Close

Rant: Will Naruto end with a pairing or not?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:43 PM

Okay. A lot of people, no matter who they ship, either expect Naruto to have a pairing involving at least one of the main characters in the end, or are not getting their hopes up on the matter.

The first reason why no one is expecting even a strongly implied pairing in Naruto is that it is Shonen. Now, I admit, there are a LOT of shonen mangas I'm probably missing out on. And I certainly can't deny that most never settle on a pairing. However, from what little I have observed, those that don't settle on a pairing really had no reason to. While I do enjoy romance, there are just some stories that don't demand or have incentive for a definitive pairing. I know we've got a lot of IchiRuki supporters here, but do any of you forsee any pairing in Bleach to happen? And if so, for what reason? This is what I think is neccesary for a pairing to occur, no matter what kind of story you do: A reason beyond simple attraction.

So, would Naruto have a reason to settle on a pairing? Well, ignoring the fact that I'm here at this MB, I'd say yes! Why?

1) Kishimoto wants to leave the story off at the next generation. To do that, kids are required. And what makes kids (points gun at fool who says artificial insemination)? While it's true that Kishimoto can easily do this using completley original characters whose parents never had a part in the story, most would be happier if this new generation was concieved directly from the characters we know. The previous InoShikaChou trio were the parents of the current one, so whose to say another one won't be the offspring of Ino, Shikamaru, and Chouji? We've learned that Naruto's father was Hokage, and if Naruto had a kid, I bet most would want to see him declare he's going to be Hokage.

2) Being alone at the start of the series. Having a family brings it full circle and gives it a conclusion. I'm sure a lot of Shonen mangas have dealt with a protagonist who was an outcast. But for those involving a character whose young, how many had him/her begin the series not only with no friends, but no family either? Friends rock, and they can be a good enough substitute for a family. However, when an individual starts one of their own, I bet that brings a completley different feeling of joy. To me, with Naruto begining his life completley alone, giving him a wife and kids would bring about pretty good closure to me, and he would always acknowledge his kids, and I think it would be a cool ending if some kid that looks like him, or whoever he winds up with, is on a swing waiting to be picked up to the academy with a Hokage Naruto running and panting "Sorry I'm late!"

3) Growing up. Okay, you don't have be involved in a relationship to be considered an adult, nor does having a girlfriend or wife make you any more mature. But in fiction, to me it's still a sign of how far the characters have come with their lives and how they grew.

And on another note, at least 3 of the 5 Hokages had kids.

Those arguements are for any pairing in general(and AsumaXKurenai doesn't count because they were minor characters and already adults). So, why not argue for NaruSaku?

1) The JirayaTsunade mythos. Now, this arguement has been made, but I'll try to do it so it's not so repetitive. As you know, Jiraya and his teammates are based off of fictional characters from Japanese myth. Jiraya was a great ninja, he was married to Tsunade, and Orochimaru got seduced by snake magic and backstabbed them both. Now, in the manga, while Orochimaru certainly does live up to his myth, Jiraya and Tsunade for some reason or another have not in terms of their relationship. Kishimoto is going on about how the next generation will surpass the last, and we just know that's what he's planning to do with Team 7. Therefore, that would mean Naruto and Sakura's relationship just might go beyond mere aquaintences. While some are just expecting a little internal monolouge on Sakura's part, it's also pretty likely that Kishimoto will not only show them to be a little better than their predecesors, but be the legends they were supposed to be. So, it's not that much of a stretch in my opinon to see the two married.

2) Bonds. This theme is beaten to death in Naruto, and then someone uses the DragonBalls to wish it back to life! Anyway, Naruto making many different types of bonds is a recurring theme. With Iruka, we've got his "dad". With Sasuke, we've got his "brother." Jiraya sees him as his grandson. While his bonds for Kakashi and Tsunade have not been explicitly stated, I see the former as the lazy uncle and the latter as a mother (grandmother works fine too). So, what kind of bond does he have with Sakura? Many do argue for best friend, but doesn't Sasuke already fill that one in? If the Shippuden anime is any indication, Naruto is hoping to be more than just friends with her. And many people want a definitive answer on what Naruto means to Sakura. And Sakura is really the only major female character(his age) that he's interacted with, so why wouldn't you want to cover a bond with a lover?

