#1 swagosaurus

swagosaurus

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

So, what's up?

I'm Swagosaurus, as you all can tell by the title. Anyways, I write fanfiction. Terribly written fan-fiction, in my opinion, but I LOVE writing it. It's fun as hell. Naru/Saku is such a versatile pairing to write about when it comes to genres and plotlines; it can be fluffy as hell, smutty as hell, angsty as hell, dark as hell...you name it. It's just awesome-sauce.

So here I'm going to post all of my stories that matter for you all to 'enjoy'. tongue.gif

The aim of this thread is to get constructive criticism, writing tips, general help, and to bounce plot ideas off one another.

So anyhoozle, the main fic I'm working on, and the one I truly intend to finish, is Perfectly Imperfect Love. Ho boy.

This baby is a mixed bag of just blah. A few of my reviewers, and a couple of people that have been messaging me, say it's well-written and realistic. I beg to differ, as I reread what I've been writing so far. I'd like to think that I gradually improve with each chapter, adding and changing things, etc, but still; I'm an awful writer. And I want to change that.

A rough summary is this: Sakura marries Sasuke, essentially leaving Naruto in the dust (albeit unintentionally). He then joins the ANBU.

Rough summary indeed.

I've sort of botched Naruto's character; it's hard to write a super-happy, selfless, perfect person, when you have all of the kitten happening to him all at once. What do you guys think? Did I ruin him? Or is his reaction to pretty much everything good and realistic?

There's countless things to discuss about my story (for me, anyways. I could talk about literally everything; plotlines, character development, mood, tone, etc.). I just wanted to get a general consensus, personal and to the point, about my fic.

It's my pride and joy right now. It may be horrible, but please be kind smile.gif

Edited by swagosaurus, 04 December 2012 - 02:29 AM.

I'm Swag. I'm a seventeen year old Canadian that hates everything.

#2 candycane-chan

candycane-chan

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:09 AM

Once you start writing you just can't stop can't you? tongue.gif
I'm acually following your story. I like the angst and no you didn't ruin him, you changed him for the sake of the plot, but there's the angst. I don't really have any complains except for the lack of sakura's POV. We know what naruto is going through with ino and sakura and ANBU and his lingering feelings for sakura but we don't know how sakura's relationship with sasuke is.

You said that their relationship had been a bit awkward since he found out about their little 'secret', but I just didn't really feel it. Their should Atleast write something acually happening between them to make me believe that this revelation has realy affected their relation. Besides, I don't even know what sakura entends to do with her life, or with sasuke, or with naruto.

So yeah laugh.gif It's sakura's POV

Good luck with your story 111191.gif

#3 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (swagosaurus @ Dec 3 2012, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, what's up?

I'm Swagosaurus, as you all can tell by the title. Anyways, I write fanfiction. Terribly written fan-fiction, in my opinion, but I LOVE writing it. It's fun as hell. Naru/Saku is such a versatile pairing to write about when it comes to genres and plotlines; it can be fluffy as hell, smutty as hell, angsty as hell, dark as hell...you name it. It's just awesome-sauce.

It's my pride and joy right now. It may be horrible, but please be kind smile.gif

I don't know how you feel about your work, but you write some good kitten. Keep up the good work.

#4 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

I stayed up til night just to read your fic, js. ninja.gif The newest chapter came out today, right?

How often do you write? I hope you can manage to update once a week wow.png

ナルサク

#5 Zatheko

Zatheko

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Writing, MMO's, Games

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:42 AM

Just gotta say i love your story perfectly imperfect love, I read it before I even made an account here and even knew you had one here haha. Its definitely at the top of my must read least smile.gif

#6 swagosaurus

swagosaurus

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

Daww, thanks you guys.

@sushi. I write whenever I have time. Right now, it's been like 4-7 day updates, but stuff comes up/sometimes I hit writers block.

@zatheko Thanks, brah. biggrin.gif

#7 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

Simply beautiful. I await for the next chapter smile.gif

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#8 swagosaurus

swagosaurus

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:09 AM

^Thank you for the praise, sir! biggrin.gif

Well, I've basically got Perfectly Imperfect Love all figured out. The ending I still have to figure out, but getting the NS relationship together is all good.

Now, I've been working on/thinking about the fic I'm going to be writing during/after PIL. I'm just gonna post a brief summary, and see what you guys think about it.

So I was thinking; in part 1, it's explained that without Iruka, Naruto would have fallen into the darkness like Gaara did, though less insane. Pretty much, this fic is going to be about that happening.

dat summary: Before Iruka can say what he truly feels about Naruto and how he's acknowledged him, Mizuki kills him, and then in an act of rage, tortures Naruto before the other Konoha shinobi can find him. An ANBU team arrives too late, and after killing Mizuki, they take a broken Naruto to the Hokage. Naruto is consumed by his loneliness and growing hatred for his village, but he decides to keep that under wraps and attempt to keep a facade of cheerfulness. He loses trust in even Hiruzen, and closes in on himself.

