37 replies to this topic

#21 One Piece Nation

One Piece Nation

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 11:11 PM

Same feelings here plus my rage at the fact that Sasuke gets away with everything he did since his betrayal in part one just because he helped out in the final battle which he only did for his own reasons, not to help the Shinobi Alliance and everyone just seems to go along with it; no signs of protest or anything from the other Kage or shinobi. Kishi doesn't even try to hide his blatant favoritism of Sasuke by the War Arc.

On top of that, Kishi clearly tries to absolve the entire Uchiha Clan of any and all responsibility for their choices and actions, trying to paint them as 100% completely innocent victims, even inventing an incredibly stupid "Curse of Hatred" (they "love more than anyone so had to seal it off"), while seeming to try to put all of the blame on Konoha, and Tobirama in particular, and despite Tobirama's explanations, it seems to have worked with a chunk of the fan base who simply and blindly paint him as a heartless tyrant who endlessly persecuted the perfectly innocent Uchiha Clan and that if it weren't only for him, then the Uchiha would "never" have planned a coup and the massacre never would have happened and so on. That's not to say Tobirama didn't make his own mistakes that contributed to the problem, but he's hardly the only one to blame.

I agree with you somewhat and don't blame you for losing interest cause you gave a reason that was not "well NarSaku did not happen and I dont like the ending so i hate it now.     

"It’s wrong to resent a child for the sins of his father.” -Edward Newgate “Whitebeard” (One Piece).

#22 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 07 October 2016 - 12:13 AM

Im not saying your not true i was not sure how to word it sorry but the point is that Naruto and Sakura are still great Sakura is great in Gaiden and gives everything up so she can be there for her child i think thats pretty great. Naruto not being there for his family make some sense he is busy and you see in Boruto he is trying harder now to be there.   

"Naruto and Sakura are still great?"

What? 

Sakura is absolute trash. Like I don't even know where to begin with Sakura. First off, she knows that Sasuke is on a mission that in his own words, involves enemies presumably stronger than Kaguya. Knowing that, she wanders off while pregnant to find Sasuke, choosing her own ridiculous fantasies over the life of her child. She constantly lies to Salad about her relationship with Sasuke, and when she gets called on it, damn near kills Salad. She doesn't talk to her daughter, she tries to shut her up via intimidation. From the very beginning, Sakura was not qualified to even call herself a mother. Not to mention, she walks in when Naruto has a sword sticking through his gut, but instead of doing her job, she completely ignores that and starts drooling over Sasuke, as opposed to tending to someone that supposedly was a friend. 

Naruto isn't just "not there" for his family, he neglects his family. Naruto neglects his family. Naruto. The same person that was orphaned, an outcast, never had a family, and had to wait until he was 13 to find someone that actually cared about him (Iruka) and then continued to get neglected by most others up until Jiraiya took over his training. That Naruto. And that Naruto neglects his child?

No. From 693 onward, Sakura was absolute and utter trash, with Naruto following shortly thereafter. They are not good characters, and haven't been for a long time now. 

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#23 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 03:23 PM

What? 

Sakura is absolute trash. Like I don't even know where to begin with Sakura. First off, she knows that Sasuke is on a mission that in his own words, involves enemies presumably stronger than Kaguya. Knowing that, she wanders off while pregnant to find Sasuke, choosing her own ridiculous fantasies over the life of her child. She constantly lies to Salad about her relationship with Sasuke, and when she gets called on it, damn near kills Salad. She doesn't talk to her daughter, she tries to shut her up via intimidation. From the very beginning, Sakura was not qualified to even call herself a mother. Not to mention, she walks in when Naruto has a sword sticking through his gut, but instead of doing her job, she completely ignores that and starts drooling over Sasuke, as opposed to tending to someone that supposedly was a friend. 

Naruto isn't just "not there" for his family, he neglects his family. Naruto neglects his family. Naruto. The same person that was orphaned, an outcast, never had a family, and had to wait until he was 13 to find someone that actually cared about him (Iruka) and then continued to get neglected by most others up until Jiraiya took over his training. That Naruto. And that Naruto neglects his child?

No. From 693 onward, Sakura was absolute and utter trash, with Naruto following shortly thereafter. They are not good characters, and haven't been for a long time now. 

I don't think about them as trash.... I really don't think they're the same characters at all.