3) Closure on Sakura's part. In the manga volumes, it is stated in part one that Sakura's goal is to win Sasuke's heart. I don't mean any disrespect to SasuSaku fans...but I doubt she's aiming for that now (bringing her teammate back, sure, but as lovers is too much of a stretch for me). Interestingly, I found Naruto's goal to be Hokage one that while under most circumstances would be considered unrealistic is also one well worth pursuing. Sasuke devoted his life to revenge, and if Ch. 399 is any indication, he's going to expand that goal a little, and it's going to cause problems for everyone, including him! Sakura's "goal" was in my opinion also selfish and would've been detrimental in the long run. She was in love with a boy she knew nothing about (not that there's anything wrong with that) and tried to make him her ideal guy in many ways. Whenever he was mean to her, she was clearly hurt but always came up with some excuse for him to justify it. Not only that, but she made her best friend her enemy as well, which I think also sends a message about crushes vs. friends. And as we all know, when she was in love with Sasuke, she devoted more time pampering herself than being a kunoichi. And look at her now! While she may not neccisarily be out of love with Sasuke right now, she does seem like a better and maybe even happier person without him around. I'd imagine at the end of the series, Sasuke will learn that the family you have in the present is more important than the one in the past that you lost, and Sakura will find the love she really hoped for. danarusakunp3.gif

Granted, I could be wrong about this. Maybe you know of some stories that fit similar criteria but never have any of the potential pairings go anywhere. But should Kishimoto decide on NaruSaku, I'd imagine that everyone would go "Yeah, it makes perfect sense!" I will admit, Kishimoto does seem to be unconfident about his ability to do romance. However, he's married now, and I'd imagine his views on romance will have either changed or been solidified.

So, what are your thoughts on this?

Edited by Kodachi Claws, 16 May 2008 - 06:18 AM.

#2 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:09 PM

Well, I believe that it will happen & since Kishi-sensei's married so why not ? (his wife could also help out a little too). happy.gif

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#3 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:26 PM

I think that all the points you make are valid and could potentially happen. Of course, we won't know until it actually happens, but those situations certainly are plausible. Even if the manga doesn't end with Naruto and Sakura walking off in the distance, I think there will be hints of what sort of future Naruto will have. After all, Naruto is the main character and as the focal point, his future is the most likely to be explored.

Also, if Naruto truly does become Hokage, he needs someone to keep him in check. Lord knows what sort of mischief he'll get himself into without the help of a person who has the skill to keep him in place. Sakura is the best at doing that. She's his Heaven. She brings him the knowledge he needs and keeps him grounded from acting rashly. No other female character around his age can do the same thing. So logically, Sakura would have to play a pivitol role alongside Naruto. What better way to do that than as his wife!
End of line.

#4 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:51 AM

Lol, I think it might not happen. Even if it does, it shouldn't be too much of a surprise to us. I say 'pairing' as in they actually date etc. Maybe they'll just skip some parts and at the end, picture NS or some other couple and just state they are married, like those kind of short endings.
You try to know everything , yet in the end, you truly understand nothing ....
Wilson's fanfic account : weixuan18

Witness teh awesomness that is Deidara Lover!!! <3

#5 Leney

Leney

Little Ray of Sunshine

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:48 AM

I'm hoping for a kiss or some sort of declaration of love, before the final battle or something like that. Like was said above thread, Kishimoto set up a potential romance too much with Tsunade/Jiraiya to not bring it to a finish with Naruto.
WTF Fanfic Quote of the Moment

"I nearly threw up in my mouth" exclaimed Sasuke, mentally scarred by the experience."You should do that!Except let her try and kiss you whilst you do!"laughed Naruto exitedly."That is WAY funny, and all the same way more creepy that that time at the preliminaries!"retorted Sasuke, remembering."uuughh! I feel so sorry for the shadow clones I made whilst we hid.I hear one of the sound genin got AIDS and CHLAMIDIA from Hayate"said Naruto pulling a face.

