Close
Photo

Which (current) gaming console is the BEST?!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Video Game Systems (33 member(s) have cast votes)

Which (current) system is the best?

1. Nintendo Wii (4 votes [12.12%])

Percentage of vote: 12.12%

2. Nintendo Gamecube (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Nintendo DS (includes ports and remakes) (1 votes [3.03%])

Percentage of vote: 3.03%

4. Nintendo Game Boy Advance (includes ports and remakes) (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Microsoft XBox (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Microsoft XBox 360 (16 votes [48.48%])

Percentage of vote: 48.48%

7. Microsoft PC (2 votes [6.06%])

Percentage of vote: 6.06%

8. Sony Playstation 2 (4 votes [12.12%])

Percentage of vote: 12.12%

9. Sony Playstation 3 (5 votes [15.15%])

Percentage of vote: 15.15%

10. Sony Playstation Portable (1 votes [3.03%])

Percentage of vote: 3.03%

Vote

#41 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:52 AM

I quite agree with Cloud here, games such as Uncharted, MGS4 (especially MGS4), and Resistance had wonderful depth interwoven into their storylines, it's not all just fancy graphics and on-line gaming.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 09 January 2009 - 12:52 AM.

#42 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jan 8 2009, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I quite agree with Cloud here, games such as Uncharted, MGS4 (especially MGS4), and Resistance had wonderful depth interwoven into their storylines, it's not all just fancy graphics and on-line gaming.

heck MGO isnt great but MGS4 still owned. Online isnt necessary for all games to be great, but it sure adds more playing time. If it wasnt for online, you'd just toss all your games on the shelf and never play em again. it gives you more bang for your buck, whem you pay $60, you better get your moneys worth

#43 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (Illmatic @ Jan 8 2009, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
heck MGO isnt great but MGS4 still owned. Online isnt necessary for all games to be great, but it sure adds more playing time. If it wasnt for online, you'd just toss all your games on the shelf and never play em again. it gives you more bang for your buck, whem you pay $60, you better get your moneys worth

I disagree, I've played a lot of games with only single player that have replay value.

#44 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:11 AM

Yeah, hated MGO too, Ill....

#45 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (Kyuudaime @ Jan 8 2009, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I disagree, I've played a lot of games with only single player that have replay value.

my bad i meant most but whatever tongue.gif no big deal

Yeah, hated MGO too, Ill....

I expected more from it, oh well at least the singleplayer delivered happy.gif

Edited by Illmatic, 09 January 2009 - 01:16 AM.

#46 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:34 AM

I'm shocked to realise that I own (or have owned) all the consoles on the list... XD;;; (sold the original Xbox some years back)

As someone who owns all three current generation consoles (enough with the "next gen" marketing speak!), the best console - in my honest opinion - is...

The Xbox 360.

I strongly feel that the 360 has really nailed it for me. A great and varied selection of games, good support, the NXE, and simply the best online experience. All of my favourite games are on this system - PGR4, Fable II, Fallout 3, and Bioshock. I'm also really excited about Street Fighter IV and RE5. 8D Granted, the 360 has had its hardware problems, but the current 360s on shop shelves are very reliable.

The PS3 is the runner-up, but I mainly use it for media - namely Bluray films and PlayTV. However, I really like playing Everybody's Golf World Tour and I'm looking forward to Uncharted 2. smile.gif

The Wii... *sigh* It could have been so much more. So much promise, yet it delivered so little for me. However, I do applaud the fact that it got my family gaming. It's excellent for the parties, and has a lot to offer for people who may not have played games before (or haven't played for a long time), as well as for the kids. But for the 20-something gamers like me..?

#47 AyaMoto74

AyaMoto74

Mrs. Darttension

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • Interests:I think you all know my hobbies XD

My hobbies include writing/ making music, writing stories, playing videogames, and chatting!

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jan 8 2009, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Depth? All three systems have depth, I have no idea where you're getting at. The games tell wonderful stories, and back them up with beautiful cutscenes and fantastic dialogue (most of the time).

Online gaming is the future. Embrace it. The older systems really didn't offer a lot of that, which disappointed some people. Now that video game creators are bringing online and social gaming together, it brings gaming crowds to one place.

Ah, maybe in your opinion. I still haven't found a PS3 game that has attracted me like that (and I'm a widescale gamer). Heavenly Sword, Mirror's Edge, Soul Calibur 4, Siren, CoD4 and 5, Resistance 1, 2, and a few others . . . Nope. I love BioShock with a passion but that's only one game, and maybe Heavenly Sword, that I would actually consider buying the system for. Still waiting for Heavy Rain and inFamous . . .

As for online gaming; I don't have a problem with it. I just don't like it, it's not my style. I've played many online games so I'm sure I know that I just really don't like it at all. I know that it's not only online gaming and I know that very well, but alot of games could've been better. Alot of them. They cost so much money and take alot of time to make, but I feel that they just aren't as good as everything that came before it.

Edited by AyaMoto74, 24 January 2009 - 04:00 AM.

Kiss you for lonesome folly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users