• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#41 NarutoxSakuraFan4Life

NarutoxSakuraFan4Life

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, writing fanfiction/original works.

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:38 PM

Here is a question for you. Do you think that if Sakura was given big boobs just like Hinata and SP would've given her lots of filler moments and fanservice, would people still prefer Hinata over Sakura?

Edit. Sakura's personality wouldn't change she would still remain the same except bigger boobs.

Hmmm....maybe, but maybe not. Fan(boy)s may have liked her more than they did if she did have bigger boobs and was given lots of fanservice. But on the other if Sakura still had the same personality (which I think is one of the main reasons why they don't like Sakura in the first place) and not Hinata's submissive, shy personality.... then some may not. So, in other words, I still think fans would prefer Hinata over Sakura, but wouldn't hate Sakura as much. If that makes any sense. 

tumblr_n0qvafxnzd1s1a2b1o1_500.gif

~Their love was true, their love was pure, their love was beautiful.~

~NaruSaku forever  <3 ~ 

#42 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:53 PM

Yeah, but as said, she'd keep her tsundere attitude, Ken, and some fans seem to hate that about her.

I know. Why do I love her? Because she's a funny smart character. A woman that I would date.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#43 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 05:17 PM

You guys are spot on. People would like her more but ultimately they would still prefer Hinata over Sakura because Hinata is submissive.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#44 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 05:39 PM

You guys are spot on. People would like her more but ultimately they would still prefer Hinata over Sakura because Hinata is submissive.

I don't think it's so much that Hinata is submissive, I think there was probably a lot of projecting from young teenage boys (who were probably considered nerdy for, in part, their interest in anime/manga) who resented Sakura for liking the "cool guy." Hinata, on the other hand was totally into Naruto and that probably won her a lot of fans.

#45 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:34 PM

I didn't know some of that about Ms. Mizuki being in Toriko led to its cancellation with her character (a filler character) getting an arc and with such backlash and all. Plus there's some who haven't forgiven her for Naruto, even with her role as Ange in Cross Ange, though some fans teased her about The Last and all of that.

She still has a lot of credit being Fate VA and all 

I don't think it's so much that Hinata is submissive, I think there was probably a lot of projecting from young teenage boys (who were probably considered nerdy for, in part, their interest in anime/manga) who resented Sakura for liking the "cool guy." Hinata, on the other hand was totally into Naruto and that probably won her a lot of fans.

naruto for some of the fans is like the ultimate self insert story, I think that's one of the reasons it managed to stay relevant even after the plot became trash

I've lost count of how many " Naruto becomes badass early  on and get's all the girls just to not pay attention to them" or  "Sasuke somehow falls head over heels in love with Sakura and she is the dominant one" stories are in FF.net 

Edited by Nar123, 01 September 2015 - 07:34 PM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#46 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:51 PM

naruto for some of the fans is like the ultimate self insert story, I think that's one of the reasons it managed to stay relevant even after the plot became trash
I've lost count of how many " Naruto becomes badass early  on and get's all the girls just to not pay attention to them" or  "Sasuke somehow falls head over heels in love with Sakura and she is the dominant one" stories are in FF.net 

This.

And you know it's true when you got people like Forneverworld, the ultimate otaku, saying he hopes to find his Hinata someday.

He's not an outlier either. A lot of the NH SS fans are just like him and I don't see this trend changing any time soon.

#47 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:30 PM

I mean, I'm not ashamed to admit that I was one of those people. I started reading Naruto in 2000 or so and was definitely not a "cool kid" and part of why I shipped NH during Part I was because I didn't like Sakura or her obsession with Sasuke. Of course, unlike a lot of fans, I grew up and managed to get out of that self-insert mindset and came to be a big NS fan reading Part II.

I never did get over my dislike of Sasuke though....

#48 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:39 PM

I mean, I'm not ashamed to admit that I was one of those people. I started reading Naruto in 2000 or so and was definitely not a "cool kid" and part of why I shipped NH during Part I was because I didn't like Sakura or her obsession with Sasuke. Of course, unlike a lot of fans, I grew up and managed to get out of that self-insert mindset and came to be a big NS fan reading Part II.

I never did get over my dislike of Sasuke though....

Don't worry about it. I never got over my dislike of Sasuke either. :P

I'm really just not a fan of his character type, and if a series doesn't have someone like him then that's a plus in my book. Unless it's done really well of course, but obviously in Naruto's case it wasn't.

To be honest though, I did kind of like NH more back in part 1 from watching the anime. However, once part 2 started I grew to like NS more and now the difference between the two is quite clear.

Edited by RedFaction, 01 September 2015 - 08:41 PM.

#49 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:50 PM

It's not just because of the boobs and submissiveness. Sakura started at the bottom and was supposed to come out on the top, but her journey was crumbly and in the end it never really happened. She was written badly and Kishi gave up on her, many people see Hinata as the only alternative. Hinata was badly written as well, but she had some attributes that made her more 'forgivable'.

ナルサク

#50 SlyNinjaKnight

SlyNinjaKnight

Loyal Follower of the OTP of Naruto

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Fandoms: Naruto, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Star Wars and others.

Wish that Kishi would just stop trying to 'fix' Naruto, I guess that no one ever told him the phrase 'digging your own grave'. I will remember fondly the characters that made me love Naruto that were sacrificed at the all-mighty altar that is money (and crazy fan boys/girls).