#6 ChibiChan

ChibiChan

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 02:31 AM

Woooow, MAJOR props to you on that post :thumbs:
In my opinion, the odds of a pairing happening at the end are 50/50. But, I think if there were to be a canon pairing at the end (which he mentioned he "might" make one canon), I think NaruSaku would be the most likely smile.gif

But if there were to be a canon pairing end, Kishimoto won't go all shoujo-style and turn his story into a gushy love-fest...he'll probably end up:

- Heavily HEAVILY implying it
- Making it canon towards the VERY end (last couple chapters or so) with a kiss happening somehow
- The flash-forward timeskip epilogue of DOOM
...or...
- A confession...a dramatic one....

.... happy.gif But I strongly agree with all the ideas you presented. NaruSaku has a lot going for it, in terms of the storyline and the moral themes :]
In fact....just today, I discovered my friend is a secret NaruTard xD And I asked her about who she thinks Naruto should end up with...and..

...she said, "I'm a Naruto/Hinata fan, but I honestly think Naruto and Sakura looks cuter, and it would be better for the storyline...it'd be kinda like a fairytale" and as I listened to her, in my head I was like "Yes, I know, I know" ... cool.gif
私はLittleであり、それはあなたが知る必要があるすべてである <3 ;D

#7 FamoKrishina

FamoKrishina

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:drawing, reading, Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, Kirby, stars, writing, cats, birds, and other stuffs

Posted 15 May 2008 - 06:43 AM

I'm hoping that Kishimoto will establish at least one canon pairing by the end of the manga. I think that it would bring some nice closure to the story. I'm far from certain that he'll do it, but if he does, I think that NaruSaku is the most likely by far. ^.^ There's been so much evidence and development all throughout the manga, especially compared to NaruHina and SasuSaku. There's no contest. However, I acknowledge the fact that Naruto is a shonen manga and therefore somewhat unlikely to end with a definite pairing. We'll just have to see.

#8 Leney

Leney

Little Ray of Sunshine

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 11:23 AM

The other paring that was blatantly hinted at was TemaShika. So I expect at least them to get something, if nothing else.
WTF Fanfic Quote of the Moment

"I nearly threw up in my mouth" exclaimed Sasuke, mentally scarred by the experience."You should do that!Except let her try and kiss you whilst you do!"laughed Naruto exitedly."That is WAY funny, and all the same way more creepy that that time at the preliminaries!"retorted Sasuke, remembering."uuughh! I feel so sorry for the shadow clones I made whilst we hid.I hear one of the sound genin got AIDS and CHLAMIDIA from Hayate"said Naruto pulling a face.

#9 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (ChibiChan @ May 14 2008, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...she said, "I'm a Naruto/Hinata fan, but I honestly think Naruto and Sakura looks cuter, and it would be better for the storyline...it'd be kinda like a fairytale" and as I listened to her, in my head I was like "Yes, I know, I know" ... cool.gif

Bring her here, and we'll make her believe our "fairytale". happy.gif

#10 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 09:49 PM

It will end with a pairing. As far as shounen goes, it does have a decent amount of romantic interactions and foreshadowings for it to end with a pairing. However, I probably will not expect to see images of weddings or children.

#11 kabu-chan

kabu-chan

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 05:06 PM

The focus of Naruto isnt only romance, but if Naruto ever does end up with a pairing, It'd be NaruSaku happy.gif

And Im not saying that because Im overly obsessed with the pairing, but because it developed realistically, and its probably the only pairing that isnt one-sided, because both Sakura and Naruto have shown feelings towards eachother.

And ShikaTema is very likely, too. happy.gif
Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, working together is success.

#12 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 26 May 2008 - 04:30 AM

Since Kishi promise romance & new generation most likely yes! The question is though who?

QUOTE (Kodachi Claws @ May 13 2008, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay. A lot of people, no matter who they ship, either expect Naruto to have a pairing involving at least one of the main characters in the end, or are not getting their hopes up on the matter.

The first reason why no one is expecting even a strongly implied pairing in Naruto is that it is Shonen. Now, I admit, there are a LOT of shonen mangas I'm probably missing out on. And I certainly can't deny that most never settle on a pairing. However, from what little I have observed, those that don't settle on a pairing really had no reason to. While I do enjoy romance, there are just some stories that don't demand or have incentive for a definitive pairing. I know we've got a lot of IchiRuki supporters here, but do any of you forsee any pairing in Bleach to happen? And if so, for what reason? This is what I think is neccesary for a pairing to occur, no matter what kind of story you do: A reason beyond simple attraction.

