Close
Photo

The NEW NaruSaku Debate Thread

• Please log in to reply
54175 replies to this topic

#48381 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 06:10 PM

Remember the Hinata alarm clocks they made from Naruto the Last that just didn't sell? The Japan fanbase said that they were all just sitting on shelves gathering dust and hardly any, if at all, were buying them. Who would want to wake up to an alarm of "Naruto-kun?" Not even the NH fandom wants that either.

It's funny how they thought the NH fandom was going to buy anything with Hinata on it only for them to not buy everything with HInata on it.

They overestimated the NH fandom love for Hinata. They will defend her to the end of the earth, but won't buy anything with her "goddess face" on it.

Yeah, and yet they also won't realize her flaws and such.

#48382 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:59 PM

Remember the Hinata alarm clocks they made from Naruto the Last that just didn't sell? The Japan fanbase said that they were all just sitting on shelves gathering dust and hardly any, if at all, were buying them. Who would want to wake up to an alarm of "Naruto-kun?" Not even the NH fandom wants that either.

Why would that even work? Imagine you need to get up at 7 am. You think someone prodding "Naruto-kun?" would work? If she's her soft-spoken self, most would sleep through it. 

#48383 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:59 PM

It's funny how they thought the NH fandom was going to buy anything with Hinata on it only for them to not buy everything with HInata on it.

They overestimated the NH fandom love for Hinata. They will defend her to the end of the earth, but won't buy anything with her "goddess face" on it.

It is "HILARIOUS" on how badly Naruto's executives shot themselves in the foot with this zany promote Hinata scheme  :yes:

Edited by Phantom_999, 12 March 2018 - 12:49 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#48384 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:45 AM

I know about the clocks but what about those damn coins. Remember the golden Hinata coin and Naruto's silver? I wonder what was the Japanese reaction  about those collectibles. I remember over here, I was beyond pissed off about it.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#48385 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:59 AM

It is "HILARIOUS" on how badly NAruto's executives shot themselves in the foot with this zany promote HInata scheme  :yes:

It's like "Hinata's appeal is universal!" when in actuality, it's INCREDIBLY narrow.

The people who like her really like her, but there aren't many of them, and everyone else hates her or doesn't give a damn. Foolish.

Edited by DrK, 28 February 2018 - 01:00 AM.

#48386 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:06 AM

It's like "Hinata's appeal is universal!" when in actuality, it's INCREDIBLY narrow.

The people who like her really like her, but there aren't many of them, and everyone else hates her or doesn't give a damn. Foolish.

SP had to be truly delusional to believe their golden girl was actually the most popular girl. Despite people hating her actions, it always seemed like Sakura was better received because she actually had development and depth.

#48387 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:16 AM

I know about the clocks but what about those damn coins. Remember the golden Hinata coin and Naruto's silver? I wonder what was the Japanese reaction  about those collectibles. I remember over here, I was beyond pissed off about it.

Wait, there was coins of them for some reason??? O-o; It just shows Studio Pierrot's stupidity in the end. Just like their lies in advertisements for The Last about what it really was about, just to try to rack in the bucks after fans who bought advance tickets and such couldn't get refunds XP

SP had to be truly delusional to believe their golden girl was actually the most popular girl. Despite people hating her actions, it always seemed like Sakura was better received because she actually had development and depth.

Yeah, that's exactly what it was if you ask me with Sakura; she had development and depth. All Hinata had was moe points, a crush on the main character, and big boobs, so people liked her rather than Sakura just because of how Sakura was at first without giving her a chance to really develop. XP

#48388 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:34 AM

Wait, there was coins of them for some reason??? O-o; It just shows Studio Pierrot's stupidity in the end. Just like their lies in advertisements for The Last about what it really was about, just to try to rack in the bucks after fans who bought advance tickets and such couldn't get refunds XP

Yeah, that's exactly what it was if you ask me with Sakura; she had development and depth. All Hinata had was moe points, a crush on the main character, and big boobs, so people liked her rather than Sakura just because of how Sakura was at first without giving her a chance to really develop. XP

Oh yes, we posted the images. I said my input (I believe I did. If I didn't then I was under retirement mode after the whole fiasco. I don't feel like going through the archives right now). It just to show not only misogynist views: Hinata is gold because she got everything, top billing as heroine so Sakura needed to be "dethrone"; Naruto is her "man" while he's a silver coin (why? He's the titular character, that was beyond stupid. Its like we're putting other titular character franchises like Sonic as a silver coin and someone else like Silver as a golden coin). The marketing for The Last was beyond stupid. I wonder did that cafe with the cast closed down after the backlash.

Back then, they had some good ideas like the theme park, the train and the reforestation for the kids. Why everything went haywire just because it wasn't competing as it was suppose to?

Nah, I believe it had something to do with one statement and it had followers for many years. I stated awhile back that it could be possible that Sakura was hated because of the statement Masashi said in her concepts way back. Fans took it as bible passages and the followers came. You see why they ignore her development over the course. But it could be also the reason that the team was also adding more and more about Sasuke and the Uchihas, thinking that idea had more priorities than adding more to Naruto, Sakura and the rest of the cast when they needed it. Same goes for the Studio Pierrot with the anime as well. Especially for all of that filler. They could've at least give Sakura screen time around the period instead of adding stupid and unnecessary ideas like 13-year old naked Hinata scene and making Naruto beyond dumb for comedic effect.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#48389 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:17 AM

Oh yes, we posted the images. I said my input (I believe I did. If I didn't then I was under retirement mode after the whole fiasco. I don't feel like going through the archives right now). It just to show not only misogynist views: Hinata is gold because she got everything, top billing as heroine so Sakura needed to be "dethrone"; Naruto is her "man" while he's a silver coin (why? He's the titular character, that was beyond stupid. Its like we're putting other titular character franchises like Sonic as a silver coin and someone else like Silver as a golden coin)

Well the game that Silver was introduced in is one of the few creative works in existence that might actually be worse than The Last. So that would make a lot of sense actually.

