BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:27 PM

For those that are fans of Rurouni Kenshin will probably be pleased to know that the new manga  Rurouni Kenshin: Hokkaido Arc has just been released on mangastream so those wanting to see the further further adventures of Himura Kenshin, Kamiya Kaoru, Myōjin Yahiko,  Kenshin's son Himura Kenji and and three new characters check out here: http://mangastream.c...in_hokkaido_arc

#2 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:48 PM

YO!  That was amazing!

I was completely fine with how Rurouni Kenshin ended, but reading this chapter was just true greatness. Almost feels like the series never left, and I'm definitely going to be keeping this on my radar for the monthly releases. 

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#3 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 11:49 PM

I thought Kenshin was supposed to be crippled at this point. Oh well no problem I'm just happy this series is continuing :yes:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#4 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:17 AM

For those that are fans of Rurouni Kenshin will probably be pleased to know that the new manga  Rurouni Kenshin: Hokkaido Arc has just been released on mangastream so those wanting to see the further further adventures of Himura Kenshin, Kamiya Kaoru, Myōjin Yahiko,  Kenshin's son Himura Kenji and and three new characters check out here: http://mangastream.c...in_hokkaido_arc

Definitely a million times way better than Boruto.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#5 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:53 AM

Now this is a sequel!

I read this and the Akittenaro chapters, they are good (although Akittenaro reminded me of Xiba from Soul Calibur V). *Whoa, the system won't allow me to spell the new character's name correctly...*

It followed correctly to the original series, added some background and new cast that are interesting. This is one series that doesn't show any favoritism and bias for a certain character(s). If something like this have had happened when the ending was near and Kishimoto stick to his stuff, instead of listening to editors who doesn't know what to do, Naruto could've been OK for these cash-cow type situations.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#6 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:12 PM

That was great!! So the next chapter is in november? Is there a month break?

ナルサク

#7 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:05 PM

Kishimoto should take notes from this author this is how you write a good sequel to one of the best mangas ever. I love everything of the new manga. 

-The new characters are refreshing and I can't wait until they get the proper development especially Akittenaro who is probably the next Shishio but will become a good guy I like that he has his old sword and can do his techniques. This one character is the one I'm looking forward the most to see his development in the story. Because he's probably the reincarnation of Shishio and it will be a future reflection of what would have become of Shishio if he had chosen to become a good guy instead. Anyway I love the parallel between him and Akittenaro. 

-So Kaoru's father is alive? What a twist I'm so happy that we'll get to see him. I was always curious and wanted to know what kind of man he is.. 

-Saito confirmed in the end of the chapter of course the story wouldn't be the same without the wolf of Nibu. Looking forward to see the reunion with his old nemesis from the Kyoto era. 

-Sanosuke went to America? That's very interesting to know. I do hope we get to see him and find out what he's been up to during the time skip. I wonder if it has something to do with Megumi  :hehehe: I have always ship these two because they look good together. 

-Kenji is adorable as always. 

-So it's been six years since the Jinchuu Arc and Kaoru and Kenhsin got married. That means Kaoru is 23, Kenshin is 34, Yahiko is 16 the same with Sasame and Sanosuke must be around 21. 

I can imagine what would have happened if the author would have pulled a Kishimoto? Kenshin and Kaoru the pairing which was developed since the beginning of the manga and the author has given plenty of hints that they were going to get together in the end. Can you imagine what would be if Kenshin got together with Megumi instead and Kaoru with Sanosuke?  :wot: It would be a hilarious piece of kitten if it has happened. I'm just happy to know the author isn't an incompetent writer who always listens to his editors. Like I said before this sequel is a million times way better than Boruto.

Kishimoto please take notes from this.  

Edited by Gravenimage, 17 September 2017 - 06:20 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#8 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:16 PM

This is solid. Thanks for the info.

What keeps this series a good read is Nobuhiro Watsuki's (the author) ability to treat its fans. I recall that he keep saying the story theme about atonement and romance consistently. It's been over than 20 years since it's first published (in '94?). To give you perspectives, the whole Kenshin manga sold 70 over million for 28 volumes over 5 years. That's quite a feat.

Btw, I watched the live-action movies at the theaters. Although it's a bit cheesy, but they did a lot of effort putting it into a good ones --considering what we got with other anime-adaptation movies. Kudos to the producers.

I'll probably buy the volumes once it's published here.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#9 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:50 PM

-The new characters are refreshing and I can't wait until they get the proper development especially Akittenaro who is probably the next Shishio but will become a good guy I like that he has his old sword and can do his techniques. This one character is the one I'm looking forward the most to see his development in the story. Because he's probably the reincarnation of Shishio and it will be a future reflection of what would have become of Shishio if he had chosen to become a good guy instead. Anyway I love the parallel between him and Akittenaro. 

-So Kaoru's father is alive? What a twist I'm so happy that we'll get to see him. I was always curious and wanted to know what kind of man he is.. 

-Saito confirmed in the end of the chapter of course the story wouldn't be the same without the wolf of Nibu. Looking forward to see the reunion with his old nemesis from the Kyoto era. 

