162 replies to this topic

#21 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:23 PM

LET THE TEAM FORTRESS 2 JOKES COMMENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scout: The freakin Neji's a SPY!

Neji: I never really was on your side.

#22 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Gym, Martial Arts, Property

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:03 PM

I think it was good that Kishi was able to inject some mild humor into this chapter (the two medics suspecting eachother) despite it being an overwise serious situation.

I see quite a few people believe in the 'mind-control/genjutsu' theory, and it may well be the case (we'll have to wait 'til next to find out), but I'm going to throw my own theory out there, and it's based on my post in the 539 spoiler thread.

Okay, so imagine this... --Click here to view--
Neji made it to the camp successfully, and recieved medical treatment from Sakura before heading off somewhere else to rest/sleep. While he's asleep, it's revealed that during his battle with that Zetsu clone that grabbed him, it managed to plant a spore onto his body. It then detaches itself from Neji's body and assumes his appearance (because the killings didn't start until AFTER Neji left Sakura's tent. Why would this clone go for treatment first if it's objective was to kill all the medics?). After the first 3 bodies are found, 'Neji' suddenly appears out of nowhere, even though it hadn't been that long since he left the vicinity. All the while we're catching glimpses of someone watching from the shadows, which is eventually revealed to be Sakura's new admirer. Now the way this guy is shown in the panels slinking around immediately draws suspiscion onto him, and away from anyone else (classic plotline, the obvious looking guy is actually not the culprit). Truth was he wanted to give Sakura his letter, but was struggling to pluck up the courage to do it in front of everyone, so he approaches her when she's alone (and by this time we know that it was actually 'Neji' behind the murders).

The scenes with Nagato and Itachi... --Click here to view--
I think were just a prelude of things to come (Kishi just making sure no one had forgotten about them). I don't think they have anything to do with events going on at the camp (I think they're simply just to far away, Nagato can barely walk so travelling will be very slow). Itachi's talk of genjutsu is just him speculating what his controller (Kabuto) plans to do with him.

Itachi brought up one interesting thing though, if the two of them had been partners while they were in the Akatsuki, no one would've been able to stop them. I'm wondering whether Itachi is secretely implying that the two of them should try and break free from their master's control together (much better chance of doing it alone). I mean we've seen a few Edo's successfully exerting their own will which ends up costing Kabuto, so why not show someone being able to break free from his control, and either of these two or even BOTH of them would be ideal (no jutsu's perfect).

On a side note, there seems to be some inconsistencies with Nagato's height. When he was shown in that line of 5 Akatsuki Edo's (489) he was clearly shorter than Itachi, but in two of the panels in this chapter they seem to be the same height (with Nagato slightly taller). headscratch.gif I know Itachi is assisting helping him to walk by supporting him, but can't be just carrying him off the ground (it's a bit awkward trying to carry someone's ENTIRE bodyweight from that position)

EDIT: WHOO!! 300! w00t.gif Queue the 'Sparta' gags laugh.gif

Edited by Quinny52, 18 May 2011 - 08:31 PM.

If there's one thing I have learned In my short time on this Earth

Devotion should be owed not earned Only you determine what you're worth

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#23 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:07 PM

OK, it's page 2 now, so we can go without spoiler tags. happy.gif

I don't believe the theory that Neji will "kidnap" Sakura. Why would Madara bother with that? He already knows that Naruto and Killer Bee are on their way to the battlefield, and he has a sample of their chakra (Bee's tentacle and The Shiny Kyuubi Brothers) so he intends to carry out his plan the next day.

Also, I don't think Madara is aware of the personal feelings Naruto and Sakura may have for each other, anyway.

Neji was just commanded to kill the medics so that the Shinobi Alliance could not treat their injured.

#24 coolcatjas

coolcatjas

Lvl.70 ブレイバー

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:Basic stuff like anime, manga, drawing, reading, movies, ect..

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:09 PM

I loved the Naruto and Kyuubi interaction. Nice to see that Kyuubi noticed Naruto's growth throughout his life. Pretty soon Naruto and Kyuubi will be buddy buddy lol.