So, would Naruto have a reason to settle on a pairing? Well, ignoring the fact that I'm here at this MB, I'd say yes! Why?

1) Kishimoto wants to leave the story off at the next generation. To do that, kids are required. And what makes kids (points gun at fool who says artificial insemination)? While it's true that Kishimoto can easily do this using completley original characters whose parents never had a part in the story, most would be happier if this new generation was concieved directly from the characters we know. The previous InoShikaChou trio were the parents of the current one, so whose to say another one won't be the offspring of Ino, Shikamaru, and Chouji? We've learned that Naruto's father was Hokage, and if Naruto had a kid, I bet most would want to see him declare he's going to be Hokage.

2) Being alone at the start of the series. Having a family brings it full circle and gives it a conclusion. I'm sure a lot of Shonen mangas have dealt with a protagonist who was an outcast. But for those involving a character whose young, how many had him/her begin the series not only with no friends, but no family either? Friends rock, and they can be a good enough substitute for a family. However, when an individual starts one of their own, I bet that brings a completley different feeling of joy. To me, with Naruto begining his life completley alone, giving him a wife and kids would bring about pretty good closure to me, and he would always acknowledge his kids, and I think it would be a cool ending if some kid that looks like him, or whoever he winds up with, is on a swing waiting to be picked up to the academy with a Hokage Naruto running and panting "Sorry I'm late!"

3) Growing up. Okay, you don't have be involved in a relationship to be considered an adult, nor does having a girlfriend or wife make you any more mature. But in fiction, to me it's still a sign of how far the characters have come with their lives and how they grew.

And on another note, at least 3 of the 5 Hokages had kids.

Those arguements are for any pairing in general(and AsumaXKurenai doesn't count because they were minor characters and already adults). So, why not argue for NaruSaku?

1) The JirayaTsunade mythos. Now, this arguement has been made, but I'll try to do it so it's not so repetitive. As you know, Jiraya and his teammates are based off of fictional characters from Japanese myth. Jiraya was a great ninja, he was married to Tsunade, and Orochimaru got seduced by snake magic and backstabbed them both. Now, in the manga, while Orochimaru certainly does live up to his myth, Jiraya and Tsunade for some reason or another have not in terms of their relationship. Kishimoto is going on about how the next generation will surpass the last, and we just know that's what he's planning to do with Team 7. Therefore, that would mean Naruto and Sakura's relationship just might go beyond mere aquaintences. While some are just expecting a little internal monolouge on Sakura's part, it's also pretty likely that Kishimoto will not only show them to be a little better than their predecesors, but be the legends they were supposed to be. So, it's not that much of a stretch in my opinon to see the two married.

2) Bonds. This theme is beaten to death in Naruto, and then someone uses the DragonBalls to wish it back to life! Anyway, Naruto making many different types of bonds is a recurring theme. With Iruka, we've got his "dad". With Sasuke, we've got his "brother." Jiraya sees him as his grandson. While his bonds for Kakashi and Tsunade have not been explicitly stated, I see the former as the lazy uncle and the latter as a mother (grandmother works fine too). So, what kind of bond does he have with Sakura? Many do argue for best friend, but doesn't Sasuke already fill that one in? If the Shippuden anime is any indication, Naruto is hoping to be more than just friends with her. And many people want a definitive answer on what Naruto means to Sakura. And Sakura is really the only major female character(his age) that he's interacted with, so why wouldn't you want to cover a bond with a lover?

