The NaruSaku Rant Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1216 replies to this topic

#61 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 01 October 2004 - 06:32 AM

Wow, lots of energy spent ranting on bad fics, reviewers and writers!

Yeah, I agree with you guys - teenagers HAVE HORMONES! I mean, hell, there is no way a guy like Naruto (or even Shikamaru!) would go through days without at least some fantasising about their loves! Same goes for Sakura and Ino - they're the types who would spend a lot of time thinking about the guys when they're not concentrating on training/missions. tongue.gif

I foresee Naruto and Sakura having naughty thoughts about each other while they're trying to be just friends and focus on being shinobi. tongue.gif I may have to raise the rating of SoF when puberty really hits the characters...

Hell, it wouldn't be OOC for Sakura to try and peek on an older Naruto in the hot springs!

And I agree, we need to get some NaruSakuness in FF/AFF! I have a holiday coming up in two weeks, maybe I can get some one-shots done. wink.gif

I have a little rant about the anime. I just wish they could give Naruto some credit in it! Sure, he still does cool things, but he's made to look stupider in it. Over the manga he's shown to be slowly becoming more intelligent and has moments of genius in battle. They still show his bright moments in battle, but they dumb him down outside of fights. :/

Sakura DOES look better at the Chuunin exam and afterwards, and so far it seems they're trying to compensate for slightly veering away from the manga now, by making her look better in the fillers and Naruto is a bit better though he still had a bad moment. Their interaction was better - there was so little "Sasuke-kun" swooning!!

#62 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2004 - 06:58 AM

I also must admit that after seeing the Hinata vs Neji fight I respect Hinata a lot more than I used too. I mean the fact that she was able to fight to a standstill against the mighty NEJI made me think twice about calling her a weakling.

Still she is strong in a way. I still see Sakura as much stronger. Mainly because when you look at the facts.

Asuma said that Ino was the top ranked of the female genin's. I'm not sure if that was his exact quote but it seemed to say in terms of strength Ino was the superior. Now if Sakura could fight to a standstill with Ino and Hinata's weaker than Hanabi then that proves something. That Sakura isn't exactly as weak as people claim her to be. From what I've seen so far TenTen is the weakest of the female genin's and that's because she only relies on weapons. She doesn't use jutsu's at all and that's a costly mistake which was proven in her fight against Temari.

Granted I still don't like Hinata all that much because she's far too nice and innocent and I will NEVER like NaruHina but I respect her more now and if she would continue to act the way she has been during her fight with Neji then she'd definately would make a good successor to the Hyuuga family. Heh if only Hizashi had been there to see THAT fight.

#63 sharingank

sharingank

Inner Kyuubi

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:Uh...stuff. I like Naruto. Wow. What a surprise. Gaara, Kakashi, Neji, and Kankuro are the boys.

Posted 01 October 2004 - 12:27 PM

Yeah, I agree. I mean, I have some respect for her, but she irritates me too much to actually like her. That's why I write her more mature and confident (and I give reasons for that, too....I didn't just turn her into someone else without explaining happy.gif) because I wouldn't be able to do it if I didn't tweak a few things....

I also agree that Sakura is a lot weaker/whineir in the show...bah. Oh well. And Naruto does come off as a bit of a block head, but I adore him so much that I let that junk slide off. ::shrugs:: We know better, so who cares if people are too stupid to just watch the show and not read the manga? It's thier loss...

#64 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2004 - 08:33 PM

Yeah but the most important change is that they glorify Sasuke more and make him into the oh so tragic hero of fangirls dreams.

I was reading around some message boards and I read that there are some people who prefer NaruHina because they claim that Naruto isn't Sakura's type. Yeah like they'd know what Sakura wants in a guy.

Plus I noticed that NaruHina people support SakuLee AND SasuSaku

while SasuSaku and SakuLee fans support NaruHina.

See the connection?

#65 alphabet

alphabet

dumpling-buns

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 02 October 2004 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (Aethos @ Oct 1 2004, 03:33 PM)
Plus I noticed that NaruHina people support SakuLee AND SasuSaku

while SasuSaku and SakuLee fans support NaruHina.

See the connection?

