Close
Photo

How hardcore of a NS fan are you?

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

Poll: How hardcore of a NS fan are you? (129 member(s) have cast votes)

Where do you sit on the NS aisle?

1. I dont support NS at all (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Neutral (4 votes [3.10%])

Percentage of vote: 3.10%

3. Moderate (36 votes [27.91%])

Percentage of vote: 27.91%

4. Hardcore (48 votes [37.21%])

Percentage of vote: 37.21%

5. NS is a way of life!! (41 votes [31.78%])

Percentage of vote: 31.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 kidNinja

kidNinja

Ruining your life since 1992

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:05 PM

I've been wondering how strong a lot of our support for NS in general is and the best way I can think of comparing this Big 3 shipping stuff is to political ideologies. For example, say that NH is the right and NS is the left. Anyway, in this example, the most hardcore NH fans would be on the far right, while the less they support it, they move towards the center. NS on the other hand would be the same thing, but this time going from left to right.

Anyway, I consider myself a moderate NS fan. I mean, I don't care about many other pairings in this show, but at the same time, IF (big big big if) NH or something were to happen, I would try to give it a chance in the end. What about the rest of you?

Edited by kidNinja, 03 June 2012 - 04:33 PM.

NaruSaku...we believe in logic NOT fanfiction

Check out my story, Chain Reaction: Iron Revolution here

#2 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:23 PM

I'd would say I'm hardcore, but not the kind of hardcore that's closed off to other ideas if the evidence presents itself. So I'll go with moderate I guess.

And I'm much rather be considered left than right

Posted Image

Sig made by me though. XD

Check out my father and son Minato and Naruto group on FF.net
http://www.fanfictio..._No_Yaoi/74936/

#3 kidNinja

kidNinja

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (kirabook @ Jun 3 2012, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd would say I'm hardcore, but not the kind of hardcore that's closed off to other ideas if the evidence presents itself. So I'll go with moderate I guess.

And I'm much rather be considered left than right

Haha noted and edited.
wink.gif

#4 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:36 PM

hardcore basically.

#5 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:09 PM

Moderate - I love NaruSaku, and debate for it (though not as frequently as I used to), but as OP said, should another pairing happen I would try to give it a chance. Also, I can acknowledge the points that the other pairings have (whereas some fans, not on this site, have completely twisted canon to suit their views).
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#6 Heaven on Earth

Heaven on Earth

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:27 PM

Just like Kirabook-san, but maybe, i'm still considering myself as a Hardcore NS. It's like 'if NS doesn't happen, goodbye internet for a longtime'. Can't stand it. I accepted other speculation like SS or NH, but I already knew that NS has the biggest chance. Thats why I made twitter account to spread NS hints, Fb group with my friends, and always looking for NS news.

Hardcore enough?

#7 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

You know, I'm gonna say that I am a hardcore fan, but not live a hardcore lifestyle. I am not going to kill myself or make a threat like staying off the internet if NS doesn't happen. I'll be honest, I will be disappointed, but it is not something I'll lose sleep over.

I do wonder though what is going to happen to this site afterwords. Whether we win or lose, what happens to the site? Will it keep going? It's always a tough question to ask, but I made some good friends here.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#8 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:34 PM

Moderate. I really like NS, but to be honest, I'm not a hardcore shipper in many regards at all. NS is the biggest ship I have, I think.

@James It'll stay around I think. Less active, maybe, but it'll still be here I believe.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 03 June 2012 - 07:34 PM.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#9 kidNinja

kidNinja

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Jun 3 2012, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know, I'm gonna say that I am a hardcore fan, but not live a hardcore lifestyle. I am not going to kill myself or make a threat like staying off the internet if NS doesn't happen. I'll be honest, I will be disappointed, but it is not something I'll lose sleep over.

I do wonder though what is going to happen to this site afterwords. Whether we win or lose, what happens to the site? Will it keep going? It's always a tough question to ask, but I made some good friends here.

I think the site will be pretty active for a while if we win, since people will be celebrating for weeks, but I guess it'll depend if there's an arc or series about Naruto and Sakura's child(ren) and we discuss their adventures and/or the possible NaruSaku moments that will possibly be shown.

#10 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:50 PM

I think the site will be pretty active for a while if we win, since people will be celebrating for weeks,

So when we do win, let's buy a cake. laugh.gif Yellow and Pink frosting.

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#11 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (Fenris @ Jun 3 2012, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or just yellow cake with pink frosting... You know, so the yellow would be...inside the pink. cool.gif

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#12 kidNinja

kidNinja

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (Fenris @ Jun 3 2012, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would love the idea, but how would we eat it? sad.gif

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Jun 3 2012, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or just yellow cake with pink frosting... You know, so the yellow would be...inside the pink. cool.gif

I see what you did there.

Edited by kidNinja, 03 June 2012 - 08:58 PM.