3) Closure on Sakura's part. In the manga volumes, it is stated in part one that Sakura's goal is to win Sasuke's heart. I don't mean any disrespect to SasuSaku fans...but I doubt she's aiming for that now (bringing her teammate back, sure, but as lovers is too much of a stretch for me). Interestingly, I found Naruto's goal to be Hokage one that while under most circumstances would be considered unrealistic is also one well worth pursuing. Sasuke devoted his life to revenge, and if Ch. 399 is any indication, he's going to expand that goal a little, and it's going to cause problems for everyone, including him! Sakura's "goal" was in my opinion also selfish and would've been detrimental in the long run. She was in love with a boy she knew nothing about (not that there's anything wrong with that) and tried to make him her ideal guy in many ways. Whenever he was mean to her, she was clearly hurt but always came up with some excuse for him to justify it. Not only that, but she made her best friend her enemy as well, which I think also sends a message about crushes vs. friends. And as we all know, when she was in love with Sasuke, she devoted more time pampering herself than being a kunoichi. And look at her now! While she may not neccisarily be out of love with Sasuke right now, she does seem like a better and maybe even happier person without him around. I'd imagine at the end of the series, Sasuke will learn that the family you have in the present is more important than the one in the past that you lost, and Sakura will find the love she really hoped for. danarusakunp3.gif

Granted, I could be wrong about this. Maybe you know of some stories that fit similar criteria but never have any of the potential pairings go anywhere. But should Kishimoto decide on NaruSaku, I'd imagine that everyone would go "Yeah, it makes perfect sense!" I will admit, Kishimoto does seem to be unconfident about his ability to do romance. However, he's married now, and I'd imagine his views on romance will have either changed or been solidified.

So, what are your thoughts on this?

These are very points and partly why everyone is looking towards NS because it makes the most sense for the storyline. Sakura is practically the only girl (his age group) that Naruto associates and love. Sakura contains a special bond with Naruto and that could lead up to something if she allows it.

QUOTE (kabu-chan @ May 16 2008, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The focus of Naruto isnt only romance, but if Naruto ever does end up with a pairing, It'd be NaruSaku happy.gif

And Im not saying that because Im overly obsessed with the pairing, but because it developed realistically, and its probably the only pairing that isnt one-sided, because both Sakura and Naruto have shown feelings towards eachother.

And ShikaTema is very likely, too. happy.gif

From N > S its devotion, love, protection, and promise
From S > N its care, return, partnerhip, and protection

Now here is where people start to argue because Naruto's feelings are well obvious even though he doesn't express it like he used to. Sakura's seems to be more friendly even there's evidence that say otherwise plus when you think about she was always in the middle deciding which side to be on either Naruto or Sasuke. At first it was Sasuke but in the chunin exam it starts to swift but return to Sasuke until his defection and realizing she's wrong about Naruto, she goes to Naruto's corner.

Does she love Sasuke?
At this point more so friends if she still considers that after having a few run-ins with the guy.

What's her & Naruto's relationship?
Right now they're close friends, although Naruto wants it to be more. Sakura is treating him the exact opposite in part 2., but still punches him and nowadays he kinda deserves it anyway!

Will there'll be NS?
There's been some hints even to the start of part 1 (another that goes into more detail) but we really wont know until Sakura's story begin s because that will set everything rather Kishi does NS (logically for the manga it makes more sense then some random person, SS, & NH). If so Sakura should've flashback of Yamato's words and it will click. But knowing Kishi confession will happen during trama event since that where all the good NS moments all appeal anyway!
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#13 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 27 May 2008 - 07:06 PM

I'd have to say that, yes, a main pairing will happen at some point. happy.gif

I have to say NaruSaku is the most likely. Not just because I'm a fanatic, but also because the cold logic in my head says that it shows the most build-up.

Of course, there is the possibility that there could be some huge plot curveball that pairs Naruto and/or Sakura with other people.

Sakura is, without question, the only girl that Naruto has feelings for. He could have changed his mind at some point but, so far, he hasn't. Kishimoto has shown Naruto's crush gradually deepening into something you can only call love. Naruto even puts Sakura's happiness before his own (Promise of a Lifetime). He's willing to do anything to ensure Sakura is happy, even if it means she won't love him back.

Now, on the other side, Sakura starts out with a huge crush on Sasuke and is extremely prejudiced against Naruto. Over time, Kishimoto does show the wall between Naruto and Sakura crumbling, brick by brick. Sakura eventually sees Naruto as a friend, then as a precious person (along with Sasuke).