And FINALLY some screen time for Sakura (and with a cute hair-do :D). I've been waiting for this! How I have missed you Sakura. I hope what Kishi said about showing Sakura being more heroin-like starts now ^^

and Kishi adding that little confession from that "suspicious" nin character and Sakura turning him down because she already has someone she likes was the icing of the cake :9

swi1pKF.png
Image drawn by me :D

Tumblr Account Pony Account

#25 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:22 PM

Love the last two chapters!

First, hurrah for Sakura's war look! Fatigues and cute hair should be all the rage among Konoha's medic elite this season!

And it will be interesting to see how the Neji/admirer/Sakura thing turns out. I love all the ideas: from the guy delivering Sakura a warning to Neji being controlled. Lots to think about. I love chapters like this, with good development that's open to interpretation.

Also, I don't know about Madara, but Kabuto should definitely set his sights on Sakura if he's a true villain. He knows more about Team 7 dynamics than probably most of the rookies do. If they really want Naruto, then Sasuke and Sakura are the closest ones to him. Kabuto would know all about that after seeing Sakura when he was in 4-tails kyuubi. So it will be interesting to see if this is an attack on the medics, or a targeted attack to wipe out medics and capture Sakura.

#26 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:28 PM

Remember the moons eye plan?
Neji appeared to be looking up at the moon, before he keeled over. And Nagato and Itachi were looking up to it as well.

The last few chapters have been very good build up, we have seen the early battles, good, quick ones. Now it seems with Itachi and Nagato in play, controlling Neji, Naruto and KB joining in very soon, that business is about to pick up.

I don't think we can cross off Madara capturing Sakura. Kishi already has paralleld NaruSaku to Mintao/Kushina. Even if he doesn't know about their potential romance, just about everybody knows about Naruto and his bond with team 7. The only problem is the idea is a bit cliche. Not that I would mind seeing how it happens.

QUOTE (tricksie @ May 18 2011, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kabuto would know all about that after seeing Sakura when he was in 4-tails kyuubi. So it will be interesting to see if this is an attack on the medics, or a targeted attack to wipe out medics and capture Sakura.

That just might be it. And its a great move on his part. They already haven't seen this coming, medics being taken down, much less by their own ally.

Edited by Mik3, 18 May 2011 - 08:30 PM.

\

#27 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:36 PM

Here is my Troll

Hinata is controlling Neji via the curse mark to eliminate Sakura the only threat between her and Naruto!!!

truthfully it may be the curse mark as it may be able to be used to control the bearer maybe Madara or Kabuto knows how, or maybe it is Zetsu

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#28 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:41 PM

I've always enjoyed a good murder mystery, and this one is very well written and plotted out.

You know, I hate to say this, but... what if Neji isn't being controlled? It looks like he's killing medics, but what if he's really killing Cloud ninja? He certainly has enough reason to hate them, what with them trying to kidnap Hinata and leading to his father's death. While it would be nice if everyone in the Alliance was all buddy-buddy, it simply isn't possible. Hatred and resentment don't disappear that easily. I'm sure there's been plenty of infighting since the war began. There's no way there hasn't been.

As for Kabuto or Madara kidnapping Sakura, I don't see it. Masashi Kishimoto promised he was going to make Sakura more of a heroine, and having her be taken hostage and used as a bartering chip wouldn't even come close. I think she's going to be the one to resolve this situation, instead. Protecting her fellow medics would certainly be a heroic action, and if she gets a good fight out of it, it'd be even better, as she hasn't had a decent fight since Sasori.

I'm hoping Naruto runs into Nagato and Itachi, as they're two of the people that put the most trust in him to resolve things the right way.

#29 Destiny

Destiny

Queen of the hard hitters!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:12 PM

smile.gif Well. Obviously I loved this chapter!!! I've been waiting to see Sakura again and this is way better than what I thought would happen! So pumped.

I honestly think it's just as it looks. I think Neji is being controlled by Itachi.

