Close
Photo

The Great Naruto Discussion Thread

naruto wtf discuss

• Please log in to reply
31572 replies to this topic

#28041 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 07:41 AM

And you know what their prime justification of the crack pairing that is NH happening in a movie is? Naruto is not a romance manga. :lmao:

Really you gotta laugh at the hypocrisy of it all. since they dont give a damn about anything but Hinata winning Narutos heart and treated every interaction between the two as them flirting and blushing around each other and how they were making plans to get married and have a dozen kids. :zaru:

Double irony, romantic moments between Naruto and Sakura are brushed off as platonic and again they use the is not a romance genre excuse

Which is why the ending pisses me off more than anything else in the long run, dude.

#28042 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 09:11 AM

Oh yeah, he does. Well since such importance is placed on family techniques to identify one as their parents child and obviously Hinata never have a $#!& as to what Bolt was learning and using, why not? :zaru:

It depends. A lot of Bolt's moves early on (before chunin exam in them manga/movie) are Naruto's; shadow clone, sexy, and so on. but he didn't learn the rasengan from him instead he learned from Konohamaru; which was a caveat for Sasuke to train him. During the chunin exam he quickly figured out Bolt was cheating because he was displaying abilities he never taught him, nor Hinata who he asked if she did. Hinata did teach him as well but she in the movies never taught him the gentle fist moves nor anything he was displaying either.

Even in the anime, Naruto knew enough about Bolt's training to know he never took any training to see if he had the byakugan by the first arc.

Sasuke started teaching him during the chunin exam so afterward in the manga he started using elemental attacks as well as those werid kunia throwing move Sasuke sometimes uses.

That largely in the manga/movie though...in the anime he knows everything except the rasengan before even entering the academy because that's a plot point in the movie the can't retcon...and apparently the sexy jutsu; so, they can show he is better than Naruto by being more mature.

#28043 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:20 AM

Oh yeah, I know. But as you will recall, the anime kept beating the audience over the head that Sarada is Sasuke and Sakura's daughter because she has the sharingan and the super strength. I'm just exaggerating but still making fun of that logic and how everyone deems it to be so important that it be known Sarada is their child because she inherited Sasuke's genes and Sakura's signature move/attribute which she learned from someone out side her family BTW :yes:

Edited by Phantom_999, 31 October 2019 - 04:53 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#28044 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 30 October 2019 - 11:29 AM

tumblr_oec8f8lZ6x1vdt2vco1_400.gif
:hehehe:

Actually I mean if he turned into a hot female version of himself like with naruko

#28045 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 08:08 PM

It is because American fanbase had a preference to Hinata thought, "it would be nice if she got together with Naruto," and made it an obsession. The otaku in SP also had that obsession. To them, Hinata winning in the end was the greatest triumph that they...I mean the story were working towards for years. To everyone everywhere else, it was one of the most bizarre turns that ever happened in a IP that big; which completely damage the IP.

It really is something, isn't it? I mean, people often compare it to Dragonball but the Buu saga didn't kill the franchise. GT didn't kill the franchise (just gave it a temporary ending). Evolution was so horrible it brought the franchise back in order to avenge itself. But Dragonball keeps going and keeps reaching new audiences to this day. Naruto went downhill post-Pein, killed itself with it's ending, desecrated it's own corpse with The Last and now what's left is a shambling zombie desperate for attention.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#28046 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 30 October 2019 - 08:18 PM

I ended up reading the thread. Oh gosh. REALLY???
They're making it as if Hinata was always friends with Naruto and Sakura and Hinata "protects" Naruto from Sakura punching him?
:sick:  :sick:  :sick: 

I'm not surprised. Their only audience is NHards anyways...but it's still infuriating. 

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#28047 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 30 October 2019 - 09:31 PM

They're making it as if Hinata was always friends with Naruto and Sakura and Hinata "protects" Naruto from Sakura punching him? :sick:  :sick:  :sick: 
I'm not surprised. Their only audience is NHards anyways...but it's still infuriating.

They would think that but go back in the Manga and anime cause she's not there mostly each time and when she is she stands there shocked.

#28048 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:16 PM

They're making it as if Hinata was always friends with Naruto and Sakura and Hinata "protects" Naruto from Sakura punching him?

No-no. There are Still Sasusaku's :zaru:

"Oh kitten people are angry that these pairings don't have enough developement....lets change pre-established canon and then they can't complain!!...Oh kitten they are complaining we changed canon...." 

