Close
Photo

Will Sakura come to her senses before the manga is over?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
68 replies to this topic

#1 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:25 PM

I just kept wondering on how Sakura is having Sasuke issues I mean the only reason why she loves Sasuke is because of his looks. But sooner or later Sakura might have to think about choosing a boy who saved her life throughout the whole story or a boy who has good looks but doesn't care about her more than a friend. What do you guys think?

#2 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:29 PM

She has already.

675 Kakashi confirms that SS is dead.

The only thing I can hope for at this point is that Kishi goes out of his way to prove Naruto isnt a silver medal or that NS didn't become canon just because of everything that happened in the LOI arc because that would be pretty retarded. 

eh10ut.jpg

#3 elmas

elmas

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:37 PM

She has already.

675 Kakashi confirms that SS is dead.

The only thing I can hope for at this point is that Kishi goes out of his way to prove Naruto isnt a silver medal or that NS didn't become canon just because of everything that happened in the LOI arc because that would be pretty retarded. 

Pretty much this. I think she already loves Naruto but she doesn't realize it or the moment or time is not prepared for Naruto&Sakura to confess each other

tumblr_nipy94W2uE1tjr97wo2_500.gif

#4 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:39 PM

As much as people probably hate the idea, SS still needs closure, which in turn wouldn't make Naruto second place medal. SasuSaku's closure is Sasuke acknowledging Sakura's existence, which was initially her purpose for "liking" Sasuke. It's basically Naruto's desire to be with Sakura only a tad bit more shallow because Sasuke's never really done much to help anyone but himself, maybe Naruto I guess. 

I think that's what Kishi is trying to hammer in, that Sasuke doesn't care but that once divine intervention comes into play, Sasuke while notice her, not to the point of actually loving her, but to the point of a trusted comrade  

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#5 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:21 PM

I just kept wondering on how Sakura is having Sasuke issues I mean the only reason why she loves Sasuke is because of his looks. But sooner or later Sakura might have to think about choosing a boy who saved her life throughout the whole story or a boy who has good looks but doesn't care about her more than a friend. What do you guys think?

What do you mean come to her senses? Even if Sakura chooses Sasuke it doesn't mean she's lost her mind. And we don't know why Sakura loves Sasuke. He's good looking, but that is not an implied reason. She will choose the one she loves most(which she can't control), regardless of who saved her life or returned her feelings.

ナルサク

#6 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:37 PM

Regardless at this late in the game its going to be pretty hard for Kishi to show us that not only is Naruto not going to be a silver medal but that she would have chosen him regardless of Sasuke becoming evil. 

eh10ut.jpg

#7 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:53 PM

Sasuke's not going to end the manga as the same person he is now, so the issues moot.

#8 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Music, Piano, Violin, Composing, Writing, Reading, Enneagram, Psychology, Ancient History

Favorite anime/manga: Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note

Favorite TV shows: Supernatural and Sherlock

Favorite ships: NARUSAKU!, MinaKushi, ShikaTema, IchiRuki, MustangxHawkeye, SayaxHaji

Favorite Naruto characters (in no particular order): Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato, Shikamaru, Sakura, Minato, Deidara, Gaara

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:59 PM

What do you mean come to her senses? Even if Sakura chooses Sasuke it doesn't mean she's lost her mind. And we don't know why Sakura loves Sasuke. He's good looking, but that is not an implied reason. She will choose the one she loves most(which she can't control), regardless of who saved her life or returned her feelings.

Well, she'll choose who Kishimoto decides she loves most, not necessarily who she, the character, loves most. Since there's honestly no foundation or buildup for SasuSaku, other than an unfounded crush when she was 12 which hasn't logically had any nurturing and growth to make her be in love with him, there is no way a realistic relationship can happen.. If, at this point, Kishimoto decides to have SasuSaku happen, I'd call it bad writing. There is NO WAY any normal person would still be in love with someone they've had little to no contact with in two years, especially if that person has tried to kill them twice and was as evil as Sasuke was. No, Sakura wouldn't love him, but it's a slight possibility that Kishimoto would make her love him. If that makes sense.

Edited by Win-chan, 13 August 2014 - 12:00 AM.

SHINACHIKU

tumblr_inline_ngnhtp3KQk1sy20ab.jpg

The strong-willed, intelligent and powerful yet loving, tender, and sensitive heartthrob of Konoha.

#9 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:05 AM

Sasuke's not going to end the manga as the same person he is now, so the issues moot.

What do you mean by moot?

#10 Uzumaki9000

Uzumaki9000

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • Interests:Movies, drawing, painting, reading and video games.

