119 replies to this topic

#81 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:10 AM

I remember a few years ago, I had overheard some of my guy friends talking about how much they loved Hinata and her character. I was baffled by that because, what character? So, of course, that was what I had asked them. They were all like, "She would do ANYTHING for him! She'll never say no to Naruto, unlike that @#$%* Sakura. Honestly, that's the kind of girl I'm looking for." I had a poker face on the whole time. I had simply said "Okay", sat down and thought about my choice of friends. 

That is most of the hinata fanbase and their reason for liking her right there to be honest. Well those honest enough to be frank about why they like her. Others try to justifying it with she was always suppose to become Naruto wife and it became "obvious" after she "confessed" to naruto, because apparently they entire story of naruto was working toward that one scene in their own bs. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 04 September 2015 - 03:52 AM.

#82 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 03:18 AM

That most of the hinata fanbase and their reason for liking her right there to be honest. Well those honest enough to be frank about why they like her. Other try justifying it that she was always suppose to become Naruto wife and it became "obvious" after she "confessed" to naruto, because apparently they entire story of naruto was working toward that one scene in their bs. 

Yep, just further proof that they only see Naruto as a self-insert for themselves because, more than likely, they were/are far from the popular kids in school, so they fantasize about having that doormat of a girlfriend who will be more of a slave for them than an equal partner.

2e5.gif

#83 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:16 PM

Yep, just further proof that they only see Naruto as a self-insert for themselves because, more than likely, they were/are far from the popular kids in school, so they fantasize about having that doormat of a girlfriend who will be more of a slave for them than an equal partner.

That also tells us why NH/SS Fans hate so many strong females who stick up for them self and don't want to get walked over, it shows that they see woman as nothing but being a slave to their needs and not what a real relationship is like, I mean I see people who even hate Videl from DBZ why why said she is not like a woman should be a woman should be like 'Hinata' that is what I got,

So James was right on his podcast the NH/SS fans don't know what love is.

#84 NarutoxSakuraFan4Life

NarutoxSakuraFan4Life

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, writing fanfiction/original works.

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:08 PM

That also tells us why NH/SS Fans hate so many strong females who stick up for them self and don't want to get walked over, it shows that they see woman as nothing but being a slave to their needs and not what a real relationship is like, I mean I see people who even hate Videl from DBZ why why said she is not like a woman should be a woman should be like 'Hinata' that is what I got,

Oh yeah, NH/SS fans definitely don't know what love is.

You also have to remember that the NH/SS (mainly NH) fanbase is not only full of fanboys that want a nice, submissive doormat, but also full and I mean FULL of young kids. There are kids 12-years-old and even younger that are NH and SS fans. (And unfortunately my 12-year-old sister is an SS fan. I've tried to explain how toxic SS is but she slams the door in my face, literally.) There is a lot kids can understand, but they are too young to know what true love is. They just ship them because they're "cute" together (this image of "cute" they speak of, is usually just fanarts they find and in poorly written, ooc fanfictions they read) and ignore the facts.

They think Sakura is alright, that her character wasn't ruined. She's with Sasuke and they have a happy, sunshine, rainbow family. That's all that matters.

They think Naruto is alright, that his character wasn't ruined. He finally fell in love with Hinata, a girl who's loved him forever and ever and they too have a happy sunshine, rainbow family now! That's all that matters.

So yeah, just wanted to throw that out there too. 

Edited by NarutoxSakuraFan4Life, 04 September 2015 - 02:12 PM.

tumblr_n0qvafxnzd1s1a2b1o1_500.gif

~Their love was true, their love was pure, their love was beautiful.~

~NaruSaku forever  <3 ~ 

#85 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:15 PM

You also have to remember that the NH/SS (mainly NH) fanbase is not only full of fanboys that want a nice, submissive doormat, but also full and I mean FULL of young kids. There are kids 12-years-old and even younger that are NH and SS fans. (And unfortunately my 12-year-old sister is an SS fan. I've tried to explain how toxic SS is but she slams the door in my face, literally.) There is a lot kids can understand, but they are too young to know what true love is. They just ship them because they're "cute" together (this image of "cute" they speak of, is usually just fanarts they find and in poorly written, ooc fanfictions they read) and ignore the facts.

