54175 replies to this topic

#43361 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 04:42 PM

What I meant by canonical one? Well I've said this before, but maybe you didn't read it or just forgot. Which is ok, I'm happy to say it again.

I don't consider the last volume and everything that came after as canonical. Not because I don't like it, well actually that's a partial lie.

I don't like it, but the reason I don't consider it canon is simply because the Naruto ending hasn't happened yet. It's not there.

We didn't get an ending to a story, to a journey. We got the beginnings to a new story, a new journey that has nothing to do with the old one. And by nothing, I mean truly nothing.

The universe itself is gone, the characters are nothing more than a shell devoid of life and emotion. This new journey doesn't really connect to the old one at all. They just use the names of the characters that we've followed for so many years. That is the only thing that remotely connects it to the previous story. To the one that we've followed and enjoyed more or less over the years.

And especially makes it to me as non-canonical, is the fact that it was/is done by other people. Other writers have worked on this project. And these people don't know about what was done before or simply don't care about the old one and just want to do something new, their own project.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I wouldn't call it fanfiction. I've changed my mind on that, because like all the writing it's either good or bad. And that depends on the writer; the guy or girl who made it. So it could either be good fanfiction or bad fanfiction, just like the canon material can either be good or bad.

In this case it's not bad. It's really bad.

It was made by someone who knew little to nothing about the source material. And what they did, butchered the source material.

Actually, yes. COMIC BOOK SYNDROME!!!!!!!! :lmao:  :lmao: Except, these nimrods do EVERYTHING WRONG!!! :zaru:

Edited by Phantom_999, 01 December 2016 - 04:43 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#43362 Riverkid

Riverkid

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:57 PM

Hey guys! its my first time here.
I would love to share my thoughts with u regarding NaruSaku / Naruto.

I shipped NaruSaku for a pretty long time, but the drive to ship them until the end got less and less. The reason isn't because i thought they shouldn't be together at the end, the reason is because Naruto (as the series), Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke (as characters) pretty much went straight downhill after the Pain-Arc. If u take a deep look at Sakuras, Narutos and Sasukes-development u can clearly see what kind of "Characters" they are. The Character-type they represent are the "Doll"-Type (or "Puppet"-type). They act as the Mangaka wants them to act / when the Character acts without a justified reason behind it.

The best example is Sasuke: 

- In Part-1 he didn't want to kill Naruto because he wants to kill Itachi without the mangekyou sharingan (which he would get by killing Naruto). Then suddenly in Part-2 he wants to kill Naruto ? (before killing Itachi). If u ask yourself "why did he wants to kill Naruto suddenly?" Because the Mangaka wants him to act like that. He wants to build up Sasuke as the last villain and let him act "badly and evil".

- later after he killed Itachi (so he got his revenge) he wants to head to konoha and kill the entire village. here u ask yourself "why should he suddenly wants to do that?". Itachi just made the ultimate-sacrifise to protect Konoha and to protect Sasuke.. but he doesn't care ? or because the mangaka wants to build up more the villain-hype around Sasuke ?

- After talking with the 4 Kage and about the "truth" behind Itachi and the Uchiha-Clan which was told for the 4th time already Sasuke suddenly decide to "help" his comrades.. after the victory -> out of nowhere "i will kill the 5 Kage now" ? at this point u can't deny anymore that Sasukes Character-development is just "horrible". 

The same for Sakura:

- she visits Naruto at the Hospital (after he failed to bring Sasuke back at part-1), she didn't even want to check on Naruto, didn't ask about his injuries, didn't ask if sasuke was the one who hurt him that badly... she couldn't bring the time to even sit down for a minute and talk to Naruto about the situation. The Mangaka forced her to prioritize Sasuke over Naruto. When u compare it to Ino she didn't want to visit Sasuke, the first thing she wanted to do was to check on Choji who was also injured on the rescue-mission. (Ino got some realistic development instead of Sakura who acted really like a "doll")

- nearly died several times by Sasuke, Choji and Neji nearly died on the rescue-mission, Naruto could have died at so many points because of Sasuke, Naruto sacrifise his own arm to bring Sasuke back.. (the arm that protected Sakura hundred times) and she still loves Sasuke. Thats beyond obsession.. thats just being... a ... doll.. who have to act this way. 

You know what i mean? it's really hard to ship 2 fictional characters when they don't act realistic: Sasuke is supposed to be evil until the end and be the last villain no matter what. Sakura is supposed to love Sasuke no matter what. Naruto is supposed to be the "mighty" hero who don't harm anyone no matter what (because of obito narutos parents died, suffered a horrible childhood and just create the whole war.. but naruto forgives him because of whatever). i guess the narutofanbase can't handle "death" that well, and we don't want "blood" on the hand of our "heroes".

