Sailor Moon: Crystal

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Jul 11 2012, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had heard Minako and Rei was supposed be best friends in the manga and it never really came through in the anime. As my two favorite characters, it'd be kinda nice to see.

Omg Nate (and anyone else here really~) then you have to watch PGSM (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon). Practically the whole series focuses on Sailor Mars and Sailor Venus's 'friendship/frenemyship', and especially towards the final episodes it gets pretty awesome intense >.<!

PGSM goodness ~> http://www.gooddrama...ian-sailor-moon

#22 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:14 PM

This remake better come to American shores!!! I wanna see the Sailor Scouts returning, kicking bad guys' butts and showing gorgeous transformations.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#23 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:21 PM

I believe any fan of 'DBZ' is also well aware of the original Dragon Ball series when Goku was a kid. Personally for me though that original series doesn't interest me much at all. There is just something about watching an adult Goku slowly leveling up his skills, from a runt who could barely beat Raditz without help, then getting his a$$ handed to him by Vegeta after a long drawn-out fight, to him finally gaining enough power to literally wipe the floor with part of the Ginyu Force, to him going Super Saiyan all over Frieza's loser a$$ like a boss!

Well... I started watching the series since the beginning and I think the original series is way better. It had a sense of aventure, wonder and comedy drew me instantly and completely in. When DBZ began I liked the fights and increasingly intense battles, but I felt the humor and freshness of the original was missing. I still enjoyed it... until the Goku vs Frieza battle. At the beginning it was thrilling, but it dragged too much (when I think about it, that was probably my first experience with anime filler).

Then began the Garlic Jr. arc and I was very confused because it referenced events I had never watched or heard about (later I found out it was the sequel of sorts of the first DBZ movie. I do not know what were thinking to do that... other than making more filler). When the Cell arc began, the plot seemed picking up... but it was only an illusion. The increasingly long and repetitive fights were beginning to get tiresome. I still liked some parts (especially when Goku passed the torch to Gohan like the Earth protector. I think the series should have ended right there), but I was losing interest.

However the Buu arc was downright pathetic, IMO. I had to force myself to keep reading. It was very obvious Toriyama had long passed the point where he had become burn-out.

I not even bothered myself with GT.

It has been a long time since I was a DB fan, but I still remember it fondly. And my little nephew also watches it sometimes!

And that is my POV how someone who has watched the series since the beginning, even before it was broadcast in USA. I hope you found it interesting, at least.

That single episode where Goku goes Super Saiyan for the first time still gives me shivers to this day. Hands down my fave ep of all time =D

Definitely a great episode. I still remember when I watched it for first time. It boggled my mind. Frieza had survived, had hurt Piccolo and blew up Krilin and... Goku had transformed! I had to pick my jaw from the ground. I only KNEW I HAD to watch the next episode. It could not be aired soon enough.

Okay, I'll stop talking about DB now. We are going off topic. sweatdrop.gif

I guess however, that plays in Japan. I don't mind monster of the week, but I always felt I got more out of having arcs rather than episodic formats.

I love seventies shows, and they often used the monster-of-the-week format, so it did not mind either.

Moreover, even if the adventures or fights were episodic, there always was one or several subplots going throughout the different episodes.

I had heard Minako and Rei was supposed be best friends in the manga and it never really came through in the anime. As my two favorite characters, it'd be kinda nice to see.

Personally my favorite were Rei and Makoto... and I think Ami. I did not care much for Usagi or Minako.

I do not remember if Rei and Minako were best friends in the manga, but Minako had a bigger role than in the anime, and she practically was the second-in-command. And IIRC,
was the one slew Queen Beryl in the manga.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#24 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:18 PM

Major Bump!!!

Sailor Moon will be airing on July 5th around 6:00 AM EST. (19:00 hrs in Japanese shores) Mark your calendars!!!

latest?cb=20140126021943

#25 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:24 PM

Man, nostlagic. See, at least this show actually is a remake, not a redo. You know who I'm shooting at. Anyway, should be pleasing.

#26 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:32 PM

IT'S OUT! :dance:

http://www.hulu.com/...or-moon-crystal

#27 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:27 PM

Saw the episode and I love it. I have a feeling I'm going to like this version more than the original. The art is similar to the manga, which leads me to my question. Will this series be following the manga since the previous series obviously didn't?

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#28 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:35 PM

I believe that's the case.

#29 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:28 PM

My review:

I almost forgot about Sailor Moon Day for her official return to TV!

Looks like this is definitely a reboot, focusing more on the manga's storyline, rather than the Monster of the Day and fillers. At the end of the episode, it looks like Ami/Mercury will debut in the next episode, instead of waiting about 5 episodes later for her to show up.

