Street Fighter IV/Super Street Fighter IV Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
477 replies to this topic

#1 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 20 October 2007 - 07:42 PM

(I totally forgot to post it here! sweatdrop.gif )

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#2 Illadelphfan07

Illadelphfan07

GODZILLA GOT KNOCKED THE **** OUT

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 11:35 PM

man i think it's been around a decade since 3. i can't wait to playit. i saw the tralier a couple of days ago and it's sick. it's good to know im not the only sf fan around happy.gif but some bad news, this game isn't coming anytime soon :shamefulcry0js: but nonetheless it should be pretty decent
Ni@#a whats tha fu#k you talking about we got XBOX and Playstation Ni@#a and we got Incredible Hulks! all the kids are welcome motherFu#ker! -Thugnificent

#3 AyaMoto74

AyaMoto74

Mrs. Darttension

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • Interests:I think you all know my hobbies XD

My hobbies include writing/ making music, writing stories, playing videogames, and chatting!

Posted 20 October 2007 - 11:43 PM

Aw, I thought you meant Star Fox. sad.gif Oh well tongue.gif

Kiss you for lonesome folly...

#4 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 04:46 AM

Street Fighter 4 aye. Should be good.

#5 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 21 October 2007 - 05:00 AM

I heard Street Figher EX sucked and was slow. I hope the fighting is faster, and as good as the 2D versions.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#6 deathworks

deathworks

I'am something..

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  • Interests:Computers computers and computers

Posted 21 October 2007 - 05:14 AM

ZOMG!!!! I just creamed myself.....After 10 years.....FINALLY!!!!
It better be worth the wait!
Naruto on Disney.....I give up....
Good night sweet prince..

#7 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 05:34 AM

What does it say that I was hoping this was an announcement about Starflight 4? (Which would have me wondering when Starflight 3, the fan production literally 20 years in the making, had changed from vaporware to reality)

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#8 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 21 October 2007 - 06:56 AM

Street Fighter 4! Hoorah! Looks awesome!

uc.png

#9 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:18 AM

Well they (Capcom) said that its on 2-D (once again) but it will be release in the Arcades next year... huh.gif

Didn't Arcades are done?

Console version will be expected around 2009.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#10 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:35 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Oct 21 2007, 04:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Didn't Arcades are done?

Yes they aren't.

uc.png

#11 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:41 AM

It looks good
Never really got into the game though
I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

#12 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:39 AM

2009?

aww, what a pain in the ass lol.

I had hoped it would have been sometime next year. Ah well.

#13 Silent Shinobi

Silent Shinobi

Tatsumaru of the Cloud

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 06:11 AM

CAN. NOT. WAIT.

Oh Yeah!

#14 Illadelphfan07

Illadelphfan07

GODZILLA GOT KNOCKED THE **** OUT

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 08:07 PM

well heres some news from 1up.com

Street Fighter IV Unveiled
Exclusive first ever screenshot and details for Capcom's franchise revival.
By Matt Leone, 12/06/2007

Numbers are supposed to be impressive, right? Well, it's been 10 years, two hardware generations, and about 17,000 rumors since the last pure number Street Fighter came around. And today we have the first ever official details on Street Fighter IV.
We don't blame you if your eyes have already skipped down to the screenshot lower on the page (yes, that's from the game engine). Take your time. But we've got some information as well, so the rest of this is probably worth reading when you get a chance.

Though the screenshot doesn't answer this question outright, we can confirm that the game's graphics are polygonal but the gameplay is strictly 2D. There will be new moves, locations, and gameplay features, while the standard six button control scheme remains. Ryu and Ken return along with Chun-Li and Dhalsim, but beyond that the character roster is a mystery. And then there's the issue of what platform(s) the game will end up on, which at this point Capcom is keeping close to its chest (if you search 1UP's database, you'll find listings for arcade, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions, but those are just guesses based on the graphical quality).

head here for a screenshot of Ryu:http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3164756
Ni@#a whats tha fu#k you talking about we got XBOX and Playstation Ni@#a and we got Incredible Hulks! all the kids are welcome motherFu#ker! -Thugnificent

#15 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:06 PM

YEAH!!!!! w00t.gif Chun-Li is back with Ryu and Ken!!! a_dance.gif

But... Dhalsim?!!! huh.gif He quit fighting after SF2, which is part of the canonical storyline. Why Capcom brought him back? I expected his son to be part of the storyline.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#16 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Dec 10 2007, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
YEAH!!!!! w00t.gif Chun-Li is back with Ryu and Ken!!! a_dance.gif

But... Dhalsim?!!! huh.gif He quit fighting after SF2, which is part of the canonical storyline. Why Capcom brought him back? I expected his son to be part of the storyline.