They think Sakura is alright, that her character wasn't ruined. She's with Sasuke and they have a happy, sunshine, rainbow family. That's all that matters.

They think Naruto is alright, that his character wasn't ruined. He finally fell in love with Hinata, a girl who's loved him forever and ever and they too have a happy sunshine, rainbow family now! That's all that matters.

Man, that is harsh of your sister to do that, and yeah, it's true. A lot of these people who like NH and SS don't know what love really is, which is the biggest tragedy of all. :(

#86 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:47 PM

God first sorry to hear how blind your sister is to such a kitten pairing, man if I had a sister like that I would just do a Sasuke to her.

as for the next well again that fans are all blind which is sad I mean I remember when many and so many girls all kittened that the doctor was going to be played by an older man that to them was not hot but I feel that its needed. If naruto did this it would have shut them up but with SP holding onto it then sadly that is something we know that they will never do again I hope SP will die and never get to make anime again.

#87 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:54 PM

You know to be honest i don't mind entirely if kids like nH and SS it like twilight they are young and stupid and once they get older they will learn what true love is. It the guy and girls that are older than me that is disgusting.

#88 NarutoxSakuraFan4Life

NarutoxSakuraFan4Life

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, writing fanfiction/original works.

Posted 05 September 2015 - 04:47 AM

Man, that is harsh of your sister to do that, and yeah, it's true. A lot of these people who like NH and SS don't know what love really is, which is the biggest tragedy of all. :(

Oh that's nothing. She's actually told me she hated me because I spoke bad about SS. You know what's funny? That NH and SS seem bring out the bad, hateful side of people and yet these pairings are supposed bring happiness and are full of true love? What is the world coming to? 

Yeah it is a tragedy. Maybe they'll learn, maybe not. There are 19+ fans in the NH and SS fandom that think the pairings are okay.... :/

God first sorry to hear how blind your sister is to such a kitten pairing, man if I had a sister like that I would just do a Sasuke to her.

as for the next well again that fans are all blind which is sad I mean I remember when many and so many girls all kittened that the doctor was going to be played by an older man that to them was not hot but I feel that its needed. If naruto did this it would have shut them up but with SP holding onto it then sadly that is something we know that they will never do again I hope SP will die and never get to make anime again.

Yeah me too. I honestly didn't know she was a fan of SS until I told her about the ending. She laughed and said, "In your face! I knew they would get together." I got so angry when she did that. Even if she is my sister that is something a typical SS fan would do. 

Yeah, SP is just a biased company that don't care about development or plot. SP needs to be shut down. 

You know to be honest i don't mind entirely if kids like nH and SS it like twilight they are young and stupid and once they get older they will learn what true love is. It the guy and girls that are older than me that is disgusting.

Yeah, they may or may not learn. Because like I said above there are 19+ fans in both fandoms, and they claim they had been following Naruto since they were 12 soooo.... I guess they didn't learn about love in those 7 or more years, and never will. 

And yeah, it amazes me that older people, grown people that (supposedly) know about love, and are suppose to have some kind of reading comprehension, like these two pairings. It's like they can't see how toxic and unhealthy SS is and how forced NH is... 

Edited by NarutoxSakuraFan4Life, 05 September 2015 - 04:49 AM.

tumblr_n0qvafxnzd1s1a2b1o1_500.gif

~Their love was true, their love was pure, their love was beautiful.~

~NaruSaku forever  <3 ~ 

#89 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 05 September 2015 - 05:14 AM

I am so glad I watched a NS Video before I got into Naruto. 

509356167_759751.gif?4

#90 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 05 September 2015 - 12:37 PM

It might be a strange reason, but I think it's because Hinata has so little character that people like her.

The only trait we really saw in her throughout the entire series was that she was obsessed with Naruto. Other than that, she really didn't have much in terms of personality or quirks. She was basically a blank slate, if you will. Unlike many of the other characters, we rarely ever got to see much in terms of flaws or issues with Hinata (her obsession with Naruto was never displayed as a problem). 

