#7521 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Dec 30 2012, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
huh.gif Um, that's a rather extreme view.

I think SS is more of the fairytale relationship of the series. Like Beauty and the Beast. And if you ship SS, then you have faith that Sasuke will return from the dark side, and you believe that Sakura will be the biggest part of his redemption.
Didn't know that those kind of fairytales supported abusive relationships. Well I haven't watched them in awhile so I could be wrong. Also what could Sakura do? We've already seen that she literally has no effect on him. Only Naruto does. Sakura will not play any role in his redemption. That space is reserved for Naruto and only Naruto. If Itachi couldn't stop him, what makes you think Sakura will?

Beside, so what if he tried to kill her — Kishimoto has shown that in this manga that even someone like Itachi, who massacred his entire clan including elderly and children, can be redeemed. So if you support Sasuke, then it stands to reason that you can also hope that Sasuke will be redeemed of his feeble attempt on Sakura's life. Sasuke could know more information on Tobi and have to play his part (like Itachi in Akatsuki). Or Sasuke may have seen Naruto coming and known Naruto would save her.
This is highly incorrect. You cannot compare Itachi and Sasuke's situation. Itachi killed his clan because he needed to. They would have caused war and killed innocent people. Also from what Itachi said, Sasuke seems to be the only child there. While Sasuke killed Sakura who literally has nothing to do with why he's messed up in the first place. Before you say that Sakura tried to kill him first, unless Sasuke can now read minds then that argument is invalid. Sakura was only thinking about killing him. Not actually trying to do it. Sasuke had no intention of letting Sakura go with him.

As for the bolded. No, that makes no sense. It really doesn't. xD Sasuke cannot sense chakra. He had no way of knowing that either Kakashi or Naruto were going to come to save Sakura from him. Had they not jumped in, Sakura would be dead. Case closed. He was even going to kill them before he found out about the truth of Itachi had Orochimaru not stopped him. There is literally no way you can excuse Sasuke trying to kill Sakura. I've tried to find a way and I can only think of jokes out of it.

At any rate, I look more kindly on SS than I do NH, simply because for that to work both Sakura and Sasuke will have to go through massive character development to get to the point where they can be equal partners. (Sakura already has, but she's done it for both originally, and now for Naruto (because I'm a NS-er!) laugh.gif ) For NH, there is no need for character development. Naruto just has to keep on being himself, and Hinata is his prize. There is no need for them to transform their roles for them to be togther. I hope this makes sense? laugh.gif

The only character development that Sakura will get from SS is negative development and it's already happening. Hence why SS is bad for Sakura. Sasuke is her kryptonite. Whenever he is in the picture, Sakura looks pathetic.

#7522 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE (HalfStarStudios @ Dec 30 2012, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Didn't know that those kind of fairytales supported abusive relationships. Well I haven't watched them in awhile so I could be wrong. Also what could Sakura do? We've already seen that she literally has no effect on him. Only Naruto does. Sakura will not play any role in his redemption. That space is reserved for Naruto and only Naruto. If Itachi couldn't stop him, what makes you think Sakura will?

This is highly incorrect. You cannot compare Itachi and Sasuke's situation. Itachi killed his clan because he needed to. They would have caused war and killed innocent people. Also from what Itachi said, Sasuke seems to be the only child there. While Sasuke killed Sakura who literally has nothing to do with why he's messed up in the first place. Before you say that Sakura tried to kill him first, unless Sasuke can now read minds then that argument is invalid. Sakura was only thinking about killing him. Not actually trying to do it. Sasuke had no intention of letting Sakura go with him.

As for the bolded. No, that makes no sense. It really doesn't. xD Sasuke cannot sense chakra. He had no way of knowing that either Kakashi or Naruto were going to come to save Sakura from him. Had they not jumped in, Sakura would be dead. Case closed. He was even going to kill them before he found out about the truth of Itachi had Orochimaru not stopped him. There is literally no way you can excuse Sasuke trying to kill Sakura. I've tried to find a way and I can only think of jokes out of it.

The only character development that Sakura will get from SS is negative development and it's already happening. Hence why SS is bad for Sakura. Sasuke is her kryptonite. Whenever he is in the picture, Sakura looks pathetic.

