#1 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:05 PM

http://www.narutoget...english-subbed/

they added a random scene with Hinata and changed the Sakura at Ichiraku scene :|

#2 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:33 PM

Overall, I didn't like the episode.

80% of it felt like filler (and I'm pretty sure it was from what I can recall), the animation was substandard, and then there was the totally unnecessary addition of Shikamaru and Hinata's discussion and flashback to her confrontation with Pein. While I understand the need for filler, you'd think they could put least at little more effort into making it worth watching.

I have to admit, I did like Karin's scene though, and the addition of the crying chuunin being moved by her story. heheelq7.png

The scene with everyone saying hi to Naruto was sweet too, especially the woman's words about it being lonely without him in the village. I definitely "daw"ed there whatthekitten.gif

Edited by Paptala, 21 July 2011 - 12:34 PM.

0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#3 Hokage Sennin

Hokage Sennin

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 01:00 PM

What's with the 167 refer? >.< The animators' love affair for Hinata again. And Karin's actions whenever she thinks about Naruto... Oh well. At least the animation is decent and much of the filler is funny. Despite the parts that I don't like, I still find this one satisfactory.

But it seems that after this we won't be seeing Sakura for quite some time sad.gif

Edited by Hokage Sennin, 21 July 2011 - 01:02 PM.

#4 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2011 - 01:30 PM

Let's see... --Click here to view--

I didn't like the episode very much. I don't hate fillers that much if they're at least a bit funny but this one was no such thing. The only thing I considered fun was Karin and her demands, hehe. Konohamaru and his gang were beyond annoying, as always. I hated his appearance more than Hinata's and that's saying something. As for the rest of the episode, it's ok. Sakura is always good to see, but I'm sad we won't be seeing her for a while.

Hehe, another episode I didn't like so much. I'm so hard to please. biggrin.gif

#5 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:13 PM

They ruined the Ichiraku Sakura scene forget it I won't see it. mad.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#6 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:40 PM

I think we're all biased when it comes to anything that has to do with Hinata. At first I didn't like it either but I just realized that the entire scene was meant to set up what would happen next in terms of Naruto controlling the Kyuubi. The scene showed no signs of Naruhina AT ALL. Hinata wasn't even blushing or anything. If anything, the episode had more Narusaku pairing hints. With the entire Konohamaru and Naruto having a love...HAHA, loved that. It made my day! Anyhow, the episode did clear up one piece. Guess "That Jutsu" still seems to truly exist...but it made it clear to me that the jutsu is just the 4th Hokage's sealing jutsu and Naruto is supposed to finish that. The translations cleared that up and it makes perfect sense.

Only thing to complain would be Sakura's smile. I guess the animation team really struggles when it comes to animating any of her facial exp​ressions...or they just suck. But the lead up to it was pretty good with Sakura running and seemingly being very excited to tell Naruto with her yelling his name down the street.

Anyhow, I enjoyed the episode and I'll give it a 7/10. It was full of some nice fun Naruto-comedy that we won't see for a long time after this.

Edited by naruto-z, 21 July 2011 - 04:41 PM.

#7 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (naruto-z @ Jul 21 2011, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If anything, the episode had more Narusaku pairing hints.

I didn't really see any. The only hint was the scene in Ichiraku, but it wasn't as good as the manga.

#8 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:25 PM

Ugh they ruined one of my faveorite scenes.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#9 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:46 PM

I watched the episode this time around, but why oh why must they mess up another important scene from the manga.... blarg!

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#10 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (Fyuria'sLeo @ Jul 21 2011, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ugh they ruined one of my faveorite scenes.

Leave it to Pierot to mess with NS moments and play favorites with a certain Hyuga. hm.png
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#11 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:57 PM

I didn't bothered to watch the whole episode, but I watched the Ichiruka scene and I can't really tell what's the difference from this version to the manga version, what's so terrible about it?

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#12 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:11 PM

same here I didnt see a single difference between the manga and anime in that scene.

I found Narutos pining over Ichiraku as his so called ""true love"" more annoying then anything.

as to the hinata scene, hoenstly it was more anti then pro. She was talking about his not being in control not about any personal feelings.

Edited by catsi563, 21 July 2011 - 07:12 PM.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#13 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:24 PM

Eh, it was... nothing special, really. The filler was out of place and pointless, and the Konohamaru Corps is getting really annoying. Naruto just wanted to get something to eat, for God's sake. Leave the poor guy alone.

I don't see anything really shippy in this episode. Like Shikamaru was thinking, this wasn't about relationships, it was about friendships. Hinata was concerned for Naruto as his friend, like any good person should be.

