• This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic

#21 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 18 April 2010 - 07:27 AM

Uh... that kind of doesn't make sense. Bleach 400 just came out. If this cry of being butthurt due to an outdated business model was a result of the congratulations, why would that 'We will prosecute lollerskates!' come out already? Wouldn't it be in next weeks issue? Or did they all scream to stop the presses so they could insert that little editorial comment?

I saw the tweet from Mangastream, but I still don't get it...

Edited by Paradox Jast, 18 April 2010 - 08:03 AM.

#22 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:29 AM

Well, the guy was apparently overenthusiastic and congratulated him in advance by accident when he SHOULD'VE did it on monday. Y'know, shueisha has a online reading site in english. It's called Ultra jump egg. It has a very good policy, they always take down the previous chapters after putting in the new one. One manga that's worth reading is probably Tekken.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#23 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Apr 18 2010, 02:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All of the Raws scans we get comes from the early jump subscribers in Japan, that get the issue before the store release so it was out in Japan. Kubo was curious seeing someone from another country with the Jap early subscribers raw. Which is still kind of stupid because all Kubo has to do, is use a search engine site and see were people from outher countries have the Jap raw scans/chapter before the store release.

But their search engines are very different than ours because of the different languages/grammar. You may say Kubo knows/reads/write some English and maybe using a search engine like Google but he's not that good because he has to actually knows the correct spelling/grammar of the English language. I remember when I had my Japanese class last semester, my teacher used his own language for his computer preferences, that's include the search engines for one of my lessons.

Many people doesn't use engines like Google, Bing or MSN because those are primary used and created by and for the US, even though they had multiple languages supported to the sites. Plus, I bet most of the mangaka like Kubo doesn't even heard of 4chan/2chan or whatever those imageboard sites are because they're busy with their work, ignoring the fact of the place where mostly all of the RAWs are uploaded.

And I believe that our main internet addresses are very different than other countries. Majority of the websites here won't show up in a search engine from a different country with a different language. Unless someone over there who is fluent in English, and actually has a QWERT-type keyboard, most standard Japanese users have a very different keyboards than us.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#24 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:47 AM

Good point Derock, I figured the layouts were about the same on the keyboard. I heard that Kubo was learning English in his spare time and someone posted on his twitter page a link to NF's SS Telegrams, so yeah this won't be good for him seeing spoilers/raw/chapter link to MS and also the negative remarks in some of the threads.

#25 The Max

The Max

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:49 AM

well read the OP but is this warning against copy of the chapter on the internet or against doujin and fanart that change the character behavior and the story feeling huh.gif

#26 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE (The Max @ Apr 18 2010, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well read the OP but is this warning against copy of the chapter on the internet or against doujin and fanart that change the character behavior and the story feeling huh.gif

Yup, it's the chapter being pirated online that's the issue.

#27 The Max

The Max

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:56 AM

but the chapter piracy online is just a copy it does'nt alter the way the author wanted the story to be read so i d'ont get it.

#28 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:05 AM

QUOTE (The Max @ Apr 18 2010, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but the chapter piracy online is just a copy it does'nt alter the way the author wanted the story to be read so i d'ont get it.

It's just like downloading music for free, you're suppose to pay for it. So that means mangas aren't supposed to be scanned online, since SJ don't have a website where you can buy it like MP3 songs or games. Which in this day and time they should but that still won't stop some from rehosting it for free.

Edited by Uzumakikage, 19 April 2010 - 03:08 AM.

#29 The Max

The Max

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:16 AM

well understand the whole issue with distributing someone else work over the internet

Im actually reading the manga online but i buy it when it come out in my part.

Nah i probably got confuse with all the "unjust copies" the text seem to repeat, copy or illegal copies would have been more fitting i guess.

#30 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:24 AM

QUOTE (The Max @ Apr 18 2010, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im actually reading the manga online but i buy it when it come out in my part.

That still isn't right, even though your buying one issue, the fact remains that your seeing the latest online for free.

So you could say "we're all guilty as charge". happy.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 19 April 2010 - 03:26 AM.

#31 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Apr 18 2010, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
most standard Japanese users have a very different keyboards than us.

Dear god, Derock.

Go to a Japanese airport web cafe. Live your true nightmares as you try to log into English sites with utter failure. I've never had so much trouble with a keyboard before.

QUOTE (The Max @ Apr 18 2010, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's still stealing. It's like people downloading music. The author doesn't see a cent of it once it's online for others to share and listen.

You're not altering it, sure. But you aren't paying for it either.

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Apr 18 2010, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's just like downloading music for free, you're suppose to pay for it. So that means mangas aren't supposed to be scanned online, since SJ don't have a website where you can buy it like MP3 songs or games. Which in this day and time they should but that still won't stop some from rehosting it for free.

Shonen Jump Website

No, they don't have to offer digital downloads like music providers. That would just have more piracy once the chapter is bought by someone and shared with a few hundred people. And they do have a website to order manga, but it'll be shipped to you, not to a computer.

Either way, it finds its way online.

With music and games, piracy is pretty damn easy. Buy it online, somebody cracks the DRM on it (If any) and uploads it to a direct download site.

How do you think PSP games get online? Either via UMDs or from the Sony Store via PSP. And then somebody dumps the files and uploads them.

#32 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

Now THAT is a Flame War!!!

