#22 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (Atheck @ Apr 10 2013, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Utter ridiculousness --Click here to view--
Everything is moving way too fast and now not only do we have a blatant dismissal of all of Naruto's efforts up until now to convince this guy but now it seems even Orochimaru of all people is being converted. Plus you've got the sudden arrival of Karin and Sasuke's hasty willingness to accept her back into the group. This is such a frantic and half-assed attempt to expedite things that I have a hard time taking the manga seriously now. Compared to what it was just a 100 chapters ago it's become radically different. Perhaps Kishi really doesn't care anymore and is trying to wrap things up as quickly as he can.

I can't be the only one who's thinking this.

Nah, I'm thinking it too.

It just goes against everything Naruto's character was set up for. His big, over-arching goal was to redeem Sasuke. But Itachi and the Hokages did it. Now Naruto is only indirectly involved. He was th inspiration in Sasuke's redemption, but did not have an actual hand in the redemption.

In fact, Sasuke has now assumed Naruto's role of galvanizing people around him, getting them to change their views and follow him. Geez....

I was thinking about last chapter and how I was half-way hoping to see Mito, as her containment of the kyuubi would have fit into the timeline of the flashback. But I realized the flashback had nothing to do with the kyuubi or Naruto's roots — it was only about Madara and the Uchiha's struggles. To focus on Mito would have been to focus on Naruto. And there simply is no reason to anymore — unfortunately, his storyline is going nowhere at the moment. He only reacts to the choices of the Uchiha.

#23 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Apr 10 2013, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It just goes against everything Naruto's character was set up for. His big, over-arching goal was to redeem Sasuke. But Itachi and the Hokages did it. Now Naruto is only indirectly involved. He was th inspiration in Sasuke's redemption, but did not have an actual hand in the redemption.

In fact, Sasuke has now assumed Naruto's role of galvanizing people around him and getting them to change their views and follow him. Geez....

I was thinking about last chapter and how I was half-way hoping to see Mito, as her containment of the kyuubi would have fit into the timeline of the flashback. But I realized the flashback had nothing to do with the kyuubi or Naruto's roots — it was only about Madara and the Uchiha's struggles. To focus on Mito would have been to focus on Naruto. And there simply is no reason to anymore — unfortunately, his storyline is going nowhere at the moment. He only reacts to the choices of the Uchiha.

The only thing missing is Sasuke becoming hokage.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#24 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

well it's seem this manga should rename as sasuke, sasuke should start his harem.

#25 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

I'm sorry but this is lame really really lame, so all Sasuke needed to turn good was a small history lesson? It has to be more than that, there has to be some sort of twist it's just to easy and stupid. What was the point of Naruto chasing after Sasuke and trying to save him? And WTF is wrong with Karin?
Also what was the point of Naruto and the alliance shinobi fighting against Madara and Obito if in the end a couple of zombies win the war? It pretty much confirmed that Naruto and the rest are just waiting for reinforcements from the dead. Naruto the main character was rendered useless.

In this chapter Kishi basically said screw logical who cares anything goes. bash.gif mad.gif

Edited by Nostradamus, 10 April 2013 - 01:28 PM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#26 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Reading this ridiculous chapter made me feel like NS is not going to happen...

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#27 Guest_Crimson_*

Guest_Crimson_*
  • Guests

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Apr 10 2013, 06:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only thing missing is Sasuke becoming hokage.

Perhaps that is what the final conflict between Sasuke and Naruto will turn into? dry.gif

#28 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Apr 11 2013, 01:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So now he wants to protect the village just like that? And he won over Orohchimaru? And the girl he stabbed is already over it?

I always knew Sasuke would be redeemed but wow, it was even easier than I could have ever though possible. There will most likely be zero repercussions at this rate.

I'm wondering what exactly Naruto's role is in the manga right now, seeing as Sasuke redeemed himself. I'm actually disappointed at the turn of these events, although it was foreshadowed in the earlier chapters that Sasuke was going through a moral dilemma. Will we see another Valley of the End battle? I feel like Kishimoto has cheated me out of the most anticipated brotp battle in the story.

