• This topic is locked This topic is locked
477 replies to this topic

#41 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Video games, and band.

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:01 AM

I am so pumped for this. I reserved it last week. Special edition too. The only thing I'm worried about are the controls. See I play on an arcade stick and I'm a die hard Virtua Fighter 5 fan and that game only uses three buttons. So I thing I'm gonna be screwed the first time I play SFIV.
Spock it, lock it, rocket, explode it, reload it.

#42 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:42 PM

You play Virtua Fighter 5, too? happy.gif

I know what you mean. I'm still trying to get used to the Hori on SSF2THD. It's easy to use on VF5, but SF2 seems more sensitive, especially where circular movements are concerned. I keep leaping into the air when I don't mean to.

Story trailer was cool, it was great to see Dan and Sakura. biggrin.gif I wonder if Dan's fireball is any better these days?

#43 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:08 PM

While watching the intro... some of the characters' voices were ranging to good to YUCK! >_<

So far best ones were Seth, M. Bison (Vega), Cammy, Rose, Gen, Dhalsim and Fei-Long

Ranging average: Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, Guile, Sakura, Abel and some others that aren't on my bad list

But the bad list are: El Fuerte (that's WAY TOO MUCH Spanish Accent for my taste), Sagat (voice is bad, need the guy who played him in SFII Movie), Blanka (NO...), Dan (OH MY GOD! His Japanese voice IS WAY BETTER than that and he has deeper pitch not high like that), and Akuma (Nope don't like the pitch, prefer Japanese)

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#44 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:15 PM

Here are the Alternate Costumes:

Only costumes I like are Chun-Li (tribute to Mai from King of Fighters), Zangief (his new costume based on Haggar -remember him?- from Final Fight series), Guile (it's Charlie/Nash!), Fei-Long (Bruce Lee of course), Cammy (almost like her Alpha series costume), Vega (like it, fits his Spanish heritage) and Sakura (Ryu-like gi, yay!)

The others: some I can't really see because of the video's quality but some of them like Ryu, Akuma, Gouken, and Ken, not good ones.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#45 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:28 PM

Details on Alternate Costumes DLC!

http://kotaku.com/51...-more-expensive

QUOTE (Kotaku)

The upcoming issue of Famitsu magazine details the DLC for multi-platform title Street Fighter IV. So, which SFIV DLC is more expensive: Xbox 360 DLC or PS3 DLC? (Hint: read the post's title.)

According to Famitsu, the game's various costume DLC packs (pictured below) break down as such:

Muscle Arms Pack
Release: 2/12
PS3 Version: ¥400*
Xbox 360 Version: 320 Microsoft Points (¥473)

Beauty Pack
Release: 2/19
PS3 Version: ¥400

Shoryuken Pack
Release: 2/26

Shadaloo Pack
Release: 3/5

Classic Pack
Release: 3/12

All-in-Pack
Release: 4/30
PS3 Version: ¥1200
Xbox 360 Version: 1,000 Microsoft Points (¥1,480)

*¥100 = US$1.12

Scans of some alternate costumes:
Famitsu Magazine Scans --Click here to view--

I'm guessing that the "downloadable content" the Collector's Edition referred to is alternate costume DLC, but no idea which pack. If I were to buy DLC, I would most likely wait for the "All-in-Pack" as that sounds like it has everything and would be cheaper than buying the individual packs.

#46 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:51 PM

I could've figured that the costumes "all in one" pack will be over 800 Points. Great, more expensive stuff to get.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#47 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:35 PM

Yet more DLC from Capcom. tongue.gif At least the big one is FREE.

http://kotaku.com/51...y-downloadables
(Lots of screens of alternate costumes, but not everyone is shown).

QUOTE (Kotaku)
The Championship Mode Expansion Pack, which Capcom says will be out "post launch", will include a replay mode, two new points systems and an enhanced tournament matching system.

• Replay Mode – Record, upload, and download top matches to share with the Street Fighter IV community. Players can analyze top tiered fighters matches, leave voter feedback for others, and share their own triumphant victories.
• New Points System - Two new points systems to measure your skill (Championship and Tournament Points)
• Enhanced Tournament Matching System - Skill level matching system offers improved tournament match making for beginners and mid-level players. Competitors earn Grade Points (GP) to earn entry into more advanced tournaments.

Again, the Championship Mode expansion is FREE. I guess they left it out because they couldn't get it on the disc in time for launch.

It sounds like interesting stuff, especially the Replay Mode and Tournament Matching System. I like the idea of earning access to higher level tournaments, it gives you a sense of progress online.

EDIT: Oops, forgot to add this.
QUOTE (Kotaku)
The five alternate costume packs will be sold by theme for 320 Microsoft Points on the 360 or $4 on the Playstation 3 and will be released over the course of a month.

