#41 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 03:20 AM

I do not regret

I liked the series (long time ago) and had fun with my friends because of it, shipping NS was a great experience too since I got to read many awesome fanfics

And thanks to it I met up with this amazing forum, people here are awesome so I def. don't regret that

The series is already out of my system (most part of it) so looking back I will try to remember only the times I had fun because of it, not disgust

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#42 Michi

Michi

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:28 PM

I regret being a hardcore fan for so long.

& how much time I wasted spending time on reading naruto crap instead of focusing on other more important factors (uuuh...like school lmfaooo)

Oh. & how my expectations were waaaay too high on this ending. :zaru:

aeb83504-2ae7-426f-b3d0-4fb11dcfd84b_zps

pfeffersteak.tumblr.com

#43 Change

Change

somebody who never wins

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts
  • Interests:Peace
    Curl up, take a nap, and never wake up

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:29 PM

I think I just regret being an anime/manga fan in general 

Posted Image

#44 Advaith

Advaith

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:37 PM

This

Same goes for me.

#45 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:00 PM

Can't regret being a fan of Naruto bc most of us never saw this coming. Everything we saw story and plotwise pointed towards the opposite. But in terms of supporting Naruto I refuse. I regret the message it sends to younger fans who believe that Naruto is a hero. I regret the message it sends to both boys and girls about what love is and what you should look for in a partner. That looks and sexuality takes precedence over actually getting to know someone. That if you want someone to like you, shower them with gifts such as scarves and if they reject your gifts than obviously they hate you. 

I regret the message that it sends about redemption, forgiveness, and good and evil. That you can commit murder, domestic violence, etc. That you can betray your friends and recieve no consequences as long as you are sorry or you had a rough childhood or a "Curse of Hatred" :facepalm:

But most of all I regret the message it sends to people about aspirations and dreams. Don't achieve Hokage because of hard work, effort, and success, just make friends with the current Hokage and have the title handed down to you whenever he gets bored. Don't try to become this great doctor or warrior if you are a woman, the best you can do is run a flower shop. Your place is as a babymaker in the kitchen cleaning the house.

Naruto will always be a series that I enjoy. Specifically Part 1-Land of Iron Arc. It was a series that dared greatly. It contained a colorful cast of characters. Sasuke, the antihero/rival who started off as imo the real hero but slowly traveled down a dark path which forced him to choose between friendship and revenge. Sakura, the "load" of the group who had true potential and dared to match her male protagonist friends impressing myself along the way. Kakashi the greatest mentor of all time and the epitomy of cool, the only character who kept his dignity throughout the series. Finally, Naruto, the Hero who dared to reach the stars but instead failed to even grasp the moon. 

Edited by Shadow1275, 14 March 2015 - 06:01 PM.

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#46 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:27 PM

This

Same goes for me.

Y'know the world of anime/manga is not only Naruto

Naruto became crap but even when it was "okay" there was still THOUSAND of better series out there 

#47 Change

Change

somebody who never wins

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:46 PM

Y'know the world of anime/manga is not only Naruto

Naruto became crap but even when it was "okay" there was still THOUSAND of better series out there 

I know, but I just don't like it anymore(except for OP and it's only because of one thing) 

After this went sour, everything seems sour for me 

Posted Image

#48 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:51 AM

I know, but I just don't like it anymore(except for OP and it's only because of one thing) 

You really should venture yourself in other series, there are still a lot of hiddens gems

#49 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 15 March 2015 - 04:02 AM

I know, but I just don't like it anymore(except for OP and it's only because of one thing

What's that one thing?

No one can force you of course to read other series, but just keep in mind that there are always mangas and animes waiting for you out there better than this craptastic work called N-A-R-U-T-O. You just have to get over that trust issue phase. Once you start other mangas, I'm sure you'll forget that bad taste Naruto has left in your mouth.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#50 Change

Change

somebody who never wins

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 02:45 PM

You really should venture yourself in other series, there are still a lot of hiddens gems

I did before this kitten happened

I was reading kill la kill, hxh, magi, Jo Jo's  Bizzare Adventures, Bleach, and was about to read SnK and TG(I tried TG like 3 weeks ago an I didn't gain any interest) 

What's that one thing?

