502 replies to this topic

#21 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:05 AM

Yeah sakura and syaoran is starting to become my opt!

Also is it just me but is syaoran really hot when he gets older?

Rika are you beginning watch CSS?

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#22 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:10 AM

Cardcaptor.Sakura.600.805468.jpg
Cardcaptor.Sakura.full.1026036.jpg

You should try tsubasa chronicles manga if u love this couple, there's an alternate world syaoran and sakura all grown up featured in that manga and its completed905d8aca99f96958c2868e2495c496c6.jpg

Edited by Hanabi, 21 April 2016 - 07:13 AM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#23 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:34 PM

It's not really idiotic, as just in... useless? I understand cutting scenes when it comes to time frame, but changing the conversations can cause misunderstandings with regards to the characters' personalities.

yes that is true but anyway that's my point. It seems silly and unnecessary for them to change dialogue, but it happens, though I still enjoy enjoyed the dub a lot cause I didn't even know about the dialogue change or cutting out scenes. Although i remember specifically the last episode cut out a huge scene between Sakura and Syaoran,so I was upset about that. -_-

Edited by Phantom_999, 02 May 2016 - 11:48 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#24 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:11 PM

Rika are you beginning watch CSS?

Yeah i just started getting into the series I asked my friend about and she told me interesting stuff about the series and the weird student teacher romance. I also remember watching the tv show way back then but i never got into it because the show looked "too girly for me" And the dub tryed to make the show look like a "boy show".  :ermm:

You should try tsubasa chronicles manga if u love this couple, there's an alternate world syaoran and sakura all grown up featured in that manga and its completed905d8aca99f96958c2868e2495c496c6.jpg

I read some few chapters and summaries about the series but its a bit confusing. And do you also like the couple? 

#25 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:25 PM

Yeah i just started getting into the series I asked my friend about and she told me interesting stuff about the series and the weird student teacher romance. I also remember watching the tv show way back then but i never got into it because the show looked "too girly for me" And the dub tryed to make the show look like a "boy show".  :ermm:

I read some few chapters and summaries about the series but its a bit confusing. And do you also like the couple? 

Good follow the series. About the student-teacher relationship is not so much focus in the anime like in the manga. Please tell us your thoughts about any episode you like so much. One more thing watch and read everything about CCS even the fan doujin.

#26 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:25 PM

All types of love are potrayed in a positive light in clamp's manga, even a relationship with a robot as seen in 'chobits' (clamp is a team of mangaka who did cardcaptor, xxxholic, tsubasa, chobits etc)

Besides, the sensei is not taking advantage of the student rika, there's just several scenes showing rika's puppy love. And SPOILER.. sakura parents were in a similar kind of relationship.

Cardcaptor is a shojo manga and tsubasa is a shonen manga, and these 2 are just loosely connected as tsubasa focus mainly on alternate worlds. You should finish cardcaptor before trying out tsubasa.. i only managed to finish tsubasa because of my love for syaosaku.. didnt enjoy it as much as cardcaptor because tsubasa's shonen genre put syaoran to the protagonist position and sakura becomes more of a supporting character.. and the convulted plot thanks to time paradox...i hear some of the clamp members were confused as well, when the manga was still ongoing.

If u enjoy shonen fights then try tsubasa, and if u love syaosaku definitely go for this after cardcaptor xD

Edited by Hanabi, 21 April 2016 - 06:35 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#27 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 22 April 2016 - 01:30 PM

All types of love are potrayed in a positive light in clamp's manga, even a relationship with a robot as seen in 'chobits' (clamp is a team of mangaka who did cardcaptor, xxxholic, tsubasa, chobits etc)

Besides, the sensei is not taking advantage of the student rika, there's just several scenes showing rika's puppy love. And SPOILER.. sakura parents were in a similar kind of relationship.

Cardcaptor is a shojo manga and tsubasa is a shonen manga, and these 2 are just loosely connected as tsubasa focus mainly on alternate worlds. You should finish cardcaptor before trying out tsubasa.. i only managed to finish tsubasa because of my love for syaosaku.. didnt enjoy it as much as cardcaptor because tsubasa's shonen genre put syaoran to the protagonist position and sakura becomes more of a supporting character.. and the convulted plot thanks to time paradox...i hear some of the clamp members were confused as well, when the manga was still ongoing.