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:33 AM

I really hope she comes to her senses to realise that Naruto IS the right guy for her than Sasuke after all the mental abuse Sakura's got from him. Naruto is the one that gave her happiness, hope, courage, EVERYTHING and Sasuke has done nothing but hurt her mentally. 

To be honest I really dislike Sasusaku. Naruhina is fine but it's a meh pairing honestly, but NaruSaku is the REAL end pairing.

Also Sakura isn't in love with Sasuke because of his looks, she's not a fangirl anymore.

#11 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:Birds.

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:37 AM

Well, I guess for some people SasuSaku is the most likely pairing. I hope Sakura just chooses who's right for her. I have alot of confidence that NaruSaku will happen. If Sakura does end up with Sasuke, I'd be disappointed in Kishimoto. All Sasuke has done is cause her pain. I just want Sakura to be with the guy that makes her happy, Naruto.

#12 Change

Change

somebody who never wins

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts
  • Interests:Peace
    Curl up, take a nap, and never wake up

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:38 AM

Well we really don't know what Sasuke true intentions/motives are

Yea he wants to be Hokage, but how is going to do it? By force? Is he going to be "evil"?  

So we can't really judge him now and him from the "end" of the manga

I really hope she comes to her senses to realise that Naruto IS the right guy for her than Sasuke after all the mental abuse Sakura's got from him. Naruto is the one that gave her happiness, hope, courage, EVERYTHING and Sasuke has done nothing but hurt her mentally. 

To be honest I really dislike Sasusaku. Naruhina is fine but it's a meh pairing honestly, but NaruSaku is the REAL end pairing.

Also Sakura isn't in love with Sasuke because of his looks, she's not a fangirl anymore.

I thought Kakashi said she isn't in love him with anymore(romantically) 

Edited by TheMagicConch, 13 August 2014 - 01:38 AM.

Posted Image

#13 Uzumaki9000

Uzumaki9000

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • Interests:Movies, drawing, painting, reading and video games.

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:44 AM

Well we don't really know. Sakura's feelings are still unknown. 

Edited by Uzumaki9000, 13 August 2014 - 01:44 AM.

#14 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:49 AM

Well we really don't know what Sasuke true intentions/motives are

Yea he wants to be Hokage, but how is going to do it? By force? Is he going to be "evil"?  

So we can't really judge him now and him from the "end" of the manga

Oh yeah I remember that

#15 Change

Change

somebody who never wins

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:52 AM

Well we don't really know. Sakura's feelings are still unknown. 

I believe she doesn't, but that's just my opinion

Posted Image

#16 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:14 AM

Well, he didn't say that exactly, but that was the basic point.  

There was no reason for Kakashi to make the observation (that Sakura might still love Sasuke but no longer in the way she once did) unless it was to clarify for readers that Sakura's feelings for Sasuke are no longer romantic in nature.

It was obvious -- as if Kishimoto had put up a sign post that said, "Sakura's heart is free of Sasuke.  NS is on the way."

#17 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:30 AM

By the way I would like to point out that saying Sakura loved Sasuke for his good looks is only an assumption on your side. It isn't canon fact. Kishi never explained to us the reason.

What I think Nate wanted to say is that, Sakura not being in love with Sasuke BECAUSE he's evil isn't a plausible reason. This isn't a good reason to explain why SS isn't going to happen. We all know that in the end that Sasuke is going to be redeemed and become a good guy. When that happens, that explanation is going to have zero meaning.

Edited by ramenanmitsu, 13 August 2014 - 02:33 AM.

268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#18 Change

Change

somebody who never wins

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:37 AM

By the way I would like to point out that saying Sakura loved Sasuke for his good looks is only an assumption on your side. It isn't canon fact. Kishi never explained to us the reason.

What I think Nate wanted to say is that, Sakura not being in love with Sasuke BECAUSE he's evil isn't a plausible reason. This isn't a good reason to explain why SS isn't going to happen. We all know that in the end that Sasuke is going to be redeemed and become a good guy. When that happens, that explanation is going to have zero meaning.

What if Sasuke never becomes "good"? :pimp:

Some one like Danzo

I know it won't happen, but it'll really make the series a bit interesting 

Posted Image

#19 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:38 AM

She has already move on from Sasuke a long time ago but Kishi is dragging it till the end. All for the sake of the plot and the drama.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#20 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:39 AM

What if Sasuke never becomes "good"? :pimp:
Some one like Danzo
I know it won't happen, but it'll really make the series a bit interesting

That would be a better outcome to the story. Sasuke staying evil is a lot better than him being brought back to the village as a hero just because Naruto did some Jesus speech.
268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users