I think when a character has less personality, people might find it easier to get attached to because honestly, it's less complex. You don't have to look for hints, subtleties or other developments that might fly over a person's head if they're not paying attention.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#91 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 07:25 PM

It might be a strange reason, but I think it's because Hinata has so little character that people like her.

The only trait we really saw in her throughout the entire series was that she was obsessed with Naruto. Other than that, she really didn't have much in terms of personality or quirks. She was basically a blank slate, if you will. Unlike many of the other characters, we rarely ever got to see much in terms of flaws or issues with Hinata (her obsession with Naruto was never displayed as a problem). 

I think when a character has less personality, people might find it easier to get attached to because honestly, it's less complex. You don't have to look for hints, subtleties or other developments that might fly over a person's head if they're not paying attention.

And this is reflected in a majority of debates/arguments/flames by them - mere speculation when it comes to what's in her mind, what she intended, what she was feeling, and so on, because the manga never gave her any real panel time to introduce/develop anything and, as you said, this also means there's no chance for her to make any real mistakes with impact or anything like we got with Naruto and Sakura, but for people with more sense, the flaws/problems we've had with Naruto and Sakura only made them better because it made them feel more real, and also gives people a lot more to talk about along with facts to include with them because the manga actually showed us things with them.

Even when they brought up the whole "changing the Hyuga Clan" angle in the Chunin Exams, you notice that Hinata is defeated by Neji and then it's Naruto who takes on that role and Hinata literally just disappears after the Exam part is over (of course, seems clear that Naruto utterly failed too).

2e5.gif

#92 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 07:34 PM

@lid
Just like iruka then.

#93 Suigetsu

Suigetsu

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:45 AM

If she is a girl, she will think like a girl.
They dont understand that a relationship is about two people, not one.

Problem was the obsessive otakus and fangirls from the western audience I think.

#94 Nohvarr

Nohvarr

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:24 PM

This is kind of BS....I know what I am about to say won't be popular...but it needs to be said. Sakura started to self destruct around the time the manga neared the timeskip. That's when she decided that Sasuke was more important to her than Naruto and the rest of Konoha. I mean she's trying to join him as he runs off to join with Orochimaru. It get's worse as time goes one, she keeps pining after a guy who puts the lives of her friends and family in danger by his very actions. Hell Naruto even begins to leave common sense behind in a desperate attempt to bring Sasuke back partially because he thinks that's what Sakura wants, and his mentality is that if it'll  make HER happy, he'll bring Sasuke home, blinding himself to the man's flaws to a frankly ridiculous degree.

At times Sakura appeared about to pull out of the death spiral her character was in, like when she 'confessed' to Naruto or went off to kill Sasuke, but invariably it all rounded down to her being in love with Sasuke more than with the man who'd stuck by her side, sacrificed so much for her happiness and appeared willing to die to ensure she was with the man she professed to love. That, right there, drove a lot of people into Hinata's arms.

I'll be honest, that confession, turning out to be a lie designed to manipulate Naruto into not confronting Sasuke...really pissed me off. You don't jerk someone heart around like that, no matter how well intention ed your actions were.

Here is the dark truth, both Sakura and Hinata are submissive, just in different ways. Hinata is the quiet girl who loves a good man from a far. Sakura became the feisty girl that forgives a bad boys crimes no matter how heinous. Honestly Sakura got the shorter end of the stick. Naruto may be busy after he became Hokage...but Hell he's still in the village and able to visit his family. Sasuke left Sakura for YEARS alone to raise their daughter....and she didn't do anything about it.

If you've ever read Vampire Hunter D, there's a female character that starts off pretty bad ass and feisty (like Sakura originally was) but once D comes in and starts being the Hero she spirals down into submission and being unable to do anything but rely on D pretty damn fast. Sakura comes off the same way to some fans, a Faux Action girl...in fact she's the page quote on TV tropes.