#48390 Niky

Niky

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:41 PM

Well the game that Silver was introduced in is one of the few creative works in existence that might actually be worse than The Last. So that would make a lot of sense actually.

:blink:

I know nothing about Sonic. How come?

Edited by Niky, 28 February 2018 - 04:42 PM.

“A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author.”

G. K. Chesterton

tumblr_o3tosabkSm1untbo7o4_r2_250.gif

Their first encounter...

#48391 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:51 PM

:blink:

I know nothing about Sonic. How come?

First off, Sonic is a game, so if they mess up, it's more torturous  because you have to actively play a bad game as opposed to watching a bad movie passively.

As for what DrK was talking about specifically, Sonic 06 is regarded as one of the worst games by far. It is just filled with glitches, bad design and unacceptable loading times

Oh, and a HUMAN makes out with Sonic. Hurray for Beastiality!

I'd recommend watching Clement's review of Sonic 06. It was hilarious to watch him lose his mind. (Wish someone would do the same with Naruto)

#48392 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:03 PM

First off, Sonic is a game, so if they mess up, it's more torturous  because you have to actively play a bad game as opposed to watching a bad movie passively.

As for what DrK was talking about specifically, Sonic 06 is regarded as one of the worst games by far. It is just filled with glitches, bad design and unacceptable loading times

I'd recommend watching Clement's review of Sonic 06. It was hilarious to watch him lose his mind. (Wish someone would do the same with Naruto)

Fun Fact: Sonic was originally designed as a human.

#48393 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:32 PM

Well, actually Sonic 06 isn't likely the worse game in the franchise anymore. That title is now goes to Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric for the Wii U. That game got panned badly because of bad bugs galore also that Big Red Studios didn't get enough development time to QA because SEGA wanted to released the game on time as part of the exclusive Nintendo deal (Not to mention the Cry Engine 3 wasn't working on the Wii U properly. You see why many people said that the game would've been better if it was released on the other consoles).

latest?cb=20140126021943

#48394 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:33 PM

Hinatata's gold? Should've been tin foil like the hats her extremist fans wear.

2e5.gif

#48395 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:57 PM

I'd STILL take that over "The Last" :hehehe:  :zaru:  NOTHING is worst for me than "The Last" because that movie is a BETRAYAL of the fans and the franchise

Plus I'll be honest, I've played through some pretty terribly glitchy, slow loading, badly designed games and I've enjoyed them well enough :smile:

Edited by Phantom_999, 28 February 2018 - 07:59 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#48396 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:28 AM

Well, actually Sonic 06 isn't likely the worse game in the franchise anymore. That title is now goes to Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric for the Wii U. That game got panned badly because of bad bugs galore also that Big Red Studios didn't get enough development time to QA because SEGA wanted to released the game on time as part of the exclusive Nintendo deal (Not to mention the Cry Engine 3 wasn't working on the Wii U properly. You see why many people said that the game would've been better if it was released on the other consoles).

Yeah, I forgot about that game. It is worse, because Sonic 06 is at least entertaining in how bad it is. That game is bad in a way that is not remotely amusing.

Also Sonic and that human princess was a better love story than NH, despite how freakishly tall she was. Because Sonic didn't abandon his feelings for Amy Rose because of the fact that they were based on his rivalry with Shadow. Or Knux if you prefer. Sonic never even liked Amy Rose at all. So it was better.

Edited by DrK, 01 March 2018 - 06:31 AM.

#48397 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 02 March 2018 - 05:49 AM

Yeah, I forgot about that game. It is worse, because Sonic 06 is at least entertaining in how bad it is. That game is bad in a way that is not remotely amusing.

Also Sonic and that human princess was a better love story than NH, despite how freakishly tall she was. Because Sonic didn't abandon his feelings for Amy Rose because of the fact that they were based on his rivalry with Shadow. Or Knux if you prefer. Sonic never even liked Amy Rose at all. So it was better.

that's kinda debatable honestly since if you do the side stuff in sonic unleashed you do make sonic agree to a date with amy, just that date doesn't happen because sonic gets sucked into the story book in sonic and the black knight right when he's supposed to meet with amy for the date, thus amy chases him with her hammer thinking he stood her up.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#48398 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 05:51 AM

that's kinda debatable honestly since if you do the side stuff in sonic unleashed you do make sonic agree to a date with amy, just that date doesn't happen because sonic gets sucked into the story book in sonic and the black knight right when he's supposed to meet with amy for the date, thus amy chases him with her hammer thinking he stood her up.

Yeah they have been flip floppy on his relationship with Amy Rose.

#48399 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 06:16 AM

I thought his dislike of her affections was a running gag. Is Sonic secretly a Tsundere?

#48400 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 06:57 AM

I thought his dislike of her affections was a running gag. Is Sonic secretly a Tsundere?

In some recent games Amy has been more of a Tsundere; the after the end of Black Knight, as the book folds up, you hear Sonic explain to Amy WHY he missed their date, and what sounds like Amy whacking him. He also put her in danger in Sonic Riders, Amy game back looking pissed, and chased him around with her hammer (though why he doesn't go full speed is a very good question).

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users