I thought i was the only one who get that scene.
Inside she really didnt knew what she really wanted to.
Sakura looks pathetic and submisse when it regards to Sasuke, that why i prefer Ns when she can be herself.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#7523 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Dec 30 2012, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought i was the only one who get that scene.
Inside she really didnt knew what she really wanted to.
Sakura looks pathetic and submisse when it regards to Sasuke, that why i prefer Ns when she can be herself.

Exactly.

#7524 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Dec 30 2012, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think SS is more of the fairytale relationship of the series. Like Beauty and the Beast. And if you ship SS, then you have faith that Sasuke will return from the dark side, and you believe that Sakura will be the biggest part of his redemption.

Beside, so what if he tried to kill her — Kishimoto has shown that in this manga that even someone like Itachi, who massacred his entire clan including elderly and children, can be redeemed. So if you support Sasuke, then it stands to reason that you can also hope that Sasuke will be redeemed of his feeble attempt on Sakura's life. Sasuke could know more information on Tobi and have to play his part (like Itachi in Akatsuki). Or Sasuke may have seen Naruto coming and known Naruto would save her.

At any rate, I look more kindly on SS than I do NH, simply because for that to work both Sakura and Sasuke will have to go through massive character development to get to the point where they can be equal partners. (Sakura already has, but she's done it for both originally, and now for Naruto (because I'm a NS-er!) laugh.gif ) For NH, there is no need for character development. Naruto just has to keep on being himself, and Hinata is his prize. There is no need for them to transform their roles for them to be togther. I hope this makes sense? laugh.gif

Uh... I know you view it like that, tricksie, but I couldn't never, ever picture SasuSaku as a fairytale relationship like Beauty and the Beast. And I love the Disney version of it, my 3rd favorite behind The Lion King and Aladdin. I liked the Beast's character as he was once a selfish and rude prince before his transformation, but the moment he saw Belle, he was starting to have butterfly moments: talking about her beautiful she was and how she stood up towards him selfishless when she wants her father's freedom in exchange of her being a prisoner in the castle. He was falling in love with her. Although he did his moments, raging at her for leave his room when she saw the enchanted rose, but he managed to redeemed their relationship when he saved her from the wolf pack.

This is a huge contrast to Sasuke because he hasn't (and never will) fell in love with Sakura. Not to mention, he was about to kill her, how many times, with no remorse for that matter. And plus Sakura was on high-fangirl mode back in part 1 while thinking that she's in "love" with him from then towards now. Compare her towards Belle while they have similar qualities, Belle didn't hesitate to speak her mind and at first, she didn't want anything to do with the Beast when they first met.

I'm sorry, but I cannot fathom the thought of this comparison.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#7525 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

About Itachi, he was always good but caught in the worst time. The last flashback proves it all. You can tell that Itachi was hurt every second when his father was talking to him. I felt bad for him more than Sasuke because he asked for reality check. He spent so long on killing his brother. Once he did and then learn the truth, he felt completely stupid and despair. That's why he didn't want to believe Tobi's story that Itachi has always been good. Revenge is always wrong when you don't know the truth.

#7526 Zatheko

Zatheko

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Writing, MMO's, Games

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Dec 30 2012, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But in my opinion for sasuke to get enough development THIS late in the manga to start showing feelings for sakura would just completely sudden and just wouldn't make sense to me, and I like to stand by my point of SS being abusive because murder attempts are still murder attempts.

And as someone stated above itachi did what he had to do and in the end it probably saved more lives then it cost, sasuke killing sakura would have served no purpose to sasuke, he just tried to do it because she was in the way nothing more nothing less, he literally has no soul.

Edited by zatheko, 30 December 2012 - 09:19 PM.

