Close
Photo

What would happen if they retconned the ending?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:38 PM

What would happen is that it would further divide the fandom (If that's even possible at this point). The fans who supported the ending would most likely leave and there is no guarantee that the ones who left the series would come back. 

Besides, merely changing the end pairings won't solve all the other problems that the ending brought about. It would just be the same kitten with different pairings. 

Keep in mind that I'm not against changing the ending, if it's done correctly. However I don't think Kishi would be able to pull it off without making things much worse. 

Edited by TerrorKing, 05 November 2015 - 01:39 PM.

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#22 starlitestarbrite

starlitestarbrite

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:06 PM

then NH/SS get the manga, and NS/SK get the anime. SP would probably get a lot of NEW NS/SK fans' cause their old fan base have moved on.

Edited by starlitestarbrite, 05 November 2015 - 04:08 PM.

#23 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 08:41 PM

People will always consider the original written ending to be the true ending, the only way the retcon would be acceptable is if Kishi himself came out denouncing the ending, apoligising to the fans and publish the new ending. If they did that it would open a whole new can of worms, specially with them profiting healthly from the Bolt and the Last movies, I wouldn't be surprised if they could face legal action, even if this normally does not happen in Japan.

It wouldn't make sense, the number of people who care will deminish, Naruto will not be remembered by the majority for it's end, and if it ever gets a remake in a few decades they'll more likely retcon the main story to make NH and SS make more sense and reduce the bond of NS.

iAnby7W.gif

#24 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 08:57 PM

I'm sorry clearly I wans't making this clear......The Last didn't leak NH. The employee working on the movie did....he told us that Naruto was going to end up with a tender woman better than Kushina and that Sakura will love Sasuke forever....this was during the summer of 2014.

Never heard about this before.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#25 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 11:38 PM

i would like it if the anime ended with naruto and sakura ... its not like the manga ending needs to be followed since its crap. if sp wants to make the ending make sense why not.  

#26 Toby

Toby

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:40 AM

If anything, the manga should've ended NS and anime can end NH. People who follow the story tend to like NS, people who don't really follow the plot and just look at the anime and fillers and who looks cute with who, or they only watched Part 1, want NH -- or like, Japan has more Sakura fans than Hinata fans so I wouldn't be surprised but SP has so much NH and Anti-Sakura I don't think they'll change anything

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users