Close
Photo

anime pairing argument issue i need help with.....

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 04:14 PM

Apparently i got into an argument with a fellow taiora fan about what happened with the pairs from digimon. Now don't get me wrong i to ship taiora with all my heart but since the new anime might cause the confusion i wanted to tell the truth apprently that did not go so well with this taiora who was hoping there were going to be taiora moments in the new series.....

This how she ended the conversation so far.... 

More like the "director" randomly decided to make Sorato happen without basis and now because people are asking him about it he has to come up with moments to show that it didn't come from nowhere so he chose that one. Utter and complete bull. I do not believe him for a second. Digimon had a number of writers, not just this piece of snit. I'm not sure why you would care what one director's interpretation is anyway because he's wrong 

You do realize that that means basically you could be watching anything, some even could happen out of nowhere and then when it comes to interviews, just to look like a better writer, the writer would just pick some random moment that sounded legit and conveniently use it as "evidence" or "hint". That doesn't even prove that it was intended from the beginning anyway. I'm not sure why so many fans are looking at interviews for proof instead of just watching the series for themself

So in other words just ONE of the many writers had this idea and his head but didn't even tell the others because "it's a secret" and these cult of Sorato idiots actually believe that and are basing their whole pairing on what he told one of them on Twitter of all places? I'm starting to think even you must be a Sorato troll in disguise to believe all that nonsense. It's not even as if he were the only writer, he was just one of them and it was his personal interpretation

Im honestly offended that she would go and assume that im a sorato troll in disguise. I even told her about the legit evidence and most importantly the legit interview that came out to prove that evidence. what should i do?  :ermm: 

​So far i proved the evidence from the strangled by the red thread of fate in tv tropes, but she dismissed the evidence as nothing more than fan editing even though i said they had links to prove that  its not false rumor spreading around. And now that i used the interview evidence she claims that as nothing more than weak evidence and you should watch the show for more actual evidence.

Im starting to regret for starting this conversation in the first place...ironcly i told another taiora fan the same thing and she did not went aganist me and called me troll she even was ok with it. Although she to was upset about the news. 

Edited by rikakim94, 09 November 2014 - 04:27 PM.

#2 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 10:17 PM

You know what's REALLY hilarious? the Director said he always planned for MattXSora, but he never told anyone so they made Tai Sora ship tease in the original japanese script too which  was unfortunately exaggerated in the american dub. So if you think about it MattX Sora may be the intention but TaiXSora seems more preferable to many. Just caus something is cliche does'nt mean that it's a bad thing if handled properly. MattXSora made no sense, it was just seemingly looked like she fell for him cause he was a rising rock star which seems shallow. At least in the anime itself supposedly they get off screen development in drama cds and and other extended canon.

Edited by Phantom_999, 09 November 2014 - 10:26 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 11:01 PM

Tai/Sora will always be my Digimon OTP along with Ash/Misty from Pokemon, lol.

It's not just the hints, the characters Tai and Sora had a lot of chemistry between them, both being strong-willed, stubborn, and emotional.  (And Sora was a bit of a tsundere always calling him "stupid Tai" in the American dub. XD)

Matt/Sora is so kittening random, there was never any romantic hints until the last few episodes in the 2nd season, and it was pretty messed up considering they were the best friends of Tai, who obviously had feelings for Sora.  Remember when he cried after Sora got kidnapped in that one episode, beating himself up because he didn't save her?

I ship Taiora along with TK/Kari and hopefully the new anime still keeps the romantic tension between them, despite the dumb end pairing.  Who knows, maybe they might correct it? XD

#4 Geninja

Geninja

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 11:23 PM

You know what's REALLY hilarious? the Director said he always planned for MattXSora, but he never told anyone so they made Tai Sora ship tease in the original japanese script too which  was unfortunately exaggerated in the american dub. So if you think about it MattX Sora may be the intention but TaiXSora seems more preferable to many. Just caus something is cliche does'nt mean that it's a bad thing if handled properly. MattXSora made no sense, it was just seemingly looked like she fell for him cause he was a rising rock star which seems shallow. At least in the anime itself supposedly they get off screen development in drama cds and and other extended canon.

Well that's still no excuse for Takari not ending up together. I mean if any couple had build up it was them. 

Hopefully this new series can fix that little issue and have T.K and Kari end up together. Till this day we still don't know if they got together in the end or not. Their kids looked alike so maybe who knows. I hope they fix it.

Takari was in both versions and very obvious at that. His Masters Voice in Japan had Gatomon say basically that it was the power of love that allowed TK to go to the Dark Ocean world. Also in the original Kari does actually scream for Takeru last after Tai and Gatomon. I have no idea why the dub decided to change that to something for comic relief. It probably had to deal with the dark atmosphere but she does scream for T.K.

I mean hell there two songs in the drama CD Focus/Reflection are about each other. I mean geez even Azulongmon was basically saying the keepers of the crests of hope and light are essentially what balances the digital world. 

Also that interview that stupid ass Sorato fan likes to always bring up is from 2009, yet till this day she uses it for evidence against the crack pairings such as Takari. There's a reason this moron has people hating her. Takari is not a crack pairing it was probably the most hinted pairing in the freaking anime!

http://jippy-kandi.tumblr.com/

This is her account and just in the way she posts you can see how much of a condescending person she is.