#7527 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

My problem with SasuSaku is not that he tried to kill Sakura. It's that he treated her like kitten ever since he met her, and just weakens her character. The opposite of what Naruto is doing. One glare from Sasuke hurts her, one smile from Naruto makes her happy. If he gets redeemed and forgiven, what is the difference of just a friendship with Sakura and actual romance? Except that they'll sleep in the same bed and be a little more intimate, but I would trust my friends just as much as I would trust my boyfriend. If people are okay with Sakura being friends with Sasuke, killing attempts shouldn't hinder them to be romantically involved with eachother. The bolded is why I don't like SasuSaku, it's just sick.gif He wasn't even nice to her when he was.."nice" XD

ナルサク

#7528 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

@derock — it's more like I can see how an SS person can hold out hope. It's not truly like Beauty and the Beast with reciprocated feelings, but I think those who truly ship thos bad boy relationships (in all works) hold out hope that the girl will be the one to reach him. So maybe if you ship SS you are more likely to ship those beauty and the beast tropes?

@narusaku4life — I think I disagree with a lot of folks on here in that I don't care for Itachi. He's a mass murderer. He may have done it for a good cause, but to me he's still a mass murderer and psychological torturer of Sasuke. Itachi's pain doesn't wipe away the pain he caused others. No worries, though. I think most people take a more sympathetic view of him than I do. This relates to my thoughts on Sasuke because if Itachi was able to be redeemed from that horrific crime of exterminating his whole clan, then I have no doubt Kishimoto would be able to find a way to redeem Sasuke of his almost crime, if he decided to make SS canon. (Which he won't, of course.)

@half-start — lol, I think you're arguing with the wrong person! I'm not for SS in any way, shape or form. I'm just saying that if someone is a diehard SS shipper, that there have been waaaay worse things that have happened in the manga that Kishimoto has written an explanation for and the audience has accepted it. If this was truly to be his end pairing, then I have no doubt he'd find a way to redeem Sasuke and make it palatable. Just as he did for Itachi, Pain, even Sasori, Kisame, and Deidara to some extents. Kishimoto really delights in writing sympathetic backstories for heinous criminals. So if SS were to become reality, then I have no doubt a sympathetic backstory for Sasuke would be produced as well. Because Sasuke is small potatoes compared to those guys.

Anyway, I'm not for SS. I'm just saying that if someone wants to ship SS, then it doesn't automatically equate to the poster to accepting or approving of abusive relationships as was stated in the post I originally replied to.

edit: and srsly, if you think I ship anything other than NS...then let me direct you to my fanfics. laugh.gif

#7529 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Dec 30 2012, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This.

Orochimaru was too deep into the darkness, Jiraiya has failed that. He has been a failure (no harsh tone) for the rest of his life. That's why it was always tragic to see him going down by Pain. The worst part is that his life could have turn around starting with Tsunade giving him a chance after he's done, but he never return. I don't want Naruto to get this at all. If he takes shortcut, I will be heavily disappointed in him. Naruto is already what Jiraiya should have been character, so why break it.

I do not think he will take shortcut. He said that to Konohamaru, but do you think that Hinata is part of that shortcut?

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#7530 Zatheko

Zatheko

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Writing, MMO's, Games

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (Liu bie @ Dec 30 2012, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do not think he will take shortcut. He said that to Konohamaru, but do you think that Hinata is part of that shortcut?

I see Naruto going to Hinata as a shortcut, it goes against his character as well, he doesn't give up and and doesn't take the easy route, but him being with Hinata WILL be him giving up on Sakura and taking the easy way out to be with the girl he coulda had at ANY time.

Edited by zatheko, 30 December 2012 - 09:35 PM.

#7531 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Dec 30 2012, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@narusaku4life — I think I disagree with a lot of folks on here in that I don't care for Itachi. He's a mass murderer. He may have done it for a good cause, but to me he's still a mass murderer and psychological torturer of Sasuke. Itachi's pain doesn't wipe away the pain he caused others. No worries, though. I think most people take a more sympathetic view of him than I do. This relates to my thoughts on Sasuke because if Itachi was able to be redeemed from that horrific crime of exterminating his whole clan, then I have no doubt Kishimoto would be able to find a way to redeem Sasuke of his almost crime, if he decided to make SS canon. (Which he won't, of course.)

edit: and srsly, if you think I ship anything other than NS...then let me direct you to my fanfics. laugh.gif

So we agree to disagree then, he wear the mask of a muderer, to Sasuke because he didnt wanted to sasuke pursue revenge on the village so he weat the mask of madman to him, he was wrong here but he's completely different than SAsuke because he was a hero, you may view him as a mass murderer but he was a hero.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#7532 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

Huh.... never thought of it that way.... Hinata does seem like a shortcut.