BUT, if who ever said that maybe he (Itachi) could be jumping from person to person is right, I think it would be great quite interesting if Sakura was controlled and Naruto got there in time to fight her and try and stop her. narusakuct7.gif

Even though I'm certain that will not happen, I am sure that these are going to be a great few chapters! I'm so ready to see Sakura at work!

Love is everything.

#30 StrawberryAcappella

StrawberryAcappella

If you can’t convince them, confuse them

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:A lot of fandom shiznit. I literally just read fanfiction and search the internet for fandom related things all day, even at school on my phone. My current love is Sherlock, but my long time love is Naruto. When im not doing what im supposed to im also practicing something musical~ because the classical variety of music making is tiresome...

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:45 PM

Mcawesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!chapter
My Awesome Birthday Banner My friend Made me!!!!

#31 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (Verilance @ May 18 2011, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is my Troll

Hinata is controlling Neji via the curse mark to eliminate Sakura the only threat between her and Naruto!!!

truthfully it may be the curse mark as it may be able to be used to control the bearer maybe Madara or Kabuto knows how, or maybe it is Zetsu

Unlikely as it seems though, it could be that Hinata had gone completely insane over jealousy about Sakura having affection for Naruto and Madara and/or Kabuto using this for their own nefarious strategical advantages, manipulated her into betraying her own village by controlling Neji into killing medics off one by one while she (or Neji/some Zetsu Spore) kidnaps Sakura in all the confusion (assuming if a legion of Zetsu's spores attack the medic camp as a surprise attack tactic of gurillea warfare at some point), thus leaving Madara with the perfect bargaining tool against Naruto.

The problem is that it is unlikely and it wouldn't really show off Sakura's heroine capabilities but then again, Kishi did say in volume 48 that he doesn't plan on ending the series anytime soon so going by that info he'd have plenty of time to show her doing something heroic.

Plus if it were something like this, then Hinata would then be officially classified as a yandere. I have nothing against the character of Hinata or anything, it's just that I think it would be a great way for Kishi to troll all of the rabid Hinata/naruhina fans that made Sakura out to be the root-of-all-evil, worse-than-Hitler antichrist and Hinata this pure holy all perfect unbeatable goddess who could do no wrong. It would serve as a "Take That!" against all those Hinata/naruhina fans that wrote those letters to Kishi (and the Western Hinata/naruhina fans as well) by having Hinata commit such a heinous act that would not only establish that Hinata has a clingy jealousy issue that's so bad (to the point of teaming up with an enemy) it would let all her rationality and sanity fly out the window just to get rid of any "competition" for Naruto's affection (I.E. Sakura), it would completely shatter the false image the rabid NH fans have of her as a goddess and turn her into a complete devil in the metaphorical sense. It would also prove that she isn't perfect She's a human being (although fictional but that's besides the point), humans make mistakes all the time and it's only natural because it's within our nature as human beings.

Though despite that if it happened in the actual story, they'd probably come up with some bullsh** excuses to justify Hinata's actions and make her out to be the victim while painting Sakura as a cold hearted b*tch due to their seething hatred of Sakura in general. Though it would still be funny to see the internet outrage from the Hinata/naruhina fanboys/fangirls and Sakura/narusaku haters making themselves look like fools by the end of the day.

Not to mention it would make a great plot twist and interesting story-line. I highly doubt it though since if Kishimoto can't bring himself kill off young characters I'm not sure how he'll feel about making some young characters betray there allies by switching sides. But who knows, Kishi has surprised us before so maybe he'll be indifferent towards making Hinata help out Madara and Kabuto to make a point.

I'm not trying to flame characters or anything, I'm just simply stating my opinion. With that said I've think I've made my point well and clear. cool.gif

#32 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:12 PM

sorry I made you post all that

I thought I had made it clear enough, I wasn't serious just having a laugh

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#33 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:14 PM

Wow, what a plot. I'm leaning towards the train of thought that Kabuto is behind this attack and he could be planning the kidnapping of Sakura. Though the kidnap/capture of Sakura could be a secondary goal with the primary goal being to disable the Shinobi Alliance's means of healing.

