#61 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:15 PM

With Babalu on the turret wasting away any zombie scum that came in front of us, we were able to go for a nice stroll in the infected Haven City which had now became a barren wasteland. It seemed we were the only other humans in the vicinity for the time being. I followed the directions from the map I had taken earlier and eventually found the street that led to the museum. The facility was absolutely humongous as it was placed high on top of what looked to be a hundred steps. Screw running up all those steps I just switched gears to all wheel drive and drove up right to the entrance doors!

Babalu and I hoped out of the Warthog and grabbed all the items we needed, making sure clips were loaded and we had all the necessary items in our knapsacks. I looked through the clear glass doors for any signs of life. Not a single thing moved or made a sound. This could only mean the whole place was crawling with vermin and waiting for us to enter. We slowly opened the entrance doors which made a very sharp creaking sound...as if the museum was very ancient and hadn't been opened in years. There was a control panel on the left wall as we walked in and we clicked/moved the switches a few times but nothing happened. "Looks like the power is gone. We'll have to find a backpack source or something" I told my partner. We pulled our flashlights out of our backpacks and held it in our hand along with a pistol in the other. Since we were in the front lobby I went over to the Information booth and tried turning on the computer but to no avail as it didn't turn on. Rummaging through the table with scattered financial papers and check-in statements, I found a little pamphlet giving us a layout of the museum. I opened it up and searched for the Ancient Egypt exhibit. The directions were as the following:

Information Desk --> make right to Ice Age exhibit--> take elevator to second floor --> Go straight through the Colonial Period exhibit --> take another right to the Jurassic Period Exhibit --> Make a left and enter the Ancient Egypt exhibit

Looking through the information booth one last time for anything useful the only thing I picked up was some scissors, a granola bar, a pack of matches, a pack of gum, and a pen. Normally nothing useful in our predicament, but you never know right? Once we both got out of the booth we found three different entrances leading to a various exhibit. I found the sign saying "Ice Age Exhibit" on the right hallway and me and Babalu opened the doors and entered the huge exhibit. Just from where we were standing I could see across the huge area and noticed how it took upon the appearance of the Ice Age by having some blue icy looking tiles and plainness looking scenery. Scanning thoroughly I saw a little patch of vegetation and scrummaged through it just in case something was there. Low and behold I found a GREEN HERB! I put it away for later use in my knapsack. Babalu was looking through and examining all the fake creatures.

QUOTE ("Babalu")
"Hey Logan, how awesome would it be to have one of these Sabertooths?! Instead of taking it out for a walk, you could just ride it and go big game hunting!"

I just laughed and shook my head. "Yeah too bad they're extinct and the closest shot you have is this stuffed one" We moved on and stuck side by side as we trekked through the Ice Age area. So far nothing went wrong and we neared towards the end of the lobby. For once it looked like we could be on our way without something crawling up our rear. But of course there is always something.

QUOTE (Babalu)
"Hey you hear that little...clicking sound? Sounds like Chirping..?"

"Yeah that is strange..I think it's coming from over there" I pointed to a scenario in which Two Caveman had taken down a giant buffalo of some sorts. There was even a blood pool on the floor that made it look fresh. Some pretty neat special effec---

Wait a minute....

We slowly walked over with our flashlights held low and as we got closer I saw what looked to be a lone arm...a human arm....and then

It was like a great big brown oval with a single black spot on top of it. It had six legs and what looked to be antennas on it's forehead. And it was eating away at what was formerly a human torso.

QUOTE ("Babalu")
"Holy kitten dude, its a kittening cockroach!!! A mutant cockroach of all things! These bastards have been around ever since the freaking dinosaurs!"

Not only was he talking too loud but Babalu made the faint mistake of shining his light on the giant insect which instantly attracted its attention. But unlike normal cockroaches which would typically run away, it's big red eyes glared at us both and began to ..hiss? as it barred its teeth. "What the hell is this thing?!?" Babalu didn't waste a second and unloaded his clip into the thing as it simply squirmed and yellowish guts splatted to the floor.

QUOTE (Babalu")
Jesus Christ I don't want to mess with something like that. I HATE bugs. Seriously thank God it wasn't a freaking spider, but no way in hell do I want to deal with more of these things.
And as if on cue, we heard more chirping and turned around to see what looked like fourteen pairs of red eyes staring directly at the both of us.

"I hope you brought a can of raid..."

#62 hokuten

hokuten

I am CLUTCH.

