Close
Photo

Do you think Sakura would be a stay at home mom?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#1 SakuraHarunoChan

SakuraHarunoChan

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:58 AM

If they had a baby, do you think she would give up being a ninja, or not?

#2 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:04 AM

QUOTE (SakuraHarunoChan @ Dec 27 2011, 07:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If they had a baby, do you think she would give up being a ninja, or not?

No, she would be head medic of the village. If Sakura wanted to be a stay at home mom, I'm sure Naruto could change her mind by using the "he/she is my son/daughter and I believe in him/her" speech. tongue.gif

Edit: And she will still be a ninja. Else her punching and kicking training lessons with Tsunade would be trash.

Edited by Sakura Lover, 27 December 2011 - 09:34 AM.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#3 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:47 AM

No way! Okay, maybe that's just the feminist in me talking but seriously... She spent all her life trying to be useful and appreciated that I don't think she'd give up on that. Maybe she couldn't handle being both a ninja and medic, but she'd definitely choose at least one.

#4 Thomas

Thomas

Chakra Water Walker

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:21 AM

but the ninjas can be medics
naruto's world is diferent than ours and dont place sakura's mom she does not even exist we didnt saw her and she didnt appears to say anything even when she is going on a dangerous mission its weird

#5 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:22 PM

I tend to think she would at least be home a few years. Kishimoto is shown to have women taking their roles as mothers seriously. Kurenai and Kushina are prime examples. The clearly have shifted their lives from active shinobi to parenting mode, and Kurenai is not shown as returning to active duty. And the imagined scene of the Naruto's household shows Kushina cooking breakfast in the house, not the parents interacting with Naruto in a shinobi way. So you can assume she's not returned to active duty.

Many parents are shown as returning to active duty when the children are academy age or older, so again you could make the case for mothers staying at home for at least several years with their children.

Anyway, my opinion is that Sakura would stay home, understanding her priorities, the fleeting nature of childhood and the never-ending needs placed on her as a med-nin. Fanfics love to protray her working to exhaustion at the hospital. But is she did after a child was born, then who would raise their child? Naruto would be Hokage, so.... I think Sakura would step back from the grind of the hospital to be a mother and a wife for a while. And supporting the new Hokage would be a fulltime job anyway! lol

@ Kim, as for the feminist aspect...I wouldn't necessarily link working to being a feminist. Women make less money for the same jobs than men. So feminism as defined by a job isn't a good barometer of women's rights. Women have better benefits in the US than ever before, but those are still severely lacking for the juggling that women have to do as child-bearers. (In a nutshell, your job is only protected for six weeks after the baby is born. If you do not return to work, then they have the right to terminate you, etc. This forces infants into childcare at six weeks, whether the mom wants to return or not. But in Canada, womens' jobs are protected for a year. And that year in a child's life makes a huge difference.)

It's hard to understand when you don't have a child, but sometimes feminism is about making the choice that's best for you. A job is a job is a job. But when you have a child, you are the only one in the world who will be their mother. So for Sakura, she wouldn't be leaving behind everything she's worked for, she would be taking on a new job — one that will be the most important of her life. She doesn't loose anything, she only gains.

I would think that she would have matured enough to understand that she doesn't need to be appreciated and be useful to the whole village. She is successful at whatever she chooses to do, and now as a parent she's confident enough to make the choice that best suits her, not everyone else.

And I can imagine Naruto being supportive of whatever she'd want to do, but secretly being thrilled that she'd want to stay home. After all, Sakura would be anchoring the homelife that he'd never had, as well. And that falls in line with the surpassing-previous-generations thing: Sakura and Naruto would provide a home and family that none of the main characters have as Naruto, Sasuke and Sai are bona fide orphans, and Sakura may as well be (although her young life was not traumatic, her homelife was never shown).

Edited by tricksie, 27 December 2011 - 04:28 PM.

#6 Madz

Madz

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:09 PM

I too would like to think that Sakura would at least take the few first years off to raise her kids. As Tricksie pointed out, if she would become head of medic (as we all hope she would), it would definitely be a very hectic life, and with Naruto being Hokage, the two would have very little time for their kids otherwise.

And anyway, if she was to become Naruto, the Hokage's wife, personally, I don't think she would still be out in missions, unless very important ones (that's my very personal opinion, I could be VERY wrong of course); I doubt that the village would send her out on missions, being that as the Hokage's wife, she would always be a prime target.

As for feminism, well, I consider myself a feminist, but I took a break from a very high profile career to raise my kids biggrin.gif; - a very willing and very happy choice which I would not change for anything in the world! It's just a question of planning when to have a baby - at which point of your life, and I did it when I was financially well established.

#7 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:23 PM

Doubt it.

Sure her skills may get rusty through early pregnancy, and taking care of a baby. But then again...if Naruto becomes Hokage, and Sakura has his baby. The fact Naruto is the Kage of the village, the baby could be taken care off, from a nanny, all the way to Grandmother Tsunade. [checks to see if someone is going to hit him]

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#8 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:36 PM

Coming from a mothers point of view I see things differently. It's easy to say that she would go back to being a shinobi right away but in reality I doubt it. I dont see Sakura giving up on her life's work but when a baby comes along it isn't about you or your dreams anymore, all that matters is your child. I can see Sakura staying home at least six months to a year at the very least. I could honestly see her staying at home much longer. Once her kiddo's reach a certain age I can see her going back to work at the hospital, but never really leaving the village anymore. At least that's how it will be in my fanfic.

I had worked hard to get the position of department manager at the job I adored. In my mind I was so going back in a month, but my son was huge wake up call. Being a mom is my new full time job now and quite honestly its the hardest job out there.