That gets me mad. I have no problems if you give, you know, legitimate reasons why you like those pairings with canon backup. Problem is that when you use NaruHina with SasuSaku (or vice versa) and don't justify your reasons for choosing both, it's just a conveniance pairing. Those I have problems with. I could support SasuIno because it gets Sasuke out of the way, doesn't it? And I could support KibaHina because Hinata's out of the way (Although I don't see her as being that big of a threat). But I don't. I DON'T support SasuIno, because I think it ruins their characters. I like ShikaIno because it works and is interesting. I do support KibaHina because I think Kiba has a crush on Hinata. I don't like it becaues it gets Hinata out of the way, if that was true then I wouldn't care who she was with because she's out of the way, isn't she?

And I feel that I do see that with a lot of the pairings. They drive it in their heads so much that these pairings MUST HAPPEN because then the threats will be out of the way, that they convinve themselves and those around them that it's CANON and CANNOT BE FOUGHT OR PROVED OTHERWISE!

And that's not cool. biggrin.gif

Why do I get the feeling that I misspelled about half the words in that? :blink:
Posted Image

#66 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2004 - 06:37 PM

Yeah I mean it's pretty obvious when the non-militant SasuSaku, and SakuLee people say stuff like

"I don't care who Sakura ends up with as long as it's not Naruto"

Because you know secretly they're pushing for NaruHina.

I just don't like it either. They don't give any real evidence and any evidence they do give was just a part of the manga that they warped into their own image.

#67 sharingank

sharingank

Inner Kyuubi

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:Uh...stuff. I like Naruto. Wow. What a surprise. Gaara, Kakashi, Neji, and Kankuro are the boys.

Posted 02 October 2004 - 07:32 PM

Yeah, that IS really freaking irritating...especially when that's the ONLY argument they can come up with. It's like, GET SOME NEW MATERIAL, PLEASE!!! SHOW ME SOME PROOF, DAMN IT!!!

::stomps off swearing and throwing things::

#68 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 02 October 2004 - 08:07 PM

I know! So many of those supporters are really NaruHina/SasuSaku fans in disguise... Bah. I also hate it when they say a pairing will happen without giving any solid evidence.

I grew to love NaruSaku because the manga showed how it was growing, how the two genins interacted, the tough love Sakura gives Naruto and how the guy loves her so much and will do anything to make sure she's safe.

I bet that the NaruHinas/SasuSakus are secretly terrified of what will happen in the next few manga chapters.

Because you just know that once Sakura realises her feelings and tells Naruto...

It's going to be the end of the world for NaruHina and others.

#69 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2004 - 08:11 PM

Yeah and then all the NaruHina's and SasuSaku fans will shout out that Kishimoto has betrayed them.

Heck I went onto a Naruto fanart site that was full of NaruHina and SasuSaku fan art and the person who ran the site said that if NaruHina didn't happen that she would consider Kishimoto a sadist.

That's sad that's very very sad.

#70 Soritia

Soritia

Uchiha Obito Obsessor

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts
  • Interests:This should be obvious...

Posted 02 October 2004 - 08:15 PM

*barfs many times* (uh....)
Besides, Naruto and Hinata don't even fit well together. She's too shy, he's too energetic. She needs someone passively sensitive and Naruto needs someone rambuctious.
Same with SasuSaku (*barfs*). Love is about finding the best in people and living with their worst. Sakura isn't really Sakura around Sasuke. She's some freakish retard. (heck, she put out Ino for that bastard.) That's why it'll never work between them.
*writes a scientific paper on this*

#71 hokuten

hokuten

I am CLUTCH.

• Kage
  • 8,014 posts
  • Interests:EHRGEIZ: God Bless The Ring!

Posted 02 October 2004 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (Aethos @ Oct 2 2004, 02:11 PM)
Yeah and then all the NaruHina's and SasuSaku fans will shout out that Kishimoto has betrayed them.

Heck I went onto a Naruto fanart site that was full of NaruHina and SasuSaku fan art and the person who ran the site said that if NaruHina didn't happen that she would consider Kishimoto a sadist.

That's sad that's very very sad.

wow ... people and their pairings. We all know, that somehow Kin will come back from the dead will seduce Naruto, and everyone will be wrong! If not Naruto, then Kin will seduce Neji!

Do you think Anime/Manga will lose a lot of their readers if NaruSaku happens? Since all theses NaruHina/SasuSaku people will stop reading, and get pissed since it isnt going to happen their way?

sushiset1_shrimp.gifHard-Gay-animated-sprite.gif
"Shiny. Let's go be bad guys."

#72 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2004 - 08:25 PM

bah well if they're going to stop reading because of that let them then. After all it's their loss and they must not have been really big fans of the series if they're just going to stop reading it because of that.

