#21 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:46 AM

These three are available for PC, though FFXI is an MMO. Also you can get a PSX emulator for FFV, FFVI, and FFIX.

#22 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:01 AM

The 360 box art cover has been revealed.

Honestly I don't think this is the final cover as of yet, just a sort of 'place holder' for online stores. They'll have to do something a bit more to capture the interest of western audiences since Final Fantasy isn't as huge compared to Japan and they can't use the traditional white background + logo. Something along the lines of FFX (my favorite cover) would be great.

#23 Silverback1138

Silverback1138

Gamer, Geek, Otaku

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Anime, Guitars

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:09 AM

This is old, but this is the first time I've seen this. Sorry if someone already posted it.

Is this proven fake? Honestly, I will be the first to say I'm a nerd or geek or otaku or whatever. It's who I am, but this video...wow....Honestly wow.

#24 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:55 PM

Oh hey, FFXIII is being ripped apart already?

Also it has 30 hours of cutscenes and 9 hours of gameplay.

Sorry for bumping an old thread but better off then making a new one, amirite?

#25 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:32 PM

^ Psh, I'm not even gonna bother to read that or any other person's 'opinion' articles. The only person's opinion that counts is my own, and since I am *definitely* going to get the game no matter what, I'm not going to let a bunch of naysayers try to put a damper on my gameplay fun. If I play the game and I notice anything I don't really like then that's fine, at least it will be *me* discovering it and not some random person *telling* me what I should and should not like/enjoy.

#26 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:02 PM

Don't know if we have a separate thread for 14, but beta sign ups are available on their main page. It's probably been up there for a while now, but eh....

#27 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:46 PM

In his defense, he did write about 10 thing he loved about FFXIII. I myself check reviews, since games cost $60 a pop and I want to make sure that I don't waste my cash on crappy games. However, that doesn't mean I'll agree with the reviewer's opinion. Ultimately I'll find out for myself if it's any good when the game releases. Though to be honest I've waited quite a while to play it so I'm probably gonna enjoy it a lot. tongue.gif

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Feb 17 2010, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't know if we have a separate thread for 14, but beta sign ups are available on their main page. It's probably been up there for a while now, but eh....

I hope the PS3 gets a Beta, I'm not a big fan of MMO's, so If I got a chance to play the Beta, I would know whether or not I'd like it.

#28 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:22 PM

It asks you if you want a PC or PS3 beta, so most likely they might ask you for some information if you were chosen for the beta....

#29 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Feb 17 2010, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It asks you if you want a PC or PS3 beta, so most likely they might ask you for some information if you were chosen for the beta....

I saw this at the fine print
* The current tester recruitment is for the Windows version of the FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Test only. Details regarding recruitment for the PlayStation 3 version will be released at a later date.

#30 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:31 PM

My friend got a newsletter on his email saying it's this summer/fall. He receives emails from a lot of sites.

#31 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:26 PM

Well GI mag gave it a 9.25 but they did say that the game was a little over hyped before it was released.

I'm not to happy about the leveling system similar to the annoying sphere grid from X.

Edited by Uzumakikage, 18 February 2010 - 02:55 PM.

#32 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Feb 18 2010, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well GI mag gave it a 9.25 but they did so that the game was a little over hyped before it was released.

I'm not to happy about the leveling system similar to the annoying sphere grid from X.

Over hyped? Not really.

It has a large following in Japan, its pretty regular advertising. I haven't seen any commercials here in Taiwan yet. If you want overhyped, tell Microsoft and their spamming of Halo ads and whatnot.

#33 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Feb 18 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Over hyped? Not really.

It has a large following in Japan, its pretty regular advertising. I haven't seen any commercials here in Taiwan yet. If you want overhyped, tell Microsoft and their spamming of Halo ads and whatnot.

I apologize I meant "say" when I put "so" down

Cloud, I didn't say that I was just quoting what the GI mag publisher said on the review.

Edited by Uzumakikage, 18 February 2010 - 02:57 PM.

#34 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:12 PM

Harumph, dungeon crawler, MGS4-wannabe FF? This is turning to a movie. I wonder if there's a skip button for the cutscenes.

I'll finish the game in six hours or less.

WAT UP.

#35 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:13 PM

Yeah right, Yaka. XD

I'm definitely picking up FFXIII at work next Tuesday. The only question that remains is... PS3 or 360? arg.gif

The PS3 version is on a single disc and has no compression, while the 360 is my favourite gaming console and it does have the Achievements. I haven't heard of any exclusive features/bonuses for either console, so I'll probably pick the PS3 version. I only have 4 games on the PS3, so maybe it could do with something new!

#36 Dash

Dash

Jetsetter

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Interests:Anime/manga, Music, Books, Animals (veterinary medicine), Scuba Diving

Posted 05 March 2010 - 01:28 AM

Too many games in a 2 week span...my poor wallet should be fun

QUOTE (Smiter @ Mar 5 2010, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah right, Yaka. XD

I'm definitely picking up FFXIII at work next Tuesday. The only question that remains is... PS3 or 360? arg.gif

The PS3 version is on a single disc and has no compression, while the 360 is my favourite gaming console and it does have the Achievements. I haven't heard of any exclusive features/bonuses for either console, so I'll probably pick the PS3 version. I only have 4 games on the PS3, so maybe it could do with something new!

Seems like pretty much identical game experiences on either console (graphical differences aside). There are a few "bonus features" for you on the PS3 version, though: unlockable xmb themes (6 of them - one for each character).

Nothing too exciting, but it's something smile.gif

#37 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 06 March 2010 - 04:52 AM

QUOTE (Dash @ Mar 5 2010, 01:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Too many games in a 2 week span...my poor wallet should be fun

Seems like pretty much identical game experiences on either console (graphical differences aside). There are a few "bonus features" for you on the PS3 version, though: unlockable xmb themes (6 of them - one for each character).

Nothing too exciting, but it's something smile.gif

Game rental FTW. wink.gif These days, I only buy games that will either take a long time to finish, and/or are something I really really want. After FFXIII, I've only got Just Cause 2 (end of March) and SSF4 (end of April) on my radar - the latter is a definite Day 1. Anything short/borderline goes on the game rental queue.

Thanks for the video. happy.gif Unlockable themes aren't a big thing on my list, but the option to change my XMB to something else is always nice. I did see a graphics comparison article for the 360/PS3 versions on Kotaku but, honestly, you need to peer through a magnifying glass to see the difference.

#38 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Mar 5 2010, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Game rental FTW. wink.gif These days, I only buy games that will either take a long time to finish, and/or are something I really really want. After FFXIII, I've only got Just Cause 2 (end of March) and SSF4 (end of April) on my radar - the latter is a definite Day 1. Anything short/borderline goes on the game rental queue.

Thanks for the video. happy.gif Unlockable themes aren't a big thing on my list, but the option to change my XMB to something else is always nice. I did see a graphics comparison article for the 360/PS3 versions on Kotaku but, honestly, you need to peer through a magnifying glass to see the difference.

Yeah I may get this game FFXIII later on when my wallet gets big enough but for now my eyes are on GOW3, SSF4, and Halo: Reach . I'm anxious see how good Smiter and Derock is, it may take me a while to get the kinks worked out. happy.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 06 March 2010 - 04:51 PM.

#39 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:06 PM

Gametrailers has a review. Anyway, I'm actually gonna ignore FFXIII and get God of War 3 first. Noises Off! production by my high school's drained me of 30 bucks. Once you guys get it, tell us what you think!

#40 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:11 AM

Yo sup dudes, being here in the future (Australia), I have FF13 biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users