Just as you've said about all Sakura's actions, there's zero motivation for her to do that based on the character she was in the manga.  IT MAKES NO SENSE. None of her actions make a bit of sense with who she'd grown into at the end of the manga. They just threw the Sakura we knew away and put in a cardboard cut-out prop that only made Sasuke look good and provided him an heir. And they never looked back at her.

Same for Naruto. It's exactly as you've said, it makes no sense for Naruto the orphan who only wanted to be loved...to then abandon his own family as an adult. Not to mention all the other crap like Naruto wanting to change the world, then being just another kage in a long line of them, and nothing got changed at all.

Reminds of the thing about 'don't ever meet your hero, you'll wind up disappointed.' Whats the point of writing a story about an orphan boy who grows up dreaming of changing things...only to end up being the same disappointing schmuck as everyone else? Never meeting his dreams, never changing his world, and becoming the same kind of adult that he hated when he was a kid.

I don't fault the Naruto and Sakura of the manga, the characters they were up to "The Real End" or in one of those last chapters. I don't think of them as trash.

Instead, I really really really think of the Naruto and Sakura after the ending as completely different characters. Kishimoto handed them off to other people and cared minimally about what happened to them. He may have contributed to how the story was carried on, but he no longer cared.

To me, Naruto is a story without an ending.

#24 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 07 October 2016 - 09:07 PM

I don't think about them as trash.... I really don't think they're the same characters at all.

Just as you've said about all Sakura's actions, there's zero motivation for her to do that based on the character she was in the manga.  IT MAKES NO SENSE. None of her actions make a bit of sense with who she'd grown into at the end of the manga. They just threw the Sakura we knew away and put in a cardboard cut-out prop that only made Sasuke look good and provided him an heir. And they never looked back at her.

Same for Naruto. It's exactly as you've said, it makes no sense for Naruto the orphan who only wanted to be loved...to then abandon his own family as an adult. Not to mention all the other crap like Naruto wanting to change the world, then being just another kage in a long line of them, and nothing got changed at all.

Reminds of the thing about 'don't ever meet your hero, you'll wind up disappointed.' Whats the point of writing a story about an orphan boy who grows up dreaming of changing things...only to end up being the same disappointing schmuck as everyone else? Never meeting his dreams, never changing his world, and becoming the same kind of adult that he hated when he was a kid.

I don't fault the Naruto and Sakura of the manga, the characters they were up to "The Real End" or in one of those last chapters. I don't think of them as trash.

Instead, I really really really think of the Naruto and Sakura after the ending as completely different characters. Kishimoto handed them off to other people and cared minimally about what happened to them. He may have contributed to how the story was carried on, but he no longer cared.

To me, Naruto is a story without an ending.

I get where you're coming get from, but I think if you're considering them as entirely different characters, that really only applies to Naruto because everything he turned out to be was flipped on its head. Everything Naruto was got reversed.

With Sakura, that's not the case. She always had the potential to turn out the way she did, and we saw examples of it, especially with Sasuke around.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#25 One Piece Nation

One Piece Nation

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 12:02 AM

What? 

Ok First all of when was it said Sakura went after Sasuke while pregnant alone, as for her Not healing Naruto I can say with 100% confidence she would heal him if he was in any real danger but its Naruto she’s knows he does not need to be healed. Sakura gave up being a ninja for her child. As for Naruto while its not ok and i do blame Hinata (worlds biggest kitten if I’m being biased) for it. I personally believe Naruto knows he kittened up and is not happy in his marriage and cant bring himself to go home to his wife. But i also think Naruto is just too worried about living up to his words and keeping all his promises about peace he overwork’s him self. I do think he would be happier with Sakura and hate the ending. At the sometime I still love other stuff in Naruto like the Boruto movies fight Naruto and Sasuke vs Momoshiki don’t like the ending but I can still love that fight. sorry if i lost track of the topic lol. if you have not seen the fight I’m going to link it it just Naruto and Sasuke fighting.

"It’s wrong to resent a child for the sins of his father.” -Edward Newgate “Whitebeard” (One Piece).

#26 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 08 October 2016 - 03:39 PM

Now before I start I love NaruSaku but when see people talk about the ending almost every reason its a “bad” can relate back to pairings in someway. 

It comes back to the pairings often because they were a major part of the overall story. The pairings led directly into what happened in the epilogue with the characters' off springs.