I hate the inclusion of prophecies and destiny in Naruto. It's something that I've hated since it was introduced.

#14 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:57 PM

stuff was a little weirder....like hinata's little realization on the kyuubi....ugh sakura could have just as easily done it, cause she actually saw him go 4 tails and witnessed what he becomes. i thought hinata was half dead in the manga when naruto went 6 tails?? maybe i was wrong? but i shouldnt complain about every little thing. so it was okay

Edited by merryGOflava, 21 July 2011 - 11:00 PM.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#15 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:44 PM

Naruto didn't do that arm thing that Sakura usually does (Kushina did it too I think?)

#16 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:57 AM

My Thoughts! --Click here to view--
I didn't really think it was that bad. Like people have said, there was nothing romantic about the Hinata scene, it was just to show Shikamaru's thoughts on Naruto and the Kyuubi. Shikamaru thought about Yamato too, and I don't think the anime team is shipping Naruto/Yamato. Hinata's got a big fanbase, so it's only natural she gets extra filler scenes. On top of that, she wasn't blushing at all. Though I am curious how she was able to sense his 'will' during that fight. She must have been less dead than we thought. Dang, Pein, you stink at killing minor characters!

As for the Sakura scene, I was a little disappointed, but it could have been worse. Sakura's smile was different, and Naruto's fist clench was a little different, but oh well. Some things don't really work as well in animation as they do in panels. I liked how she was yelling his name while she was running. In the manga, I felt like she was just making rounds, but here it looked like she was actively seeking him out. I also thought, during the manga, things felt a little bit awkward between them during that scene. Here, it was more like they were perfectly comfortable with each other. I guess that could seen as a good or bad thing, since it's like they've already moved past/forgot about Sakura's confession and are best friends again. But I guess it's just the anime, maybe I'm thinking too much into it.

The rest of the episode was alright. I'm not sure what I think of fillers interspersed with canon, I think it makes it harder for anime-only watchers to figure out what's canon and what's not. I guess it was alright overall.

I'm a little worried about the next episode though. Considering how much the anime team loves Hinata, I wonder if they're going to blow this thought bubble out of proportion. I mean, Naruto's thinking about Hinata, there might be some dangerous possiblities there *gulp*. But we'll see.

Also, it looks Shippuden finally caught up the the first anime in number of episodes (Naruto went for 220 episodes as I recall). I wonder if Naruto Shippuden will encompass the rest of the series, or if they'll start a third Naruto anime for the 4th Shinobi War Arc onward. I've heard Kishi recommended an acquaintance of his to the anime team, it'd be nice to see some change in the anime after some of the issues we've had in the last arc.

Oh, and two new episodes next week! Yay!

Edited by Boom...Winning, 22 July 2011 - 02:56 AM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#17 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 01:15 AM

QUOTE (naruto-z @ Jul 21 2011, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think we're all biased when it comes to anything that has to do with Hinata. At first I didn't like it either but I just realized that the entire scene was meant to set up what would happen next in terms of Naruto controlling the Kyuubi. The scene showed no signs of Naruhina AT ALL. Hinata wasn't even blushing or anything. If anything, the episode had more Narusaku pairing hints. With the entire Konohamaru and Naruto having a love...HAHA, loved that. It made my day! Anyhow, the episode did clear up one piece. Guess "That Jutsu" still seems to truly exist...but it made it clear to me that the jutsu is just the 4th Hokage's sealing jutsu and Naruto is supposed to finish that. The translations cleared that up and it makes perfect sense.

Only thing to complain would be Sakura's smile. I guess the animation team really struggles when it comes to animating any of her facial exp​ressions...or they just suck. But the lead up to it was pretty good with Sakura running and seemingly being very excited to tell Naruto with her yelling his name down the street.

Anyhow, I enjoyed the episode and I'll give it a 7/10. It was full of some nice fun Naruto-comedy that we won't see for a long time after this.

Yeah, I suppose its true that I'm biased against Hinata appearing in the anime, especially in conjunction with Naruto. It's likely because I'm well aware of the fact that the anime team adores Hinata, while she is quite honestly my least favorite character, and because I'm leery of how other "opposing factions", as it were, will take scenes like this.

