Close
Photo

Is Naruto the Last the worst movie?

• Please log in to reply
291 replies to this topic

Poll: Worst movie ever (65 member(s) have cast votes)

Worst movie

1. HELL YES IT IS!! (17 votes [26.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.15%

2. In my top 5 (7 votes [10.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.77%

3. Worst Naruto film (26 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

4. Ehh it was okay (2 votes [3.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.08%

5. Never seen it. (13 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#221 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 12 January 2016 - 11:13 PM

not my point, rocci, my point was it was hard being a yamcha fan because the dbz fanbase is now filled with nothing but tfs quoters who will look down on anyone who remotely, even USED to like yamcha in some form or another. they will ridicule and shun you and quote TFS like its the holy f ucking bible even though the begining of every episode they say "PLEASE SUPPORT THE OFFICIAL RELEASE"

Edited by Catra, 12 January 2016 - 11:14 PM.

#222 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 11:17 PM

The one thing I noticed about the newer works is the use of going back to dragon ball days or recapture some of those spirits. More DB comedy style, more interactions, and less serious. On one hand, that's nice. On the other hand, it lacks tension. I feel like he really shouldn't done the path he did. You know, power up frenzy. That's why it's cool with series that has no real power up, because they can be timeless. DB is struggling to create "danger," much like with Boruto at least.

Power up is unavoidable in shonen battle manga like db.
the character who get the most PU is goku and the saiyan.
The non saiyan is just side character. They will never have the same impact like goku or the saiyan.

And db is not the first one to do that too.

@catra
Isn't that a joke Chanel?
You don't need to take them seriously. I mean Yamcha is cool, but he's a side character like kuririn and tien.

Edited by rocci, 12 January 2016 - 11:20 PM.

#223 Catra

Catra

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 11:24 PM

@catra
You don't need to take them seriously.

tell that to them (the tfs fans)

#224 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 11:30 PM

Power up is unavoidable in shonen battle manga like db.
the character who get the most PU is goku and the saiyan.
The non saiyan is just side character. They will never have the same impact like goku or the saiyan.

And db is not the first one to do that too.

@catra
You don't need to take them seriously. I mean Yamcha is cool, but he's a side character like kuririn and tien.

I know but still. It was balance in DB. And of course it's not the only one. We have Naruto, except only Uchiha and any reincarnation tie in.

#225 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 11:39 PM

I know but still. It was balance in DB. And of course it's not the only one. We have Naruto, except only Uchiha and any reincarnation tie in.

I think the reason why it balance because it's an adventure or journey of goku. From the start Goku is powerful, but not that powerful. He need to climb to where he's through gradual step. I mean when he fight tien, he's pretty much on par with him but when he fight piccolo, goku become stronger and tien become what is piccolo this day.

Uchiha become like that because of the sasuke is naruto equal.
When you have character have the equal important with the hero, he/she will become important too along with their attribute.

In db, it's all about playing catch up and only saiyan who has the capability to catch up goku.

@catra
It kind of hard to deal with that kind of people.

#226 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 12:15 AM

the nh fans have always been blind praising hinata as a queen and hating sakura's tsundere trope personality i admit i use to hate sakura back then but i thought about other tsundere trope characters like helga from hey arnold lol so then i stopped hating her and really liked her character its to bad kishi gave into the blind idiots like a coward

And, hypocritically, they themselves probably have a tsundere or two from other anime that they like (usually because that tsundere also has boobs or is involved in a bunch of ecchi situations or something) who is just as "abusive" towards the male lead.

yeah when i first saw broly i was unimpressed. it was too long, broly didn't seem as impressive as cell and his reasons were meh. i liked coolers revenge, tree of might and history of trunks the best

Broly is basically just a Saiyan version of Kid Buu - nothing but mindless, uncontrolled power and destruction (somehow being driven to such insanity solely because of Baby Goku's crying...yeah...), which is boring when it comes to "character". It's why I liked Buu before he reverted back to being Kid Buu. I mean, who didn't love Buu, when trapped in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber with Gotenks and Piccolo, freaking out over the prospect of never being able to have any sweets again for the rest of eternity and then screaming a hole through time and space? XD   Such things made him a fun, but still extremely dangerous antagonist that did not require some sort of sob story in order to force us to be sympathetic towards him or anything.

2e5.gif

#227 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 12:37 AM

Yeah, which was fine that way. But you can't win everything.

#228 Catra

Catra

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 12:41 AM

poor piccolo. reduced to a forever nanny

#229 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 13 January 2016 - 01:17 PM

poor piccolo. reduced to a forever nanny

Well Piccolo might train Pan you never know at least I hope he does?

