#281 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:16 AM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Apr 1 2011, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
THIS IS ALL THE REASONING YOU NEED TO KNOW, WHAT THE CONDITIONS THE WORKERS ARE IN.

http://www.cnn.com/2...dex.html?hpt=T1

If we're in hell now, all we can do is crawl up towards heaven.

I personally found this quote awesome. It really just shows how bad things are over there and yet, they're not giving up. Personally, I doubt that if the American nuclear experts sent there was "forced" to work in the plant like they do for an extended period of time, they'd probably rather kill themselves after a few days spending their time there. (no offense to you guys, but really If I were there, I'd rather commit suicide after a few days)

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#282 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:39 AM

Yoko Ono posted this on her website- it's a small book going on sale soon called 2:46: Aftershocks: Stories from the Japan Earthquake
100% of the revenues will go to the Japanese Red Cross Society

http://imaginepeace.com/archives/14352

Yoko has also already done a couple of small concerts in NYC that she quickly organized for New York City's Japan Society to raise money for the Japanese Red Cross, as well as donating to them herself. Last Wednesday's concert raised $70,000, last Sunday's concert raised $33,000. She's also donated a remastered edition of John Lennon's "Imagine" to the ITune's special SongsforJapan album, proceeds go to Japanese Red Cross.

http://itunes.apple....pan/id428401715

Edited by ciardha, 02 April 2011 - 05:56 AM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#283 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:45 AM

:O I really hope Japan is starting to recover! I mourn all the people who died sad.gif tragedies like this are just so terrible... I'm sure everyone will recover, evern if it takes a while.

QUOTE (Cloud @ Mar 29 2011, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. Not when Mother Earth unleashes her fury. And then all hell breaks loose.

…PMS?

QUOTE (Verilance @ Mar 30 2011, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
don't know if this is the best place for this but here is Kishimoto's art in support of the earthquake survivors

Aw! That's so sweet! wow.png Kishimoto, you are simply a darling!

#284 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:21 PM

Radiation Leaking Into the Ocean.

http://www.nytimes.c...s...tml?_r=1

Update: Concrete plug fails to stop leak.

http://www.latimes.c...gle Feedfetcher

Edited by Insurrection, 02 April 2011 - 10:02 PM.

#285 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:59 PM

Jesus, another high magnitude earthquake just hit off the coast of Japan, and a tsunami alert has been issued DDD:

http://news.yahoo.co...apan_earthquake

#286 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:29 PM

Deja vu...

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#287 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:38 AM

One Month Later

Edited by Insurrection, 11 April 2011 - 05:38 AM.

#288 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:39 AM

And the quakes just keep coming )=

http://news.yahoo.co...apan_earthquake

I'm seriously beginning to worry that Japan may be on the verge of sinking into the ocean with all of these disasters continuously happening to them, as per a 2012 prediction >.>

#289 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:58 AM

I'm Kinda more worried about them Glowing in the Dark Right now. sad.gif

The Japanese Raised Fukushima to a Level 7, Which puts it on par with Chernobyl.

http://online.wsj.co...j_share_twitter

Japan's still being affected by other effects caused by the Disasters,
http://www.npr.org/p...amp;m=135306768

Edited by Insurrection, 12 April 2011 - 02:23 AM.

#290 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:23 AM

Good god.... I think Tepco should be blamed for most of this Fiasco. Reason why is their lack of quick response and they're obviously hiding something.

248793.jpg

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#291 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Apr 12 2011, 04:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good god.... I think Tepco should be blamed for most of this Fiasco. Reason why is their lack of quick response and they're obviously hiding something.

Like...

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#292 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:15 AM

Like them not having the balls to tell the PM as soon as they found out that Plant was going to possibly blow. And also giving unclear and confusing information about the plant. And them not telling the public that the plant needed to be fixed since a few years ago which, if it had been fixed, might have lessened the impact of the disaster.

248793.jpg

#293 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:06 PM

smile.gif

Play Ball!