Posted Image

Sig made by me though. XD

Check out my father and son Minato and Naruto group on FF.net
http://www.fanfictio..._No_Yaoi/74936/

#7533 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Dec 30 2012, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@derock — it's more like I can see how an SS person can hold out hope. It's not truly like Beauty and the Beast with reciprocated feelings, but I think those who truly ship thos bad boy relationships (in all works) hold out hope that the girl will be the one to reach him. So maybe if you ship SS you are more likely to ship those beauty and the beast tropes?

I don't know how. But then again, I don't ship bad boy relationships (unless that specific person is the main star of his show and has some qualities that are appealing to me so that he's likable).

But as many of us said, in order for a relationship to work, it takes 2 to tangle. And on Sasuke's end, its like a steel wall on his end so no romance going back from him, no matter how Sakura tries. I don't see how SasuSaku works when he's not returning anything to her. Not to mention the fact, trying to murder her too.

And for that matter, Beauty and the Beast isn't on the same type of category since the Beast doesn't have that "bad boy" image nor he has the qualities to back them up to be that image.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#7534 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

I understand some have different opinions on Itachi, so agree to disagree. To me, I felt bad, especially that he teared that Sasuke has become his enemy. I can see why as well. Itachi literally abandoned all bonds. Naruto gave him hopes that life will be better as well as replacing Itachi as the brother he wanted to be or rather stay before massacre.

QUOTE (kirabook @ Dec 30 2012, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Huh.... never thought of it that way.... Hinata does seem like a shortcut.

It really does. As much as forgetting about Sasuke and let everyone do the work which is to hunt and kill.

#7535 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Dec 30 2012, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@half-start — lol, I think you're arguing with the wrong person! I'm not for SS in any way, shape or form. I'm just saying that if someone is a diehard SS shipper, that there have been waaaay worse things that have happened in the manga that Kishimoto has written an explanation for and the audience has accepted it. If this was truly to be his end pairing, then I have no doubt he'd find a way to redeem Sasuke and make it palatable. Just as he did for Itachi, Pain, even Sasori, Kisame, and Deidara to some extents. Kishimoto really delights in writing sympathetic backstories for heinous criminals. So if SS were to become reality, then I have no doubt a sympathetic backstory for Sasuke would be produced as well. Because Sasuke is small potatoes compared to those guys..

Lol! I know you aren't a SasuSaku fan. xD Well I can't really argue against that because even I know that Sasuke will get redeemed and go back to the village like nothing happened. Though you're wrong about one thing. Sasuke is not small potatoes compared to them. Sasuke has done worse things than Kisame, Deidara and Itachi. Yes, even more so than Itachi who killed because he had to in order to save innocents lives. Though he has also done good things, not for the sake of being good though.

#7536 Arachnia

Arachnia

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

BTW guys where the japanese people happy about the events of RTN movie because too me it feels that was more like a test too see what the people would think about the NS plan or something

#7537 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (Arachnia @ Dec 30 2012, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BTW guys where the japanese people happy about the events of RTN movie because too me it feels that was more like a test too see what the people would think about the NS plan or something

There are really good ones. One said that Kishi was serious about NS. I believe majority of them were happy and said it was the best one yet and advise to bring Kleenex (laugh.gif). Also, a lot of them gave a great rep on Sakura, very heroine like and such. We even have SS fan liking NS and admitted that they are parallel with MinaKushi. Seems like we are not alone at all. The funny one were the ones by Sasuke fans. Funny feedback because of very short air time.

#7538 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

my post was totally ignored zomg.gif XDD

ナルサク

#7539 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (sushi. @ Dec 30 2012, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my post was totally ignored zomg.gif XDD

Lol sorry. What post was it? I can't find it, at least I think I can't.

#7540 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Dec 30 2012, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol sorry. What post was it? I can't find it, at least I think I can't.

It's about the SS thing. tongue.gif

But we're on another topic now, aren't we? It is on last page btw, so I don't get why you didn't find it. mellow.gif

ナルサク

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users