The "end" is rushed for good reasons, and it was a smart move from kishi to make a "huge" timeskip. Because its to hard to develop a relationship between sasuke and sakura... between 2 characters who are just impossible to match because of the reason he "made"  his characters.. so he just skipped the "hard" part and let them be... married.

#43363 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 06:57 PM

Hello, welcome to Heaven and Earth! :D Your reasoning is quite sound so I am not going to debate the validity of it, but I just have my own interpretations of it.

#43364 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 07:11 PM

Had a chat with my best friend about who I think would win in a fight,, Anakin Skywalker or Sasuke Uchiha?

Me: Obviously Anakin Skywalker!

Sasuke would start by spamming Susano'o and think he has the battle won while Anakin easily dodges whatever Sasuke throws at him..

Anakin would probably Force Throw some objects and use his lightsaber, only for Susano'o to block them. So he'd simply Force Choke Sasuke since Susano'o, as far as we know, can't block such moves, and since Sasuke needs to be able to focus his chakra to do moves, the choking would not only cause Susano'o to dissolve away with Sasuke not being able to maintain it, but he also wouldn't be able to use other jutsu to break free, and once Susano'o is gone, Anakin could simply use The Force to kill Sasuke with his lightsaber, if not just choke him to death as is.

2e5.gif

#43365 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:56 PM

Sasuke would start by spamming Susano'o and think he has the battle won while Anakin easily dodges whatever Sasuke throws at him..
Anakin would probably Force Throw some objects and use his lightsaber, only for Susano'o to block them. So he'd simply Force Choke Sasuke since Susano'o, as far as we know, can't block such moves, and since Sasuke needs to be able to focus his chakra to do moves, the choking would not only cause Susano'o to dissolve away with Sasuke not being able to maintain it, but he also wouldn't be able to use other jutsu to break free, and once Susano'o is gone, Anakin could simply use The Force to kill Sasuke with his lightsaber, if not just choke him to death as is.

Are we going clone wars Anakin or episodes 3 Anakin before getting his Vader suit. His lightsaber would cut sasukes sword and block his lightning justu.

#43366 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 01 December 2016 - 10:11 PM

I'd probably say Clone Wars Anakin, but either one works.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#43367 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 01 December 2016 - 10:58 PM

What I meant by canonical one? Well I've said this before, but maybe you didn't read it or just forgot. Which is ok, I'm happy to say it again.
I don't consider the last volume and everything that came after as canonical. Not because I don't like it, well actually that's a partial lie.
I don't like it, but the reason I don't consider it canon is simply because the Naruto ending hasn't happened yet. It's not there.

We didn't get an ending to a story, to a journey. We got the beginnings to a new story, a new journey that has nothing to do with the old one. And by nothing, I mean truly nothing.
The universe itself is gone, the characters are nothing more than a shell devoid of life and emotion. This new journey doesn't really connect to the old one at all. They just use the names of the characters that we've followed for so many years. That is the only thing that remotely connects it to the previous story. To the one that we've followed and enjoyed more or less over the years.
And especially makes it to me as non-canonical, is the fact that it was/is done by other people. Other writers have worked on this project. And these people don't know about what was done before or simply don't care about the old one and just want to do something new, their own project.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
I wouldn't call it fanfiction. I've changed my mind on that, because like all the writing it's either good or bad. And that depends on the writer; the guy or girl who made it. So it could either be good fanfiction or bad fanfiction, just like the canon material can either be good or bad.
In this case it's not bad. It's really bad.
It was made by someone who knew little to nothing about the source material. And what they did, butchered the source material.

I agreed nothing in volume 72 Is to only the goodbye minato give to naruto instead of that stupid fight between naruto and Sasuke, kishi could have bought closure to plot points.

#43368 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:26 AM

Actually, yes. COMIC BOOK SYNDROME!!!!!!!! :lmao:  :lmao: Except, these nimrods do EVERYTHING WRONG!!! :zaru:

I feel like the last and everything after that was written by someone who likes how Frank Miller writes to which I call kishi the Frank Miller of manga. Also comic books are written better even the bad ones like one more day and cry for justice and dare I say holy terror and marville.

#43369 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 02 December 2016 - 06:02 PM

tumblr_oh3pey3FPQ1u329fso3_540.jpg

:smug:

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#43370 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:14 PM

is that from a databook?

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#43371 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 02 December 2016 - 08:28 PM

is that from a databook?

it was a shonen jump poster

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#43372 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:47 PM

I feel like the last and everything after that was written by someone who likes how Frank Miller writes to which I call kishi the Frank Miller of manga. Also comic books are written better even the bad ones like one more day and cry for justice and dare I say holy terror and marville.