"I'm a shinobi, too, but I'm always crying and relying too much on Naruto. I came here thinking that I was past all that... but still, I hesitate. I haven't really prepared myself at all. I can't do anything, I can't say anything... All I can do... is to trust them!"
Sakura Haruno of Naruto, in a moment of clarity

Here's her entry on the same page

• Naruto: Sadly, the majority of the kunoichi tend to be overshadowed by the male ninja in this series and have never truly won a fight against a male. Kishimoto has admitted he's not good at writing for girls, which makes you wonder why he put so many of them in the series.
    • Sakura Haruno zigs-zags out. In the beginning of the series she is constantly described as being book-smart, as well as a prodigy at chakra control and talented at Genjutsu, however her Genjutsu talent was never explored further, and she contributes in less than a half dozen fights in the first part of the show. Her affection for Sasuke seems to contribute to this, as she frequently stands around watching him play the Ineffectual Loner. Following the timeskip and the strengthening of both her character and abilities, her infatuation for Sasuke levels off and she is finally able to get off the sidelines for the Sasori and Sai arcs.
      • When she realized that she could not change Sasuke, and only Naruto with similar burdened background can move him, she states all that she can do is watch Naruto and Sasuke's backs and have faith in them.
      • She's accused by many fans of being back on the sidelines in chapter 641 by solely cheering on Naruto and Sasuke, although she is fulfilling her role as a medic to heal the whole platoon as well, which seem less impressive than Naruto's and Sasuke's offensive feats.
      • Sakura also admits that she would get owned by the Sexy Jutsu during a battle to save the world. So she can't even control her hormones when hot naked guys are involved, even if her life and everyone else's depended on it.
    • Generation Xerox being what it is, Sakura's teacher Tsunade plays with this. While she is quite powerful by the standards of normal ninjas, her abilities appear to pale in comparison to her fellow Kage, the people who are supposed to be her contemporaries and equals. However, this is mostly be attributed in part to her Boring Yet Practical melee style: while her move set is very boring, she backs it all up with Super Strength strong enough to break Madara Uchiha's Susanoo and is one of the few characters capable of doing so.
    • Even Kaguya fell prey to this. She is meant to be a physical god said to be one of the most powerful character to have ever lived, but is a huge joke. She gets owned by the Sexy Jutsu (Reverse Harem edition) in battle and Sakura actually does damage to her, leading to her defeat. Even Haku and Zabuza lasted longer than her.external_link.gif

It's sad, when Sakura get's 66% of the Naruto section to herself. Now I know you all will have arguments against this perception...but it IS people's perception of her and it's not formed out of the ether, and perception is reality.

So, some people, given a choice between faux action girl Sakura who appears to pine after a man perhaps one or two steps from being a monster, and Hinata, a faux action girl that at least had good taste in men and didn't indirectly put Naruto's life in danger trying to bring back said bad boy, went with the demure girl.

Personally, I would've preferred Naruto remain single considering his options, but 'Baby's Ever After' seems to be in effect and I really can't expect anything else from this author.

Edited by Nohvarr, 12 September 2015 - 07:27 PM.

“Priests are always easy to blame. They make convenient scapegoats—after all, anyone with a strong faith different from your own must either be a crazy zealot or a lying manipulator.”

- Vasher, Warbreaker

#95 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 04:56 AM

This is kind of BS....I know what I am about to say won't be popular...but it needs to be said. Sakura started to self destruct around the time the manga neared the timeskip. That's when she decided that Sasuke was more important to her than Naruto and the rest of Konoha. I mean she's trying to join him as he runs off to join with Orochimaru. It get's worse as time goes one, she keeps pining after a guy who puts the lives of her friends and family in danger by his very actions. Hell Naruto even begins to leave common sense behind in a desperate attempt to bring Sasuke back partially because he thinks that's what Sakura wants, and his mentality is that if it'll  make HER happy, he'll bring Sasuke home, blinding himself to the man's flaws to a frankly ridiculous degree.

At times Sakura appeared about to pull out of the death spiral her character was in, like when she 'confessed' to Naruto or went off to kill Sasuke, but invariably it all rounded down to her being in love with Sasuke more than with the man who'd stuck by her side, sacrificed so much for her happiness and appeared willing to die to ensure she was with the man she professed to love. That, right there, drove a lot of people into Hinata's arms.