I would take a long shot but it's like a softening of RE5 racism critism. If you add more black-toned skin people into Capcom games , it would appeal more and perhaps hinder a wee bit the criticism.

And I liked Dhalsim. What's wrong with the long stretchy arms man? D: <

#17 deathworks

deathworks

I'am something..

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  • Interests:Computers computers and computers

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:53 PM

I like playing as Dhalsim it makes people mad when you got such a reach on other people
Naruto on Disney.....I give up....
Good night sweet prince..

#18 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (Yakatsu @ Dec 10 2007, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would take a long shot but it's like a softening of RE5 racism critism. If you add more black-toned skin people into Capcom games , it would appeal more and perhaps hinder a wee bit the criticism.

And I liked Dhalsim. What's wrong with the long stretchy arms man? D: <

QUOTE (Dr. Octoganupus @ Dec 10 2007, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like playing as Dhalsim it makes people mad when you got such a reach on other people

I think that was why people can't stand playing him. I don't mind Dhalsim but I'm glad he returned to the series...

And I just found out storywise that IV is set RIGHT after SF2. So (even though it is not canon storywise), I expect the cast of SF2-SSF2T returns, since I believe Bison is not down and out yet.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#19 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:58 PM

I'm also looking forward to this! Been keeping an eye on it since it cropped up on Kotaku. happy.gif

That screenshot of Ryu is impressive. There are a few flaws, but I really like the painted look. Hopefully they'll keep it 3D-on-a-2D-plane. Sure, games like Dead or Alive and Soul Calibur work very well in 3D, but I'm not sure SF4 would keep the Street Fighter spirit if it were to go full-3D.

I'd love to see the full SSF2 roster, with one or two extras from the Alpha series. Come on, who doesn't want to see Sakura and Dan return? XD

#20 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 06:44 PM

Here's a video interview from 1up.com with producer Yoshinori Ono discussing the game and the new street fighter movie focusing on chunli

http://www.1up.com/d...ory?cId=3165174

heres some details from the interview by psu.com:

Yoshinori Ono, the producer of Capcom’s forthcoming Street Fighter IV, recently took the opportunity to divulge yet more information on the highly anticipated brawler for next-generation consoles.

During an interview with 1UP, Ono discussed the idea behind Street Fighter IV and its characters. In addition, when describing the atmosphere and the thought behind the title, Ono cited Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo as a key element in “preserving” the qualities of the series and updating them for this latest instalment:

“You know Street Fighter 3 is still popular in Japanese arcades, still popular at the evolution Tournaments. A lot of people are still really love it…because it’s still a great game. But if you really look deeply, Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, that’s the game. That’s the game that everyone agrees is the king of Street Fighter.”

“We really want to preserve the feel of that game. We want to preserve the characters that are present in that game. Bring them up to speed, into modern times. Using that as a sort of base for a way of thinking. That’s why we decided to put the story line right around there. So people will have a level of familiarity jumping into it.”

When asked about particular characters not making a return to the series, Ono commented:

“I can’t say anything too clearly just yet, but I can tell you that we really don’t want to disappoint players who were big fans of a certain character…we want to do what we can to bring everybody back”

Ono was later asked the question if there will be any new female characters to the game besides Chung-Lee, his comments were:

“I really got to bite my tongue on this one, but I will say that if you’re worried about balance in the sexes, let’s not focus on Cammy so much since we’re looking at SF4, not an alternate version of previous games. There’s going to be new characters as well.”

Currently, a firm release date for Street Fighter 4 has yet to be determined. Some have predicted a late 2008 release while others anticipate the game may not arrive until early 2009.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users