Close
Photo

Who else switched over to BoruSara after NaruSaku got kicked to the curb?

NaruSaku BoruSara

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#41 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 10:05 PM

No, it isn't. But for a lot of people it seems to be a make or break thing on their enjoyment of the story, and this is true to an extent with NS vs. NH/SS. A lot of criticism I've seen about Naruto's ending focuses almost exclusively on the pairings, and while there certainly is a lot of valid criticism to be had in Kishimoto's presentation and execution of NH/SS, and his pointless use of NS as a supposed red-herring, it is not what made Naruto's conclusion bad. There are many, many things wrong with the manga -- from half-formed and discarded side plots, random, unnecessary plot twists, character regression, etc.. -- things that started way back at the end of Pein. But all anyone really talks about is why SS/NH sucks and why NS should have happened. Heck, some still want NS to happen, somehow, like it'll actually make Naruto good again.

P.S. Sorry for venting. I hope I haven't offended anyone, because I'm definately not trying to.

Honestly, I only came for the characters by the time the series was close to the ending. The story, well I was defending a lot but it kept backfiring. I guess I was being like people who is a big fan of something and when something isn't good, it's hard to acknowledge.

#42 Nicholas Wolfwood

Nicholas Wolfwood

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 01:46 AM

I didn’t read Naruto because of NaruSaku. I read it because I loved Naruto as a character. And the reason I loved NaruSaku was because I loved the characters of Naruto and Sakura, and they complimented each other so well. Boruto possesses none of the qualities that made me love Naruto. Naruto had legitimate reasons for his behavior while Boruto’s sole source of "grief" is a contrived, perverse manipulation of Naruto’s character as an absentee father for the sake of a plot device. I can’t entirely blame Kodachi since Kishi is the one who shat this train wreck into existence.

Sarada is the product of a loveless union that is so forced that it’s both comedic and tragic. She’s brought nothing new to the table and already her flimsy character is propped up with the crutch of —wait for it—wanting to be hokage. Could anyone possibly care less? 

Perhaps BoruSara is a poorly conceived, quarter-assed attempt of extending an olive branch to NaruSaku fans. It doesn’t work for me. NaruSaku was special and the kind of relationship that grows organically; it can’t be replicated in a futile attempt to capture lightning in a bottle for the second time. Sorry, but one-dimensional cardboard characters devoid of original personality and charm simply do not appeal to me and never will. I know there are people out there who enjoy mindless repetition for the comforting sense of familiarity, but I’m not one of them. I won’t read the Boruto manga and I won’t watch the kitten movies. Kishi butchered the characters that I loved, so please just bury them and leave them in peace. 

#43 Azor Ahai

Azor Ahai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 06:29 PM

You know what, as far as the story goes Sarada has kind of a weird stalker thing with Boruto, while Boruto outright ignores her...which in the Kishiuniverse it literally means that they are meant to be.

tumblr_p7wkb2FRTk1r3exqoo1_500.gif

#44 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:40 PM

Fandom deem them to be canon since the first inception of their character.
The same thing doesn't happen with NS, even with the fact that they're the hero and heroine.

Is that happen because salad doesn't love anyone in the first place?

Will the naruto fandom will keep supporting Buritoxsalad if a Hinata like character appear and want to be burito lover? if they keep saying Buritoxsalad will be canon while Hinata like character appear, it will only make them do double standard or even a hypocrite.

But this is naruto fandom double standard is in their blood.

#45 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:52 PM

You know what, as far as the story goes Sarada has kind of a weird stalker thing with Boruto, while Boruto outright ignores her...which in the Kishiuniverse it literally means that they are meant to be.

That was chapter 700. Everything else has them do NS-like skits. Mind you that's more the omaka then anything else.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 24 July 2016 - 10:52 PM.

#46 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 11:10 PM

That was chapter 700. Everything else has them do NS-like skits. Mind you that's more the omaka then anything else.

It's kinda weird that not even sakura with her huge fangirlish attitude make her do that. It's Hinata thing.

Edited by rocci, 24 July 2016 - 11:10 PM.

#47 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 01:29 AM

It's kinda weird that not even sakura with her huge fangirlish attitude make her do that. It's Hinata thing.

That was because Kishi was told nH was popular at the time remember. So best to make the sequel hint at fully developing the pairing they always wanted. The shy quite girl with the loudmouth. Then after the last... and pretty much everything else that happened. They realized nH was not the path to success. So they went back and turn BS into a NS clone.