If u enjoy shonen fights then try tsubasa, and if u love syaosaku definitely go for this after cardcaptor xD

Honestly, l disliked the Sakura in Tsubasa. She was merely a damsel in distress.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#28 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:38 PM

Honestly, l disliked the Sakura in Tsubasa. She was merely a damsel in distress.

me too, but it's the typical shonen law for girls.. sakura as the supporting character kept me from reading tsubasa for some years, even though i know of this manga. i only read it in 2013  :sweat: and then i realize kinomoto sakura and sakura-hime are totally different characters in different worlds, so yeah.. i tried not to compare them.

the damsel in distress thing is quite annoying, but in sakura-hime's case it was because she is so powerful that she was stripped of her memory and kept from the power.. quite the irony. her best showing is the tokyo relevations arc and chess arc. i really like that she solved their problems by gambling on the small chance, and how she comforted fai by telling him it's not his fault  :umm:

Edited by Hanabi, 22 April 2016 - 06:00 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#29 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 03:58 PM

I am in between to see tsubasa, but somehow my heart won't resist if I check the series.

#30 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 04:05 PM

I am in between to see tsubasa, but somehow my heart won't resist if I check the series.

go for it  :argh: i support you  :excited: ask me anything :pimp:

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#31 DattebayoXShannaro

DattebayoXShannaro

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Interests:anime/ manga, TCGs, JRPGs

Posted 22 April 2016 - 05:10 PM

I've read up to after Tokyo Revelations in Tsubasa Chronicle.  I haven't read further because I wanted to read xxxHolic since the stories happen parallel, and want to get the full experience, despite the confusing storyline.  I hear both have a sequel that's ongoing.

Edited by DattebayoXShannaro, 22 April 2016 - 05:11 PM.

#32 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:05 PM

I've read up to after Tokyo Revelations in Tsubasa Chronicle.  I haven't read further because I wanted to read xxxHolic since the stories happen parallel, and want to get the full experience, despite the confusing storyline.  I hear both have a sequel that's ongoing.

i didn't bother with xxxholic :excited:  tsubasa alone was too depressing for me :umm: i don't want to have my feels all scattered again if i read xxxholic :argh:

yeah "Tsubasa World Chronicles: Tale of Niraikanai" just ended a while ago  :umm: it was just 19 chapters introducing a world that's supposed to be linked to the world in xxxholic  :argh:

Edited by Hanabi, 22 April 2016 - 06:10 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#33 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:10 PM

Cardcaptor.Sakura.600.805468.jpg

Cardcaptor.Sakura.full.1026036.jpg

Your profile is my absolute favorite pic of Sakura and Shaoran (and maybe manga artwork). The thing I like about CCS is that the artwork is just so beautiful. CLAMP really paid a lot of attention to the artwork for this manga.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#34 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:41 PM

We need another visit here:

#35 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:24 PM

me too, but it's the typical shonen law for girls.. sakura as the supporting character kept me from reading tsubasa for some years, even though i know of this manga. i only read it in 2013  :sweat: and then i realize kinomoto sakura and sakura-hime are totally different characters in different worlds, so yeah.. i tried not to compare them.

the damsel in distress thing is quite annoying, but in sakura-hime's case it was because she is so powerful that she was stripped of her memory and kept from the power.. quite the irony. her best showing is the tokyo relevations arc and chess arc. i really like that she solved their problems by gambling on the small chance, and how she comforted fai by telling him it's not his fault  :umm:

That reminds me with the way how the character kairi from the video game gets treated she get kidnapped a lot and gets neglected from the writers when it comes to her role as the herione. While thats happening the main male leads have this overdone bromance thing going on.  :down:

Your profile is my absolute favorite pic of Sakura and Shaoran (and maybe manga artwork). The thing I like about CCS is that the artwork is just so beautiful. CLAMP really paid a lot of attention to the artwork for this manga.

Thank you! And yeah clamp art is pretty and very shojo but at the same time its a bit dated.

We need another visit here:

This time with sakura and syaoran  as bf/gf.  :love: 

Edited by rikakim94, 22 April 2016 - 08:25 PM.

#36 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:39 PM

anyone ship Yukito and Toya? :wink:

Edited by Phantom_999, 23 April 2016 - 04:00 PM.

#37 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 01:05 AM

anyone ship Yukio and Toya? :wink:

You mean that gay ship?

#38 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 01:28 AM

YES. :smile:

#39 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 02:12 AM

In the series love it limitless you can say and it is normal.

The only two normal couple are Sakura and Shaora and the Mayazaki and the girl I don't remember her, but I think there were the first couple in becoming canon since the beginning I believe.

#40 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 04:58 AM

In the series love it limitless you can say and it is normal.

The only two normal couple are Sakura and Shaora and the Mayazaki and the girl I don't remember her, but I think there were the first couple in becoming canon since the beginning I believe.

it's yamazaki and chiharu :excited:  

i love his stories where no one but syaoran and sakura are dumb enough to believe it :lmao: even more so with eriol 

Edited by Hanabi, 23 April 2016 - 04:58 AM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users