• 2/17 – Brawler Pack DLC Pack will include alternate costumes for: Zangeif, E.Honda, Rufus, El Furete, and Abel.
• 2/24 – Femme Fatale Pack will include alternate costumes for: Chun-Li, Cammy, Sakura, Rose, and C.Viper.
• 3/3/09 – Shoruken Pack will include alternate costumes for: Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Gouken, and Dan.
• 3/10/09 – Shadowloo Pack will include alternate costumes for: Seth, M.Bison, Sagat, Balrog, and Vega.
• 3/17/09 – Classic Pack will include alternate costumes for: Guile, Dhalsim, Fei-Long, Blanka, and Gen.

No mention of the All-in-Pack, but it should still come out, unless Microsoft/Sony/Capcom REALLY want to be spiteful to non-Japanese gamers. tongue.gif

#48 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:08 PM

Ooo!!! whatthekitten.gif

Nice additions! That makes me wanting the game NOW! even more wow.png

latest?cb=20140126021943

#49 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:31 PM

A friend of mine who lives in Japan got to play the game at the Jump Festa 2009 Street Fighter booth, where he had to win five consecutive fights to win a limited edition Street Fighter IV-cap, which he put up on eBay as soon as he got home. He told me the game looked and played great, so I will definitely buy this game when it is released over here. I'm a little bit surprised that Capcom is releaseing the PAL version so close to the NTSC edition of the game, but maybe they have figured out that we'll just import the game if they make us wait too long?

#50 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:35 PM

Well, the PAL situation has improved a lot in recent years. smile.gif Big companies like Capcom, Microsoft, etc. now know it makes perfect sense to have a game all ready for a global launch with translation/localisation carried out DURING development instead of at the end of it.

To think it was only a few years ago that we PAL gamers had to wait up to a year or so for a big game to be ported over! ESPECIALLY if it was a RPG. sleep.gif

Now that we only have to wait a month or two at most, importing isn't as necessary as it used to be. It made sense when games took 6-12 or more months to be ported (or some didn't get ported at all - such as Chrono Trigger and Sin & Punishment). Now all aside from really niche titles get ported, and within a reasonable time frame. Not only that, but developers generally make a real effort to convert games to PAL - and HD gaming tosses the old PAL/NTSC differences straight out of the window.

I can't believe SFIV is only two weeks away from my doormat! So close! biggrin.gif

Would anyone be interested in an online H&E SFIV meetup/tournament? smile.gif

#51 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:50 PM

Ah man sucks for the rest of the world when you have to wait for game releases longer then the States, or those that don't even get released! Oh well at least their is Play Asia as an alternative!

Man I'm really excited! I don't think I'm going to get any DLC besides the free Championship mode expansion. Not really look to spend more money for costumes. Remember when you had to unlock the costumes like back in the day? Now its all about the money. They should hold online contests with DLC as prizes...

Either way I'm really looking forward to getting it and can't wait. I've already purchased half of it with my pre-order so if by some freaky event I'd be short on cash the day I pick it up. My fingers are already prickling with nostalgia!

QUOTE (Smiter @ Feb 6 2009, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That be a lot of fun actually! I'm sure giving a couple of weeks after the game is released so people have purchased it and had enough practice. I'd like to play with anyone who's getting it for Xbox 360.

#52 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:16 PM

Play Asia is good, I used to buy from them. happy.gif

The Championship extension is a must-download for me, too. I don't know what DLC is included in the Collector's Edition, so I'll just have to wait and find out. I think online contests with DLC as prizes is an excellent idea! Are you listening, Capcom? Host official tournaments now and then, with costumes/characters/stages etc. as prizes!

OK, let's go for a meetup/tournament 2 weeks after launch. biggrin.gif All 360 owners interested, please post away here!

#53 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Feb 6 2009, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OH HELL YES!!! biggrin.gif

When I get the game, I'll be in, immediately!

latest?cb=20140126021943

#54 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Video games, and band.

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:54 AM

Hell F***ing Yeah I'll play you guys online. I just have to slave away at the game so I can learn all the moves.
Spock it, lock it, rocket, explode it, reload it.

#55 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:35 PM

I knew I would regret leaving my 360 at my mom's house before I left back to school. Oh well, I won't be able to play any of you before june, and by then you'll all be super awesome. God, I should totally get some practice in at a friend's house or something. *starts to check his msn-friends for xbawkz*

#56 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:37 PM

With the release date is TOMORROW, the game is already sold out in Japan, both console versions.

Japanese version already gone off the shelves!

Will it happen here in the US and even in Europe?! I better get my copy very soon.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#57 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:40 PM

I hope you pre-ordered it man, because I doubt things will be much different here in the States. Big titles like this go very, very fast upon release.
bd5.jpg

#58 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:37 PM

I just picked up my copy a few minutes ago smile.gif I also got Resident Evil 5 pre-ordered while I was at it.

I'm going to try it out today, but will probably have a full go once the weekend starts. Need to get school work out of the way!

EDIT: Oh God Street Fighter with these beautiful graphics? This was how it was meant to be played @_@

#59 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:58 PM

-cries- Man oh man. I have to wait until I start getting paid until I can pick up a new 360. So unfair....

#60 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:24 PM

I may gonna test the game at my school tomorrow. They are hosting a tournament there. I can't wait! a_spaz.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users