Part 2 does show Naruto and Sakura as close friends, with Naruto still in love with Sakura, but now we have hints that Sakura is developing deeper feelings for Naruto. smile.gif Not only do we have her actions, but we also have people like Sai and Yamato taking notice and hinting that perhaps there is something deeper!

I think Sakura has gradually got over Sasuke, but I can't be 100% sure. She hasn't shown any romantic longing so far, more like friendship/comradeship.

So logically, Kishimoto has used so much time and ink on developing Naruto and Sakura's relationship it's hard to see him not carrying on with it.

It would be awesome if Sakura's upcoming story arc does involve her relationship with Naruto, but let's not get too excited. wink.gif We still have Kakashi's story arc to come first anyway.

#14 Gena kumo

Gena kumo

Floatin' along as a Silvery Cloud...

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Interests:Let's see....<br />-Reading<br />-Writing<br />-Sketching/Doodling<br />-Traveling<br />-And practically anything and EVERYTHING that has to do w/ <br />creativity and The Arts ^_^

Posted 28 May 2008 - 02:47 AM

You have raised an interesting topic...
I like your logic...and it is a very well-rounded argument... (It’s also exactly what I think on the subject! biggrin.gif)

Personally...I am PUMPED for the Sakura-centric arc coming up....
(It's sure to be very deep and personal on her part...and at least monologues on boy choices are ten times better than Evil Tobi rants! tongue.gif)

Some may disagree...

But in my perspective of the plot...Sakura's character revolves around....

1.) The concept of growth and finding strength when deemed useless (blossoming)

2.) Love

Why, you ask, is love a part of her development?

Well, the "Sasuke obsession factor" is a part of it...(being able to look over all his faults and caring for him despite his "cold shoulder")

But mainly, it is an attribute that Sakura holds in spades, the ability to love passionately, and pour out her heart selflessly for someone else.
(Even though it was foolish, "throwing pearls to the pigs" in a sense, and only hurt her in the process...but it is a fact...as a character...she either thinks w/ her sharp mind...or w/ her heart.)

Since these concepts are what developed the character of "Haruno Sakura"...I believe that they will be inevitable and major factors in her "growing up"...or further development...

Here's what I think will be/she will have to address in her personal arc:

-She has to address the Sasuke issue at some point. (Since it hasn't been addressed since before Shippuden... that was her LIFE when she was younger...she can't ignore that...or her past...)

-She needs to figure out what all this time she has spent w/ Naruto and caring for Naruto
(learning about the Jinchuriki...his past life...his struggles...etc...when she previously knew next to NOTHING about him)....has meant to her.
She needs to be able to answer Yamato, confront Naruto w/OUT any second parties...and...answer her heart.

-And last but not least...she needs to conquer this image of herself (her past-self) being useless...being weak.
Thus, she needs to become stronger and leave her past (weaker) image behind her (another reason she needs to address the Sasuke issue)
S.N. Kishimoto has also implied that part of growing up (ex: Naruto and Shika) is having your mentor/sensei die. (ex: Jiraiya and Asuma's deaths) So Tsunade's death may be a part of this.... sad.gif

(Then Kakashi's arc comes along...."a big event in his life" will occur according to Kishi...perhaps becoming the next hokage? wow.png I would like that. happy.gif)

Anyhoo...(back to the subject at hand...ehem...)

I think Sakura's arc will play a MAJOR part in determining whether "Naruto" will end in a pairing or not.

As I've said...
Since her character mainly revolves around the concept (and her character trait) of love (and blossoming)...That will almost INEVITABLY be a part of her "arc"

And if that IS the case...

She will have to choose between the two men in her life...

Her first love Sasuke...-___-....and her best guy friend...Naruto (SQUEE!!! a_spaz.gif)

Yes, that will be a MAJOR factor in the main end pairing issue...(Sasusaku...or Narusaku? Currently...the hard facts are behind the latter. happy.gif)

But that's ONLY if this concept/issue is addressed.

If it is not...

Then who knows...*shrugs*...

We may not have a main pairing at all. ( shamefulcry0js.gif That would be said...)

So....

for now...our hopes are w/ you...Sakura-chan! biggrin.gif May the Forccee...mellow.gif…….ummmmmm…...scratch that….sweatdrop.gif…..errrrrrr…...Common Sense....?