One thing bugs me about Neji. Since he's appeared in the medical tent he hasn't used his Byakugen once. I find that odd, especially since he convinced all of the other medics that he was going to find the murder with his "eyes." Also, did he use weapons against the medics? There were blood splashes, something that if he used the gentle fist wouldn't appear.

I predict that love-letter guy will end up getting killed trying to protect Sakura since he's still in the tent with her. Can't wait until next week!
End of line.

#34 Myth

Myth

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:29 PM

Pain your sage/rinnegan powers combined with my mangekyou we can do almost anything.. that says a lot to me
Neji isnt being controlled, he was the main villain all the time tongue.gif
Great chapter..
İn order to survive,we cling to all we know and understand and we label it reality but knowledge and understanding are ambiguous that reality could be an illusion, all humans live with the wrong assumptions isnt that another way of looking at it.

UCHİHA İTACHİ.

#35 narukunsakuchan

narukunsakuchan

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:46 PM

hmmmm, what if Neji was actually replaced.....I mean hes not wearing his jounin jacket anymore, which I assume after he was done being treated he would put back on immediately. Also, why would Neji ask where sakura was if he could use his byakugan to find her. Not to mention he was just treated by her not a few minutes b4 meaning he should know the tent shes in. I'm kinda thinkin that there are two nejis running around right now as a possibility.
He is her earth, her foundation upon which to grow, and she is his heaven, his peace and tranquilty and also his reason to shoot for the stars.

#36 narutouzumaki50

narutouzumaki50

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (narukunsakuchan @ May 18 2011, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmmmm, what if Neji was actually replaced.....I mean hes not wearing his jounin jacket anymore, which I assume after he was done being treated he would put back on immediately. Also, why would Neji ask where sakura was if he could use his byakugan to find her. Not to mention he was just treated by her not a few minutes b4 meaning he should know the tent shes in. I'm kinda thinkin that there are two nejis running around right now as a possibility.

I'm so with u! But what i dont understand is why is the fake neji after sakura?

It burns to be me!!

#37 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:51 PM

Sakura is an obvious target because of how talented she is. She made an antidote to a poison created by Sasori, who is a master of the poison arts, in less than a day, when the entirety of the Sand medical staff couldn't. She's been said to have skills surpassing Tsunade's at the same age, and has the potential to be better than Tsunade ever was.

Why wouldn't she be targeted? It's the same reason Orochimaru tried to kill Naruto when the Legendary Three had their fight: Better to take her out now, before she becomes a thorn in their side.

#38 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:15 AM

lol Itachi and Nagato xD

and i think either Neji is being mind controlled, or Madara's eye of the moon plan is taking effect.

Edited by Strangelove, 19 May 2011 - 12:17 AM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#39 narukunsakuchan

narukunsakuchan

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:19 AM

yeah I will agree Sakura is a very strong and skilled medic so her being a target is a good reason. My guess kinda leans more towards the Madara or Kabuto want to capture her. Now I know others on here have said that they dont know about Narutos feelings for her or her towards him, but its possible that Kabuto knows based on how she acted with 4 tailed Naruto. Kabuto has seen first hand how dedicated he was to Sasuke so he prolly put two and two together to figure out how loyal Naruto is to his team overall

What I look at it as is more of a way to try and control Naruto's movements such as trying to get him to be useless as far as his power goes. I mean look at it this way, if Madara is paranoid bc Bee and Naruto came outta hiding so now hes rushing, its possible they are trying to capture her as an insurance policy for the plan to go through.

I know many people don't want to see sakura as a damsel in distress, I certainly dont. But I think it may end up being a case where she is defending and is forced to be captured if my theory is even half way correct. I expect her to put up a damn good fight b4 she gets caught if that is the case and even after she gets caught she will be constantly thinking of ways to get free.

on another note did anyone notice ton ton is an awesome pig....look how much weight he is carrying on his back made me chuckle

Edited by narukunsakuchan, 19 May 2011 - 12:22 AM.

He is her earth, her foundation upon which to grow, and she is his heaven, his peace and tranquilty and also his reason to shoot for the stars.

#40 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:22 AM

Tonton is a female pig, actually. And she has to be strong, she's the personal pig assistant of the Slug Princess, after all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users