And everything goes downhill from there. It's going to be Naru/Saku, but I'm not too sure if I'm going to make it romantic or not. Sakura is going to play a similar role as she will later on in PIL, so there's something to look for.

I have a few major -awesome- things planned, but the more ideas I can gather and cram into it, the better. biggrin.gif I doubt it'll have a happy ending when it's finished, but hey, that's why it's going to be a dark Naruto fic.

Thoughts/Suggestions?

Edited by swagosaurus, 24 December 2012 - 01:11 AM.

#9 Zatheko

Zatheko

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Writing, MMO's, Games

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:10 AM

QUOTE (swagosaurus @ Dec 23 2012, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^Thank you for the praise, sir! biggrin.gif

Well, I've basically got Perfectly Imperfect Love all figured out. The ending I still have to figure out, but getting the NS relationship together is all good.

Now, I've been working on/thinking about the fic I'm going to be writing during/after PIL. I'm just gonna post a brief summary, and see what you guys think about it.

So I was thinking; in part 1, it's explained that without Iruka, Naruto would have fallen into the darkness like Gaara did, though less insane. Pretty much, this fic is going to be about that happening.

dat summary: Before Iruka can say what he truly feels about Naruto and how he's acknowledged him, Mizuki kills him, and then in an act of rage, tortures Naruto before the other Konoha shinobi can find him. An ANBU team arrives too late, and after killing Mizuki, they take a broken Naruto to the Hokage. Naruto is consumed by his loneliness and growing hatred for his village, but he decides to keep that under wraps and attempt to keep a facade of cheerfulness. He loses trust in even Hiruzen, and closes in on himself.

And everything goes downhill from there. It's going to be Naru/Saku, but I'm not too sure if I'm going to make it romantic or not. Sakura is going to play a similar role as she will later on in PIL, so there's something to look for.

I have a few major -awesome- things planned, but the more ideas I can gather and cram into it, the better. biggrin.gif I doubt it'll have a happy ending when it's finished, but hey, that's why it's going to be a dark Naruto fic.

Thoughts/Suggestions?

That sounds really good, I enjoy fics that start form the beginning of naruto but he changes for different reasons. Considering how great PIL is I'm sure you will make this fic really good. I think you should make the narusaku pairing romantic eventually, like pretty far in to the story, but whatever you decide to do I'm sure you will make it great. I look forward to reading it smile.gif

#10 swagosaurus

swagosaurus

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:22 AM

QUOTE (zatheko @ Dec 23 2012, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That sounds really good, I enjoy fics that start form the beginning of naruto but he changes for different reasons. Considering how great PIL is I'm sure you will make this fic really good. I think you should make the narusaku pairing romantic eventually, like pretty far in to the story, but whatever you decide to do I'm sure you will make it great. I look forward to reading it smile.gif

Dawh, thank you sir. biggrin.gif

Yeah, I'll make it romantic. I'm a little worried though, in case it ends up being like SasuSakuness in terms of angst, but I'll try to vie away from this.

#11 Glenn

Glenn

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

Just wanted to take this opportunity to say your fics are brilliant. biggrin.gif

#12 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

Terrible-written?

It's beyond that. WAY beyond that. It's awesome!! With some minor mistakes here and there, yeah my grammar nazi is after you! biggrin.gif

This story is like crazy full of angst and drama galore! It became an instant favorite in my eyes.

(And I totally forgot to post about it ever since this thread was made too, sweatdrop.gif )

Upcoming chapters --Click here to view--
I'm really intrigued about what is going to happen next for Naruto and Sakura after the crazy mission in the Sound. And yes, I cannot wait for the reunion and also the identity revelation, which I want to explain about because, although we wanted the angst and drama, don't you think that's enough of that? Seriously, after Naruto finally opened up about the urges, hallucinations and the vented emotions, I seriously don't want him go too crazy whenever he finds out "Hana" is Sakura, to receive yet another betrayal? Which it was obviously Sakura's decision to joined ANBU because she wants to redeem herself as a person for Naruto to rekindle their relationship.

Same apply to Sakura because now she's back home, she'll have to make sure to keep her identity a secret, for now. But I feel it is best to give her courage to reveal her identity to Naruto by herself instead of him finding out, to make sure that she is honest and her actions this time was her own decision and was part of her mission, watching over him so he's on check in the head. Just don't have him go all banshee-"KILL HER!!" mode because, both had already suffered punishment long enough as it is, going from your timeframe, with Naruto gotten the worse of it all.

I forgot to mention this earlier when Sakura first joined ANBU, that there is already a girl named Hana, Kiba's sister. (And here I thought, you could had played around with Naruto, thinking that "Hana" was that Hana during the guessing chapter. tongue.gif ) You could had named her "Yuri" or "Misaki" because those are also Japanese names based on flowers

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users