As someone else mentioned, the scene could have just as easily taken place with Sakura instead of Hinata, as Sakura actually witnessed more of Naruto's KN4 transformation and was actually attacked by him while in that state - she has a better idea of Naruto loosing control in that state. So yeah, even though I'm more than likely being overly critical of her appearance, I can't really help that it simply bugs me.
QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jul 21 2011, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't really think it was that bad. Like people have said, there was nothing romantic about the Hinata scene, it was just to show Shikamaru's thoughts on Naruto and the Kyuubi. Shikamaru thought about Yamato too, and I don't think the anime team is shipping Naruto/Yamato. Hinata's got a big fanbase, so it's only natural she gets extra filler scenes. On top of that, she wasn't blushing at all. Though I am curious how she was able to sense his 'will' during that fight. She must have been less dead than we thought. Dang, Pein, you stink at killing minor characters!

As for the Sakura scene, I was a little disappointed, but it could have been worse. Sakura's smile was different, and Naruto's fish clench was a little different, but oh well. Some things don't really work as well in animation as they do in panels. I liked how she was yelling his name while she was running. In the manga, I felt like she was just making rounds, but here it looked like she was actively seeking him out. I also thought, during the manga, things felt a little bit awkward between them during that scene. Here, it was more like they were perfectly comfortable with each other. I guess that could seen as a good or bad thing, since it's like they've already moved past/forgot about Sakura's confession and are best friends again. But I guess it's just the anime, maybe I'm thinking too much into it.

The rest of the episode was alright. I'm not sure what I think of fillers interspersed with canon, I think it makes it harder for anime-only watchers to figure out what's canon and what's not. I guess it was alright overall.

I'm a little worried about the next episode though. Considering how much the anime team loves Hinata, I wonder if they're going to blow this thought bubble out of proportion. I mean, Naruto's thinking about Hinata, there might be some dangerous possiblities there *gulp*. But we'll see.

Also, it looks Shippuden finally caught up the the first anime in number of episodes (Naruto went for 220 episodes as I recall). I wonder if Naruto Shippuden will encompass the rest of the series, or if they'll start a third Naruto anime for the 4th Shinobi War Arc onward. I've heard Kishi recommended an acquaintance of his to the anime team, it'd be nice to see some change in the anime after some of the issues we've had in the last arc.

I really and honestly truly hope so ; I haven't been all that happy with way this series has been handled. On the one hand, I completely understand the need for fillers - but the teeter totter in quality of the animation, the horrendous abuse of flashbacks - come on Studio Pierrot dry.gif

Next episode could have the Naruto thinking about Hinata blown out of proportion, but hopefully in that case, they will also give equal treatment to Naruto's thoughts of when he hurt Sakura in KN4.

0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#18 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 01:50 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jul 21 2011, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Naruto's fish clench

fish...clench? headscratch.gif

#19 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE (pharix @ Jul 21 2011, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fish...clench? headscratch.gif

LOL, sorry, that's probably not the best way to describe it. I meant how in the manga he does that thing where he raises his clenched fist and puts his hand on his bicep. The same thing Sakura (and apparently Kushina) seem to do a lot. In this episode, he sort of does it, but it's not quite the same.

EDIT: @pharix: No way, you remember where he picks that random fish up while talking to Sakura?

Kidding, yeah that's what I meant. I don't know why I typed that. Freudian slip, I guess, I must be hungry for fish.

QUOTE (Paptala @ Jul 21 2011, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really and honestly truly hope so ; I haven't been all that happy with way this series has been handled. On the one hand, I completely understand the need for fillers - but the teeter totter in quality of the animation, the horrendous abuse of flashbacks - come on Studio Pierrot dry.gif

Next episode could have the Naruto thinking about Hinata blown out of proportion, but hopefully in that case, they will also give equal treatment to Naruto's thoughts of when he hurt Sakura in KN4.

Yeah, I didn't really have a huge issue with the Shippuden anime till the last few arcs. Just way too many flashbacks and animation flubs. Plus, the Hinata and Sasuke worship's getting a little tiring. The way they turned a one-page fight into half an episode of Hinata protecting Naruto was just too much.
But maybe my opinion of the anime is rooted to my bias, since it seems like my opinion of the anime changes with what ship it seems to push. I didn't have a problem with the Immortals Arc, when they took a sort-of SasuSaku scene from the manga, and turned it into a NaruSaku scene, with Sakura flashing back to Naruto supporting her, Yamato's unfinished sentence, and contemplating her 'changing feelings'.

Hopefully Naruto also flashbacks to Sakura getting hurt if they decide to overdo it with the Kyuubi rage flashbacks next time. I remember he actually thought of that scene while he was talking to Nagato, so maybe it'll happen again.

Edited by Boom...Winning, 22 July 2011 - 03:23 AM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#20 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:50 AM

did you mean fist not fish? O_o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users