(Me ranting- THE RIGHT GUY HAS BEEN RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU THE ENTIRE TIME, you…you….blind…DIMWIT!!1! rawr.gif Wake up and SMELL the Kyuubi, girl! mad.gif )

....be with you. happy.gif

(I'll cross my fingers...just in case...biggrin.gif)

[color="#FF8C00"]My fan-writing <3 fairycloud22

#15 Lord Roy

Lord Roy

Seiyuu

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Anime

Posted 28 May 2008 - 04:26 AM

As much as I want to believe that they will... They probably won't end it with a paring, It's a Shonen Manga, it t was a Shojo manga, that would proabably be the focus...

#16 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 28 May 2008 - 02:25 PM

I think we'll see the story progress up to the point where NaruSaku seems likely, yet hasn't been comfirmed, and when we leave off we still don't know if it ever happened. I think Kishi will leave the ending relatively open, but with heavy hinting about who ends up with who and what to expect from them in the future. We might not even see Naruto as Hokage, but rather see him take the first great step towards the seat (acknowledgement from everyone in the village as a great ninja). These manga authors love to leave their endings open, even though we might see an omake after the end. If he choses one pairing or another, there will still be people disappointed with it because their own selfish wants didn't reflect in the manga at all, and hence the overall popularity might lessen. Even after the manga is finished, the popularity will still be grand if the ending is left open enough for us to make up our own ending. The fanfiction authors will have more material and if he ever chose to come back and do an omake or two, he'll be able to!
Just take DBZ.. the ending was fairly open, and now we'll get a sequel (GT doesn't count as canon) in the form of a MMORPG! I wouldn't mind watching Naruto take a similar turn, as a colourful ninja MMORPG would be awesome for a Narutard like myself!

#17 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE (Lord Roy @ May 28 2008, 05:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As much as I want to believe that they will... They probably won't end it with a paring, It's a Shonen Manga, it t was a Shojo manga, that would proabably be the focus...

A pairing doesn't have to be the focus of the story in order for it to happen. happy.gif The story may be about Sasuke being a pretty avenger Naruto growing up and (hopefully) becoming Hokage, but that doesn't stop Kishimoto from penning some romance (even if it only happens once every blue moon). The Dragon Ball series got pairings. Kenshin got pairings. Trigun had a pairing. I'm sure there are many other shonen series that got pairings as well.

Shojo mangas may be more obvious on the romance, but it does also happen in shonen (thankfully with a minimum of sparkly sugarness tongue.gif ).

#18 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:50 PM

I think it will. Personally, I think it's pretty obvious it will. With all the emphasis Naruto places on future generations and such, it just seems like the type of series that would end with the main character having a child. Combine that with all the NaruSaku buildup.... cool.gif

#19 Travis

Travis

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:18 AM

I'm just not sure anymore. After 408 Sakura seems to have missed her very last chance to say anything at all to Naruto before he goes off to train. And now he's set on vengence, and we can see that that terrifies her.

She might have one more chapter - but if she doesn't do something at somepoint to either comfort NAruto for his loss or show him hes now on the same path Sasuke was . . .

I will lose faith in a real pairing by the end of the manga.

Tsunade coud die, and then Sakura might finally be forced to wake up . . .

But I doubt even that at this point . . .

#20 Sheryl Nome

Sheryl Nome

Galactic Fairy

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 04:08 PM

First of all, I'd like to say that the opening post is very well-written and a good read.

Okay, I'm not as into Naruto or NaruSaku as I used to be, but I think there are definitely feelings that need to be resolved. If Sakura's feelings towards Sasuke and Naruto were never brought up again, that would really really....(for lack of a better word) suck. If feelings are brought into the story, you have to resolve them. You can't just introduce themes and then never do anything else with them. So that's why Naruto will end up with somebody, and, of course, that somebody will be Sakura. <3

Bleach had Orihime. If not for Orihime, I might think Bleach would have an open ending. Once again, you can't have feelings that strong from a main character and never do anything with it.
art done by ?, graphic by KiNA@animesuki

avatar credits go to heart_of_manga@lj

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users