155 replies to this topic

#1 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:04 PM

The episode starts with a...demon? OK. So the Monster of the Week will be infecting Metal Lee/ LeeTen.

So Shino starts with trying to teach kids how to uses shuriken but the little psychopaths decide to start on their own while he is still in front of the post. GOD DAMN IT! THE CLONE ALREADY?! So she misses the post and look moe-ishly embarrassed. Well Leeten has great accuracy but as the preview summary said he is incredibly shy once he realized people were watching him. Because of his embarrassment he drop a shuriken and goes to pick up. At that exact time Bolt decides he wants to show off how cool he is by... throwing a fuma shuriken. Thankfully Leeten gets his foot stuck inside the hole instead of it killing him. Oh and Bolt since he threw it, Shino because he is the teacher, and the clone because she has to be in every scene all go up to check on him. Oh Bolt stole the shuriken from the repeater.

Opening skip.

Apparently Bolt has been pulling pranks, so Shino set them up to do community work as punishment. With of course the clone as the supervisor, along with Leeten. They are to help repair Naruto's monument that Bolt crash into. Bolt whines like the spoiled child he is thankfully Blond Sai points out its his fault they are there. And back to the clone who turns out to love construction work especially since they are working on the Great Hokage Naruto Sama Kun's face. Oh turn out she was class rep. This was mentioned last episode but I didn't care. And the boys slack off to play games.

It seems Bolt favorite food is burgers, must be an attempt to make him more relatable to the American audience. Oh and now the clone in order to make her less bland looking has one off her back braids coming down over her shoulder while they other one flows freely in the back.

Oh Temari. She scolds her son because she was informed he got in trouble at school, then Shikamaru tells him that he just like him and is very blunt and that can't hurt someone feelings. Which he just did to LeeTen. Then Temari scolds them both because she feels Shikamaru letting their son too much off the hook. At least it is a scene that isn't focus on either Bolt or the Clone.

So the next day...I  kittening KNEW IT! The boy possessed by the spirit of the week and Bolt eye activates. Which makes Leeten attack Shika because of what he said the day before. Fight scene. Its actually a pretty creative fight. Shika apologies. Oh Great instead of the clone were back with the original, great. bolt apparently finally decides to ask about his mother eye power. Nothing comes of it. Naruto comes home but too tired and goes to bed. This pisses Bolt of because he is not eating Hinata's food.

The episode ends with Leeten finding the other boys playing games and they convince him to try it. He gets nervous and break Bolt's handheld.

Its better then the last one because of the lack of focus on Bolt and the Clone disappears after the first half.

Question for the people that watched it: "What so far has this anime has made it feel lacking?"

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 19 April 2017 - 02:05 PM.

#2 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:09 PM

The problem is that I feel like it's filler quality that don't have much energy to make it grand. The irony is because of Kishi saying it's "canon" they treat it like it's great stuff. It's like Super and GT. GT not made by original equals total garbage. Super more or less made by original equals perfection.

#3 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:15 PM

GT was decent for what it was it was trying to go back to the more wacky adventures of early Dragonball then went on to have mere Z battles. Also at least it could be enjoyable at times. Honestly this feels like one of the breather episodes in Super, but without the passion. This so far is very by the numbers. They know the elements that make up an Naruto episode but it doesn't have the heart

This feels like any generic anime you could find create by the dozen each season. There is so far nothing special about this show. The people working on this are just going with what works to do the job and not putting anymore effort then that.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 19 April 2017 - 01:22 PM.

#4 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:17 PM

I think that's the best way to put it. It's not lively as it should be. It's acting like slice of life in High School, yet they are still kids.

#5 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:39 PM

Wait so it was confirm that metal kid is the son of Lee and Tenten ?? i don't remember it was ever confirm or proved.