I love Narusaku but I love Naruto more I love team 7 and there dynamic. 

I really did love the NaruSaku pairing and the Naruto story for a while. But by the end of the story, I was already more or less fed up with Naruto and NaruSaku not happening was just the final straw. I was already bored by the war arc, which featured random ninja cannon fodder vs zombies in the middle of nowhere creating a battle with no stakes. Then, having the story go off the rails with a random chakra tree and Madara even turning into the mother of the world and Naruto and Sasuke being the reincarnations or whatever. 

Plus, there was the stupid Obito reveal, which felt like a cop out for a villain and he got a lame redemption, from Naruto no less.

On another point, I wish I could share your love for the Team 7 dynamic, and I did at first, but after a while, I couldn't enjoy it. Was it cool seeing the three summon their animals and fight side by side? Sure, it looked cool, but I didn't feel much. 

I love it for Naruto and Sasuke bond.

This leads into my next point. Can you describe what Naruto and Sasuke's bond really is? Because I sure as hell can't. They never really seemed to have that much of a friendship or a brotherhood, at least in comparison to what I've seen from other manga and anime out there. Even before Sasuke left they rarely acted like friends. This is a mistake I saw in Kishi's writing earlier in the manga. After the Land of Waves arc, Naruto and Sasuke should have been the best friends ever, having each other's back all the time. It would have made Sasuke leaving and Naruto wanting to get him back more believable.

Instead, Naruto and Sasuke just continued their rivalry, but still seemed to act angry toward each other and then Sasuke leaves. I never found a reason for Naruto to have such a drive to get him back. 

700 is not what I wanted but it did not ruin it for me if you tell me you did not have big smile on your face being Naruto as Hokage I call BS. 

First of all, it wasn't just 700. I have to include 699 in there because that's where things really crash. Sakura shows no development and reverts to the fangirl she used to be. She doesn't even scold or yell at Sasuke for everything he's done. Sasuke meanwhile just apologizes and never offers very much remorse. Making matters worse, none of the pairings are really resolved.

We don't get to see Naruto have a conversation with Sakura, discussing their feelings and deciding to stay friends. Hell, for that matter we don't see Naruto confess to Hinata, either. I know this is a shonen manga, but if you're a writer, when you introduce something, you should have the sense to resolve it.

And no, I didn't have a smile on my face when I saw Naruto as Hokage, because it wasn't the Naruto I was familiar with. I watched his son rebel against him because his own father doesn't have enough time for him. When I thought of Naruto being Hokage, I pictured a man who could balance his work with his family life. Instead, I see Naruto scold his son and make excuses for why he can't spend more time with his family.

On top of that, Sasuke leaves Sakura to basically raise a child on her own, which is incredibly tough. Then we find out that Sakura is having trouble with house payments and all we see of her in the epilogue was her cleaning. I expected to see her as a strong woman being the lead medic at the hospital and surpassing Tsunade. I absolutely hated what became of Sakura. This promising character who seemed to be on such an uphill climb came crashing down.

I also don’t understand the next gen hate what did Boruto and Sarada do for you to hate them. The Boruto movie is a great movie. So I want to ask you did you read Naruto for NaruSaku or for Naruto. 

I never watched the Bolt movie, so I can't comment too much on them. From what I've heard, it's nothing too special. On your second point, I read the series for both. I thought Naruto was a cool story about an underdog in an interesting fantasy setting and enjoyed the dynamic between Naruto and Sakura. 

Naruhina happened so what does that mean you cant enjoy Naruto if it does than your not a true fan of NARUTO.  

Here's my biggest issue when it comes to NaruHina, there was barely any development on it. And I'm not even going to discuss the Last movie because that came off as damage control.

I made another thread about this, but my point is simple, Kishi should have had more moments of interaction between Naruto and Hinata. If there were a few panels dedicated to the two, for example, Naruto talking to Hinata after Jiraiya died. Or hell, even the two just having ramen together one time and talking, it would have done SO much for that pairing. If the two had more interaction, I could have been fine with a NaruHina ending, but there was hardly anything. That's simply poor writing.

