Lone Wolf of the Grave

#22 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:15 PM

Just got the game, and I'm in the middle of the campaing. Only one thing to say: Fire Shotgun of hell FTW! fu.png

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#23 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:04 PM

Who needs skill? Let's just camp in one corner and use a shotgun.

#24 crazyefra

crazyefra

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Living, Having a lot of friends. <br />In terms of music, anything but Bachata (excluding Juan Luis Guerra), Reggaeton and Merengue. <br />In terms of anime and T.V. shows, Naruto, Bleach, Kekkaishi, Psych, Burn Notice, Mythbusters, Family Guy, Attack of the Show, White Collar, Heroes. <br />In terms of movies, anything but Twilight, &quot;girly&quot; movies, high school &quot;dramas&quot;, horror movies (excluding zombie flicks). <br />In terms of fanfics, I only read stories with NS as the pairing or Naruharem fics with Sakura being part of it and nothing where Sakura or Naruto gets bashed constantly and killed like if they were animals.

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:44 PM

Why is this game so hyped if it's the same thing every time (it looks good and all but it's still the same)? If this was in third person it would have been a much more fun game but no it has to be in first person.
そして、あなたの声は私が聞いたすべてだった
しかし、私に値するものを手に入れる

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSaku, (Fem)NaruSaku, NaruSasu (as brothers, rivals, best friends), ShikaTema, NaruInoSaku, NaruHarem (excluding Hinata), MinaKushi, ChouIno, YahiKona
Fairy Tail: NatsuLucy, NatsuErza :D
Bleach: IchiRukia

Characters:
Naruto: Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru, Konan, Gaara, Kushina, Kakashi, Ino
Fairy Tail: Erza, Happy, Natsu, Grey, Lucy, Gajeel
Bleach: Ichigo, Nell, Kenpachi, Rukia, Karin, Kon

Misc.: Linkin Park, Green Day

In between Anti and Pro: --Click here to view--

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSakuHina, SakuHina, NaruTayu, KibaHina, SakuKarin
Bleach: IchiHime

Characters:
Naruto: Hinata, Tayuya, Karin, Itachi
Bleach: Orihime, Chad

Misc.: Yuri :D

Pairings:
Naruto: SasuSaku, NaruHina, NaruSasu (as gay lovers), KakaSaku, SasuAnyone, ShikaIno

Characters:
Naruto: Sasuke, Madara, "fanon" Hinata (not to be confused with canon Hinata), Kabuto
Bleach: Aizen, Yamamoto

Misc.:Twilight, Yaoi, Fillers, Sakura bashing

#25 jason voorhees

jason voorhees

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:53 PM

im going to my friends in 10 min to play Cant WAIT! ill give my opin when im done wink.gif

Edited by hypno toad, 13 November 2010 - 11:54 PM.

#26 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 01:13 AM

QUOTE (crazyefra @ Nov 14 2010, 12:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why is this game so hyped if it's the same thing every time (it looks good and all but it's still the same)? If this was in third person it would have been a much more fun game but no it has to be in first person.

This pretty much explain your question

While some statements in this video are exagerated, I believe in the main point of it: in games the most important factor on it is not ground breaking story, graphics or new elements, but the fact that the game is fun, so thats why every call of duty game is hyped, doesn't matter if you are a fan of the franchise or not, shooting the hell out of your enemies with fancy weapons is aways fun, and thats why this series is sucesuful, and yeah, I know, they also bad mouth call of duty in this video.

Edited by alexander, 14 November 2010 - 01:17 AM.

#27 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE (alexander @ Nov 13 2010, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This pretty much explain your question

While some statements in this video are exaggerated, I believe in the main point of it: in games the most important factor on it is not ground breaking story, graphics or new elements, but the fact that the game is fun, so thats why every call of duty game is hyped, doesn't matter if you are a fan of the franchise or not, shooting the hell out of your enemies with fancy weapons is aways fun, and thats why this series is successful, and yeah, I know, they also bad mouth call of duty in this video.

Games cannot be fun on the internet, that is a fundamental rule.

Example One: Hackers. Aimbotting and cheating are evident on every game that has an internet connection, one way or another.
Example Two: Kids thinking they're qualified to be administrators simply because they're made one. There's a big difference between qualified and evidently.
Example Three: Differing connections between every computer, coupled in with graphics differences, will allow one player to have an edge over another no matter what, thus destroying the word 'skill' in relation to an internet video-game.

The only reason I buy Call of Duty games is for the story, albeit little there is beyond yet another American shill propaganda operation. It does allow me to live my fantasy, of an invasion of the United States whereas Washington, D.C. burns and there is little to a damn we can do to stop those who are invading though, to be honest, the idea of the Russians invading us was mindblowingly unoriginal. Other than that, there is little reason for me to buy the games at all. The fanbase is childish, there's an unreasonable hatred of people with skill, every single player is incompetent, and the companies are run by blabber-headed preps who think 'MOAR EXPLOSIONS = BETTER PLOT'. If you kids can't fathom the idea of not giving your American flag a wank every ten seconds and listening to an actual story being developed, sod off. When the script for a game is made, it is in a book-like form, only it is transferred into audio format by voice-actors. Thus, YOU ARE PLAYING A BOOK YOU MORONS. Stop acting so high-and-mighty, Call of Duty fanboys; this is why I left the community long ago. You aren't skilled in any way, your games blow beyond proportion in terms of Multiplayer functionability ever since the first sodding game, and your stories are rejected themes to 'Captain America: See How Long We Can Stare At the American Flag In Emboss Without Climaxing', the hit T.V. Show on Propaganda R Us.

