7 replies to this topic

#1 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:59 AM

Am I the only one who thinks this needs to happen for minecraft?

Heavy Equipment Examples

Edited by Night Hawk, 22 April 2014 - 02:52 AM.

#2 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:11 AM

That would be pretty cool, but it would be pretty hard to do, something like a backhoe would need controls to move the backhoe itself but also controls for the arm, further more it would have to factor in mining levels too, and unless it able to mine more than one block at a time than most people would find the mod totally pointless, I mean in vanilla you can clear out a large area fast with a Efficiency V Diamond Pick and a Hast II Beacon.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#3 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:40 PM

It only needs more npcs and cities the game needs to be more lively rather than a desert with npcs who cant speak and looks like tibetan monks.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 22 April 2014 - 12:42 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#4 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:47 PM

That would be pretty cool, but it would be pretty hard to do, something like a backhoe would need controls to move the backhoe itself but also controls for the arm, further more it would have to factor in mining levels too, and unless it able to mine more than one block at a time than most people would find the mod totally pointless, I mean in vanilla you can clear out a large area fast with a Efficiency V Diamond Pick and a Hast II Beacon.

Eh, unless you're like me. You hardly ever find enough diamond to make that many things and rely on iron or stone tools most of the time. For the kind of crappy player I am, it'd be pretty useful... they'd make your world look a little cooler as well XD. someone who's never played or seen the game before looks at your world and sees all the equipment sitting around, "Daaaamn, bro! You've been busy!" 

#5 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:13 AM

Eh, unless you're like me. You hardly ever find enough diamond to make that many things and rely on iron or stone tools most of the time. For the kind of crappy player I am, it'd be pretty useful... they'd make your world look a little cooler as well XD. someone who's never played or seen the game before looks at your world and sees all the equipment sitting around, "Daaaamn, bro! You've been busy!" 

I'm not that good of a player either, manly because while I've had an account since February last year, I've only had a computer capable of running it for 6 days. But in those 6 days I've found that a bedrock mine can be much more fruitful than caving (admittedly I've been playing with mods because I'm waiting for 1.8 to start a vanilla world).

Also if someone who's never played or seen the game before looks at your world and sees something like half a mountain carved away and you tells them you did it all with a pick they would probably have a similar reaction.

It only needs more npcs and cities the game needs to be more lively rather than a desert with npcs who cant speak and looks like tibetan monks.

I think that Minecraft needs more mobs period. I mean in 1.7 they added the Savanna biome so they should add lions to go along with it. Personally I'd like to see a lot more biome specific mobs, something like Bears in the Forests, Goats in Extreme Hills, Camels in the Desert, Whales in the Deep Ocean.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#6 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:05 PM

I'm not that good of a player either, manly because while I've had an account since February last year, I've only had a computer capable of running it for 6 days. But in those 6 days I've found that a bedrock mine can be much more fruitful than caving (admittedly I've been playing with mods because I'm waiting for 1.8 to start a vanilla world).

Also if someone who's never played or seen the game before looks at your world and sees something like half a mountain carved away and you tells them you did it all with a pick they would probably have a similar reaction.

I think that Minecraft needs more mobs period. I mean in 1.7 they added the Savanna biome so they should add lions to go along with it. Personally I'd like to see a lot more biome specific mobs, something like Bears in the Forests, Goats in Extreme Hills, Camels in the Desert, Whales in the Deep Ocean.

I believe they have a mod for other animal species. I've seen sharks in rivers (of all places for the bastards to be) elephants, tigers, lions, werewolves, and tons more on certain YouTube channels that play a lot of Minecraft. LDShadowlady comes to mind. 

#7 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:53 PM

I believe they have a mod for other animal species. I've seen sharks in rivers (of all places for the bastards to be) elephants, tigers, lions, werewolves, and tons more on certain YouTube channels that play a lot of Minecraft. LDShadowlady comes to mind. 

Yeah there is the Mo Creatures Mod, Mojang worked with the creators of it to make the horses for 1.6, but I was talking about how Mojang should add more mobs to vanilla.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#8 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:26 AM

Yeah there is the Mo Creatures Mod, Mojang worked with the creators of it to make the horses for 1.6, but I was talking about how Mojang should add more mobs to vanilla.

Yeah, it's pretty dull. Wouldn't bother me one bit if he took creepers away, though, the bastards! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users