#48 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 07:08 PM

You're exaggerating too much.. i visit nf regularly and i meet lots of nice people. Just don't go to the pairing debate section because there's really no point in doing that and you'll be fine. Nf is fun with lots of activity.

No, it's not. Sorry, but I have been there and it is still a toxic place to be. Sure, maybe things have leveled out since Naruto ended, but NF is the place where most of it started.

I am sure even you can find some green grass on tumblr too.....albeit very scarce, but I think we all know what Tumblr is really like....and buzzfeed...and kotaku....and reddit...and so many other sites that seem like "nice places" until you realize it is all nothing more than a facade. (By the way, most of the people on the site listed are all people who loved the Naruto ending and call it "The love story we deserved.")

NF is a lot like Fallout. Sure, you can clean up the radiation, but the landscape is still a wasteland.

After a while, you find out that people don't change their ways....they just grow older.

It's also funny how you say "Just don't go into pairing debate" when that's all Naruto is now....pairings. That's all that is left to this series. If I made a topic called "Naruto is the ultimate loser in the end" how many would pipe up to say "Well, he got Hinata, so he got a happy ending?" Probably a good portion. The point is, you can't talk about Naruto without mentioning pairings now because that is all the series is and that's all anyone cares about anymore.

That's the problem. You say NF is fun with "lots of activity," but what I have seen....it gets ugly when people have their faiths put into question and that's the most dangerous point of it all.

You can;t talk about Naruto without going into pairings in some way because that is what Kishimoto chose. That is what he deemed more important than anything in this series and it gets pretty real when you realize that Kishimoto green-lit a movie that JUST focused on the pairings. Really, think about Naruto the Last. The whole point of Naruto the series from making Team 7 whole again, to changing the world, to looking at things from a deeper meaning....was reduced...to a 2 hour movie about pairings.

You know, but do you really know.

That is such a harsh reality that people don't really realize...not even here. When it came to the other "important aspects" of the story, it was reduced to mere side-events and or "random encounters" in the Naruto lore. Remember how big of deal Team 7 reuniting had to be? Not Naruto since he kind of forgot all that in favor of "Hinata left me so I guess the world is doomed." That truly is too big of a concept to comprehend and instead of a great movie about how team 7 overcame hatred.....it was a kitten movie about how a boy gets brainwashed into loving a girl he never cared for all because everyone felt sorry for her.

Naruto is not about anything else now, but pairings and the more people accept that...the more they will see the real truth. So no, you can't talk about Naruto without going into a debate. Unless you talk about something that doesn't even talk about Naruto as a character like how Obito, in a backward way, was the real hero of this series and the biggest revelation of all....NEJI HYUGA WAS RIGHT.

When I look around the fandom now all I see is nothing. There is no real Naruto fandom. Maybe there never was. Just people who at one point like a similar series, but let the concept of lust consume them. All I get now is "Well, it is not gonna change so accept it" or people arguing with me how "this is how it has to be." Now all I see is fake people. So whatever "kindness" you come across in the Naruto fandom is merely is facade.

People talk about love and tolerance, but all I see is hatred, anger, and vindictive tendencies. If there is kind people, they are so few and far between, but I wonder how many are fakers. How many are just mere cobras with a smiley face on ready to bite and poison anyone they deem is "not worth their value?" And while many can accept this way of life...I don't. It's not even about the story anymore, but about people.

When I get called a misogynist for hating the new Ghostbusters movie despite not mention anything negative about a women cast....then you know something is wrong. You know people are not kind enough to each other to see people's point of views UNLESS they agree with them. And just like you, they call it "exaggerating" too. They call me delusional or whatever word of the day they have floating around, but it id them who can;t even follow their own word.

And this is where I understand why the Joker is the way he is in Batman. What he calls the "head of the curve" and how things are just one big joke. The only difference between me and the Joker right now....is that I care about people enough to not kill them or consider other people merely "collateral damage."

If you ever want proof of this concept...just look in my youtube comments on my channel. You will still find them there.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 03 August 2016 - 07:50 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#49 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 03 August 2016 - 08:11 PM

No, it's not. Sorry, but I have been there and it is still a toxic place to be. Sure, maybe things have leveled out since Naruto ended, but NF is the place where most of it started.

I am sure even you can find some green grass on tumblr too.....albeit very scarce, but I think we all know what Tumblr is really like....and buzzfeed...and kotaku....and reddit...and so many other sites that seem like "nice places" until you realize it is all nothing more than a facade. (By the way, most of the people on the site listed are all people who loved the Naruto ending and call it "The love story we deserved.")