Oh, and thanks for linking to the Yahtzee rip-off; like I need to watch an American try and rip off Croshaw to make my day any more unfulfilled.

Edited by Kamina-Yoshi, 14 November 2010 - 02:47 AM.

#28 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:15 AM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Nov 14 2010, 02:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Example One: Hackers. Aimbotting and cheating are evident on every game that has an internet connection, one way or another.
Example Two: Kids thinking they're qualified to be administrators simply because they're made one. There's a big difference between qualified and evidently.
Example Three: Differing connections between every computer, coupled in with graphics differences, will allow one player to have an edge over another no matter what, thus destroying the word 'skill' in relation to an internet video-game.

The only reason I buy Call of Duty games is for the story, albeit little there is beyond yet another American shill propaganda operation. It does allow me to live my fantasy, of an invasion of the United States whereas Washington, D.C. burns and there is little to a damn we can do to stop those who are invading though, to be honest, the idea of the Russians invading us was mindblowingly unoriginal. Other than that, there is little reason for me to buy the games at all. The fanbase is childish, there's an unreasonable hatred of people with skill, every single player is incompetent, and the companies are run by blabber-headed preps who think 'MOAR EXPLOSIONS = BETTER PLOT'. If you kids can't fathom the idea of not giving your American flag a wank every ten seconds and listening to an actual story being developed, sod off. When the script for a game is made, it is in a book-like form, only it is transferred into audio format by voice-actors. Thus, YOU ARE PLAYING A BOOK YOU MORONS. Stop acting so high-and-mighty, Call of Duty fanboys; this is why I left the community long ago. You aren't skilled in any way, your games blow beyond proportion in terms of Multiplayer functionability ever since the first sodding game, and your stories are rejected themes to 'Captain America: See How Long We Can Stare At the American Flag In Emboss Without Climaxing', the hit T.V. Show on Propaganda R Us.

Oh, and thanks for linking to the Yahtzee rip-off; like I need to watch an American try and rip off Croshaw to make my day any more unfulfilled.

Well, I'm afraid that the way you treat games won't take you too far Kamina, you know how the game comunity is, part of the gamers are casual gamers that probaly won't even care about your opinion on the actual game industry now days because they just beat one game and move to another, so they don't really care, while the other portion of gamers are the fanboys that will consider your toughts an sacrilege and flame you to death. I aways consider all elements on games important, such as graphics, story and the fun factor. But now I don't understand what really can please you in a game Kamina, all you do is give negative reviews, say what kind of game you consider ground breaking, what would you recomend as an good game? And personally I find Pure Pwnage an very funny show, you should give it a try.

#29 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:26 AM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Nov 14 2010, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've had enough of this. Look Yoshi, everyone has a different idea of what they consider fun, instead of calling people morons for having fun in a game you hate, go do whatever it is that you do for fun (apart from trolling fanbases you dislike, it is just as childish as the fanbase you hate so much).

And the "games on internet cannot be fun" thing is absolute rubbish.

1. Yes, you will find aimbotting and other forms of cheating in some games on the PC, but if a server is administrated properly, they will get kicked and banned pretty quickly, and for all of the games I play, their are always a tonne of great servers to play on with good Admins. Also, this does not apply to consoles at all, I have never encountered any cheating on consoles

2. Yep, this is a pain, but like I said, their are always great servers to play on, just have to find them. This point also doesn't apply to consoles because they use a P2P matchmaking system where their are no admins.

3. This isn't true at all unless you are on a Dial-up connection, which are not useful for games at all these days. All you need is the minimum speed for a game, you won't get a huge advantage with a 100Mbit connection, I play with a pathetic 1.5Mbit connection and I do fairly well most games. The same goes for graphics differences, my friend has a pretty bad PC, yet he always finishes top 3, so again, all you really need is the minimum requirements. And one last thing, this point does not apply to consoles either, everyone you play against has the same console with the same hardware.

I am pretty much the opposite of you, I only play COD games for the MP. I do play the SP campaigns eventually, however they are all pretty bad when compared to almost every other story driven game I have played. Anyway, the point is, their is no reason to hate on an entire fanbase just because you don't like the game or if you have had bad experiences with them. Every game has it's good parts and bad parts, including the fans.

Now, as for the game itself, I think it's great so far. I am extremely glad they nerfed noob tubes and quickscopers. The only problem is that I play the PC version mainly, and they were/still kind of are screwed with a lot of frame rate issues and server side lag, but they are gradually fixing this with patches. Wager matches are epic fun though, my favourite is Gun Game since I used to play that heaps back in my Counter Strike days.