Edited by Konohakitten, 27 December 2011 - 07:38 PM.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#9 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:47 PM

Hmmmmm, well that's a tough question to think about. One would make the argument that Naruto should be the stay at home dad, however, since he's going to be Hokage, by that time, he's got a whole lot to deal with, during the day, and probably is tired at the end of the day, and just seek for his kid and Sakura as a solace.

Now, then for the actual question, well since Sakura has already manage to be at the position that she is in and is well respected as a medic, they probably going to have to arrange some sort of system by the hours, to make sure that she can still work the hours as a medic and still care and nurture for the kid.

It might suck though if she is a full-time stay at home mom, because that might actually destroy her type of character that Kishi is trying to portray throughout part two, but it might be what it might be.

Edited by Anguyen92, 27 December 2011 - 07:52 PM.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#10 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:50 PM

It's hard to say, but I'm in agreement with what everyone else said, I could see Sakura returning to status as a shinobi once her and Naruto's kids are old enough, but I doubt she'd leave the village for any long entailed missions since her priorities are now on taking care of the children, but that doesn't mean she can't continue to train under Tsunade or at least hon her skills so they don't rust when she does become a mother.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#11 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:47 PM

....dont know if she will return to being a ninja in battle....maybe XD

but being a medic again, for sure smile.gif besides...kids grow up biggrin.gif

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#12 Thomas

Thomas

Chakra Water Walker

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:44 AM

WTF why u guys are talking about jobs , hey its a different world from yours , its not the same , sakura would have a baby instead of a job , because its a different world and their way to live its different too.
all this debate is so useless

#13 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (Thomas Narusaku @ Dec 28 2011, 03:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WTF why u guys are talking about jobs , hey its a different world from yours , its not the same , sakura would have a baby instead of a job , because its a different world and their way to live its different too.

You're right having a baby is a job in itself.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#14 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (Thomas Narusaku @ Dec 28 2011, 02:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know if this debate is useless, I mean if it is useless then why is this thread alive? I think its nice to see the contrast to people's opinions between those that are single and probably not thinking about kids until their late 20s, like me, and those that knows what it is to be a parent like Konohakitten.

However, at the end of it all, its a matter of waiting and seeing for Kishi to fast-forward like five years, to see how everyone is doing in the epilogue.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#15 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:17 AM

Doesn't really matter if she stays at home or not, Kishi's mother characters in general are badasses.

Look at Kushina and Gaara's mother. Both continued to protect their sons to their very death and beyond, especially in Gaara's case where her very Will lives on in his Sand armor, stands to reason that Sakura will be a badass mom even if she retired.

Kishi must've had a hell of a mother or maternal figure at some point in his life....

#16 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:00 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 29 2011, 05:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Doesn't really matter if she stays at home or not, Kishi's mother characters in general are badasses.

Look at Kushina and Gaara's mother. Both continued to protect their sons to their very death and beyond, especially in Gaara's case where her very Will lives on in his Sand armor, stands to reason that Sakura will be a badass mom even if she retired.

Kishi must've had a hell of a mother or maternal figure at some point in his life....

ninja or not. motherly love will always prevail in a battle.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#17 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:04 PM

I like this thread biggrin.gif Okay so first I agree with the point of view that Sakura is going to stay a home for a while to raise their child BUT after a few year when they become less dependent on her I can see her returning to work an come home around 5-6 pm. They can definitely find an extra guardian to watch over their child too but still make time to spend time with their son/daughter. I LOVE talking about family life laugh.gif

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#18 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (Madz @ Dec 27 2011, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And anyway, if she was to become Naruto, the Hokage's wife, personally, I don't think she would still be out in missions, unless very important ones (that's my very personal opinion, I could be VERY wrong of course); I doubt that the village would send her out on missions, being that as the Hokage's wife, she would always be a prime target.

This is an important point I don't think anyone else is made yet. Sakura and their children would certainly be targets. Look at Naruto: He is named after his mother to protect him from being target as the Hokage's son. So that means they decided it would be safer for him to be known (in some circles) as the son of Konoha's jinchuuriki than to be known as the son of the Golden Flash. It was safer for him to have a connection to a jinchuuriki than to the Hokage.

So yeah, if/when Sakura returns to her med-nin role, I bet it would only be within Konoha's walls and not on any battlefront.

And a strong case could be made for the children being named Haruno over Uzumaki or Namikaze.

As for feminism, well, I consider myself a feminist, but I took a break from a very high profile career to raise my kids biggrin.gif; - a very willing and very happy choice which I would not change for anything in the world! It's just a question of planning when to have a baby - at which point of your life, and I did it when I was financially well established.

Yup! Me too!

#19 God of All Shinobi

God of All Shinobi

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Dec 29 2011, 06:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ninja or not. motherly love will always prevail in a battle.

You know that reminded me of the recent episode of doctor who (I wonder i you Americans (I am presuming here) have that show). The mother was able to singe handed fly through the time vortex, A feat no human could do. Just because she loved her children. I can imagine Sakura doing something like that, probably fending off a tailed beast or something to protect her child.

#20 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (God of All Shinobi @ Dec 30 2011, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know that reminded me of the recent episode of doctor who (I wonder i you Americans (I am presuming here) have that show). The mother was able to singe handed fly through the time vortex, A feat no human could do. Just because she loved her children. I can imagine Sakura doing something like that, probably fending off a tailed beast or something to protect her child.

The Doctor, The Widow, and the Wardrobe should be titled "Why Madge Arwell is Awesome" for the things she did that episode....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users