What's alarming is that people seem to completely/purposely ignore the fact that the romance sub-plot for this series is all about the Team 7 love triangle. It's so tiring that people seem to lack basic reading comprehension skills. All of the secondary characters who had one-sided feelings (Hinata, Ino/Karin, Lee etc.) for the main characters were meant to remain one-sided, and they did throughout the series. The love interest for Naruto was literally established from the earliest of chapters. Yet, there are people to this day that will argue against this. Naruto's love interest was Sakura, Sakura's love interest was Sasuke, Sasuke...well he was about revenge at that time. 

Anything outside of the love triangle had no substance and/or no development. Plain and simple. For one, they're secondary characters who aren't as essential to the plot and of course, they have their own character developments and naturally don't interact with the main characters as as much (ex. different teams accompanying team 7 throughout shippuden). Even if that were to happen, it would change the structure of the story. Characters have their designated spaces and roles. 

I was watching Friends recently and I read somewhere that Chandler was originally meant to be a side-character, and had they followed through with that, he wouldn't have gotten together with Monica because there would literally be no opporutinity fpr that to happen. You can't have someone who is a side-character get together with one of the main character's as they would only pop-in once in a while, do their part as required, then leave. No constant presence in story = no interaction with the main character = not even the opportunity for development. Common sense? Yes, but more importantly, literal story structure. 

It's so unfortunate what has happened to this series, the characters...everything. People who don't understand will say "a pairing choice can't ruin the series" etc. Erm, yes it can. And it damn well did. Naruto already had a very well established romance sub-plot throughout the series. The protaginist's love interest was clearly stated and showcased several, several times throughout the manga. So yes, a pairing choice can ruin a series. To go against what was written and developed throughout the entire story means you have to take drastic measures to erase and reverse everything. This is exactly what happened with the Naruto series. The very fact that this ending and movie had to happen for NH to occur proves it. Reminder that Naruto is not a shojo either, so for them to have to go to such extremes to make NH & SS happen proves that there was a hefty amount of undoing and erasing to do. 

The ending literally switched, shifted and relegated character positions (Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura etc.) to benefit a secondary character who has no immediate importance to the protaganist. This isn't a diss to Hinata either of course, it's a simple fact. We had a whole movie about this secondary character that told the story of how she won the heart of the protagonist. Sakura was relegated to Hinata's status temporarily, despite being the female lead of the series. Hinata's character even did a 180 temporarily; they changed her looks, changed her hair colour, eye colour, changed her clothes (dressed like RTN Hinata). 

It's really disgusting to see all this happening and still see people defending it. There's nothing to defend and the evidence shows. It shouldn't even be up for debate as it's plain fact, but hey, people will still try to spin it and deny plain evidence anyways. Mess. 

The need to pair the spares is really aggravating. Like the whole Ino/Sai thing is just weird. Its almost as bad as Sasusaku imo. And I actually like Sai. 
The whole sub--plot that was supposed to mirror Jiraiya, Tsunade and Orochimaru? Or the one that was supposed to mirror Kakashi, Rin and Obito? Or the one meant to parallel MinaKushi? RED-HERRINGS!  :twitch: endless kittening chapters of parallels and subtext, just a false trail, meanwhile the real endgame were the pairings that were consistantly shown as onesided and/or toxic. 

Hinata did a 180 because she had to steal from Sakura to even catch Naruto's eye :zaru: 

Edited by Tsuki Hoshino, 30 October 2019 - 10:22 PM.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#28049 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:52 PM

Yes. Although to say that they pulled a retcon to make Hinata always friends with Naruto is pushing it, but they still made her politely ask Sakura to stop hitting Naruto so there you go, ruining even the early days of the franchise. I swear, the number of remaining "original fans" must be dropping like countless flies at this point. Juicy news though, Apparently Toonami removed Boruto completely from their showtimes

Edited by Phantom_999, 09 November 2019 - 02:25 AM.

#28050 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 12:01 AM

People always complained Jojo was killing Toonami, at least when Gundam isn't on, yet they replace Boruto with it. Nice.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#28051 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 02:21 AM

Yes. Although to say that the pulled a retcon to make Hinata always friends with Naruto is pushing it, but they still made her politely ask Sakura to stop hitting Naruto so there you go, ruining even the early days of the franchise. I swear, the number of remaining "original fans" must be dropping like countless flies at this point. Juicy news though, Apparently Toonami removed Boruto completely from their showtimes

At this point the manga means nothing thanks to this time travel arc.

#28052 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 02:28 AM

At this point the manga means nothing thanks to this time travel arc.

you would think so yet there are a good portion of nh fans still demanding any naruto reactors on youtube only react to canon episodes  :sweat:

#28053 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 03:25 AM

It really is something, isn't it? I mean, people often compare it to Dragonball but the Buu saga didn't kill the franchise. GT didn't kill the franchise (just gave it a temporary ending). Evolution was so horrible it brought the franchise back in order to avenge itself. But Dragonball keeps going and keeps reaching new audiences to this day. Naruto went downhill post-Pein, killed itself with it's ending, desecrated it's own corpse with The Last and now what's left is a shambling zombie desperate for attention.