NF is a lot like Fallout. Sure, you can clean up the radiation, but the landscape is still a wasteland.

After a while, you find out that people don't change their ways....they just grow older.

It's also funny how you say "Just don't go into pairing debate" when that's all Naruto is now....pairings. That's all that is left to this series. If I made a topic called "Naruto is the ultimate loser in the end" how many would pipe up to say "Well, he got Hinata, so he got a happy ending?" Probably a good portion. The point is, you can't talk about Naruto without mentioning pairings now because that is all the series is and that's all anyone cares about anymore.

That's the problem. You say NF is fun with "lots of activity," but what I have seen....it gets ugly when people have their faiths put into question and that's the most dangerous point of it all.

You can;t talk about Naruto without going into pairings in some way because that is what Kishimoto chose. That is what he deemed more important than anything in this series and it gets pretty real when you realize that Kishimoto green-lit a movie that JUST focused on the pairings. Really, think about Naruto the Last. The whole point of Naruto the series from making Team 7 whole again, to changing the world, to looking at things from a deeper meaning....was reduced...to a 2 hour movie about pairings.

That is such a harsh reality that people don't really realize...not even here. When it came to the other "important aspects" of the story, it was reduced to mere side-events and or "random encounters" in the Naruto lore. Remember how big of deal Team 7 reuniting had to be? Not Naruto since he kind of forgot all that in favor of "Hinata left me so I guess the world is doomed." That truly is too big of a concept to comprehend and instead of a great movie about how team 7 overcame hatred.....it was a kitten movie about how a boy gets brainwashed into loving a girl he never cared for all because everyone felt sorry for her.

Naruto is not about anything else now, but pairings and the more people accept that...the more they will see the real truth. So no, you can't talk about Naruto without going into a debate. Unless you talk about something that doesn't even talk about Naruto as a character like how Obito, in a backward way, was the real hero of this series and the biggest revelation of all....NEJI HYUGA WAS RIGHT.

When I look around the fandom now all I see is nothing. There is no real Naruto fandom. Maybe there never was. Just people who at one point like a similar series, but let the concept of lust consume them. All I get now is "Well, it is not gonna change so accept it" or people arguing with me how "this is how it has to be." Now all I see is fake people. So whatever "kindness" you come across in the Naruto fandom is merely is facade.

People talk about love and tolerance, but all I see is hatred, anger, and vindictive tendencies. If there is kind people, they are so few and far between, but I wonder how many are fakers. How many are just mere cobras with a smiley face on ready to bite and poison anyone they deem is "not worth their value?" And while many can accept this way of life...I don't. It's not even about the story anymore, but about people.

When I get called a misogynist for hating the new Ghostbusters movie despite not mention anything negative about a women cast....then you know something is wrong. You know people are not kind enough to each other to see people's point of views UNLESS they agree with them. And just like you, they call it "exaggerating" too. They call me delusional or whatever word of the day they have floating around, but it id them who can;t even follow their own word.

And this is where I understand why the Joker is the way he is in Batman. What he calls the "head of the curve" and how things are just one big joke. The only difference between me and the Joker right now....is that I care about people enough to not kill them or consider other people merely "collateral damage."

If you ever want proof of this concept...just look in my youtube comments on my channel. You will still find them there.

but it really isn't.. i browse tumblr and nf quite frequently, and i'm not faking anything like you imply

pairing wars are prevalent in almost all fandoms, you just chose to focus on the loud obnoxious part.. it's never going to die, so why not ignore it?

and the naruto series has lots of inconsistencies before chapter 700 came out, it's nothing new really

Edited by Hanabi, 03 August 2016 - 08:11 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#50 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:18 PM

Dude I love your rants they very informative and good. Staying the Ghostbusters movie I'm not seeing either and no it's not because the cast is all women in fact I would like that, but the problem is it's not funny and the original is so much better, and this is why you do mess with the originals. Also nice Joker comparison.

Edited by VanitasDS76491, 03 August 2016 - 11:21 PM.

#51 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:40 PM

Sadly james this is how the world is now, I hate it just like you do I mean I really hate it that is makes me sick and wish something anything would happen to stop this the fact is like I said before there is nothing that we can do really to stop this. All we can hope is that no writer will ever do what Kishi does again.

And that in other stories that all mock Kishi's work and and crazy fans like them as well since people like that need to know that a story comes first not who gets to bang who which is what I feel like you man all they care about, its like you said in your podcast NH and SS know nothing about love why as they don't have it them self.