On your last point, even die hard fans can call out flaws. Sometimes you see or read something that you once enjoyed go down a different path, and as a fan, you have more than a right to criticize it.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#27 Young Kubrick

Young Kubrick

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Film, music, anime/manga, comics, video games, literature

Posted 08 October 2016 - 03:51 PM

Same feelings here plus my rage at the fact that Sasuke gets away with everything he did since his betrayal in part one just because he helped out in the final battle which he only did for his own reasons, not to help the Shinobi Alliance and everyone just seems to go along with it; no signs of protest or anything from the other Kage or shinobi. Kishi doesn't even try to hide his blatant favoritism of Sasuke by the War Arc.

On top of that, Kishi clearly tries to absolve the entire Uchiha Clan of any and all responsibility for their choices and actions, trying to paint them as 100% completely innocent victims, even inventing an incredibly stupid "Curse of Hatred" (they "love more than anyone so had to seal it off"), while seeming to try to put all of the blame on Konoha, and Tobirama in particular, and despite Tobirama's explanations, it seems to have worked with a chunk of the fan base who simply and blindly paint him as a heartless tyrant who endlessly persecuted the perfectly innocent Uchiha Clan and that if it weren't only for him, then the Uchiha would "never" have planned a coup and the massacre never would have happened and so on. That's not to say Tobirama didn't make his own mistakes that contributed to the problem, but he's hardly the only one to blame.

THIS! THIS! THIS IN EVERY SINGLE WAY!!!!

This is exactly what I'm saying. Everything Sasuke did got swept under the rug like "ok yeah he tried to kill Sakura, betrayed all his friends, was a total jerk to everyone but hey he helped us out this ONE time so he's definitely changed right? Let's just pretend nothing happened" WHAT THE FREAK!!! 

tumblr_o2ro4zTFoE1ukmr73o1_500.gif

#28 Young Kubrick

Young Kubrick

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Film, music, anime/manga, comics, video games, literature

Posted 08 October 2016 - 04:10 PM

I was honestly planning to make a thread about something along these lines. I love Naruto but somewhere the series just said "screw logic" and just came up with crap. All the boys grew up to be bad fathers, the girls became subservient housewives. Sakura is forced to raise a child that she had doubts she was the mother of. And Sasuke...oh god Sasuke...I don't even know where to begin everything wrong about Sasuke without going into a rage...

And about "true fans"...  If you ask me a "true fan" points out bs in a series and call out the writers/artists/creators for it. If you ask me that is the definition of a true fan: someone who likes a series but isn't so biased and emotionally blinded that they will see the cracks beneath the surface. The fans that treat even the slightest criticism of a series as a personal attack, and act like it's the best piece of fiction ever written ignore those cracks and because of that the cracks get bigger and sooner or later it's all going to fall apart. If you ask me they aren't "true fans"

tumblr_o2ro4zTFoE1ukmr73o1_500.gif

#29 VoodooFX

VoodooFX

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Comics, Star Wars, Sci-fi, Computer Games, Vintage Computers, Science & Tech ... and Naruto :)

Posted 26 October 2016 - 06:08 PM

Well I definitely started off as Naruto fan, proof of this is that my GF wanted to watch an anime, any anime that was popular at that point in time....  and I was tasked with a job of finding one for her - not because she trusts my judgment, but because I know my way around the net and where to find the material.

The search led me to Naruto, which from the summary sounded and looked like nothing that would really interest me.

So at the beginning I didn't even bother watching it with her - but at the same time always being in the same room, while she did.

And you know... you can't help but eavesdrop to things she was laughing at and this stubborn, loudmouthed kid was starting to raise my curiosity.

Before I knew it, I was standing there watching for 5, then next time 10 and then 15 minutes after that, and finally the whole darn thing.

So I've decided to do a quick catch-up, watching the first 30 or so episodes that I've missed ... and I immediately fell in love with the character, the setting, and the music, I REALLY loved the music.

In very first episode there's a dialog, one of his first dialogs with Iruka, while cleaning the paint from the Hokage mountain, when he asks why should he hurry, it's not as if there is anyone waiting for him at home. To this day still, strikes a chord with me.

As for NaruSaku, I kind of followed Naruto's lead with his desires and dreams, didn't think much of it at first, but was cheering for the guy to win the girl (Sakura) over and become Hokage.

While we were slowly approaching the last episode, I kind of assumed that is all there was to it, so I've googled a bit as to where and who did Naruto end up with - only to find out there is part 2 already like in it's 150th episode. We both assumed the thing would run about the same amount of episodes as part1, so we've decided to wait for the story to wrap up, before jumping into it again..