I'll be honest, that confession, turning out to be a lie designed to manipulate Naruto into not confronting Sasuke...really pissed me off. You don't jerk someone heart around like that, no matter how well intention ed your actions were.

Here is the dark truth, both Sakura and Hinata are submissive, just in different ways. Hinata is the quiet girl who loves a good man from a far. Sakura became the feisty girl that forgives a bad boys crimes no matter how heinous. Honestly Sakura got the shorter end of the stick. Naruto may be busy after he became Hokage...but Hell he's still in the village and able to visit his family. Sasuke left Sakura for YEARS alone to raise their daughter....and she didn't do anything about it.

If you've ever read Vampire Hunter D, there's a female character that starts off pretty bad ass and feisty (like Sakura originally was) but once D comes in and starts being the Hero she spirals down into submission and being unable to do anything but rely on D pretty damn fast. Sakura comes off the same way to some fans, a Faux Action girl...in fact she's the page quote on TV tropes.

It's sad, when Sakura get's 66% of the Naruto section to herself. Now I know you all will have arguments against this perception...but it IS people's perception of her and it's not formed out of the ether, and perception is reality.

So, some people, given a choice between faux action girl Sakura who appears to pine after a man perhaps one or two steps from being a monster, and Hinata, a faux action girl that at least had good taste in men and didn't indirectly put Naruto's life in danger trying to bring back said bad boy, went with the demure girl.

Personally, I would've preferred Naruto remain single considering his options, but 'Baby's Ever After' seems to be in effect and I really can't expect anything else from this author.

I kind of agree with you

I just disagree on two points

1 - I don't think Sakura began to self destruct herself near the timeskip, no. It's clear going by the last chapter of part 1 that she had lots of development to go through, her early part 2 self was decent and helpful, interesting and useful, the romantic part of her character got toned down a lot and with this we got pretty clear hints  that Sakura might be liking Naruto as in more than a friend

Sakura's character began to get screwed over after Pein arc, she had already experienced a bench warming throughout some arcs after the Four tails arc and then when she gets the focus again, this romatic subplot that only hurt her character in part 1 is brought up in full force. That made a huge disservice to her character because that, for Sakura, this romantic subplot coming back meant her angstying over Sasuke even if she didn't show any of it during early part 2 as a whole. This ended up leading to the dreadful kage summit arc which was horrible for the entirety of team 7 and then in the end Kishi was never able to make Sakura redeem herself and brought her down even more each time Sasuke was near

2 - Hinata is just as bad as Sakura turned out to be, Kishi just doesn't know how to write females at all so in the end she remained just a plain girl with a obsession for the MC

What draws people to Hinata is because she is shy and submissive to the MC, which attracts the attention of many self inserts

I don' t see how Hinata has good taste in men either...in the end Naruto showed himself to be quite the bad husband and father if Boruto the movie is to be believed

Edited by Nar123, 13 September 2015 - 05:09 AM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#96 Nohvarr

Nohvarr

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:56 AM

We'll have to agree to disagree, but I will point out that the seeds for her destruction were planted before the timeskip and that her desire to follow Sasuke early on really irked a number of people.

As for people liking Hinata just because she's submissive....I'm not buying it due to polls like this one:

http://kotaku.com/th...fans-1689116746

Which suggest people LIKE strong women.

Honestly, I figure Hinata got an initial boost  from liking Naruto from the get go where as Sakura's opinion of him wasn't that high at first. By the time Sakura is showing any hints of interest, the milestone of Sasuke was firmly around her neck in the eyes of some elements of the fandom. Like I poined out previously she appeared to be pulling herself out of her nose dive....but invaribaly whe went back to her rut.

As for Hinata's taste in men, she liked Naruto from the start, just as most people on this forum did, and now her man has become Hokage. He may be busy a lot but at least he makes an effort to show up in some form....his friend Sasuke hasn't even done that much for his wife and daughter.

“Priests are always easy to blame. They make convenient scapegoats—after all, anyone with a strong faith different from your own must either be a crazy zealot or a lying manipulator.”

- Vasher, Warbreaker

#97 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 02:36 PM

Tbh romantic subplot in this manga never get any resolution.

