH would get their pairing since Hinata would be with *a* Naruto and since they only see Naruto as an object for their goddess anyway (and Hinata, as we see in UNS, wouldn't tell the difference between the real one and the easy-to-spot android), it would be a win-win situation for all. :hehehe:

Edited by Kagomaru, 16 September 2017 - 05:32 PM.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#649 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:14 PM

Apparently NH fans in tumblr starting to called Boruto a prince of Konoha because he was the son of hokage and byakugan queen(princess/hime).

And this is really coincidence ?? :

http://dob-siki.tumb...763977/ohreally

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#650 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:56 PM

Apparently NH fans in tumblr starting to called Boruto a prince of Konoha because he was the son of hokage and byakugan queen(princess/hime).

...I trying to remember the fight...she did nothing like that. In situation like this it is "probable" they copied it...but this is SP and it a Sakura fight they never do more then the bare minimum when they have to so it is likely they copied it.

#651 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:12 AM

"Essentially, its the adventures of Ninja middle school."

And he's right as well. Where Naruto had meaningful themes and motifs that everyone can empathize with---like revenge, love, friendship, and forgiveness---, Boruto is more of a boring slice of life IV'd to the success of it's predecessor.

Because Boruto is exactly what a cash grab looks like. There isn't a point for this series, nor is there nothing to be learned from it. Cause there's isn't anything too sentimental about a bratty kid with daddy issues. Not many people can relate to that either.

You know what bothers me? Is that this whole story about daddy issues could've been well-ish executed if they actually had a plan when they chose to do that so called ending. Problem is no one actually thought about it, they just said that they'll figured it out along the way. And they did an amazing job so far. Stuck in the same place that they were 3 years ago when they started this. :)

Edited by Nostradamus, 17 September 2017 - 02:12 AM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#652 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:28 AM

You know what bothers me? Is that this whole story about daddy issues could've been well-ish executed if they actually had a plan when they chose to do that so called ending. Problem is no one actually thought about it, they just said that they'll figured it out along the way. And they did an amazing job so far. Stuck in the same place that they were 3 years ago when they started this. :)

It's worst then that. In the ending Naruto gave Bolt a speech which could have ended the daddy issues before it really took off, and in the movie they resolved it by the end. So it not that they are stagnate or "stuck in a rut," they are actually sliding backwards in order to try to make this story somewhat interesting.

But as for planning. they didn't. They just thought that if they did nH they would be swimming in profits while enjoying the afterglow of the pairing. Instead kishimoto added the daddy issues to give the sequel some conflict and those idiots couldn't tell a decent love story with the last.

Here's a good example it took them 24 episodes of Boruto to get to the ending of Naruto.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 17 September 2017 - 03:43 AM.

#653 BlackShirtGuy

BlackShirtGuy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, Anime, Naruto, Dragon Ball, Spider-Man, Megaman, Ace Attorney Series.

Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:41 AM

It's worst then that. In the ending Naruto gave Bolt a speech which could have ended the daddy issues before it really took off, and in the movie they resolved it by the end. So it not that they are stagnate or "stuck in a rut," they are actually sliding backwards in order to try to make this story somewhat interesting.

But as for planning. they didn't. They just thought that if they did nH they would be swimming in profits while enjoying the afterglow of the pairing. Instead kishimoto added the daddy issues to give the sequel some conflict and those idiots couldn't tell a decent love story with the last.

The Daddy Issues thing Kishi wrote just shows that by that point he didn't give a fudge, you telling me a guy that can multiplicate himself, left like 3 clones faaaaar away from him gathering an special type of energy that took Jiraiya YEARS to master, can't at the very least once a effing week left 3 clones to do effing paperwork? How can you even buy that?

Edited by BlackShirtGuy, 17 September 2017 - 03:42 AM.

“There are many types of monsters in this world, monsters who will not show themselves and who cause trouble. Monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood, and, monsters who always tell lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance, they are much more cunning than other monsters. They pose as humans, even though they have no understanding of the human heart. They eat, even though they've never experienced hunger. They study even though the have no interest in academics. They seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such a monster, I would likely be eaten by it, because in truth, I am that monster.”   -L. Lawliet

#654 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:47 AM

Has it really been 3 years? lol when this series is finally over I'll be welcoming my fifth grandson or something god damn.