But as months turned into years and with manga still going strong with no sign of ending, I've decided to fill the wait with fanfiction.

And since Naruto was chasing Sakura, I've simply looked for the stories that centered around these two.

One of the first stories was a behemoth of a story, a 63 chapter Truth unfolds in Wave, that was so incredibly well written that it could easily replace the actual story. And with that I became NaruSaku fan.

I then turned to manga to see where the whole thing was going... and I kind of missed the childishness in Naruto, he was still goofy, but as Sakura correctly predicted in the first chapter, we'll all kind of miss the old bratty, larger than life Naruto.

But with war arc things turned for the worse, first of all, the whole thing started to drag, and then out of nowhere, the end was announced, with only 6 or so chapters left. 

And I knew right then and there that things will end badly.

On one hand we've had this war going on for soooo long, and now in just handful of chapters we'd get a whole NvS fight + presumably an epilogue with Naruto either dying or becoming hokage. But while I was expecting a bad ending, nothing could prepare me for the one we've got. All the reason why it's bad were already mentioned so I won't go through them again, but with The Last being a biggest insult in my book.

And with that, I've completely lost interest in the continuation of the story. But to be honest, kids have never really interested me that much.

Even if they've went with NS, I kind of doubt I would really follow the story.

Would have preferred, if it revolved around adventures of grown Konoha 11, with their kids taking a backseat to the main the story, than what I hear is out-there now. 

So no, the pairings were not the reason I've stopped caring, I blame the execution of the ending and retcon that was The Last, for this.

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we all push up flowers.

#30 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 04 January 2017 - 11:05 PM

To be a NaruSaku fan, doesn't one have to become a Naruto fan first? They go hand in hand. There's nothing wrong with someone liking Naruto ONLY for a pairing. There's also nothing wrong with someone liking Naruto and not giving a crap about any pairing at all. Doesn't mean one fan is truer than the other. They are just two different types of fans. And yeah

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#31 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:53 AM

NaruSaku fan. If it wasn't for the pairing, I doubt I would have stuck around. Naruto by himself or going up against Sasuke just doesn't do it for me. It's the dynamic with Sakura that makes the pairing, and their team (and therefore the rest of the story) interesting.

Without Sakura, it's just a bratty kid fighting with another bratty kid. Their character development would have been nil. They would have fought until Sasuke left the village, then they would just keep fighting until the end of the manga. Sakura brought out another side and humanized them both. Too bad Kishi and his editors didn't see how important she was.

Take NH out of the manga (remove the scenes with Hinata), and you still have a complete story, beginning to end, with almost no changes to character and plot. But take out NS, remove the scenes with Sakura and her impact...and you literally don't have a story anymore. Naruto the way it was written ceases to exist. Start to finish, taking Sakura out changes everything.

So, I'm NaruSaku all the way. That dynamic was what brought me in, much more than just Naruto's story.

#32 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:47 AM

NaruSaku fan. If it wasn't for the pairing, I doubt I would have stuck around. Naruto by himself or going up against Sasuke just doesn't do it for me. It's the dynamic with Sakura that makes the pairing, and their team (and therefore the rest of the story) interesting.

Without Sakura, it's just a bratty kid fighting with another bratty kid. Their character development would have been nil. They would have fought until Sasuke left the village, then they would just keep fighting until the end of the manga. Sakura brought out another side and humanized them both. Too bad Kishi and his editors didn't see how important she was.

Take NH out of the manga (remove the scenes with Hinata), and you still have a complete story, beginning to end, with almost no changes to character and plot. But take out NS, remove the scenes with Sakura and her impact...and you literally don't have a story anymore. Naruto the way it was written ceases to exist. Start to finish, taking Sakura out changes everything.

So, I'm NaruSaku all the way. That dynamic was what brought me in, much more than just Naruto's story.

Agree, because Sakura is one of his dream/goal, so their dynamic and relationships is like already melted/fuse and become part of the core story that should never be erase. This part of their relationship have a big potential to be an extremely good love story ... and yeah too bad they didn't see this.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#33 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:47 PM

And this is why I once said that if you kill Narusaku, you kill the story. The two are linked, destroying one destroys the other.