I finally watch this episode because it pop out on youtube recommendation , i'm not a good review or critic but for the whole 20 minutes whenever i see these kids i saw their parents , i can't get the feelings of something NEW or something FRESH , whenever i see Metal or Shikadai or Inojin my brain automatically said oh it's Rock Lee , Shikamaru and Sai , this series just completely rehashing the previous gen.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#6 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:41 PM

Normally a big name manga from shounen jump normally get made by people that are interested in the manga. Since companies have to bid to get the rights to these stories. Since they are normally the money makers. So you better get the one your workers are interested in. Even (thought I think some of you will complain about this) the New Berserk anime I can feel the love those animators have for that series.

The feeling I get from this just comes off as Boruto is some Light Novel that got just popular enough in Japan to get an anime (for a season), but the staff either never read it or cared for it before they were assigned to it. I can't even recall if this episode had any music, and I just watched it.

Also Yyubie, unless he is a literal clone of Lee that is the only logical conclusion. The anime is just a copy of something else, there is nothing new and their is no attempt at something new (even the demon looks like a death god). Even the opening is a copy of a Bleach opening.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 19 April 2017 - 01:53 PM.

#7 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:41 PM

I just don't understand. Why is this series still running? You think the Japanese fans will just stop watching it, why would they even watch it in the first place? It sucks, they should know by now that Naruto lost it's high quality years ago and this series is completely lacking what the original series had since it's debut. I'm really crossing my fingers they stopped watching so it can get cancel since the manga isn't doing any good either.

Edited by Gravenimage, 19 April 2017 - 03:41 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#8 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:56 PM

From the review that you gave us, Boruto lacks ambition, vigor and most importantly, inspiration.

Because what is so inspiring about a spoiled child who has it all with an unnecessary case of daddy issues? He doesn't have much to prove about himself, Boruto's automatically well respected around the world because of his background and widely revered family; his beautiful princess mother and handsome heroic demigod father. So... there's not much too it. It's just a cookie cutter "shounen".

I tried to give this a chance, but I will not be watching/reading about this any further, personally. I kinda don't wanna go through another 300+ filler series that leaves me more confused than informed again... This was made for skin-deep fans who prefer fanservice and graphics > plot and character anyway, which I'm not apart of. I know I sound as salty as the Dead Sea, but that's just how I feel.

(If someone can recommend me some better action/comedy/psychology/horror packed manga/anime to look into that's better than this, that would be swell. I'm currently looking into Tamen de Gushi, SNK and stuff like that.)

#9 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:10 PM

Just got done watching the episode.... I'll have my review posted shortly, but I'll list one of the things I actually laughed at when it came to this episode.. The entire dynamic with the Nara Family between Temari,  Shikamaru, and Shikadai was pretty entertaining to watch I think that was only general thing I liked. The rest of the episode was alright at best when looking at the series on it's own. 

Oh I also noticed that Sarada, ChoChou and Denki weren't in the episode so that's a thing. 

Edited by LuckyChi7, 19 April 2017 - 05:12 PM.

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#10 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:13 PM

I just don't understand. Why is this series still running? You think the Japanese fans will just stop watching it, why would they even watch it in the first place? It sucks, they should know by now that Naruto lost it's high quality years ago and this series is completely lacking what the original series had since it's debut. I'm really crossing my fingers they stopped watching so it can get cancel since the manga isn't doing any good either.

Well buddy, it's unfortunate to say that anime in Japan don't profit off of viewership, but other merchandising so even if the anime tanks in terms of viewership the anime will still keep running in the hopes of profitting from the merch and other things :pinch:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#11 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:19 PM

The Nara family interaction and some creativity in the fight are the only good things in this episode.

#12 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:21 PM

Basically. Other than that, Boringto continues to lack energy.

#13 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:59 PM

@ Bail o' Lies : Thanks for the summary :D

From the review that you gave us, Boruto lacks ambition, vigor and most importantly, inspiration.