I am Level 35 at the moment, I mainly use the FAMAS assault rifle with the reflex attachment and the Lightweight, Hardened and Second Chance Pro perks. I also use the M16 occasionally, along with the MP5K, AK74U and Skorpion SMGs. For anyone else that has played some MP, what level are you? and what guns/attachments/perks do you guys use?

#30 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Mostly drawing, playing games and watching anime. Normal things, I think.

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:19 AM

The game isn't too bad. Treyarch did another wonderful job of utilizing existing technology and reformatting it to fit their theme. What was learned during Modern Warfare 2 was brought to the table for Black Ops. Vehicle segments, breaching, in game last stand, ect. everything you saw in Infinity Ward's game you'll likely see here with a few twists added in to develop Black Ops unique flavor. The campaign is a conspiracy fanboy's greatest dream dropped off into real historical events. From the Bay of Pigs invasion to the Tet Offensive in Vietnam, Black Ops feature a far richer fictional history then previous CoD games. (This does not include CoD4 and Modern Warfare 2 since both are in a fictional time line.) I've only experienced a few bugs in the single player ranging from being thrown halfway across the map from touching a vehicle to seeing Reznov climb up and down a staircase for 10 minutes. However where Black Ops really shines is a multiplayer experience that fixes a solid multiplayer from Modern Warfare 2. That being said you're not getting anything new, just like World at War before it, Black Ops is a clone of Modern Warfare 2. If you enjoy modern age weaponry then I would say stick with Modern Warfare 2, if you wanna try some weapons and maps you haven't seen before then by all means pick up Black Ops. I didn't really see any bugs in the multiplayer. The only problem is with the hit recognition, since I live on Guam if I'm fighting it out with someone from the mainland or Europe there's gonna be lag. It was my wish that Treyarch take a page out of Bungie's book and create a multiplayer where even people from across the world can duke it out without suffering this atrocity.

why yes. that is my adorable sister hugging a dakimura. got a problem?

#31 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:01 PM

Uhm so yeah I shot some zombies tonight. It was fun. I got stomped after round 5.
I'm a girl so all that stuff Zero talks about is a foreign language. happy.gif

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#32 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:46 PM

....Why all the big arguments? It's just a game in the end. What's fun for one person may not be fun for another person. Jeez, it's not a hard concept to understand.

#33 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:16 PM

It's simple logic if you don't like the game then simply don't buy it instead of flaming it. I know Black Ops is good but I'm not interested in buying it because the history doesn't follow Modern Warfare 2 that was a let down for me, looks like I will have to wait for MW3 to be release next year or at least I hope it does.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#34 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Nov 14 2010, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uhm so yeah I shot some zombies tonight. It was fun. I got stomped after round 5.
I'm a girl so all that stuff Zero talks about is a foreign language. happy.gif

w00t.gif Video games and fantasy football?

Do you has a sister my age? happy.gif

#35 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Mostly drawing, playing games and watching anime. Normal things, I think.

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:43 PM

whoa I thought this was the black ops thread. I just wanted to offer my review of the game. no thanks to this arguing bs.

#36 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:45 PM

There's only person who started this argument not the rest you're free to give your review and opinion as you please. happy.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#37 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:02 PM

Oh, and by the way, I love how you need to buy a super-computer for each and every game just to be able to play it on the lowest settings. Real efficient system you have there, guys. Valve only requires you have enough to run one of their games, and thus you can run them all efficiently. Call of Duty, on the other hand...

MASSIVE DERP.

Edited by Kamina-Yoshi, 14 November 2010 - 05:21 PM.

#38 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Nov 14 2010, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's simple logic if you don't like the game then simply don't buy it instead of flaming it. I know Black Ops is good but I'm not interested in buying it because the history doesn't follow Modern Warfare 2 that was a let down for me, looks like I will have to wait for MW3 to be release next year or at least I hope it does.

Uh........ you should've known from day 1 that it wouldn't follow MW2's story (an excuse of a story that was). Treyarch doesn't do sequel's to Activision's own games, they do sequels to their own iterations of COD.

MW2 had a piss poor story, at least MW1 kept me wanting to know more. So your excuse of not buying it should've been realized by day 1, not now.

And you're expecting MW3 next year? Good luck, the original team on the MW series has pretty much left Activision, and there's still legal conflict going on. It's likely MW3 won't be seen until late 2011 or 2012. It's only in "pre-production", and has been for a few months now.

#39 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:35 PM

Infinity Ward really took a hit when the team left. They wanted to do different games but the greedy a**holes at Activision just kept putting the pressure for more CoD games. I'm waiting to see if they form another studio like they did when they left EA after MoH.

#40 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (Zero BD @ Nov 14 2010, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Infinity Ward really took a hit when the team left. They wanted to do different games but the greedy a**holes at Activision just kept putting the pressure for more CoD games. I'm waiting to see if they form another studio like they did when they left EA after MoH.

I think the new studio is Respawn Entertainment, they're working with EA on their next game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users