Now be mindful my Digimon OTP was and still is Takari. I have no problem with Sorato or Taiora but this person really makes it hard to like Sorato.

Yes I hope this new series corrects the issues in 02. I hope that they ignore the epilogue or fix it because it was stupid and everybody hated it. I hope T.K/Kari can finally happen after 14 years and they KNOW how much people hated the epilogue. So hopefully now they have a chance to fix it.

Anyways yeah 

#5 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 12:21 AM

Well that's still no excuse for Takari not ending up together. I mean if any couple had build up it was them. 

Hopefully this new series can fix that little issue and have T.K and Kari end up together. Till this day we still don't know if they got together in the end or not. Their kids looked alike so maybe who knows. I hope they fix it.

Takari was in both versions and very obvious at that. His Masters Voice in Japan had Gatomon say basically that it was the power of love that allowed TK to go to the Dark Ocean world. Also in the original Kari does actually scream for Takeru last after Tai and Gatomon. I have no idea why the dub decided to change that to something for comic relief. It probably had to deal with the dark atmosphere but she does scream for T.K.

I mean hell there two songs in the drama CD Focus/Reflection are about each other. I mean geez even Azulongmon was basically saying the keepers of the crests of hope and light are essentially what balances the digital world. 

Also that interview that stupid ass Sorato fan likes to always bring up is from 2009, yet till this day she uses it for evidence against the crack pairings such as Takari. There's a reason this moron has people hating her. Takari is not a crack pairing it was probably the most hinted pairing in the freaking anime!

http://jippy-kandi.tumblr.com/

This is her account and just in the way she posts you can see how much of a condescending person she is.

Now be mindful my Digimon OTP was and still is Takari. I have no problem with Sorato or Taiora but this person really makes it hard to like Sorato.

Yes I hope this new series corrects the issues in 02. I hope that they ignore the epilogue or fix it because it was stupid and everybody hated it. I hope T.K/Kari can finally happen after 14 years and they KNOW how much people hated the epilogue. So hopefully now they have a chance to fix it.

Anyways yeah 

No offense but why would anyone seriously support Sorato?  I get if you're a Matt fangirl and would like to see him with Sora, but that's no reason to kitten all over Taiora which always had the superior development.  Don't be hating on the main couple just because you got lucky and your fan-made pairing actually became canon. XD

Everyone knows Sora liked Tai anyway.  Pretty messed up to want her getting with his best friend.

And yes, I also LOVE LOVE Takari! :love:   They even had matching Angel Digimon, those two were made for eachother. <3

#6 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 03:33 AM

Im gonna reply all of these arguments later but can you guys help me end the argument i had with this girl in a positive note? I really do not know how to end the argument without sounding untrustworthy..... :sweatdrop:

It sucks that i follow her on tumblr and she follows me back....so i don't want to lose a follower.

edited: This the way i ended the conversation. 

Listen... i apologize for letting this argument get out of hand. I really did not mean to pressure you from the interview evidence As for talking to you in general  i would not mind talking about other animes. Again i really apologize for this...

Im going to wait for the reply. I really did not know how to end the conversation in a better light so i answered like that.

She replied to me by saying this.

You don't have to apologize, I just don't understand why any Taiora fan would be willing to take the word of ONE writer on a team of writers as final proof that Sorato was intended from the beginning. The other Taioras I've spoken too have seen this interview but are unconvinced so I'm unsure why you're holding this out as some kind of confirmation of anything

I'm not attacking you and you can believe what you want but I genuinely don't understand why you would think this was really evidence of anything?? I've heard of this interview before you know, it's not the first time and it's never convinced me that anything Soratos say is really true. If you have a whole team of writers obviously one or two might have a different interpretation but that still proves Jack squat

​In all honesty i do not think she trust anything about this issue. she thinks that just because one person "the diractors"  intention for sorato doesn't prove anything she also takes other writers into consideration.

Edited by rikakim94, 18 November 2014 - 02:05 AM.

#7 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:10 AM

Okay So here's a kicker. the Sora and Matt hints were toned down in the american dub, and the Tai and Sora hints were upped cause one of the writers on board said he preferred TaiXSora.

[post='http://tvtropes.org/...dByTheRedString'][/post

[post='http://tvtropes.org/...t/AnimeAndManga'][/post]

[post='http://jippy-kandi.t...-vs-english-dub'][/post]

Not sure if it helps but......... anyway here's the interesting part. The Japanese version hints that Sora DOES in fact have a crush on Taichi but it was onesided and he never realized it, so She moved on and became closer Yamato

Me personally, I 'm not mad at MattXSoara happening anymore. I'm more annoyed that the dub did such distortions to sucker me into Taiora. 0__0 By that I mean to downplay MattXSora in the manner that they did and make Tai look oversympathetic like he had a crush on Sora but never had a chance. Although the Japanese appeal to Taiora is that They show such strong friendship in the original as well (read the bottom) All in All I'm still a Taiora fan, just not a vocal one nor am I fussing again as to what happened. It's just that calling Matt Sora "not cliche" is a bit contradictory in that they are also cliche like Jenskott said, just not a over represented in the later 20th-21st century    

Edited by Phantom_999, 15 December 2014 - 09:33 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users