5 replies to this topic

#1 Hefster

Hefster

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:06 AM

I don't know if we have any Australians here but... my heart goes out to you, well only a little.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

You can find me here on FF.net.

Each topic brought to you with at least 1 spelling error.

#2 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 06 February 2009 - 07:40 AM

... Are they serious? I mean, they can't be, can they? God, this is just so stupid. Every time I turn around, some government idiot somewhere is trying to screw over video games.

Pixels aren't evil! Get it through your heads!

#3 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:31 PM

We do have some Aussies in here... (I'm not one)

But... this is one of those issues when hackers and illegal gamers will be in trouble. No wonder, why I heard when Sonic Chronicles before it came out in the US, the Aussies got their version and pirated it a minute later.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#4 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:38 AM

Yeah this is normal for australia, our gaming laws are retarded, we dont have a 18+ classification for gaming, so alot of games get banned or have to have content toned down/removed so it can get our highest rating which is MA15+.

#5 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:22 PM

One question: Why?

#6 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:35 PM

There are a lot of countries that are a little slow on the uptake. (No offense to anyone living in those countries.)

The way many governments and cultures view a lot of things are different across the world. In most of Europe, nudity is fine, but violence is forbidden. In the US, it's the other way around. In Japan, you can have both (but sometimes it needs to be fuzzed up a bit).

Give it time. The laws and rules of a generation are generally based upon a majority view of the previous generation. Everything changes eventually. For better or for worse, depends on how much of a religious extremist the people in charge are. tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users