This is also why the ending and everything after it failed and continues to fail. There's nothing left.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#34 Riverkid

Riverkid

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:07 AM

Naruto:

Im a fan of the Naruto-verse, but im not a fan of the Naruto-show aynmore since Shippuden (or atleast since the Hidan/Kakuzu-Arc). 
I honestly don't understand how someone can enjoy the show with so much wasted potential and plotholes. Back then 'Naruto' was all about 'becoming a strong Ninja' and it was a exciting adventure because the show displayed the shinobiworld in a dark/brutal-theme. 

- Narutos abysmal childhood
- Land-of-waves-Arc (Gatos puplic execution of Kaiza, the bloody fights with Zabuza, the rage moment of Naruto)
- Chunin-exam-Arc (Genins killing eachother, Sasuke breaking arms off, Orochimarus dark introduction)
- Konoha-Crush-Arc (Orochimarus Attack, Chaos - death of many shinobis, the death of the 3rd Hokage)
- Sasuke-recovery-Arc (close fights with Neji and Choji almost dying, the intense brutal fight between Sasuke and Naruto) 

You couldn't wait any longer for Naruto growing up in a World like that where shinobis and comrades die left and right, strong opponents like Orochimaru - Zabuza - Akatsuki, and they haven't introduced all Villages yet. It was realistic, where the protagonist 'Naruto' had to rely on others to survive in this world. Where you have to outsmart your opponent to be able to win the fight. And all that was paired with relaxing-funny moments during day-offs with Team 7 + Konohamaru etc... especially the Manga did a really good Job with the first Season of Naruto. Back then i couldn't wait for the next Season.  
'This' made Naruto for me, and it will always be the place where i enjoyed the most watching this show.

And then Shippuden happend.

Where do i begin ? The timeskip was one of the most disappointed thing i have ever seen (for Naruto as a Character). On the other side the timeskip was a huge boost for Sakura and Sasuke as Characters. Sakura even peaked at the beginning of Shippuden and i was really surprised by that (i guess everyone was surprised). But for me Shippuden was just a extended version of the 'Sasuke-Rescue-Arc' from Season 1. 

- Shinobi-ranks didn't matter anymore
- Mission-ranks didn't matter aynmore
- Outsmarting your Opponent didn't matter anymore
- it wasn't even about 'Ninjas' anymore
- Eyes are swapped like Tradingcards
- wasted characterpotential on the jinchurikis nr. 2-7
- wasted characterpotential on the Konoha-squad
- wasted contentpotential on other villages
- the current kages were weak as some jonins? i was more impressed by kakashi and might-guy than tsunade or the raikage

Naruto turned into a little version of DragonaBall Z because of  the Powerinflation, where the Protagonist improved in a couple of months into a one-man-army with Transformer-sized-Monsters.

The whole impression of Season 1 was just blown away. Tsunade wasn't really needed as a Hokage because her decisions were heavily influenced by Naruto all the time, the obsession towards Sasuke was pretty annoying, I think Kishimoto even missplaced his Show in the wrong timeline because the old Kages + Obito + Madara had more impact in the show than the current generation - Konoha 11 (even Rin had more influence and she is dead), i even think Kishimoto missnamed his show because he pretty much shifted away the centric of the Story after the Pain-Arc to Sasuke and his Eyepoweres. Naruto didn't kill a single guy in the whole show, he pretty much forgave everyone with his talking-no-jutsu (you can kill his parents and gift him a abysmal childhood and he will forgive you). The once dark/brutal-theme Naruto-show turned into a stereotype shonen-nakama-show. Pain revived all the comrades during his attack on Konoha with his edo-tensei, but he killed the show with that finally for me. The worst thing is that we pretty much timeskipped 70% before Naruto became Hokage because it was more important end the story with a happy end for sasuke. 

The best Arc of Shippuden was the 'Team 10 vs Hidan/Kakuzu - Arc'. a Arc without sasukes-obsessions, without eyepowers, without dragonball Z jutsus.... but instead again with outsmarting your opponent, with close fights and dramatic situations like you found them in season 1. A rare arc where we can enjoy the other Characters atleast once.

NaruSaku:

Kishi did a pretty good job protecting Sasuke from a 'bad'-light. We never really see how Sakura or Naruto think about the possible consequences they have to pay for brining back sasuke.