-Sanosuke went to America? That's very interesting to know. I do hope we get to see him and find out what he's been up to during the time skip. I wonder if it has something to do with Megumi  :hehehe: I have always ship these two because they look good together. 

-Kenji is adorable as always. 

-So it's been six years since the Jinchuu Arc and Kaoru and Kenhsin got married. That means Kaoru is 23, Kenshin is 34, Yahiko is 16 the same with Sasame and Sanosuke must be around 21. 

I can imagine what would have happened if the author would have pulled a Kishimoto? Kenshin and Kaoru the pairing which was developed since the beginning of the manga and the author has given plenty of hints that they were going to get together in the end. Can you imagine what would be if Kenshin got together with Megumi instead and Kaoru with Sanosuke?  :wot: It would be a hilarious piece of kitten if it has happened. I'm just happy to know the author isn't an incompetent writer who always listens to his editors. Like I said before this sequel is a million times way better than Boruto.

Kishimoto please takes notes from this.  

*Note, since the system want to be crazy with the filter, I gonna talk to Smiter to update it so we can type the new character's correctly. For now, he's going to known as Taro for a hot minute.* Strange that the new characters' names start with the later A

Hokkaido

latest?cb=20140126021943

#10 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 17 September 2017 - 05:01 PM

I wonder if they will re-adapt the anime and then animate this manga if it's popular enough?

#11 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 06:28 PM

I wonder if they will re-adapt the anime and then animate this manga if it's popular enough?

Trust me they will the new manga will definitely sell and it will be a hit in Japan. Hardcore Kenshin fans will love it. 

Derock@ lol Kaoru's father does look like Isshin from Bleach. :lol:

Also I agreed with you Derock I want a reunion with the Kenshin gang. I'm sure the author has already thought of how they will reunite. 

Edited by Gravenimage, 17 September 2017 - 06:30 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#12 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:00 PM

I just realized something since we're about to head to Hokkaido. Since I know Watsuki is a huge Samurai Shodown fan, as he did the designs for the new characters for 5, I wonder if we get an Ainu character in a manga similar or inspired from Nakoruru and/or Rimururu, hell, I will add Rera, Nakoruru's alter ego.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#13 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:07 PM

I thought Kenshin was supposed to be crippled at this point. Oh well no problem I'm just happy this series is continuing :yes:

He isn't necessarily crippled. Megumi told him that as long as he doesn't do anything too strenuous, he can still practice kenjutsu. But she warned that if he continues to push his body like he did against Shishio and Enishi by performing high-level Hiten Mitsurugi techniques like the Amakakeru Ryu No Hirameki,  his muscles will eventually atrophy to the point where he won't be able to hold a sword again. However, as long as he isn't straining his body by performing Hiten on regular basis, she speculated that it would take years before his body reached this point(so long as he takes it easy).

Edited by Kagomaru, 19 September 2017 - 07:56 PM.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#14 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:43 AM

Ah right thanks for the clarification. :smile:  But you know, ince this IS a sequel you can BET he WILL have to strain his body again. maybe :hehehe:

#15 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:58 AM

Ah right thanks for the clarification. :smile:  But you know, ince this IS a sequel you can BET he WILL have to strain his body again. maybe :hehehe:

Given the amount of foreshadowing that we've gotten from this chapter alone, heck yeah.

#16 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:04 AM

Given the amount of foreshadowing that we've gotten from this chapter alone, heck yeah.

I really hope Kenshin doesn't pushes his body too much. He's well aware he can't push himself anymore. 

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#17 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:17 PM

I really hope Kenshin doesn't pushes his body too much. He's well aware he can't push himself anymore. 

Me either.  Hopefully, he isn't fighting against someone who's close to Saito, Enishi or Shishio's level.  

#18 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:39 PM

*Note, since the system want to be crazy with the filter, I gonna talk to Smiter to update it so we can type the new character's correctly. For now, he's going to known as Taro for a hot minute.* Strange that the new characters' names start with the later A

Hokkaido

A few things to note about this sequel:

- This Hokkaido arc is co-written by Watsuki's wife Kaoru Kurosaki, whom Kaoru is named after. (I've long suspected that RK's romance was mostly done by his wife, which is why it's so well done.)
- The Kamiya patriarch looking a lot like Isshin might be somewhat intentional. It's also a two-fold joke since he and Watsuki's wife share the same name.
- I feel like Yahiko and Taro might become closer to Kenshin and Saito in terms of their relationship. Taro might be the guy who has Yahiko's back and is willing to get dirty with blood.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#19 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 02:08 PM

I just realized something since we're about to head to Hokkaido. Since I know Watsuki is a huge Samurai Shodown fan, as he did the designs for the new characters for 5, I wonder if we get an Ainu character in a manga similar or inspired from Nakoruru and/or Rimururu, hell, I will add Rera, Nakoruru's alter ego.

There is a popular manga about Ainu right now  :th_yeah:

#20 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 09:27 PM

Hokkaido

I Want Asahi to be Taro's Waifu!!!!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :D I mean I SEE a bit of Yumi in her :hehehe:

Edited by Phantom_999, 23 September 2017 - 09:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users