• This topic is locked This topic is locked
77 replies to this topic

#21 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ May 7 2009, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Larry David is an anti-hero? Bender too? George from Seinfeld? Cartman? facepalm.png

You listed half comedy.

Yeah that was the only thing on the list I mean it.

#22 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:05 AM

I don't get what you're trying to convey.

How are the characters in a comedy series a tragic hero?

Also, Chucky was just pure evil. Man On Fire, I understand...

#23 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ May 7 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't get what you're trying to convey.

How are the characters in a comedy series a tragic hero?

Also, Chucky was just pure evil. Man On Fire, I understand...

On Wikipedia it was the only thing listed on their for some reason on the Anti hero list.

#24 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:46 AM

When talking about a tragic hero and his tragic flaw, it isn't a trivial one that does not lead to a change in the story or characters life. What a tragic flaw is, is one that leads to the tragic death. You could say Romeo's tragic flaw was lust and passion.

so in naruto's case, his personality quirks wouldn't cut it. his tragic flaw would be something more like the demon fox inside of him, this could actually lead to his destruction.

now the irreversible mistake could be another flaw of character or event or decision that directly leads to the death. the mistake wouldn't be evident until closer to his demise. in Romeo and Juliet's case it wasn't even their mistake, but that of the messenger, but more importantly, the whole chaos as a whole of the situation.

that is the way i see it, like i say every time.

#25 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE (jworks @ May 7 2009, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When talking about a tragic hero and his tragic flaw, it isn't a trivial one that does not lead to a change in the story or characters life. What a tragic flaw is, is one that leads to the tragic death. You could say Romeo's tragic flaw was lust and passion.

so in naruto's case, his personality quirks wouldn't cut it. his tragic flaw would be something more like the demon fox inside of him, this could actually lead to his destruction.

now the irreversible mistake could be another flaw of character or event or decision that directly leads to the death. the mistake wouldn't be evident until closer to his demise. in Romeo and Juliet's case it wasn't even their mistake, but that of the messenger, but more importantly, the whole chaos as a whole of the situation.

that is the way i see it, like i say every time.

But Naruto has never been the character of a Tragic hero it fits more Sasuke than anyone I think at least.

#26 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:54 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ May 7 2009, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hinata had her boob shield. :teehee:

Ah yes, the ultimate shield, especially since they're super sized.

#27 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE (Kurosaki Ichigo @ May 7 2009, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah yes, the ultimate shield, especially since they're super sized.

The Absolute Defense. :teehee:

#28 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ May 7 2009, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOl yes the best defense.

#29 naruto-sama

naruto-sama

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Games, NaruSaku, HHr, Coffee xD

Posted 08 May 2009 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ May 7 2009, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The good guys may die, but not the young good guys. Kishimoto can't even kill off a character that plainly took a direct hit from a killer who usually always kills his target yes, Hinata I'm looking at you, so the idea that Naruto will somehow be the first and only of the Rookie 9 to die, just doesn't seem very plausible or likely to me.

I was talking about the future, and Naruto is no gonna remain young forever... to me the series still have a long way to go.
surely Naruto don't fit the "tragic hero" character, but he is surely the only one selfish enough to sacrifice himself for his "precious people". ..

+1 :teehee: :teehee:

#30 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 03:28 AM

QUOTE (naruto-sama @ May 7 2009, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was talking about the future, and Naruto is no gonna remain young forever... to me the series still have a long way to go.
surely Naruto don't fit the "tragic hero" character, but he is surely the only one selfish enough to sacrifice himself for his "precious people". ..

+1 :teehee: :teehee:

True but I still doubt that he'll die

#31 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 08 May 2009 - 03:37 AM

Much more effective than even the Rotation technique. :cookie:
And more *useful* :teehee:

#32 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 08 May 2009 - 03:38 AM

Okay okay, enough cracks and jokes about Hinata's boobs rolleyes.gif

#33 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ May 7 2009, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fine. Back on topic. :teehee:

#34 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 03:44 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ May 7 2009, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok Sakura

#35 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:42 AM

These are all interesting points...but this is a Shonen Manga. The main hero/character practically never dies, and almost always realizes their dreams in the end. And Kishomoto is nothing, if not a staunch follower of shonen guidelines.

In fact, Shauna, there's many instances of main heroes/characters dying in Shonen manga. There're a lot mangas/animes where the good guys cast is completely slaughtered or the main hero/heroine forfeits his/her life for saving his/her friends and/or the whole world (I won't bore you with names).

Nevertheless, Naruto doesn't feel like that kind of series to me. And I usually see it coming. Kishimoto seems unable kill the kids, so I think it's unlikely the main character dies.

Unless he's trying to blindside us completely, that is.

Anyway, Naruto isn't a Shakespeare theater drama. It's a Japanese comic-book, written in the late twentieth century/early twenty-first century. It operates under completely different rules and it's aimed towards a completely different demographic, so trying predecting future developments in Naruto using King Lear/Macbeth/Otello/Whatever it's absurd and pointless.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#36 Kori

Kori

Uchiha Itachi Fan

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Music. i'm a huge A7X (Avenged Sevenfold) fan and like Disterbed and Slipknot.

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:47 PM

Woah, this got WAY out of hand lol i was gone for like idk how long and...just wow lol
also this is my first hot topic! ^/\^
"We are but men, drawn to act in the name of revenge we deem to be "justice". But when we call our vengeance "justice", it only breeds more revenge...forging the first link in the chains of hatred." -Pain

"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts...their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?" -Itachi Uchiha

#37 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE (Kori @ May 8 2009, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Woah, this got WAY out of hand lol i was gone for like idk how long and...just wow lol
also this is my first hot topic! ^/\^

congrats and I stil think that he going to have a happy ending because this is forces on the next generation so, I doubt that Naruto will die it just doesn't feel like the Shouen manga will go down that route I mean The next generation will supress the older one so if that happens he will not die ^^.

#38 Kori

Kori

Uchiha Itachi Fan

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Music. i'm a huge A7X (Avenged Sevenfold) fan and like Disterbed and Slipknot.

Posted 08 May 2009 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ May 8 2009, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
congrats and I stil think that he going to have a happy ending because this is forces on the next generation so, I doubt that Naruto will die it just doesn't feel like the Shouen manga will go down that route I mean The next generation will supress the older one so if that happens he will not die ^^.

well we'll have to wait for the ending. it's not like i expect him to die anyway, i just made the connection which is really why i posted lol
"We are but men, drawn to act in the name of revenge we deem to be "justice". But when we call our vengeance "justice", it only breeds more revenge...forging the first link in the chains of hatred." -Pain

"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts...their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?" -Itachi Uchiha

#39 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE (Kori @ May 8 2009, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well we'll have to wait for the ending. it's not like i expect him to die anyway, i just made the connection which is really why i posted lol

Yeap will just have to wait ^^

#40 Kori

Kori

Uchiha Itachi Fan

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ May 8 2009, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeap will just have to wait ^^

i have to admit it would be very clever on Kishi's part if he did this

P.S. brothers 5 posted this morning just thought i should let you know

Edited by Kori, 09 May 2009 - 01:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users