QUOTE (Baguette @ Apr 11 2013, 02:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Atheck @ Apr 11 2013, 02:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Everything is moving way too fast and now not only do we have a blatant dismissal of all of Naruto's efforts up until now to convince this guy but now it seems even Orochimaru of all people is being converted. Plus you've got the sudden arrival of Karin and Sasuke's hasty willingness to accept her back into the group. This is such a frantic and half-assed attempt to expedite things that I have a hard time taking the manga seriously now. Compared to what it was just a 100 chapters ago it's become radically different. Perhaps Kishi really doesn't care anymore and is trying to wrap things up as quickly as he can.

A better question is whether anyone is not thinking this. dry.gif

XD

QUOTE (alexander @ Apr 11 2013, 02:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, is this chapter the nail in the coffin?

It's ridiculous, so Sasuke will change his mind just like that? It seems the first is way better at talk no jutsu then Naruto. And I'm starting to think that apart from Suigetsu, everyone in taka is bipolar. Here I was expecting Karin to come settle the score with Sasuke calling him on his bullsh*t. But no. All we get is: "Nufufu, Sasuke-kuuun!! I finally found youuuu! jdsfdkfjhskdfh" Yep... that's it. I AM extremely disappointed with Karin in this chapter. And I officially think Kishi don't know what he is doing with his characters anymore. Apart from the Kages, everyone in this chapter felt very OOC. Shame on you Kishi.

Karin was never a serious character, although I am disappointed that Kishimoto has turned her back into comic relief after all she's been through. I guess it opens the door for sasukarin though.

Edited by Nefertieh, 10 April 2013 - 01:29 PM.

Follow the Yahoo JP ratings for The Last here.

#29 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (luffyq1 @ Apr 10 2013, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it could be. and kishi can make hinata as naruto's rin to tnj obito and.....i will drop this manga

@nefertieh : sasuke servant.

Edited by rocci, 10 April 2013 - 01:25 PM.

#30 NinjaMedic

NinjaMedic

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

i think the way to figure kishi out is to always think the opposite of what we think and what is happening in the manga... that has always been the case...

#31 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE (TerrorKing @ Apr 10 2013, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sasuke is now a good guy and Karin has apparently forgiven him for trying to kill her.

I...I don't know what to say.

There is always the possibility that Sasuke will take the idea of protecting Konoha and somehow twist it, making him essentially Obito/Madara 2.0. If that's not the case, then I guess Sasuke is now officially redeemed....good job. sleep.gif

Other than that, it was funny seeing both the four Kage's, Team Taka and Orochimaru together. What a motley crew. laugh.gif

That's what I thought but who knows... If he's redeemed, that big battle between Naruto and Sasuke won't come to pass, and the relevance in that with Team 7 won't come up. Seems this battle's gonna last quite a bit. I don't mind but at this point, like others, I can't tell you where Kishi is going.

And what's more is, he let Karin, a girl who was damn near KILLED by Sasuke, forgive him so easily. I know Sakura's reaction isn't gonna be like this, and I'm pretty excited because fans of other pairings aren't gonna be able to use that dumb argument we all know against NS. But still, it's crazy. Sasuke's good? sleep.gif I don't like the idea of that but whatever, and now the hokages are about to fight? I guess the others aren't gonna be as relevant when this happens.

#32 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE (StriderC @ Apr 10 2013, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's what I thought but who knows... If he's redeemed, that big battle between Naruto and Sasuke won't come to pass, and the relevance in that with Team 7 won't come up. Seems this battle's gonna last quite a bit. I don't mind but at this point, like others, I can't tell you where Kishi is going.

And what's more is, he let Karin, a girl who was damn near KILLED by Sasuke, forgive him so easily. I know Sakura's reaction isn't gonna be like this, and I'm pretty excited because fans of other pairings aren't gonna be able to use that dumb argument we all know against NS. But still, it's crazy. Sasuke's good? sleep.gif I don't like the idea of that but whatever, and now the hokages are about to fight? I guess the others aren't gonna be as relevant when this happens.

well at least feeling didn't change no matter what happen. ex: jiraiya obito naruto

#33 MakeMoneyEatRice

MakeMoneyEatRice

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (Crimson @ Apr 10 2013, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perhaps that is what the final conflict between Sasuke and Naruto will turn into? dry.gif

I bet all of my money (which is only £2) that would actually happen.

Do mind me being here...

#34 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

Y'know what?? I think Kishi is going the Buu arc route here.