#13 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

well, i know no one will ever convince me to pick any pairing over narusaku. i'm not obsessive about pairings at the least though, i care about the series and characters more. and i don't hate nh, i have friends that are nh. still will never convince me to be a fan of nh though. narusaku for the win. i'll go with moderate

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#14 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:13 PM

NS is a way of life. Without it, Countries would nuke each other. And then we would all die. The End!

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#15 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:34 PM

I would say moderate. I already know NS is the main cannon pairing already...why struggle?

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#16 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:43 PM

Id say when I was younger I was hardcore so moderate for me now that im older, and I pretty much switched my OTP like 2 years ago from NaruSaku to NaruIno.

Edited by Fyuria'sLeo, 03 June 2012 - 09:44 PM.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#17 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Jun 3 2012, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would say moderate. I already know NS is the main cannon pairing already...why struggle?

Just because you know it's canon doesn't mean you can't love it to death. You can love it with all your heart but never talk about it.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#18 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Jun 3 2012, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From what I've seen in other fandoms, the moderate shippers will stop coming before long and get caught up in their next fandom, losing interest in Naruto- "it's over, why bothering hanging out in a fandom forum for something like that, _____ is more interesting anyways". The more enthusiastic fans will stay and keep talking about the story, writing fanfic, doing fanart, etc... about what happened afterward, etc...

I belong to a Jareth/Sarah Labyrinth fanfic/fanart group on deviantart and that movie came out in 1986. Harry Potter shipping groups still are pretty active, my sister is a member of a Snape/Lilly fanfic/fanart group. There are various Star Trek shipping groups online, etc... Heck, there are Darcy/Lizzie (from Pride and Prejudice) groups online...

It actually gets better after the series ends in these groups because the tiresome types that like to bash the main female character of the ship almost all leave. The BTVS Spike and Buffy shipping groups are actually 99% pleasant now- even with Whedon's reunion of Spike and Buffy in the comic this year. The Buffy bashers moved on by 2005- to other fandoms where they proceeded to do the same thing with the main female character in that fandom- I personally know of five who took up bashing Hermoine in the Harry Potter fandom. rolleyes.gif

It's an very unpleasant deja-vu to see the basically exactly the same words used in another fandom that you've seen in over 10 other fandoms against the main female character- always a way negative image that has no resemblance to what the character is like in canon. This is why seeing the same nastiness toward Sakura used by people who claim they ship narusaku is so obnoxious.

What happens is that these fans in various fandoms don't actually ship the couple at all, they are actually only fans of the male character and "tolerate" the female character because the male character is in love with her- but in their minds the female character isn't actually "good enough" a girlfriend for the male character because the female character isn't as adoring of the male character as that fan is. (and this happens with both male and female fans)

When I ship, I tend to ship the most enthusiastically when my ship is the clear canon one, like narusaku. If I just like one character of a ship I don't consider myself a shipper at all. I know I just like the one character. Stories like those tend to not become one that I become a big fan of.

Like I have recently gotten into the Dr. Who 2000's revival. I really liked the vibe between Rose and the 9th Doctor, but was kind of ehh with the 10th, even though they write him as loving her as intensely as the 9th. The 10th Doctor and Martha just didn't gell to me at all (even less than the 10th and Rose) even though they kind of fell for each other in the storyline. Donna and the 10th Doctor were as great as Rose and the 9th Doctor, but they don't get together in the end, Donna ends up with someone else, and the mortal clone of the 10th Doctor ends up with Rose. Martha ends up with Rose's ex Mickey. (haven't got to the 11th Doctor yet, in the middle of the 10th Doctor's last season, but there have been 2 ships for him already, the first one is a brief one sided one from what I've heard- Amy crushes on the 11th Doctor, even temporarily dumps her fiance for the Doctor, but the Doctor doesn't feel the same about her. Amy ends up going back to her fiance and they have a daughter- Riversong, who gets abducted as baby and taken to the future where she becomes a crazed killer and travels back in time to kill her parents and the Doctor, but then the 11th Doctor and she fall in love with each other.... it sounds a bit too freaky for me and I have my doubts that I'll ship it.)

I'm not going around bashing Martha just because I liked Rose and the Doctor better, and I'm not bashing Rose because I like Donna and the 10th Doctor most of all, even more than the 9th Doctor and Rose ( Donna and the 10th Doctor are hysterically funny together- even though they are both studiously avoiding falling in love with each other because they both have had the recent painful experience of losing a person they loved, they are determined to just be good friends. But there's a vibe on both sides that it's more than just friendship. Rose and the 9th Doctor really felt romantic.)

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#19 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:57 AM

If I was still the person I was when I first joined, I would have chosen "NS is a way of life!!"

But now, I can't even say I'm a moderate shipper. I'm somewhere between moderate and neutral. It's not that I've lost faith or whatever, I still support it, I still believe it will happen, but I've just gotten bored with the series altogether. In fact I've kind of lost interest in manga and animu in general.

JA2DBzd.png

#20 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:06 AM

Animu??? tongue.gif I LOVE IT TO PIECES!!!! But It it does get frustrating not seeing anything now and then

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users