• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#21 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (Nawheetos @ Aug 10 2011, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's not Indian dude. West Indies = Caribbean :/

The article said he was Indian. So sue me, Mr. Whine.

#22 Nawheetos

Nawheetos

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:03 PM

It says 'West Indian' Mr Charmer wink.gif

#23 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (Nawheetos @ Aug 10 2011, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It says 'West Indian' Mr Charmer wink.gif

I'm talking about another article. Cry about it on your livejournal, kthx.

#24 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:51 PM

Out of all my time in the internet...i certanly have not met someone as angry or as moody as Kamina...seeesh.

Okay back on topic

London's gone nuts, that's the topic...why are we talking about India?

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#25 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:23 PM

Cool it with the sarcastic name-calling, Kamina. Stay out of the thread if you can't remain cordial. Only warning about this.

#26 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Aug 10 2011, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool it with the sarcastic name-calling, Kamina. Stay out of the thread if you can't remain cordial. Only warning about this.

That's nice; he starts it, I bring it, I get in trouble. How mature.

Anyways, the Prime Minister is coming back from holiday, so we'll see how effective democratically-elected officials will be. And, by that, I mean how fast the rioting will increase.

#27 Nawheetos

Nawheetos

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:39 AM

...wow.

Anyway. Watching MPs debate with the sound off is hilarious. Every now and then they all stand up and sit down again. I wish they would all swap seats when they did. Hope they come up with some sensible ideas but won't be surprised if they don't...

Glad things didn't kick off in Brum last night, with those three guys killed it seemed like it might escalate into race riots, but much respect to Tariq Jahan for urging people to keep the peace. It's reassuring to see everyone uniting against the minority of losers who were doing this, helping with the clean-up etc. Hopefully it's pretty much over now.

#28 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Aug 11 2011, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's nice; he starts it, I bring it, I get in trouble. How mature.

Anyways, the Prime Minister is coming back from holiday, so we'll see how effective democratically-elected officials will be. And, by that, I mean how fast the rioting will increase.

All Nawheetos did was correct you, so there's no need to get your panties in a twist. So, cool it, OK?

I'm glad that it was all quiet last night, like Nawheetos, I was afraid that the murder of those three young men would make things even worse. Apparently, the police have already found and arrested a 32 year old man. If he's the one who killed them, I hope he gets thrown into jail for a VERY long time.

Talking about jail, a rioter was sentenced to one day in jail. Because he had already been in custody for that amount of time, he walked free. It's soft courts like this that are letting the police and the public down. No wonder many police officers have so little faith in the justice system, when they keep arresting people and those people keep walking free. sleep.gif; At least it sounds like most of the courts are taking a hard line.

It's been mind-boggling to read about some of the people involved in the rioting. They had careers of their own. There was an estate agent, a dancer, a graphic designer, and even students well into engineering and accountancy courses. What on earth were they thinking? They can pretty much kiss goodbye to their jobs once their employers get wind of what happened. The students are also in danger of expulsion from their courses, which will mean all their work was for nothing.

Hopefully, the riots are all over now, but I don't think we can relax unless we get through this weekend without any trouble. We've got some major football matches in London, so it's a real worry that trouble will flare up again with all those crowds.

#29 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:15 AM

I saw a video of a teen getting mugged after getting a broken jaw. The crowd helped him up and two people proceeded to rob him.

It's disgusting. My faith in humanity has gone down, all that for a teenager's PSP. And nobody helped him, they just stood and watched... at least Sony Europe is sending the kid some care packages. I dare rioters to even march within one step of my house if it happens in Canada. I'd beat their heads in with a bat.

#30 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:27 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Aug 12 2011, 08:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw a video of a teen getting mugged after getting a broken jaw. The crowd helped him up and two people proceeded to rob him.

It's disgusting. My faith in humanity has gone down, all that for a teenager's PSP. And nobody helped him, they just stood and watched... at least Sony Europe is sending the kid some care packages. I dare rioters to even march within one step of my house if it happens in Canada. I'd beat their heads in with a bat.

Don't lose hope in humanity just yet.

Tariq Jahan's message

Recently he lost his son who got run down by a car while guarding a petrol station from looters. I have the utmost respect for this person who has the patience to do this right after losing his own child. After his message you can see some people still won't learn and started to cause a scene again prompting Tariq to repeat his message again. We need more people like him in this world but unfortunately they are a rare breed.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#31 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:59 AM

That's really sad... Man, the world is just so messed up...

@Cloud. A bat is too gentle, pull out a gun and see if they wanna start kitten.

#32 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Aug 12 2011, 07:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ Aug 12 2011, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's really sad... Man, the world is just so messed up...

@Cloud. A bat is too gentle, pull out a gun and see if they wanna start kitten.

As for me, I've got a Bokken (Japanese wooden sword) handy just in case. Y'know, the scenes of the London Riots remind me of the May '98 incident here, it truly was 2-3 days of hell for the victims. And what's worse, there weren't just looting, there were also mass rapes as well. An estimated 100 women were raped during those days of hell.

So Smiter, if you think London's got it bad, we were worse. But one good thing is, we managed to put it behind us and come out stronger as a nation. Which I'm sure you Brits will be able to as well.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#33 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:16 PM

^^ Well, it all goes back to the phrase, "what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger" right? I mean after the initial fallout of the riots, at that point, the government, there, might be in panic on how to react to this, but I'm sure in like a month after the riot ended, the tension would be dialed down a lot and they can rebuild and grow from there.

Edited by anguyen92, 12 August 2011 - 05:16 PM.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#34 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

Cute and Fuzzy. Deadly too.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:08 PM

What bothers me is that this is going on in the Nation which has a reputation for extremely tight security. That means that this could easily happen somewhere else, so what are we going to do about it? I know dang sure that I don't want my house burned down and I'm pretty sure no one else does either.

#35 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (TheBerserkMoogle @ Aug 12 2011, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What bothers me is that this is going on in the Nation which has a reputation for extremely tight security. That means that this could easily happen somewhere else, so what are we going to do about it? I know dang sure that I don't want my house burned down and I'm pretty sure no one else does either.

Really, i think this has mostly to do with the scandal that has hit the media in the UK as well as the budget cuts. But this is what happens when you make generations addicted to the gifts of government without the taxes to back it up.

Edited by Strangelove, 13 August 2011 - 12:07 AM.

#36 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 12:24 AM

No offense to you, Smiter.

But I think the UK government needs to nut up. None of this "OMG THIS IS POLICE BRUTALITY." BS. Use force if you have to, you break somebody's jaw, the riot cops knock your ass down with a shield.

#37 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Aug 13 2011, 12:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No offense to you, Smiter.

But I think the UK government needs to nut up. None of this "OMG THIS IS POLICE BRUTALITY." BS. Use force if you have to, you break somebody's jaw, the riot cops knock your ass down with a shield.

Why did that image of HBO's Rome when Pullo beheaded a gladiator's head with a shield came to my mind when i read your comment.

Edited by Strangelove, 13 August 2011 - 12:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users