No one can force you of course to read other series, but just keep in mind that there are always mangas and animes waiting for you out there better than this craptastic work called N-A-R-U-T-O. You just have to get over that trust issue phase. Once you start other mangas, I'm sure you'll forget that bad taste Naruto has left in your mouth.

Oh the revolutionary army, I love absolutely love the revolutionary army 

I know they're are better mangas out there and I knew it even when I was reading Naruto. And it's not trust issues, I don't think there's any author that's worse than Kishimoto at this point.  It's just that every time I try to attempt to read something it triggers the pain. The worst part of it is that I'll never forget. 

Posted Image

#51 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 05:36 PM

I did before this kitten happened
I was reading kill la kill, hxh, magi, Jo Jo's  Bizzare Adventures, Bleach, and was about to read SnK and TG(I tried TG like 3 weeks ago an I didn't gain any interest) 
Oh the revolutionary army, I love absolutely love the revolutionary army 
I know they're are better mangas out there and I knew it even when I was reading Naruto. And it's not trust issues, I don't think there's any author that's worse than Kishimoto at this point.  It's just that every time I try to attempt to read something it triggers the pain. The worst part of it is that I'll never forget. 

For TG you need to keep reading till the halfway part at least that's were the kitten goes down

The beginning feels really slow to some people

#52 SasuIno.NaruSaku

SasuIno.NaruSaku

Lord Sasuke

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Watxh Anime , Hanging Out w Friends , Basketball Ballislife and Please Follow Me On Instagram @fabulous.sasuke.uchiha if you have Naruto, MultiFandom or Anime Accounts on Instagram in General.

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:13 PM

Yes and No . There's plenty of things I actually enjoyed . There's also things I'd disliked . What I really liked was Sasuke's development in the beginning of part II , Itachi's development was another one . What I mainly didn't like was Hinata still having feelings for a guy that ignored her more than half her life . Sakura still loving a guy who rejected , belittled , and attempted to kill her multiple times . Personally I'd prefer Sasuke either alone like Jiraiya , dead or with Ino . SasuSaku disgusts me , Same with NaruHina no development love only needs to be one-sided and 5 minutes of a genjustu . 

#53 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:48 PM

I don't believe I regret it, it would be like asking if I regret putting over 400 hours into the Mass Effect series, which I don't.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#54 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:45 PM

Well there is ONE other thing I regret. Allowing my self to be deluded that things will get better when that clearly wasn't the case. I could see all the retcons and poorly written excuses gone throughout the war arc and flimsy origin stories, but I held out on judgment cause I was hoping that At least through all the B***S*** we would at least get a worthwhile ending. Now I want to shoot myself for believing in that as well. It's like saying that you suffered through sheer torture for NOTHING :twitch:

Edited by Phantom_999, 21 March 2015 - 01:46 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#55 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:00 PM

Well there is ONE other thing I regret. Allowing my self to be deluded that things will get better when that clearly wasn't the case. I could see all the retcons and poorly written excuses gone throughout the war arc and flimsy origin stories, but I held out on judgment cause I was hoping that At least through all the B***S*** we would at least get a worthwhile ending. Now I want to shoot myself for believing in that as well. It's like saying that you suffered through sheer torture for NOTHING :twitch:

Ah yeah, I know many people who chose to ignore the obvious flaws, I held it in there till the beginning of war arc when I just didn't had the drive to keep reading anymore, my friends who used to accompany Naruto with me had all stopped after the Pein arc the blatant plot holes, and unecessary drama, asspulls were too much for them.

#56 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:34 AM

Me, I'm just too trusting, I guess. I'm the kind of person who always, always gives the benefit of the doubt and is the last to assume the worst. So I could not have seen this ending coming no matter how obvious it may or may not have been. It wasn't obvious to me, and the ending still doesn't make sense.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users