• Kage
  • 8,014 posts
  • Interests:EHRGEIZ: God Bless The Ring!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:11 PM

I had slowly turned around, my head twitching in utter disgust, and simply looked at my partner who wasn't quite as shocked at our predicament, but also sensed what I was thinking.

"RUN!"

We both yelled at each other and just bolted as fast as we could down the hallway, as the swarm of mutant cockroaches started chasing after us. As we were running through the exhibit, running through each of the different ice age exhibits, just down the hallway I saw a large red barrel drum with a chemical sign on it stating "DANGER: FLAMMABLE". I pointed it out and Logan had picked it up as well. I pulled out my pistol shot a hole into the drum and the chemicals started to spill out. As we jumped over the pooling liquids, Logan lit the matches and threw them into the liquid trail behind us. The fire trail lit up and we just hauled ass around the corner as the loud clicking sounds from the cockroaches all turned and followed the flame back to the barrel.

BOOM!

The barrel exploded and smoke filled the hallway with blown up pieces of dead cockroaches. The worst part was that there were still some body parts still twitching and moving. I thought I was going to puke, but manage to get a hold of myself, and simply walked away.

"There's your damn can of raid, b*tches! EXTRA LARGE!"

I shook off the shivers, ejected the empty clip from before, and cocked my AK-47 as I said the line. Logan looked at me and just shook his head.

QUOTE ("Logan")
"Yeah yeah you big baby."

Logan said as he was poking fun at me and my insect phobia, and hit the elevator button. Luckily the power was still on, although the most of the lighting fixtures in the museum so far were either broken, or flickering. It was like being in a really bad movie, except we were right in the middle of it. And expecting the worse, as the elevator started to reach our floor, we took a step back and readied our guns. At that moment the doors opened and made a dinging sound. The lights inside took a while to flicker on, but finally it turned on.

QUOTE ("Logan")
"Finally something not jumping out at us for once."

He said as we both lowered our guns and stepped into the elevator. I then hit the button for the second floor, and hit the close button. After a minute the doors didn't close immediately, and directly across from us in the opposite elevator doors started to open. The lights were off, but we could hear something moving.

"Oh kitten..."

I simply said quietly so as not to draw attention. We both slowly moved to the sides of the elevator and I reached forward to rapidly tap the close button. Just then two hunters slowly stepped out of the opposite elevator and started trying to sniff us out. Our elevator doors just then started to close just before one of the hunters was about to step in. At that moment, we both sighed in relief and leaned against the back of the elevator.

QUOTE ("Logan")
"Never a dull moment..."

I looked at him with an annoyed face as every time he uses some kind of a line, something always seems to happen. He shrugged his shoulders and just got his rifle ready. The elevator doors opened, and the hallway was dark. He walked out cautiously checking our corners back to back, and it was clear.

We saw the sign and followed it to the Colonial exhibit area. From the echos in the hall, it sounded like regular zombies were populating that area, and we took out our pistols for some easy target practice.

sushiset1_shrimp.gifHard-Gay-animated-sprite.gif
"Shiny. Let's go be bad guys."

#63 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:15 AM

QUOTE (hokuten @ Feb 16 2010, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I looked at him with an annoyed face as every time he uses some kind of a line, something always seems to happen. He shrugged his shoulders and just got his rifle ready. The elevator doors opened, and the hallway was dark. He walked out cautiously checking our corners back to back, and it was clear.

We saw the sign and followed it to the Colonial exhibit area. From the echos in the hall, it sounded like regular zombies were populating that area, and we took out our pistols for some easy target practice.

Gnarling sounds could be heard as I took the left and Babalu stood across me as in front of the double door entrance to the Colonial exhibit. It was populated by a gang of zombies and I counted 12 or 15 of them inside. They were prying apart what looked to be a ornamental Thanksgiving Dinner, and eating at the remains of wax figures of Pilgrims.

Babalu and I checked our clips and made sure we had enough ammo. Click. Click. Our handguns were loaded and I began counting down from three with my fingers. BOOM! A loud crash as we burst threw the doors and immediately opened fire head-shooting the first three zombies that we caught off attention. Babalu grabbed a chair from his right side and tossed it as hard as he could as it slammed and knocked back two zombies. However, no matter how fast we worked the zombies eventually caught on and made their ways towards us in a circular prison.

QUOTE (Babalu)
"Oh kitten!! We're gonna be surrounded. You know what that means. BACK-TO-BACK!!"