- Neji, Choji and Naruto nearly died at the last arc of season 1 because of Sasuke.
- Yamato had to protect Sakura from being killed,
- Kakashi had to fight Sasuke,
- Naruto fighting sasuke in the last battle etc...

all situations which could have ended worse, but somehow naruto and sakura were 'okey'  to pay a price like that. Where is all this ''nakama are important'-thing kishi tried to display in his damn show when it was obviously 'okey' for Neji or Choji to die for Sasuke ? But Kishi tried to avoid a discussion like that since it would speak against Sasuke.

Instead we only see how Sakura and Naruto motivate each other to keep fighting 'for' Sasuke, and act like he is 'worth' it. At this Point we see Kishis influence on the Characters and that shouldn't happen. It makes the Character more like a 'puppet' for not thinking realistic anymore. He pretty much made Sakura and Naruto 'blind' towards Sasuke. 

He even made Sasuke 'blind'. Where is this 'i understand narutos feeling'-thing when he steals his love ? thats really 'good' friendship if u take the love of your friend. I remember kishis quote: "Sakura would be a bad woman if she changes her love" but Sasuke isn't a bad friend by taking the girl your best friend loves ?

Sakura never loved Sasuke, she just loves the 'imagination' of being together with him. the imagination of him being nice towards her, embrace eachother, kiss and whatever... after 12 years of marriage she is still chasing this imagination.

without kishis stupid influence (because he pretty much forced his pairings against the flow of the story) SasuSaku should never happened, and NaruSaku would be a thing

Edited by Riverkid, 09 January 2017 - 03:27 PM.

#35 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:52 AM

*puts on Morpheus glasses*

What is a fan? How do you define a fan? If a fan is all about reading the stories, buying the merchandise, or always putting the story above anything else, than a fan is no more different than a brainwashed lobotomite.

*takes off glasses*

Seriously though, how would you describe a fan of a series? Do fans blindly follow a series regardless of good or bad or do they question something they consider their love?

Despite me not liking the series much anymore, I do find myself enjoying older memories. The times we see what the story really is; Rock Lee unlocking the gates and being a badass. Gaara fighting for people he once called enemies because he saw something different out of life; inspiration and passion for characters that are as real as friends you see everyday. That's the keyword here: Passion.

If you are a fan of something, it really means you have passion for it. "I am an anime fan. I am a baseball fan. I am a video game fan."

Even a baseball fan can admit when their favorite team has or has bad players or even respect another team for having better players.

But let me ask you this: would you consider yourself a fan of anything if you blindly overlook faults or are you the type of fan that believes that the original source of said media is what is the most important? Ask a baseball fan if they should start throwing around a football instead of a baseball and they will tell you how ridiculous it sounds. But you can do it right? "Yeah, you can do it, but that doesn't mean it is how it should be done. You keep to the faith of the game. I can bring a gun and shoot people to "steal bases," but that doesn't mean it is part of the game OR it should be done at all."

To break the rules of the game, is to miss what the whole point of the game is about.

Would not breaking of characters, story elements, or plots to alter the story to suit something else is also considered missing the whole point of the series?

To quote Andrew Ryan
"A fan chooses, a fanboy obeys."

"Is a fan not entitled to the pairing of his choosing?
No, says the publisher, its belong to the money maker.
No, says the editor, it belongs to popularity.
No, says the fanboys, it belong to the true fans.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose…

Fandom

A place where the fanfiction writer would not fear the pairing fodder
where the theorist are not bound by the writer,
where the fan would not be contained by the publisher

And with the love of your series, you can become part of the fandom as well."

A FAN CHOOSES. A FANBOY OBEYS.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 24 January 2017 - 02:56 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#36 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:28 PM

I'm a fan of the potential this series had, but I detest the actual series to the point where I haven't watched it since the manga ended. Still a fan of NaruSaku only in the sense of what it could have become.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#37 Dried

Dried

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 03:26 AM

I'm Naruto Fan. That's all, thank you.

#38 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:58 PM

There was a time I would say I'm both but line with a Naruto fan first because I wouldn't let pairings be the reason why I like the series, but now I say I am a ex naruto fan but I am a Narusaku fan, I love the relationship with Naruto and Sakura be they romantic or platonic moments however with the direction of the series has gone I can no longer considered myself a Naruto. I don't even watch or read any new content at best I just keep updated with what's going on and watch some of the old stuff.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users