Is it me or did I detected CGI during Usagi's transformation? Especially when the bows and skirt appeared? Its not that bad, but I liked her originals. I wonder the Sailor Senshi also have long transformations as Usagi's.

Mamoru's new VA sounds VERY manly here. Though, I don't like the roses during profile shots of introducing characters, then again that must be necessary because this is a shojo.

Other than that, can't wait for the next episode! Welcome back, Sailor Moon!! We missed you!

latest?cb=20140126021943

#30 Syn11

Syn11

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, psychology & oriental culture.

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:57 PM

I got disappointed watching it (starting with animation), Perhaps, childhood memories played a joke on me. Too old for such stuff now.

#31 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:53 AM

Yes there was CG in the transformation, and it looked some what cell shaded to me, but I loved it. The original of course will have it's place in awesomeness but the animation in this reboot was a breath of fresh air for me and so far I think it's going to be fun to watch.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#32 dylanrivers10000

dylanrivers10000

Blow this up like pyromania-def leppard

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Location:on the moon shadow and i blew up the earth, now along side the ENTIRE CALL OF DUTY FRANCHISE, and the A-TEAM
  • Interests:proving people that being stereotypical about me and bashing me is impolite, and is just rude!!!

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:26 AM

what sailor moon again of right

Neil-Young-Rockin-In-The-Fre-101219.jpg

#33 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:57 AM

What???

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#34 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:12 PM

I really loved the first episode, the CG transformation was a bit too much for me but it wasn't too bad IMO. I'm just happy they will follow the manga story line rather than the Monster of the Day and fillers, like Derock said.

I loved that Mamoru had a suit like in the manga ( still lol at Usagi comment about him wearing a suit in the middle of the day :lulz: ). Usagi is still Usagi, which is good, I just hope that they will make her more mature because I know that at some point in the manga, while she still act 'Usagi's style', she's alot more mature in the manga then in the anime.

I can't wait to watch the next episode, I'm so excited :excited:

#35 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:19 AM

Episode 2 is out.

Ami's new transformation is almost the same as the original but with more spinning and water effects. I guess the Senshi are given new moves since instead of Shabon Spray, Mercury used Aqua Mist.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#36 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:32 AM

I like the episode very much brings the nostalgia back.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#37 Angel

Angel

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Video Games, Magic the Gathering, eating healthy and exercising.

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:57 AM

I got to see Crystal at AX Los Angeles. Got to see the voice actors and got a poster, didnt get it signed though there were way to many people there to even try and get in line.

Literally this girl sat behind me that couldnt shut up and was screaming at the slightest provacation.

I still enjoyed the experience though.

#38 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:47 PM

Forgot to add in about Episode 3:

I don't know, unlike the previous episodes, Rei's appearance was very odd and awkward. Maybe because I'm so used to the original anime where Rei's character was over exaggerated to the point that she became a comic relief character (Sailor Moon S and later episodes).

Here, while she's now back to her original personality, she felt off to me. Next week is the Masquerade party where Usagi comes face to face to Mamoru.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#39 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (Jenskott @ Jul 11 2012, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it is a remake.

I would prefer they kept the sailor senshi personalities how they were in the manga: Usagi being less of a crybaby and growing into a competent, serious leader... Ray never being boys-crazy... Usagi and Mamoru actually suspecting about each other early on...

I would not mind if they kept the Monster Of The Week format, but maybe they should consider making longer arcs instead of episodic stories. Nowadays people does not seem liking a lot Monster of the Week shows.

It is not my favorite anime but it is one of my favorite shojo. I have good memories of watching it in the middle nineties, even if my interest is not what it was either.

I guess however, that plays in Japan. I don't mind monster of the week, but I always felt I got more out of having arcs rather than episodic formats.

Yeeeeesss for Minako and Rei <3 They're my two favourite as well. So far, I like the story. The CGI transformations bother me, but I'm getting used to the new animation. The only real problem with it is the porportions of the faces at times, with the bangs and top of the head seeming too large while the face is angular and pressed together, but altogether the new look isn't the worst. There are times it looks downright pretty, and I like how the colours pop. I'm enjoying that it follows the manga, and it does have some echoes of the old anime, such as the "In the name of the moon, I shall punish you!". 

I'm really hoping that it continues on and is successful. I still love these characters, and now that I'm older I can appreciate them more, in a new way. I've been wary of remakes since Teen Titans Go but this one hasn't been too bad at all. 

#40 starlitestarbrite

starlitestarbrite

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:59 PM

anyone have a link so I can watch it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users