14 replies to this topic

#1 Hefster

Hefster

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 03:22 PM

Yo, this isn't really a need of help but more a question to those that use Firefox.

Somehow, the H&E cookies to stay logged in do not stick with Firefox. I know I probably just need to clear my cache and cookie stash to get it all fixed but I am a bit lazy happy.gif

Has anyone else experienced that problem? It's just a small annoying nuisance but still, would be interested to find out if others have that problem or not.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

You can find me here on FF.net.

Each topic brought to you with at least 1 spelling error.

#2 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 07 February 2009 - 03:53 PM

I have the same problem both here at H&E and with Yahoo mail. As much as I love Firefox, it's *highly* irritating having to re-login *every* time that I open my browser dry.gif

#3 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 07 February 2009 - 03:58 PM

That's why you use Google™ Chrome!

#4 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (Kurosaki Ichigo @ Feb 7 2009, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's why you use Google™ Chrome!

What makes it any different or better than the other browsers? I'm willing to do a trial run if the specs really are any better than Firefox's.

#5 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:10 PM

Donno where to find specs, why not just install it? It's like 8.43 MB and takes a minute.
Better to take stuff for a drive, than to just look at "specs" in my opinion.

#6 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (Hefster @ Feb 7 2009, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yo, this isn't really a need of help but more a question to those that use Firefox.

Somehow, the H&E cookies to stay logged in do not stick with Firefox. I know I probably just need to clear my cache and cookie stash to get it all fixed but I am a bit lazy happy.gif

Has anyone else experienced that problem? It's just a small annoying nuisance but still, would be interested to find out if others have that problem or not.

Oh, and I found a possible solution here:

http://forums.mozill...h...38&t=905325

Here's how to find the 'Profile Folder' mentioned:

http://kb.mozillazin..._profile_folder

And here is an interesting addon that I came across while looking all this stuff up happy.gif

https://addons.mozil...efox/addon/2324

QUOTE (Kurosaki Ichigo @ Feb 7 2009, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Donno where to find specs, why not just install it? It's like 8.43 MB and takes a minute.
Better to take stuff for a drive, than to just look at "specs" in my opinion.

Your opinion would have been good enough as 'specs'. You must can explain why you say to use Google Chrome over any other browser.

And I have things set up with Firefox to my exact preferences, and have several Firefox-specific addons and programs installed, that I don't want to lose and have to re-install if Google Chrome doesn't live up to all the 'hype' that I hear about it, hence why I asked why you thought we should switch to Google Chrome.

#7 Hefster

Hefster

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:42 PM

Oh Sakura Blossoms, you have been a busy bee. I am looking at those links right now.

That Addon you found sounds nifty but I know it's one I don't need. I never have Windows problems *knocks on wood*

On the matter of Google Chrome, it was deemed very unsafe considering that it gathers your browsing history and uploads them to the Google servers. Fun times smile.gif
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

#8 Jin

Jin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:26 PM

I use Firefox and the only time I have to log back in is when I clear my history.

#9 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:27 PM

Strange... I don't seem to have that problem... except when I modified my preferences to delete cookies every session, but then I got annoyed with having to re-log in to everything so now I leave it at the default settings. I hardly need to log in to anything except for occasionally when imeem decides it wants me to log in. It's not your settings is it? Or is the solution in one of those links that Sakura-jie posted?

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#10 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:24 AM

Have you guys refreshed it? My homepage is narusaku.com and it has that log in pink bar on top, but usually, I click on a topic or refresh it then it shows I'm logged in.

#11 Kitsune-Arashi

Kitsune-Arashi

Kitsune-God

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Movies, Anime, Martial Arts,Games, and hanging out with my friends

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:03 AM

that only happens to me when i clear my private data but otherwise im fine
"I got lost on the road of life"
-Hatake Kakashi

Image by YumeChan23 (http://yumechan23.deviantart.com/)

#12 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:45 PM

No issues here. I've been coming here since FF 2.0, now it's FF 3.0something and it's still workin like a charm.

#13 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:32 PM

I use Opera, but I do have Firefox as a backup, and I've never experienced this problem with firefox. I had this problem with Opera, but I pm'ed smiter, and he helped me fix it easily and it was only a small tweak in the opera cp... We should totally write our own browser!! lol... but seriously, we should. Get to coding nerd herd, we need this!

#14 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Feb 9 2009, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I use Opera, but I do have Firefox as a backup, and I've never experienced this problem with firefox. I had this problem with Opera, but I pm'ed smiter, and he helped me fix it easily and it was only a small tweak in the opera cp... We should totally write our own browser!! lol... but seriously, we should. Get to coding nerd herd, we need this!

LOL!!! 111189.gif You got one crazy idea, Vyse! But that's alot of work to make that happen...

But anyways, I still use IE for here and I'm having the cookie issue of relogining in when I either close the tab or left the site to go to another. The only way I see if I relogin in is when I refresh or click on the links.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#15 Hefster

Hefster

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:54 PM

You know, deep down in one of my darkest pits of what i call my mind, I seem to remember something about reading that there are cookie problems when you're login name differs from your display name... it makes no sense but that's what i seem to remember. Beats me.
- Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users