#230 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 01:21 PM

We should go back to topic and to do that, if The Last is the worst Naruto movie, that's equivalent to what DB movie?

#231 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 13 January 2016 - 01:50 PM

We should go back to topic and to do that, if The Last is the worst Naruto movie, that's equivalent to what DB movie?

Well The Last is the worst film that I have evver seen in my life and trust me I have seen some god awfulk kitten films in my time and The Last does not even fit into the so bad its good.

No The Last just well it sucks I would rather watch Twlight and that's saying something man.

#232 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 01:56 PM

Well The Last is the worst film that I have evver seen in my life and trust me I have seen some god awfulk kitten films in my time and The Last does not even fit into the so bad its good.

No The Last just well it sucks I would rather watch Twlight and that's saying something man.

So what that equivalent to which DB movie. Whether it's just as a bad or not, I'm basically asking the worst DB movie.

#233 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:05 PM

So what that equivalent to which DB movie. Whether it's just as a bad or not, I'm basically asking the worst DB movie.

Hmmmm worst DB movie I would have to say Bio Broly to me at least what about you?

#234 NeonRanger

NeonRanger

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Writing, Criminal Minds and other Drama television. I like anime/ manga too.

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:46 PM

Bio Broly, like what the crap, man. There was also the android 13 one, I don't hate it but I dislike it. 

Edited by NeonRanger, 13 January 2016 - 02:47 PM.

Hello, Hello, Hello!  :argh:

#235 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:53 PM

Bio Broly, like what the crap, man. There was also the android 13 one, I don't hate it but I dislike it. 

True that one to me just makes no sense and is so damn short as well, but I dislike that one too well apart from Goku getting punched in the kitten lol that was good as I wish it had been done to Naruto and Sasuke no kids then lol.

which we can all agree on would be a good thing.

#236 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 03:05 PM

Hmmmm worst DB movie I would have to say Bio Broly to me at least what about you?

As of now, same but the more I think about it, I feel like second Broly movie is actually worse. Bio Broly was like a cheap cash in by using his name while the second one is not only that but it's insultingly ridiculous. It's like if Orochimaru comes back and become good...wait...

Well, I have to see all of them and that's my plan.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 13 January 2016 - 03:05 PM.

#237 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 03:57 PM

As of now, same but the more I think about it, I feel like second Broly movie is actually worse. Bio Broly was like a cheap cash in by using his name while the second one is not only that but it's insultingly ridiculous. It's like if Orochimaru comes back and become good...wait...

Well, I have to see all of them and that's my plan.

True I mean I am rewatching pokemon film not sure on the worst of them all as with first films you can't blame them as its the first one that they have made.

But is I was to pick the best I would say pokemon 3 and pokemon the 8th and even number 5 for killing off a pokemon.

#238 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 04:10 PM

True I mean I am rewatching pokemon film not sure on the worst of them all as with first films you can't blame them as its the first one that they have made.

But is I was to pick the best I would say pokemon 3 and pokemon the 8th and even number 5 for killing off a pokemon.

I really want to like Pokemon the first movie, but that ending is what killed it for me. I want to see it in Japanese for perhaps making some dialogues seem more fitting. It was hammered in America version. Plus, it was dark, especially if they include that clones conversation scene. That was some dark stuff.

#239 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 04:17 PM

I really want to like Pokemon the first movie, but that ending is what killed it for me. I want to see it in Japanese for perhaps making some dialogues seem more fitting. It was hammered in America version. Plus, it was dark, especially if they include that clones conversation scene. That was some dark stuff.

I think it is a lot darker in the Japanese dub I mean Mew goes there to kill all the clones I think Linkara and sude and Jewairo did a review on that film and its dark in Japan.

with the ending while its true I will say at least they came up with a reason why they never mention it unlike the others, tears of like soundtrack was good but many are all 50/50 on that part saying Mewtwo should have brought Ash back to life.

#240 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 04:22 PM

I think it is a lot darker in the Japanese dub I mean Mew goes there to kill all the clones I think Linkara and sude and Jewairo did a review on that film and its dark in Japan.

with the ending while its true I will say at least they came up with a reason why they never mention it unlike the others, tears of like soundtrack was good but many are all 50/50 on that part saying Mewtwo should have brought Ash back to life.

It just seem out of nowhere for Ash to get revived like that. So many people booed in the theater. I know it's a kid film but coming from Disney and others, you really can't bs your way out. You have to take something of a risk and reasonably magical. Tears is not the answer, especially with no establishment that they can pull that stunt. If you're going to do Ash's sacrifice, yeah, Mewtwo being the one to save him would be a lot better and stronger for moral of the story. Instead, it's just really cheesy and for a kids film, it's saying a lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users