Now I don't have a girlfriend never have can seem to talk to them but I never do what they have done, as you said they did in the pod cast and live through Hinata and Sasuke, I am grown up enough to know this, and as for them congratulating each other over a supposed rumor that an NS fan committed suicide, well what can I say a place in hell is waiting for them, heck my health is not that good right now bet they would say the same too me.

But if they did I'll be coming back for them. never mock the dead unless they are evil kittens that should have died for what they have done and not simple anime fans.

Or you'd like the ghosts in a Christmas Carol haunting the NH and SS fandom's and showing what they caused and them not learning and winding up dead.

#52 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:03 PM

Like others have said, why would I settle for a cheap substitute for the real deal?  Also, I utterly despise Boruto and that isn't going to change in the foreseeable future.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#53 Comy

Comy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 10:09 PM

WTF? 
1. NO!! Never
2. HELL NO!!!1
3. Are there really people who read bokitteno? who still trust ki$himoto?

waplrk.jpg

#54 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 02:50 PM

Like others have said, why would I settle for a cheap substitute for the real deal?  Also, I utterly despise Boruto and that isn't going to change in the foreseeable future.

Exactly. If Boruto was at all likeable, then maybe it would give me pause. But he's not. 

And not in the way that Naruto wasn't likeable in the beginning of his manga. Boruto isn't the rascally scamp that Naruto was, nor is he the troubled prodigy that Sasuke was.

He's neither hero nor anti-hero. Maybe at some point in the series he will be. But from the start the one with the most interesting story potential is Sarada. Boruto is just a spoiled, cheating kid. Something that neither Sasuke nor Naruto were. In fact, none of the rookies were like him.

If you dropped Boruto into Naruto's manga, Boruto seems like he'd be one of the cocky filler nins that got picked off in Naruto's chunin exams.

#55 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 05:32 PM

Exactly. If Boruto was at all likeable, then maybe it would give me pause. But he's not. 

And not in the way that Naruto wasn't likeable in the beginning of his manga. Boruto isn't the rascally scamp that Naruto was, nor is he the troubled prodigy that Sasuke was.

He's neither hero nor anti-hero. Maybe at some point in the series he will be. But from the start the one with the most interesting story potential is Sarada. Boruto is just a spoiled, cheating kid. Something that neither Sasuke nor Naruto were. In fact, none of the rookies were like him.

If you dropped Boruto into Naruto's manga, Boruto seems like he'd be one of the cocky filler nins that got picked off in Naruto's chunin exams.

Not to mention a complete hypocrite (guess he really is Naruto and Hinata's kid XP) in that he keeps talking about how much he hates the position of Hokage and how he hates being the son of the Hokage, all "woe is me" over it, yet at the same time is constantly loving and taking advantage of the benefits that come with it, like being called "young master", being essentially handed things on a silver platter and whatnot. Talks about "hard work" and yet is always about shortcuts.

2e5.gif

#56 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 05:48 PM

Not to mention a complete hypocrite (guess he really is Naruto and Hinata's kid XP) in that he keeps talking about how much he hates the position of Hokage and how he hates being the son of the Hokage, all "woe is me" over it, yet at the same time is constantly loving and taking advantage of the benefits that come with it, like being called "young master", being essentially handed things on a silver platter and whatnot. Talks about "hard work" and yet is always about shortcuts.

Ooo yeah, I didn't think about that aspect. Boruto wouldn't last two seconds if he had to fight off what Naruto had to deal with at his age.

#57 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 06:10 PM

He would probably become exactly what nH fans always wish Naruto would turn into. A mass murder.

#58 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 01:46 AM

He would probably become exactly what nH fans always wish Naruto would turn into. A mass murder.

Considering the opening of the manga shows him fighting FOR the system while the other is trying to destroy it, I wouldn't be surprised.

2e5.gif

#59 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 01:50 AM

Too bad that Sarada to me isn't really THAT much of an interesting character either. Same with any of the new generation if you ask me. If they were interesting, it'd be fitting, but given that that ending is a lot of crap and garbage, there's NO reason to enjoy the new generation, especially if they're coming along with trying to keep the same problems that happened to make the ending so pathetic.

#60 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 02:18 AM

Considering the opening of the manga shows him fighting FOR the system while the other is trying to destroy it, I wouldn't be surprised.

You know, that just shows how far off people got from understanding Naruto. Even kishimoto if he had any involvement in that scene. Naruto wanted to "reform the system" not "endure it" of chapter 700 or "status quo is good" of his son.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NaruSaku, BoruSara

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users