EXACTLY. Even the worst comic books (and that is not saying much truth be told) are down right Masterpieces compared to this tripe. No comic book writer would ever destroy their character development and story themes just for pairing fodder and cash grubbing, Even though all iconic Comic book characters's personalities, traits, and powers have been reiterated countless times :smile: I Should never compare comic books to this lowly piece of trash beyond trash

I just question how recent it was?

Edited by Phantom_999, 06 December 2016 - 10:15 PM.

#43373 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:56 PM

EXACTLY. Even the worst comic books (and that is not saying much truth be told) are down right Masterpieces compared to this tripe. No comic book writer would ever destroy their character development and story themes just for pairing fodder and cash grubbing, Even though all iconic Comic book characters's personalities, traits, and powers have been reiterated countless times :smile: I Should never compare comic books lowly piece of trash beyond trash

I just question how recent it was?

I have the exact shonen jump issue with that in it,just checked it, it was during the pain arc when naruto was listening to nagato's story and  talk no jutsued him. it was back in a 2009 issue before shonen jump started shonen jump alpha. to be exact, shonen jump november 2009 volume 7 issue 11. in case anyone has it and can't remember which one it is xD 

so we read it wrong about naruto loving sakura when you guys put that in a shonen jump magazine eh kishiot?  Riiiiiiight. pfft.

Edited by ultranx, 02 December 2016 - 10:20 PM.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#43374 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:56 PM

I have the exact shonen jump issue with that in it,just checked it, it was during the pain arc when naruto was listening to nagato's story and  talk no jutsued him. it was back in a 2009 issue before shonen jump started shonen jump alpha. to be exact, shonen jump november 2009 volume 7 issue 11. in case anyone has it and can't remember which one it is xD 

so we read it wrong about naruto loving sakura when you guys put that in a shonen jump magazine eh kishiot?  Riiiiiiight. pfft.

That was when Yahagi just left and before the NH editors came in and revolted against Kishi's work, thus resulted Sakura to be completely strip of her heroine status.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#43375 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:14 PM

Studio Pierrot, new editors, executive ones who are interested in NH tell to Kishimoto at some point before the manga ended :

" No NS. NH "... * Continue saying it when they had to *... " No NS. NH " " No NS. NH " " No NS. NH " " No NS. NH "... Till Kishimoto gave up and draw them in the manga.

There you have it peeps.

Edited by T XD, 03 December 2016 - 09:15 PM.

#43376 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:46 PM

For those of you who seen The Last of us Part II trailer which was kittening amazing... My ex and I were having a talk about where things would go, and then she drops a question on me that got me thinking... 

So you guys know how things happened with Sakura at the end of pre-timeskip... So imagine in Part 2 she chased after Sasuke (not because she still loves him), but because she's holding a grudge against him for breaking her heart? I mean it's cliche sure, but I man damn that would've been insane if that's where Kishi had took her character... Then again I guess you could consider that seinen territory. 

#43377 Riverkid

Riverkid

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 06:24 PM

Then again I guess you could consider that seinen territory. 

Isn't Sakuras dangerous attraction/obsession towards Sasuke already "seinen"-content ?

She doesn't give a kitten about who get hurt by Sasuke. Naruto just lost his arm and she asks Sasuke to give him company and leave the village. 

Edited by Riverkid, 06 December 2016 - 06:25 PM.

#43378 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:20 PM

For those of you who seen The Last of us Part II trailer which was kittening amazing... My ex and I were having a talk about where things would go, and then she drops a question on me that got me thinking... 

So you guys know how things happened with Sakura at the end of pre-timeskip... So imagine in Part 2 she chased after Sasuke (not because she still loves him), but because she's holding a grudge against him for breaking her heart? I mean it's cliche sure, but I man damn that would've been insane if that's where Kishi had took her character... Then again I guess you could consider that seinen territory. 

THAT would make her a proper heroine. But of course Kishi can't write a proper heroine, and all editors besides Yahagi preferred if all females were just  s** cows, childrearers and housekeepers. Or else, have their achievements and importance rendered to zero in any way shape or form compared to their " far superior" male counterparts :zaru:

Again, sarcasm if you can't tell.

Edited by Phantom_999, 07 December 2016 - 03:38 AM.

#43379 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:25 AM

Man this was so beautiful thanks Chatte..

tumblr_inline_mn41dgJVfa1qz4rgp.jpg

#43380 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:00 AM

Man this was so beautiful thanks Chatte..

tumblr_inline_mn41dgJVfa1qz4rgp.jpg

Hinata had to make/force a red 'thread' to exist. And it wasn't invisible. Not to mention it practically strangled Naruto and could easily break.

Naruto and Sakura's is invisible, always been there and will never, ever break.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users