Because what is so inspiring about a spoiled child who has it all with an unnecessary case of daddy issues? He doesn't have much to prove about himself, Boruto's automatically well respected around the world because of his background and widely revered family; his beautiful princess mother and handsome heroic demigod father. So... there's not much too it. It's just a cookie cutter "shounen".

I tried to give this a chance, but I will not be watching/reading about this any further, personally. I kinda don't wanna go through another 300+ filler series that leaves me more confused than informed again... This was made for skin-deep fans who prefer fanservice and graphics > plot and character anyway, which I'm not apart of. I know I sound as salty as the Dead Sea, but that's just how I feel.

(If someone can recommend me some better action/comedy/psychology/horror packed manga/anime to look into that's better than this, that would be swell. I'm currently looking into Tamen de Gushi, SNK and stuff like that.)

I have some good animes : Ao no Exorcist - Noragami - Nanatsu no Taizai - Hellsing Ultimate - Kuros.h.i.t.suji - Tokyo Ghoul.

Shinjeki no Kyojin is awesome. The story's awesome too. You should definitely watch it. It's for adults and is heavy on the genres of Gore and Psychological. I have a friend that couldn't continue to watch it.

Same goes for Hellsing Ultimate. Tokyo Ghoul is the same on the genres, but a bit less heavy than Shinjeki no Kyoujin and Hellsing Ultimate.

By the way, Kuros.h.i.t.suji isn't written like that. The censorship is changing it to Kurokittensuji. Hahaha XD

Edited by T XD, 19 April 2017 - 06:21 PM.

#14 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:06 PM

I laughed at the censorship on one anime you listed.

#15 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:09 PM

I know right. 

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#16 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:12 PM

Now I saw it. That's really funny. I'll edit it :P

Edited by T XD, 19 April 2017 - 06:13 PM.

#17 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:20 PM

From what I understood, Sarada is only shown with the classmates while Sumire gets some focus on screen in this episode ?

#18 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:31 PM

From what I understood, Sarada is only shown with the classmates while Sumire gets some focus on screen in this episode ?

She was completely absent. The main focus is actually in a way on Shikadai, since he was taught to show manner and not get things away easy. Metal Lee is the monster of the week.

The episode is better than last week (not hard). While some of my complaints got addressed a bit, it still needs to show more depth and lively. It feels too serious for its own good. I'm not saying it has to be wacky 24/7, but it needs to maintain somewhat energy from the first episode. It has to be more than school with supernatural. It should be elaborated. Like how MHA utilizes its universe with silly yet related environment.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 19 April 2017 - 06:36 PM.

#19 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:34 PM

@ Bail o' Lies : Thanks for the summary :D

I have some good animes : Ao no Exorcist - Noragami - Nanatsu no Taizai - Hellsing Ultimate - Kuros.h.i.t.suji - Tokyo Ghoul.

Shinjeki no Kyojin is awesome. The story's awesome too. You should definitely watch it. It's for adults and is heavy on the genres of Gore and Psychological. I have a friend that couldn't continue to watch it.

Same goes for Hellsing Ultimate. Tokyo Ghoul is the same on the genres, but a bit less heavy than Shinjeki no Kyoujin and Hellsing Ultimate.

By the way, Kuros.h.i.t.suji isn't written like that. The censorship is changing it to Kurokittensuji. Hahaha XD

Black Butler/ Kurosh.i.t.suji is one of my all time favourite manga :smile:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#20 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:42 PM

She was completely absent. The main focus is actually in a way on Shikadai.

I'm comparing between Sarada and Sumire to see where this is going. Sumire gets screen focus more than Sarada which the anime is in the beginning with a side character not even introduced yet in the manga.

It seems they're pushing for a love triangle between Naruto, Sakura and Hinata like characters.

Black Butler/ Kurosh.i.t.suji is one of my all time favourite manga :smile:

Yup. It's a very good one.

Edited by T XD, 22 April 2017 - 04:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users