I once again faced the left side of the room with Babalu covering the right side. I reloaded my handgun by adding another clip and fired at the closest zombies that came towards us. We never moved more than two feet apart from one another and made sure that both our blind spots were covered, giving us nearly 360 degree vision. If a zombie got too close, I'd quickly give it a side jab-kick and fire away at the shins. Headshot between the eyes, knees blown out, and skull crushing punch to the face via Babalu went on for about ten minutes before the sound of dead beings eventually got drawn out by us gasping for air.

Zombies were splattered all over the floor with tons of blood scattered around the room. I gave Babalu a dap and we agreed on a five minute breather. Might as well check out some old American history while we're here right? There wasn't much of interest excluding you're typical Colonial items. There were lots of parchment on the table with different types of scribbled notes on them and I couldn't really make them out since they were in Old English. I was about to move away until I came across a few papers that had a different colored ink on them...almost fresh. I skimmed it really quick and at that moment my eyes became wide as saucers.

"Oi Babalu, check this out!"

How long have I worked? How many years have I spent and dedicated my life to do this aching task? And when I could have finally grasped it within my reach, it is all but taken away from me. All those incidents must have been a bad omen. That night in the mansion. The fiasco in the Hive Center. The leakage into Raccoon City. That Veronica girl. Even all the way down in Antarctica. I shouldn't have ignored these occurrences and realized that I could not have trusted that man. He has robbed me of not only everything materialistic item I own, but of my dreams. Why could he not even leave an old man is life long dream? Haven City was supposed to be my last sanctum. The last resort I had to saving my dream and still having been able to attain it. And now he has even followed me here.

I can sense his presence just from his murky smell. He wants the vials and only I know of the location. But it won't be easy as simply unlocking a safe and packing it away in a suitcase. Oh no, I took great precaution in making sure they are spread out and hidden across the city with all the right measures. Even if he was to kill me, he would lose any hope of finding them even if he tore this entire city apart! The Hunter Killer squad is well prepared to take him down once he steps foot in this lodge and then it will be I, Ozwell E. Spencer that will---

"And it cuts off there.." I said.

QUOTE (Babalu)
What the hell is this man. This is not part of the exhibit. We're in far too deep and have no freaking clue about what we're dealing with. Things are getting creepy man, and not in an extreme way!

I nodded my head and put the paper in my knapsack. There wasn't anything else that looked to be useful or of importance so we went on our way to the next exhibit, the dinosaur room.

#64 hokuten

hokuten

I am CLUTCH.

• Kage
  • 8,014 posts
  • Interests:EHRGEIZ: God Bless The Ring!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (True @ Mar 10 2010, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I nodded my head and put the paper in my knapsack. There wasn't anything else that looked to be useful or of importance so we went on our way to the next exhibit, the dinosaur room.

As we entered into the next exhibit, it was dark with some lighting, and filled with fake jungle-like plants that was supposed to represent the Jurassic era. Along with the room being dark, there was a heavy thick musky smell. We couldn't tell if it was the exhibit still active, or something else must have happened. But the air was hot and thick with the smell of heavy plant life, despite the plants being fake. But there were some plants that appeared to be real. As we crept though the exhibit, there were some spotlights that were working, while others were blinking. That was when I had noticed something...

"How come there aren't any dinosaurs in the dinosaur exhibit?"

Logan looked at me like I was being silly, but then looked around more carefully, and noticed it as well. Something didn't feel right, like we were being watched, or something was lurking in the background. And it wasn't like the normal uneasy feeling that a zombie or hunter was there. This as something ... bigger ... something more worse than what we've encountered before.

We pushed forward further through the exhibit, and saw some blood stained drag marks that go off in different directions, but more so into the direction of where the velociraptor section was, which was very suspicious. But was even more eerie was that it was completely quiet where we were. There wasn't any sounds, or ambiance in the background. Not even the occasional zombie groan, or moan. Usually by now we would be jumped by or run into a group of zombies, or hunters, or even zombie dogs, but nothing. Not even more of those disgusting infected insects.

Something was wrong, and it was making our guts turn into knots. We finally had made our way back to the Museum labs, where we were supposed to pick up whatever that guy on the laptop wanted us to.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CODE
SYSTEM REBOOT . . .

NEMESIS ONLINE!
ASSESSING DAMAGE . . . MINIMAL
RECOVERY MODE AT 80%
REACQUIRING TARGETS . . . GPS SIGNAL ACQUIRED!

CONTINUING PURSUIT AND RETRIEVAL . . .

"SSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSS"

Was all the Nemesis could say, even though his targets were not apart of the S.T.A.R.S. unit. And it began making it's way towards the Haven City Museum.

sushiset1_shrimp.gifHard-Gay-animated-sprite.gif
"Shiny. Let's go be bad guys."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users