Although for me the only way I'd stop reading it is if Sasuke sudeenly came back to Konoha saying that he got rid of the curse seal and killed both Orochimaru and Itachi and then he starts acting all HAPPY and JOYFUL and NON ANGSTY

I mean come on for Sasuke to pull a 180 like THAT would be the possible WORST part of the manga if that were to happen since Sasuke is NONE of those things and will most likely die with Itachi in their fight.

#73 Soritia

Soritia

Uchiha Obito Obsessor

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (hokuten @ Oct 2 2004, 12:21 PM)
wow ... people and their pairings.  We all know, that somehow Kin will come back from the dead will seduce Naruto, and everyone will be wrong!  If not Naruto, then Kin will seduce Neji!

Do you think Anime/Manga will lose a lot of their readers if NaruSaku happens?  Since all theses NaruHina/SasuSaku people will stop reading, and get pissed since it isnt going to happen their way?

Nah, I think that Kishi will let the NaruSaku in gradually, so the people adapt. (You know, by showing Naruto really happy with Sakura.) Then I think they won't be NaruHina/SasuSaku fans anymore. *barfs*

#74 hokuten

hokuten

I am CLUTCH.

• Kage
  • 8,014 posts
  • Interests:EHRGEIZ: God Bless The Ring!

Posted 02 October 2004 - 08:32 PM

yea, thats true. You never want to just lay something out right away, it had to build so people will appreciate it.

LOL!!! Sasgay doing the 180, would be very terrible. He's all giddy, and happy, and helpful, and very open. Add CSL2 with Make-up and lipstick?!

Sasgay: HI guys! I'm feeling SUPER!!!

sushiset1_shrimp.gifHard-Gay-animated-sprite.gif
"Shiny. Let's go be bad guys."

#75 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2004 - 08:32 PM

You know the worst part is that if NaruHina and SasuSaku fans actually did gradually change to NaruSaku they'd start saying that they KNEW the couple would happen all along even though we'd all know they didn't think so back then.

#76 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 08:38 PM

Yeah, I see people adapting when Naruto and Sakura start to grow closer. happy.gif They'd see what Sakura is really like and that she's a cool character around Naruto (thus dwindling the number of Sakura haters). And they would see Naruto really cares about her and is happy with her.

I mean, I remember when Aethos and I used to debate a lot in Naruto talk. We actually swung a fair few undecided people and even some SakuLee fans our way when we showed how Naruto and Sakura were getting closer!

Sasuke doing the 180 would be VERY scary. tongue.gif Terrifying. I think even Sakura and Ino would run away screaming.

#77 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2004 - 08:45 PM

Yeah I can see it now.

Sasuke: I'm all over my angst so now I shall become part... OF A BOY BAND!

Everybody in the world: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Yeah plus the fact that I remember me and Smiter really drove the SasuSaku and NaruHina fans so far that they could only personally insult us. Heck I was called an idiot by the NaruHina's and I was told that I didn't know what I was talkin gabout by the SasuSakuer's I'm just glad that the NaruSaku's are more mature than that.

#78 Soritia

Soritia

Uchiha Obito Obsessor

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Oct 2 2004, 12:38 PM)
I mean, I remember when Aethos and I used to debate a lot in Naruto talk.  We actually swung a fair few undecided people and even some SakuLee fans our way when we showed how Naruto and Sakura were getting closer!

*snivels* You guys are true revelutionaries!

#79 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 09:07 PM

*lays on floor twitching*

I HATE boy bands! They need to DIE!

*sics Gaara on them and watches him gleefully tear them apart*

Slow down Gaara-san, it's much better to kill them slowly. wink.gif

Gaara: *smirks evilly*

Yeah, it was good to open peoples' eyes to how the manga really goes. happy.gif A lot of N***H*** and S***S***s kept quoting scenes that NEVER happened. One even said that Sasuke was willing to ask Sakura to help him get out of the ground when they were being tested by Kakashi at the Genin selection exams! Aethos and I simply showed the manga and proved her wrong.

You sometimes wonder if they were drinking/smoking something when they came up with those non-existent scenes. tongue.gif

We were good, Aethos. happy.gif The only pairing to have actual evidence as well!

#80 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2004 - 10:00 PM

Yes we are the only pairing to HAVE any REAL evidence

Lee is awesome but there's no chance that SakuLee will happen. Heck they're just friends and I bet Lee would be just fine with that.

Heh in fact Lee is sort of like Sanji from One Piece with his crush on Sakura

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users