#655 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:32 AM

I'm going off-topic for a sec...

Rurouni Kenshin: Hokkaido is a way better sequel than this silliness with Boruto. Hell, Kenshin had the down point with Reflections OVA and it became non-canon. That is all.

Mic-drop-president-obama-600x341.jpg

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#656 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:54 AM

Nothing new here. Remember this?

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#657 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:43 AM

Rurouni Kenshin: Hokkaido is a way better sequel than this silliness with Boruto. Hell, Kenshin had the down point with Reflections OVA and it became non-canon. That is all.

^This

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#658 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:59 PM

Well not that it's not and not that it's not infinitely better, and in the same regard Dragon Ball super, but here is the main difference why. The creators of RK and DB still actually  give a crap about their stories and characters and these sequels are still focusing on Kenshin and Goku as the main characters, plus there is no pointless, useless, mundane drama that is poisoning the soul of the series and the messages that these series portray ACTUALLY get across. Actually I believe both Nobuhiro Watsuki and Akira Toriyama have direct involvement in the Hokkaido Arc and Super respectively 

Edited by Phantom_999, 17 September 2017 - 03:28 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#659 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 17 September 2017 - 05:31 PM

Well not that it's not and not that it's not infinitely better, and in the same regard Dragon Ball super, but here is the main difference why. The creators of RK and DB still actually  give a crap about their stories and characters and these sequels are still focusing on Kenshin and Goku as the main characters, plus there is no pointless, useless, mundane drama that is poisoning the soul of the series and the messages that these series portray ACTUALLY get across. Actually I believe both Nobuhiro Watsuki and Akira Toriyama have direct involvement in the Hokkaido Arc and Super respectively 

Actually, what's ironic is that they did try to pull Boruto-level crap on Rurouni Kenshin with the Reflections OVA.  Y'know, making Kenshin a negligent husband and absentee dad by having him to continue his quest for penitence, outright disregarding all of his character development in the manga and even altering dialogue/scenes that took place in the series. You end up with Kenji growing up and hating his dad (even spitting on his ideals and by proxy, his mother's ideals regarding kenjutsu), and being a general brat. Though, at least he has a better reason than Boruto since he has to take care of his sick mother while his father was going around the country seeking redemption(even though he already found it in the manga).  Unlike Masashi, Nobuhiro came forward in a interview to denounce the OVA's canonicity, stating it went directly against his intentions for Kenshin come to terms with his past and live a happy life.  In the 2006 Comic Con he attended where he was questioned about Reflections again, he bluntly stated that he hated the OVA.

I'm grateful for mangakas like Watsuki, Oda and Toriyama who have no issues calling out anyone that tries to corrupt their creations.  Kishimoto desperately needs a spine like theirs.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#660 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 05:54 PM

Actually, what's ironic is that they did try to pull Boruto-level crap on Rurouni Kenshin with the Reflections OVA.  Y'know, making Kenshin a negligent husband and absentee dad by having him to continue his quest for penitence, outright disregarding all of his character development in the manga and even altering dialogue/scenes that took place in the series. You end up with Kenji growing up and hating his dad (even spitting on his ideals and by proxy, his mother's ideals regarding kenjutsu), and being a general brat. Though, at least he has a better reason than Boruto since he has to take care of his sick mother while his father was going around the country seeking redemption(even though he already found it in the manga).  Unlike Masashi, Nobuhiro came forward in a interview to denounce the OVA's canonicity, stating it went directly against his intentions for Kenshin come to terms with his past and live a happy life.  In the 2006 Comic Con he attended where he was questioned about Reflections again, he bluntly stated that he hated the OVA.

I'm grateful for mangakas like Watsuki, Oda and Toriyama who have no issues calling out anyone that tries to corrupt their creations.  Kishimoto desperately needs a spine like theirs.

Actually, I think it because they don't want Kishimoto to do that they make him stay on as editor instead of letting him go off and do that sci fi manga. Think about it. Ever since the ending what's been holding up the series is that Kishimoto is supporting them. What's holding this franchise up now a days isn't the story (since they abandon it to make nH happen), it's respecting kishimoto's "authorial/writer's intent." If he came out and started unloading on the ending and/or Boruto, it would all but kill the franchise. So to prevent him for even considering doing that they, gave him the editor job. So he have to stay and keep supporting the franchise.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users