Just because nerd/otaku love waifu, doesn't mean there are none who like submissive type(Yamato nadeshiko).

Hinata is unchallenged. She's the only girl who love naruto. Just like iruka.

But this is kishi, his solution for kakashi number 1 in popularity is cut his panel time.

#98 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 02:38 PM

Kind of funny that there was a poll of top 20 bust women and Hinata didn't get in at all. Yes, side characters are included.

#99 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:36 PM

I kind of agree with you

I just disagree on two points

1 - I don't think Sakura began to self destruct herself near the timeskip, no. It's clear going by the last chapter of part 1 that she had lots of development to go through, her early part 2 self was decent and helpful, interesting and useful, the romantic part of her character got toned down a lot and with this we got pretty clear hints  that Sakura might be liking Naruto as in more than a friend

Sakura's character began to get screwed over after Pein arc, she had already experienced a bench warming throughout some arcs after the Four tails arc and then when she gets the focus again, this romatic subplot that only hurt her character in part 1 is brought up in full force. That made a huge disservice to her character because that, for Sakura, this romantic subplot coming back meant her angstying over Sasuke even if she didn't show any of it during early part 2 as a whole. This ended up leading to the dreadful kage summit arc which was horrible for the entirety of team 7 and then in the end Kishi was never able to make Sakura redeem herself and brought her down even more each time Sasuke was near

2 - Hinata is just as bad as Sakura turned out to be, Kishi just doesn't know how to write females at all so in the end she remained just a plain girl with a obsession for the MC

What draws people to Hinata is because she is shy and submissive to the MC, which attracts the attention of many self inserts

I don' t see how Hinata has good taste in men either...in the end Naruto showed himself to be quite the bad husband and father if Boruto the movie is to be believed

:goodjob:

#100 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:19 PM

We'll have to agree to disagree, but I will point out that the seeds for her destruction were planted before the timeskip and that her desire to follow Sasuke early on really irked a number of people.

As for people liking Hinata just because she's submissive....I'm not buying it due to polls like this one:

http://kotaku.com/th...fans-1689116746

Which suggest people LIKE strong women.

Honestly, I figure Hinata got an initial boost  from liking Naruto from the get go where as Sakura's opinion of him wasn't that high at first. By the time Sakura is showing any hints of interest, the milestone of Sasuke was firmly around her neck in the eyes of some elements of the fandom. Like I poined out previously she appeared to be pulling herself out of her nose dive....but invaribaly whe went back to her rut.

As for Hinata's taste in men, she liked Naruto from the start, just as most people on this forum did, and now her man has become Hokage. He may be busy a lot but at least he makes an effort to show up in some form....his friend Sasuke hasn't even done that much for his wife and daughter.

The thing is that the scene where she vowed to follow Sasuke in part 1 while cringeworthy could be a stage for her to develop, Sakura there was still a child after all 

In the beginning of part 2 Sakura showed herself to be a capable kunoichi and  there was no mention of this love subplot, however after Pein arc, Kishi ended up screwing up by taking Sakura back to her Sakura to her part 1 mistakes

And when I talk about Hinata being loved due to being a submissive moe blob I'm not necessaruly talking about the typical anime community, I'm talking about Naruto community specifically, which is made out of a lot of casual fans who only watch and praise Naruto as the ultimate anime

Besides even in the anime community, there is the segment that likes to "waifu" these typical moe blob characters, the Naruto fandom is full of these type of people

He may be busy a lot but at least he makes an effort to show up in some form

The Hokage oneshot shows naruto sleeps on the couch of his own home 

The Burrito movie shows naruto can't even make time to appear on his daughter birthday for some reason even though he is awfully fast and is living in the same village 
The Burrito movie shows Hinata and Himawari not happy with their situation and genuinely sad
The Burrito movie shows Naruto congratulating his son passing through the chuunin exam through e-mails

Yep, great find Hinata

Honestly there's no other way to put it, naruto used to be a good guy and I don't think anyone in the fandom ever thought he would become such a bad husband and father but alas, Kishi needed to completely change the character in order to self insert as him 

Edited by Nar123, 13 September 2015 - 10:20 PM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users