Buu was more a sign that Toriyama was running out of ideas and needed to take a break. It still ended on a high note despite the problems within the arc. GT had interesting ideas that were poorly handled, but even if people hated it; they could just ignore it because Toriyama wasn't directly involved. This allowed both Toriyama and Dragonball to come back after Evolution with much jubilation from its supporters.

As for Naruto. The ending confusing people at the very least, and came off as abrupt and unsatisfactory; unless one only cared about who ended up with who? The Last destroyed the series by showing they abandon everything for Hinata. Boruto has the worst of all world since Kishimoto was involved so it canon, but he made it pretty clear he is done with the IP and has to be dragged into doing anything for it. People don't know if the anime is canon or filler. The manga is...

People always complained Jojo was killing Toonami, at least when Gundam isn't on, yet they replace Boruto with it. Nice.

The first JoJo anime Phantom Blood is ok/good but not impressive enough with the amount of hype people give to the franchise. They have now started dubbing the four(?)/fifth(?) story allowing to show its... variety. Boruto on the other hand is too much like a Modern Western Cartoon. One of the major appeal points of Anime is that it is different from cartoons. Most cartoons are slice of life comedy sitcoms with very little suspenseful actions; especially in recent years. Boruto is a sequel, focuses on more slice of life living in the ninja village, lighter as well as more comedic, very little action, the action that they do have is undermined by the fact that they antagonist are not really much of a threat to the main cast, very little character development that sticks, and so on. Honestly, even if anime was on prime time now a days Boruto would have eventually been pulled off because it wouldn't be able to pull in more of an audience than what Cartoon Network to make on their own.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 31 October 2019 - 04:24 AM.

#28054 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 31 October 2019 - 04:39 AM

Hard to say it's not clear what's canon now , but if it's the anime yes it's after that I think.

Now ones thing for sure, Naruto and Sakura's feelings towards are genuinely romantic that it has been kept in the dark far too long. Seems like the creators could not come up with anything to resolve their feelings only to keep them at a distance as if they were strangers. All this is thanks to Kishi's input in an interview that was documented in the Narurto: The Last Film black pamphlet, which was mistranslated by Organic Dinosuar  :lmao:  

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#28055 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 11:07 AM

Whaaaaatt?? Sakura hitting Naruto because he perform sexy jutsu in public like old times and then Hinata said to her stop hitting my scumbag husband??? . Excuse me .... where the F are ya when your scumbag husband got bullied and ignored in the academy ?? Making love with a trees and walls while seeing him suffer ?? (What i'm imagine is remembering Naruto in the swing alone or he got bullied by the villager and got ignored and Hinata masturbate using a tree or edges of wall with yandere smile while looking at him suffer).

Edited by Yyubie, 31 October 2019 - 11:11 AM.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#28056 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 11:10 AM

Whaaaaatt?? Sakura hitting Naruto because he perform sexy jutsu in public like old times and then Hinata said to her stop hitting my scumbag husband??? . Excuse me .... where the F are ya when your scumbag husband got bullied and ignored in the academy ?? Making love with a trees and walls while seeing him suffer ??

I always wanted to use this:

tenor.gif

That's Hinata right there. XD

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#28057 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 12:26 PM

Next thing you see will be Naruto peeking on girls and Hinata defending that too. :zaru:

#28058 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 04:55 PM

If she’s not crying about him not looking at her that is. :zaru:

#28059 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 06:45 PM

you would think so yet there are a good portion of nh fans still demanding any naruto reactors on youtube only react to canon episodes  :sweat:

Huh?. 

Now ones thing for sure, Naruto and Sakura's feelings towards are genuinely romantic that it has been kept in the dark far too long. Seems like the creators could not come up with anything to resolve their feelings only to keep them at a distance as if they were strangers. All this is thanks to Kishi's input in an interview that was documented in the Narurto: The Last Film black pamphlet, which was mistranslated by Organic Dinosuar  :lmao:

really is that true.

Next thing you see will be Naruto peeking on girls and Hinata defending that too. :zaru:

further proving in hinata mind Naruto can do no wrong. Heck Naruto could go crazy like jack in the shining and no one would care everyone still would say there meant to be,

Edited by VanitasDS76491, 31 October 2019 - 08:28 PM.

#28060 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 03:57 AM

I could agree that a lot of Naruhina comes from Sasusakus trying to pair the spares, but SS is still deeply toxic and unsettling in ways NH isnt.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users