QUOTE (desaix)
The Buu saga was badly damaged by editorial interference (based on "what the fans want"), which destroyed a lot of its potential. I'm glad it exists (because I love the Gohan\Videl dynamic of that part of the series), but I wish it had been handled better.

It started out well enough, but I pretty much quit on the series after Videl and Gohan seperate after the World Tournament, because that's where things just went further and further downhill... and most of the problems, I gather, came from editorial insistance based on fan reaction (Spopovich is killed, but NOT by Gohan as he deserved; Vegeta becomes a villain again, but then overcomes his own villainy... for no apparent reason; Goku is beaten by Majin Vegeta, but then later reveals the whole Supersaiyan 3 thing, showing he really didn't have to lose to Vegeta after all; Gohan is beaten by Dabura for no apparent reason other than that he's forgotten how to fight, which might have been okay if it had been followed up properly (but of course it wasn't); I could go on) And all that BEFORE Gohan's training (which should have allowed him to end things instead of Goku, but of course "Hey, we want Goku to be the ultimate world savior!") and Goku's callous disregard for his own family in the final few episodes of the series (party? Nah. Oh, and I'm going to go off and train this guy for the next umpteen years for no apparent reason, abandoning my wife and children AGAIN, this time not for the somewhat valid (if inaccurate, because he was NOT the villain-attractor he seemed to think he was; most of these guys were pretty big villains before he ever hit the scene) excuse of doing so to save the world, but rather simply because the writers insisted that the series end with him still alive (so they could continue it, themselves)!

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#35 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

As I thought, Kishi has no idea what he's doing with the story anymore. He threw consistency out of the window long ago. It's as if nothing else matters other than Sasuke. He practically has everyone in the room there bowing to his feet as if he was always in the right. Kishi still has yet to crush his stupid ego.

And how is this fight going to happen now? I'm assuming it's going to be that 'fight between friends' like I predicted a while back. But given how the story has lead up to this point, that's just plain stupid.

And this is exactly what I mean about pairings. If Kishi goes with what he has written until now, then NS is obvious. But since Kishi seems to have forgotten the definition of consistency, I worry he's going to do something really... well, stupid. (not that he hasn't already)

Posted Image

Sig made by me though. XD

Check out my father and son Minato and Naruto group on FF.net
http://www.fanfictio..._No_Yaoi/74936/

#36 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

At least the magnificent Gato will never be retconned seeing as how he's dead and unheard of since the beginning of the manga. Kishi may have destroyed much of what his manga originally stood for but he can never bring to ruin Gato's legacy.

#37 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (luffyq1 @ Apr 10 2013, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the same, i knew some asspull would come and the worse is that Naruto will be saved by Sasuke, everyone will be saved by Sasuke, Sasuke will win the war basically.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#38 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (Atheck @ Apr 10 2013, 06:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with you atheck

you know the only thing thats ok naruto about these days is the artwork. sleep.gif i did not expect kishi to change sasuke this easily more so its betraying everything naruto is going threw to get sasuke back to the good side. kishi loves to do suspense only to lead up to major disapointment. facepalm.png dry.gif

As for Karin......just wow. Did they really had to make a comedic joke out of it?

#39 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

QUOTE (tricksie @ Apr 10 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In fact, Sasuke has now assumed Naruto's role of galvanizing people around him, getting them to change their views and follow him. Geez....

Naruto has been like that for quite a bit now unfortunately... The story really should be called Sasuke given his huge ass role in the story. I can't believe Kishi actually allowed the previous hokages the luxury of changing his heart. haha Good job Kishi! sleep.gif

Luffy!

Where in the world have you been!? I wonder if he is gonna kill NS, but I doubt it. I can understand why some would feel as though he might considering he just killed whatever ill Sasuke though with no problem. Made Naruto's struggle to save Sasuke diminished thanks to a speech from someone he didn't even know personally.

I WILL be extremely pissed if Sakura only becomes relevant when Sasuke arrives. There's no doubt about that, and I'll see just how Kishi really is.

#40 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

QUOTE (Crimson @ Apr 11 2013, 02:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, if Sasuke turns into the hero and Naruto becomes the villain... That would be really interesting to see.

I'm looking at all you fanfic writers.
Follow the Yahoo JP ratings for The Last here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users