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:29 AM

Meh. if they actually stop the manga from appearing online i'm definately gonna stop reading naruto....
In india you can't buy naruto mangas cause they dont release here. only a few mangas are available here.
that too all old stuff from the 90's. the newest manga i've seen was the gundam seed adaptation.

#33 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Apr 19 2010, 04:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear god, Derock.

Go to a Japanese airport web cafe. Live your true nightmares as you try to log into English sites with utter failure. I've never had so much trouble with a keyboard before.

I already did (on my own keyboard when I change it to Japanese). What a nightmare, trying to type a simple word in hiragana sleep.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#34 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Apr 18 2010, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That still isn't right, even though your buying one issue, the fact remains that your seeing the latest online for free.

So you could say "we're all guilty as charge". happy.gif

Yep, it's totally irrelevant that you buy it later on. You still download the pirated version and its still an unauthorized copy.

Nah i probably got confuse with all the "unjust copies" the text seem to repeat, copy or illegal copies would have been more fitting i guess.

What do you mean "unjust?" All copies not authorized by the copyright holder or a valid license holder are illegal. That's a bit simplistic, but it's the basic bottom line. Even if you bought the thing, if you scanned and posted it to a website you've still violated copyright law.

Also irrelevant.

#35 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:05 PM

Hmmm... spoilers of One Piece is out. I think we might be safe for a while..... If they've got them out, that means there's still a high chance of seeing the Big 3 around Wednesday~Friday as usual.

Edited by Newkerz, 19 April 2010 - 03:06 PM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#36 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Apr 19 2010, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmm... spoilers of One Piece is out. I think we might be safe for a while..... If they've got them out, that means there's still a high chance of seeing the Big 3 around Wednesday~Friday as usual.

Honestly, you're safe for a *very* 'long while'. You can't stop piracy, you can only *try* to limit it, but stopping it completely...no.

So, seriously stop worrying yourself so much about it.

#37 dokueki(venom)

dokueki(venom)

Winnie_Kay

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 04:43 PM

Well ever happens, happens. I'm just gonna go with flow. If it stops I'll just have to buy it but if it continues that be great.

#38 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:39 PM

So wait, you guys till say it is wrong if I see a copy online and then go out and buy the issue? I am sorry, but I disagree with that. An artist wants his work to be shown regardless if they get paid or not. Now I am all for getting paid, but if someone admires my work and then says "I am going to go out and buy it." That is a double win for me.

Whether it is manga or music, I believe David Draiman said it best when asked about Napster.

"Very positive about the internet, Napster. I think it's a tremendous tool for reaching many more people than we ever could without it. When you release music you want it to be heard by people. Artists really want to have their music heard. They want to have their creation heard by people. Nothing is going to do that better than Napster. I can't tell you how many kids have come up to me and said, "I downloaded a couple of tunes off Napster and I went out and bought the album." Or they say, "I went to come see you play." I don't really make money off of record sales anyway."

Okay, I understand that music and manga are two different mediums, but follow me for a second.

If I read a part of manga that has not been released yet HERE, then I believe I have full right to read it. When they release said book and chapter in a volume, then I will buy it and my conscious is clear.

See the thing is, the publisher doesn't really give a crap about the artist. They only care about the money. As soon as their revenue is down, they see it as a threat.

What if someone reads some spreads online and then say "Hey, I should buy the manga" then if there is a anime they will buy and watch the anime.

I have bought every manga there is up to date. So my conscious is clear.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#39 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 06:11 PM

I know it's wrong and everything but If really think about it, Piracy is what got the American and people from countries to find out about the Japanese/Chinese mangas in the first place way before Viz Media knew about it. Like GoNeKr@zY said, India still doesn't even have the manga yet.

A few years ago Kishi found out his manga was being pirated especially NF but decided not to do anything about it. I can understand Kubo getting mad though, although Viz gets the majority of the sales in the U.S. anyways.

Edited by Uzumakikage, 19 April 2010 - 06:12 PM.

#40 The Max

The Max

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Apr 19 2010, 09:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep, it's totally irrelevant that you buy it later on. You still download the pirated version and its still an unauthorized copy.

I understand the whole legal issue about it but this is more about a moral standpoint im not the same as people who read for free and have no intention of paying the author anything.

What do you mean "unjust?" All copies not authorized by the copyright holder or a valid license holder are illegal. That's a bit simplistic, but it's the basic bottom line. Even if you bought the thing, if you scanned and posted it to a website you've still violated copyright law.

I was talking about the translation should have used illlegal rather than unjust because i feel it make it strange to read.

Translation credits to cmertb

To all our readers
There are now many people unjustly posting copies of manga on the internet. These unjust copies are inconsistent with mangakas' feelings. They are also distorting the authors' intentions of "I want the work to be read this way". The actions of posting these unjust copies on the net, into which the mangakas have poured their hearts, are not only hurting mangakas in real life but are also against the law, even if done in a light-hearted manner. Every time we discover such "unjust copies", we talk to the mangaka and consider every possible countermeasure. But the number of inconsiderate people is great, and at present we cannot deal with all of them. We have a request for all our readers. The unjust internet copies are deeply hurting the manga culture, mangakas' rights, and even mangakas' souls. Please understand once again that all of that is against the law. Also, the mangakas and Shueisha will severely deal with any unjust copies found on the internet. We ask that our readers please continue to support us.

~Weekly Shounen Jump editorial department

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users