Posted 01 September 2015 - 09:17 PM

I think its a mixture of both. You have the nerdy guys who want the curvy i.e. big breasted girl who is quiet because nerdy guys don't have a lot of confidence in talking with girls so a quiet girls don't pose as much of a risk in being shot down. And with Sakura being a fan-girl to the 'cool guy' instantly put some people off because she was chasing after the opposite of the main character rather than Naruto. 

#51 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 09:29 PM

I didn't read that, it's such a good point! Again with the self-insert, what (sexist) guy doesn't want a girl that all over them instead of the girl that hits you and likes your bestfriend?

It doesn't just boil down to boobs and submissiveness, there are many characters that are similar to Hinata and Sakura in other anime, yet they are not treated the same way.

ナルサク

#52 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 01 September 2015 - 09:33 PM

When did you stop liking Hinata? I did during the last when she rather knit a scarf than save her sister from a creepy villain. 

509356167_759751.gif?4

#53 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 09:43 PM

Hinata's remaining underdeveloped and lost potential isn't just hers alone. The other Konoha 11(with the exception of Shikamaru) tragically had their development cut short as well due to Sasuke hogging the spotlight

#54 SlyNinjaKnight

SlyNinjaKnight

Loyal Follower of the OTP of Naruto

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Fandoms: Naruto, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Star Wars and others.

Wish that Kishi would just stop trying to 'fix' Naruto, I guess that no one ever told him the phrase 'digging your own grave'. I will remember fondly the characters that made me love Naruto that were sacrificed at the all-mighty altar that is money (and crazy fan boys/girls).

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:06 PM

When did you stop liking Hinata? I did during the last when she rather knit a scarf than save her sister from a creepy villain. 

I can't really say I ever liked Hinata, but I didn't dislike her until the ending of the manga and The Last film. To me, she wasn't a big enough part of the manga to waste time liking or disliking, and I think that's my biggest issue with Naruto. We know so little about Hinata, outside of her world pretty much revolving around Naruto, that we are geared toward disliking her. All that we know about Hinata is that she's extremely shy, thought weak by her family and that she has a overwhelming crush on Naruto. With Neji, we found out why he hated Hinata (due to his father's death stemming from Hinata being kidnapped) but we still never found out why her father thought her weak, or why her sister thought herself stronger than Hinata. Hinata's potential and characterization is so poorly done that we can't help but dislike her because it seems that all she cares about is Naruto (though this is on Kishimoto more than Hinata herself). Heck, her dream of uniting the Hyuga clan apparently is never achieved because she is just a housewife. 

#55 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:07 PM

Hinata's remaining underdeveloped and lost potential isn't just hers alone. The other Konoha 11(with the exception of Shikamaru) tragically had their development cut short as well due to Sasuke hogging the spotlight

Yeah, though Hinata's case is different, she is the only character from the rookie 9 that, while not really developed in the story, in the minds of her fans she was like super developed

When she was flanderized into a "Naruto-kun" speaking machine

#56 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:12 PM

Yeah, though Hinata's case is different, she is the only character from the rookie 9 that, while not really developed in the story, in the minds of her fans she was like super developed

Well she was super developed. Just not in the right department.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#57 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:12 PM

I can't really say I ever liked Hinata, but I didn't dislike her until the ending of the manga and The Last film. To me, she wasn't a big enough part of the manga to waste time liking or disliking, and I think that's my biggest issue with Naruto. We know so little about Hinata, outside of her world pretty much revolving around Naruto, that we are geared toward disliking her. All that we know about Hinata is that she's extremely shy, thought weak by her family and that she has a overwhelming crush on Naruto. With Neji, we found out why he hated Hinata (due to his father's death stemming from Hinata being kidnapped) but we still never found out why her father thought her weak, or why her sister thought herself stronger than Hinata. Hinata's potential and characterization is so poorly done that we can't help but dislike her because it seems that all she cares about is Naruto (though this is on Kishimoto more than Hinata herself). Heck, her dream of uniting the Hyuga clan apparently is never achieved because she is just a housewife. 

Another problem I have with how Hinata's character was executed:

Hinata's shyness is not treated as a problem, it's treated as a moe trait forfans to gush on...shyness is quite the  issue, it shouldn't be treated as something cute and endearing, if Hinata was developed properly to begin with, in the end she wouldn't have any problems with this issue

As it is, her shyness is just another fuel for fangirls to self insert as her and for fanboys to fantasize about

Edited by Nar123, 01 September 2015 - 10:23 PM.

#58 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:42 PM

I Never see a big boob and submissive character as something wrong.
She's a female side character who gain popularity that make her dethrone the heroine.

Edited by rocci, 01 September 2015 - 10:43 PM.

#59 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:50 PM

Another problem I have with how Hinata's character was executed:

Hinata's shyness is not treated as a problem, it's treated as a moe trait forfans to gush on...shyness is quite the  issue, it shouldn't be treated as something cute and endearing, if Hinata was developed properly to begin with, in the end she wouldn't have any problems with this issue

As it is, her shyness is just another fuel for fangirls to self insert as her and for fanboys to fantasize about

yea its like the bella swan syndrome, and every john green character ever.

ナルサク

#60 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:55 PM

This.

And you know it's true when you got people like Forneverworld, the ultimate otaku, saying he hopes to find his Hinata someday.

He's not an outlier either. A lot of the NH SS fans are just like him and I don't see this trend changing any time soon.

Forneverworld hopes to find his HInata someday with that ugly ass face I doubt it. He has better chances been born again.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users