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/42548462

#294 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Apr 12 2011, 04:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like them not having the balls to tell the PM as soon as they found out that Plant was going to possibly blow. And also giving unclear and confusing information about the plant. And them not telling the public that the plant needed to be fixed since a few years ago which, if it had been fixed, might have lessened the impact of the disaster.

Ahhh...yup.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#295 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Apr 15 2011, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ahhh...yup.

I swear everytime I see this thread updated, I only think worse things are happening over there.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#296 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:19 AM

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ Apr 15 2011, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I swear everytime I see this thread updated, I only think worse things are happening over there.

Unfortunately that thought is true- Tepco finally admitting they've caused a Chernobyl level disaster, but yet only giving the victims $12,000 per family?! (And yes, those people are angry at that pathetic reparation.) Japanese people don't do lawsuits like we in the west do, but when comes to situations like these, victims can and often do put together class action law suits there. And with the level of anger at Tepco in Japan now, I have a gut feeling that there will indeed be such a lawsuit.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#297 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Apr 15 2011, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unfortunately that thought is true- Tepco finally admitting they've caused a Chernobyl level disaster, but yet only giving the victims $12,000 per family?! (And yes, those people are angry at that pathetic reparation.) Japanese people don't do lawsuits like we in the west do, but when comes to situations like these, victims can and often do put together class action law suits there. And with the level of anger at Tepco in Japan now, I have a gut feeling that there will indeed be such a lawsuit.

I just hope the company goes bankrupt in doing so and not get away with their damage like BP did. In that company's situation, I would have at least paid a million american dollars per family. There would probably still be a lot of anger, but at least the families would be able to start over in a new place somehow.

#298 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE (Kodachi Claws @ Apr 15 2011, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just hope the company goes bankrupt in doing so and not get away with their damage like BP did. In that company's situation, I would have at least paid a million american dollars per family. There would probably still be a lot of anger, but at least the families would be able to start over in a new place somehow.

The problem is though Tepco going under will not solve any problem in fact it may end up worse because the Japanese Government will have to take it over and eventually I fear that is how all things are going to end up.

The money BTW from what I hear is just an initial payment to help people in dire need now, more will come later either from Tepco, if it survives, or the Government itself which is probably what will happen.

As was pointed out in a great video by Bobby Llewelyn, British Actor, Comedian and best Android ever (Kryten from Red Dwarf) nuclear power plants cannot be insured so the government (aka the people will be on the hook for this one eventually)

Edited by Verilance, 16 April 2011 - 09:31 AM.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#299 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (Verilance @ Apr 16 2011, 02:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The problem is though Tepco going under will not solve any problem in fact it may end up worse because the Japanese Government will have to take it over and eventually I fear that is how all things are going to end up.

The money BTW from what I hear is just an initial payment to help people in dire need now, more will come later either from Tepco, if it survives, or the Government itself which is probably what will happen.

As was pointed out in a great video by Bobby Llewelyn, British Actor, Comedian and best Android ever (Kryten from Red Dwarf) nuclear power plants cannot be insured so the government (aka the people will be on the hook for this one eventually)

While I wouldn't say the government taking control of power resources is the solution, Tecpo and BP's reluctance to install the safety measures necessary just show that people with power will not spend more money than they feel necessary, whether it's for the general populace's safety or not. I acknowledge that sometimes disasters happen beyond anyone's control, but Tecpo's tech was decades out of date, just like BP did actions despite their own engineer's cautions. I just want to find a way to ensure companies (or the state) follow safety procedures to prevent such disasters or minimize damage in the event of natural disasters. In Japan itself, they worked hard to make their buildings earthquake proof. The same should go for power plants.

#300 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:34 PM

it is not the solution yet is probably is the inevitably, Tepco will not or does not have the resources to pay all the people that have been or will be damaged in any way by their misguided actions. At least BP was probably insured.

If Tepco cannot, the Government of Japan must or a lot of people are gonna get screwed royally.

I for one, like Robert Llewellyn, firmly sit on the fence about Nuclear Power Plants, while I appreciate the need for cleaner power, the hazards are great

Edited by Verilance, 16 April 2011 - 04:41 PM.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users